Josh Norman wants to extend “olive branch” to Giants taunters

FILE - In this Monday, Sept. 12, 2016, file photo, Washington Redskins cornerback Josh Norman (24) warms up before an NFL football game against the Pittsburgh Steelers in Landover, Md. Will $75 million Redskins CB Josh Norman be assigned to cover the Cowboys' Dez Bryant on Sunday? (AP Photo/Alex Brandon, File) AP

Josh Norman has been in Odell Beckham’s head for a while. And with the way Victor Cruz and other Giants were talking about him this week, he’s bought some real estate in some other New York craniums as well.

Norman sloughed off the remarks from Giants players about his not being matched on Antonio Brown last week, as he prepares to play against the Cowboys.

“When you’re at the top of your profession, someone is always trying to grab at you just because they’re not at the top of your profession,” Norman said, via John Keim of ESPN.com. “You just have to extend down your arm and hand them an olive branch. . . .

“Crazy thing is, I guess if you say something, you get yourself on TV — cause I’m always on. Add up the number of people who are saying something against me, compared to how many I say something to them, you’ll see the vast number of people. Wow.”

Expect the talk to continue next week, when Washington actually plays against all the guys chirping at Norman, a feud that goes back to last year’s game when he was with the Panthers, and he and Beckham basically fought the whole game.

“I love it,” Washington wideout DeSean Jackson said. “Let the people say what they want to say, get riled up. We’re going to have to see them in two weeks. Whatever Vic feels he has to say, that’s his opinion. He still has to go on the field and play against Josh so whatever you say, get ready to back it up when we come play y’all.”

Popcorn stations are standing by.

Permalink 17 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, New York Giants, Rumor Mill, Washington Redskins
17 Responses to “Josh Norman wants to extend “olive branch” to Giants taunters”
  1. mykpfsu says: Sep 16, 2016 7:47 AM

You know Norman won’t be matched on Bryant. Thats an instant loss to Washington if they do.

2. httr4life4ever says: Sep 16, 2016 8:07 AM

Again what’s has Cruz done in the last three years to have anything to say to Norman, reestablish yourself as a WR, a D then maybe you can have something to say…no production = no talk in my book

3. bigbluefan56 says: Sep 16, 2016 9:27 AM

Josh Norman and DeSean Jackson deserve each other…. Still waiting for someone to punch DeSean Jackson’s clock. After last night’s taunting call on Eric Decker, Jackson better get one whenever he touches the ball…..

4. jag1959 says: Sep 16, 2016 9:31 AM

Some intra-divisional salt, nothing wrong with that.

5. jdthemd says: Sep 16, 2016 9:33 AM

“You just have to extend down your arm and hand them an olive branch.

Something tells me he still believes he’s superior to them.

6. sgrvn329 says: Sep 16, 2016 9:49 AM

Victor Cruz must not have watched that game closely, because Brown didn’t want anything to do with Josh either. That why he did most of his damage on the weak side. I saw three times when Brown was matched up with Josh and Brown was rejected. Victor Cruz is a WR4 after all the injuries, so he would never draw coverage from Josh.

7. bigbluefan56 says: Sep 16, 2016 9:53 AM

httr4life4ever says:
    Sep 16, 2016 8:07 AM

==============================================================

Just what exactly had Norman done? Pro Bowl? Cruz has been there. Super Bowl? Cruz has been there, has catches, yards and a TD, oh and a ring to prove yet….. He can talk all he wants to about Norman in your book, my book or anyone’s book.

8. parasol monster says: Sep 16, 2016 11:18 AM

Anyone else find Norman just extremely unlikable? I can’t be alone? As the guy above posted, his and DeSean’s hubris belong together.

9. httr4life4ever says: Sep 16, 2016 11:58 AM

bigbluefan56 says:
    Sep 16, 2016 9:53 AM

=========================================
    This aint the what have you done for me in the past league, This is the what have you done lately league. Nobody wants to hear what you did 3-5 years ago. What have you done recently, besides sit on the sidelines, the pressbox with you legs kicked up sipping lemonade and eating bons bons.

10. stylzinc says: Sep 16, 2016 12:15 PM

_____________________________________________
    Im not even a Giants or Cruz fan but if it’s a what have you done lately league, I believe Cruz had a touchdown & the giants won their last game.
    What did Norman & Washington do their last game?

11. bigbluefan56 says: Sep 16, 2016 12:21 PM

httr4life4ever says:
    Sep 16, 2016 11:58 AM
    bigbluefan56 says:
    Sep 16, 2016 9:53 AM

=========================================
    =============================================
    Back away from the keyboard and put down the coffee cup… You’ve been out of civilization wayyy too long my friend… Do you even proof read your comments? Or do you just “fire and forget”? Your little boy had 1, I repeat ONE good year. At 46, I would be a Pro Bowl CB if I was playing behind that front 7. Cruz has been out for 1.5 yrs and by the looks of it, he’s ready to pad his stats… Talk to me after week 3 or better yet (I’ll give YOU the benefit here) after the season… Give me 1 game where Norman’s stats come close to Cruz’s worst game!!!

12. Angry Orange Man says: Sep 16, 2016 1:19 PM

Wait, Norman is in the Giants head? He’s the one that hasn’t stopped talking about them since last season. Beckham has a condo in his brain. He knows the only reason he didn’t give up 120 2 TDs vs Beckham last year was Beckham dropped that one easy TD pass. What world are they living in that people are constantly talking about him?

Norman is right though. He IS at the top of the system corner profession.

13. Mr. Wright 212 says: Sep 16, 2016 2:32 PM

Odell Beckham has been in Josh Norman’s head for a while, you mean.

This man literally spent the entire offseason, all the way through preseason talking about Beckham. Not the other way around.

14. Mr. Wright 212 says: Sep 16, 2016 2:39 PM

parasol monster says:
    Sep 16, 2016 11:18 AM
    ——-

I don’t need to like or dislike him. It’s that he vastly overvalues himself and actually believes he’s better than he is.

15. demskinsbaby says: Sep 16, 2016 4:27 PM

I like Josh Norman… Lol. He’s got got all your panties in a bunch. Get out of your feelings man. Y’all take this stuff way too serious. Anyways …. I’m confident in Breeland.. He just had to step up. When he does, the Redskins will just lock down on everybody. And in actuality it was Brown who didn’t want to face Morgan… Not the other way around. It’s called respect. Learn something.

16. richiethegreek says: Sep 16, 2016 5:07 PM

Norman is a total clown. But he managed to humiliate Odell Beckham and make him make an ass out of himself.

A punk got punked by a punk.

17. bigbluefan1 says: Sep 17, 2016 8:24 PM