Dolphins linebacker says he is ready to stand for anthem again

From left to right, Miami Dolphins' Jordan Lucas, Jermon Bushrod, Jelani Jenkins, Dion Sims and Jordan Cameron (84) walk off the field after an NFL football game against the Seattle Seahawks, Sunday, Sept. 11, 2016, in Seattle. (AP Photo/Stephen Brashear) AP

Dolphins linebacker Jelani Jenkins has made his stand.

Now he’s apparently ready to stand with the rest of his teammates.

Via Chris Perkins of the South Florida Sun-Sentinel, Jenkins wrote in Time magazine that he’s made his point.

“Now that the conversation has begun,” he wrote, “on Sunday, Sept. 18 I intend to stand united with my teammates and the Miami Dolphins organization during the national anthem, which I have done since my arrival in 2013. God Bless you all.”

Jenkins took a knee along with three teammates last week, joining running back Arian Foster, wide receiver Kenny Stills and safety Michael Thomas.

Permalink 18 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Rumor Mill
18 Responses to “Dolphins linebacker says he is ready to stand for anthem again”
  1. jjb0811 says: Sep 16, 2016 8:34 AM

Multimillionaires by playing a game think their oppressed. Illogical.

2. abninf says: Sep 16, 2016 9:14 AM

“Now that the conversation has begun,” he wrote, “
    ===============================

This “conversation” has been major news for a couple of years now, big guy. Stop acting like you did something.

3. rogerpredactor says: Sep 16, 2016 9:32 AM

can we keep a running list of who is standing and who is sitting/kneeling?

It would help me with my fantasy team mgmnt.

4. ncphinsfan says: Sep 16, 2016 9:44 AM

Whatever….. America in general is so full of Opinions and little to no Action. The same people that are burning their Dolphin gear and never watching them again are also the ones who sit on their couch during the Anthem or drive by a homeless Vet trying to avoid eye contact to bypass the dreaded donation. Yes, we have problems in this country! However, kneeling at a game or Hillary getting pneumonia for a day is not worth the same coverage. With Social Media, suddenly everyone is an expert. SMH

5. thegenghiskahn88 says: Sep 16, 2016 9:46 AM

These millionaires aren’t out there saying that they, specifically are oppressed.

Some of you just won’t get it, and that’s okay.

6. rohinaz says: Sep 16, 2016 10:18 AM

Anyone gonna protest for the murdered cops? An ‘activist’ just ran over 3 cops on his car for no reason a few days ago in phx. More were people were murdered in Chicago the last 8 years than soldiers died in the Iraq war. Protest that.

7. dreadnok89 says: Sep 16, 2016 10:19 AM

Some of you just won’t get it, and that’s okay.

4 2
    —— ——-

No we get it fine. If there was a massive amount of oppression towards blacks they wouldn’t be in these leagues making money or on my tv screens screens singing or acting. There also would be affirmative action or hate crime laws.

8. steelerben says: Sep 16, 2016 11:03 AM

thegenghiskahn88 says:
    Sep 16, 2016 9:46 AM

Some of you just won’t get it, and that’s okay.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

For many people there is a staunch refusal to admit racism exists. This is due to many reasons, but the one I most frequently note is the “stand on your own two feet” guys. They preach about how programs like welfare destroy America and that everyone must stand on their own. If they are to admit racism exists, then they also must admit that they have benefited from a system that plays favorites. I say this under the assumption that these guys are white, because if you are black and have dealt with the police, it certainly is not hard to convince you that race is an issue.

9. iamkillerfin says: Sep 16, 2016 11:23 AM

Ouit photographing these IDIOTS protesting what ever they are protesting & it will ALL go away!!!

10. motasew111 says: Sep 16, 2016 11:39 AM

Good for him. My real problem with these “protests” is they don’t have a measureable goal? What is their definition of success? They are protesting some great injustice that is, frankly, largely based on a false narrative and not supported by facts. So if their goal is to get a conversation started, I guess they’ve done that, although I’d say the only conversation they’ve really started is Americans opinions on spoiled millionaire athletes.

11. rcali says: Sep 16, 2016 11:39 AM

The damage is done.

12. finchy74 says: Sep 16, 2016 12:03 PM

He obviously watched South Park this week.

13. Kelly's Chronicles says: Sep 16, 2016 12:15 PM

Translation: I got my attention fix….

14. archermaggot says: Sep 16, 2016 12:54 PM

“People are slower to educate themselves and be informed about something if they have never experienced it. They might even downplay the level at which those problems exist. But that certainly doesn’t let people off the hook. My only experiences with police are when they stand guard in our bullpen or when they escort us to the airport. No one has ever questioned my legitimacy as a citizen or a homeowner or a pedestrian.

I can’t pretend it doesn’t happen just because it has never happened to me. If we are willing to have an open mind and empathize rather than immediately getting defensive, then maybe we can start a far more constructive dialogue that hopefully leads to addressing these problems.”

15. stairwayto7 says: Sep 16, 2016 2:10 PM

Some unknown linebacker will now stand? I bet he did not get attention he wanted.

16. really410 says: Sep 16, 2016 4:42 PM

At the beginning it bothered me , because I love my country and think the flag represents everything. Honestly stand sit kneel . All you have done is bring out Americans who feel like I do . Know ones talking about why you did it it’s all about how . Epic failer

17. painsyndicate says: Sep 19, 2016 11:38 AM

$20+ trillion has been handed to you guys from the government (US taxpayers) yet still you complain.

Go away.

18. aferraridriver says: Sep 19, 2016 5:03 PM

There is so much discrimination in professional sports. Barely 80 percent of the players are Black in the NFL and if you look hard you may fine a couple of non Black starters in the NBA.

The truth is that the Black players that are on the teams and starting simply are better than those competing for the same jobs. A businessman who wants to win, and all of us do, will employ the best people and believe me the color of the skin means nothing. Like all businessmen, I am interested in the bottom line, productivity and money and in sports it’s money and championships.

The same philosophy holds true for management positions. If you demonstrate the talent/potential, it will be noticed.