Packers-Vikings down 16 percent from 2015 Week Two SNF

MINNEAPOLIS, MN - SEPTEMBER 18:  A Minnesota Vikings fan cheers during the game Green Bay Packers on September 18, 2016 in Minneapolis, Minnesota.  (Photo by Jamie Squire/Getty Images) Getty Images

The trend is not the NFL’s friend.

Through six nationally-televised 2016 prime time games, the ratings have dropped in comparison to the 2015 equivalent in each and every slot.

Via SportsBusiness Daily, overnight ratings for the Week Two Sunday Night Football game pitting the Vikings against the Packers resulted in a drop of 16 percent in comparison to last year’s Week Two Seahawks-Packers game on Sunday night.

The NFL is not yet officially worried. Unofficially, however, the NFL surely is beginning to wonder what’s going on. One source with knowledge of the league’s thinking on matters of this nature recently suggested that, for now, the reason(s) for the decline aren’t known.

Regardless, the decline continues. The next test comes on Monday night, when the Eagles visit the Bears.

Permalink 98 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Green Bay Packers, Home, Minnesota Vikings, Rumor Mill
98 Responses to “Packers-Vikings down 16 percent from 2015 Week Two SNF”
  1. AtheistsareIdiots says: Sep 19, 2016 1:09 PM

I’ll tell you. Its the Kaepernick effect. Fans are sick of
    Obama’s divided America entering the NFL, their sanctuary of unity for the weekend

2. Rob. O says: Sep 19, 2016 1:09 PM

This is surely L.A.’s fault. Time to move the team again.

3. briddes says: Sep 19, 2016 1:09 PM

I am glad that the ratings are down. The NFL does not care what the fans think until the money starts getting affected. This is about the only way that fans can show their displeasure with the NFL.

4. harrisonhits2 says: Sep 19, 2016 1:09 PM

That’s what happens when you have the most corrupt liar of a sports commissioner in modern American history running your league.

Corruption and lies over and over and over again and somehow you think that most of the fans are sheep who can’t see through the lies.

I watched the Pats game this weekend but zero other games. I used to watch every single game I could no matter the teams playing.

Goodell and his cronies are vile, they are ruining the game and the league, and the must go !

5. scrp2 says: Sep 19, 2016 1:09 PM

It’s not going to get any better. The Bears will play SNF next week. This ain’t 1985.

6. infectorman says: Sep 19, 2016 1:10 PM

Who wants to listen to Aikman and Buck…..ever…..again?

Every flipping Sunday at 4:pm it’s the same ole’ NFC game crew., it’s like Chinese water torture.
    Many Americans are finding better ways to spend their time.
    Who could blame them?

7. craignflfan says: Sep 19, 2016 1:10 PM

I know why. It’s because Goodell thinks he’s Vince McMahon and is fixing these games. Suspending Brady for four games with no proof? What did they think would happen?

8. antkowiak666 says: Sep 19, 2016 1:10 PM

It’s getting harder to watch because I have to wait for the referee to tell whether or not it was a catch.Also the taunting calls this week were ridiculous to say the least.Just ask the Browns.

9. minnesotablizzard says: Sep 19, 2016 1:10 PM

Eagles and Bears will probably have the lowest ratings of all the prime time games.

10. gtodriver says: Sep 19, 2016 1:13 PM

Well, it was just the Packers playing at the Palacious Purple Paradise….

Now if it had been a better quality visiting team, I’m sure the ratings would have been better.

11. puckthafatriots**** says: Sep 19, 2016 1:14 PM

I’m boycotting the NFL until Chris Berman moves on.

12. ajg314 says: Sep 19, 2016 1:14 PM

With no malice towards anyone intended, but I’ve got to wonder if there’s a correlation between the decline in TV ratings/popularity and with these protests during our national anthem.

13. Wisconsin's Favorite Son Jeffrey Be Dahmed says: Sep 19, 2016 1:16 PM

Well, my Packers don’t contribute much. The team should move. Green Bay just isn’t a pro team town.

14. bigugly2005 says: Sep 19, 2016 1:16 PM

NFL = Roger Goodell. You do the math…

15. sgmjerry220 says: Sep 19, 2016 1:16 PM

In order:
    1) NBC
    2) The time the games ends. A Sunday night game isn’t attractive to a workforce that has to go to work on Monday, after spending the entire day watching football, and maybe drinking adult beverages.
    3) The opponents, recognizing the NFL got this right last night.

16. sterling7 says: Sep 19, 2016 1:16 PM

It’s oversaturation. Get rid of those damn Thursday night games and put the NFL/College draft back where it belongs on the weekend. The NFL is killing the goose that lays the golden egg………

17. parilli15 says: Sep 19, 2016 1:17 PM

Maybe it’s the Brady fallout. After all, deflategate proved that the NFL has no integrity. Goodell’s continued blatant lying about the case during Week 1 interviews proved that he thinks we can all be duped. If the league had any integrity would it allow the two division rivals — Dolphins and Bills — to play the Patriots without facing the 3-time Super Bowl MVP while the Jets will have to face him twice. Would a league with integrity allow the Cardinals to plays a Brady-less Patriots team but not the Seahawks. Yes, there are always variables in the scheduling, but taking Brady out of certain games without creditable evidence of wrongdoing is blatant manipulation of the results. Who wants to watch a league in which the fix is not only in, but blatantly supported by the commissioner.

18. thereisfootballwestofjersey says: Sep 19, 2016 1:18 PM

It’s because of Chris Collingsworth. He is garbage

19. twincities90210 says: Sep 19, 2016 1:19 PM

not one mention of all the brain-dead zombies tuning into Hollywood’s idol show, the EMMYS

20. bkostela says: Sep 19, 2016 1:20 PM

It’s politics’ fault. Last year was not an election year.

21. purpleguy says: Sep 19, 2016 1:20 PM

Admittedly, it wasn’t all that great of a game with all the disjointed action — unless you’re a Viking fan.

22. spilli says: Sep 19, 2016 1:21 PM

The NFL doesn’t need to tamper with and inflate the ratings anymore after finally selling Thursday night football. The Owners are to blame for everything

23. joe6606 says: Sep 19, 2016 1:21 PM

Pat/Steelers was way more compelling that Manningless Broncos/Carolina

No Brady/Cardinals yawn

GB/Minn doesn’t compare to Seattle/GB

it’s the matchups.

24. babyfarkmcgeezax says: Sep 19, 2016 1:22 PM

When the decorated historians of the world talk about the greatest sports stadiums in the history of mankind, monumental architectural feats such as The Colosseum, The Circus Maximus, and Guaranteed Rate Field are usually some of the first brought up for discussion. But last night, my friends, history was made once again. U.S. Bank Stadium – The One Stadium to Rule Them All – officially opened for business in Minneapolis. Decades from now, we will all remember where we were on this historic night for the ages.

25. acerockefellar says: Sep 19, 2016 1:22 PM

Until you get competent refs who literally choose who wins the games, we won’t be watching.

26. Rdog says: Sep 19, 2016 1:22 PM

The season opener was a good game, but it’s lame to have a Super Bowl rematch as the season opener. Why would I want to watch the same teams twice in a row? Last week’s Sunday night game was lacking Tom Brady and Gronk. Last week’s Monday Night games were snoozers. Tonight’s will be the same. And I don’t know about other fans, but Seahawks-Packers in 2015 is much more watchable than Vikings-Packers in 2016.

27. xavier179 says: Sep 19, 2016 1:22 PM

Well all you supposed fans, go watch your basketball, golf and heaven help me bowling on tv. You will return crawling back.

28. imaduffer says: Sep 19, 2016 1:23 PM

I’ll be right back after a word from my sponsors.

29. alewatcher says: Sep 19, 2016 1:24 PM

It’s becoming more and more painful to watch an NFL game. Too many commercials, announcers mostly suck, refs are largely barely competent and either make wrong calls or don’t see what should be penalties.

I used to watch pretty much every game over a weekend, but I’m finding better ways to spend my time.

30. jjb0811 says: Sep 19, 2016 1:25 PM

The streaming method sucked last night. Wouldn’t ever stay on.

31. ebdug says: Sep 19, 2016 1:26 PM

It’s not like 100 million fans didn’t warn them. At this point, even restoring kickoff returns hasn’t helped. Maybe they can save the league if they quit throwing flags for good hits.

32. mmack66 says: Sep 19, 2016 1:28 PM

Eagles and Bears on Monday night aren’t going to turn things around.

Quite frankly, there is too much football on throughout the week. They need to drop the Thursday night game.

33. logicalvoicesays says: Sep 19, 2016 1:29 PM

THE BUBBLE HAS POPPED..

34. In Teddy We Trust says: Sep 19, 2016 1:30 PM

Were the Emmys going on at the same time as last year’s Week 2 game?

35. captainwhodat says: Sep 19, 2016 1:31 PM

oh, make the games even longer from their current 3.5 hr length…more advertising, that’s what we need

36. vikingsftw says: Sep 19, 2016 1:32 PM

1. Ref flags and replays every other play
    2. Games are too long and night games start too late
    3. New kickoff rules suck ruining one of best parts of the game.
    4. Flags for celebrations are ridiculous
    5. Commercials every 5-10 minutes

I mean once you watch Red Zone and how that operates how cannot anyone stomach 3 hours one one stretched out and boring game??

37. donreid1027 says: Sep 19, 2016 1:32 PM

it is because they have brought the star player rules from the NBA to the NFL, if it is a foul for Brady then it should be a foul for Gabbert. The game is a watered down shell of it’s former self and people are getting tired of it.

38. azzuri16 says: Sep 19, 2016 1:33 PM

Perhaps the rise & fall of daily fantasy has something to do with it?

39. briang123 says: Sep 19, 2016 1:33 PM

They should just add more politicization and anti-Trump pronouncements throughout the games. Worked for The Emmys last night.

40. absolutevisuals says: Sep 19, 2016 1:35 PM

“Fans are sick of
    Obama’s divided America”

If you think that Obama divided America, that this country was even racially unified, you’ve been living under a rock in a gated community.

41. djteknision1200 says: Sep 19, 2016 1:36 PM

If it is the protest of the anthem ( which I doubt) then I blam the media. They are to blame for the racial divide in this country. Why even show the anthem on TV for viewers at home?? How many home viewers stand at attention when the anthem comes on?? Are they protesting also? Or do they get their snack at that time and can’t wait till it’s over?? I personally think it’s the product on the field that has caused viewership to drop. The games are just not that exciting as it used to be because of all the flags and delays to explain. Let’sddon’t forget every play that has to be reviewed. It’s almost to the point of watching a baseball game.

42. imaduffer says: Sep 19, 2016 1:37 PM

Ok, I’m back and that’s the end of the first quarter. Insert your favorite four minutes of commercials. I will be right back.

43. huskersrock1 says: Sep 19, 2016 1:38 PM

Maybe even more players should disrespect the anthem and those who died for their freedom, that should help!

44. fmc651 says: Sep 19, 2016 1:39 PM

The NFL has refs do not know what a catch is yet. And now after watching yesterday what a fumble is. When the knee is down it isn’t suppose to be a fumble. I saw it twice yesterday. They can’t even get it right when watching slow motion.Poor officiating to the point the games integrity is in question.

45. iman62 says: Sep 19, 2016 1:43 PM

After watching redzone for the last few years the pace of just a single game is awful. Way too many interruptions.

46. truehoosier62 says: Sep 19, 2016 1:43 PM

I’ll tell you. Its the Kaepernick effect. Fans are sick of

You hit the nail on the head. Until the NFL realizes that we watch the game to enjoy the game, and not to be socially enlightened, numbers will continue to decline. We’re tired of being force fed a steady diet of unhinged social commentary, repetitive human interest stories, and legal ramblings and vitriol. Make it about the game again, if you want us to watch the game again.

47. luvpeytonmanning says: Sep 19, 2016 1:45 PM

I see alot of comments on Facebook and social media that people are boycotting the disrespect of the American Flag.

48. stairwaytoharvin says: Sep 19, 2016 1:46 PM

Maybe fans are just sick of being lied to and treated like idiots who won’t figure it out? Sick of being treated like crack addicts who’ll put up with anything to get a fix? I felt weird last Sunday, not excited or anything and wondered why and if I was the only one. Turns out I’m not by a wide margin

49. jag1959 says: Sep 19, 2016 1:48 PM

As reflected in the comments here at PFT and the conversations I have had with many folks in different markets from around the country more and more people are doubting the integrity of the product. From the handling of the concussion issue and trying to influence an NIH study on head injuries, to the flawed replay process to the catch rule to framegate to the ridiculous tampering punishment leveled on KC to the attempted theft of $110M from the shared funds pool to the handling of the AJ doping inquiry to the commissioner’s outright lies in the Rice and Brady punishments being exposed to…(well you get the idea) the league has systematically undermined the public’s confidence in the sport as a whole and even the validity of game day results. While it’s premature to say that is among the driving factors behind the ratings drop it is certainly impossible to discount it

50. shogunassasin30 says: Sep 19, 2016 1:49 PM

For me anyway, I use VUE from Playstation 4. $39 and I get all the same channels that I do for cable. Only channel I don’t get is CBS and NBC is on demand, but I dont get Sunday night Football. My point is I think Cable use in general is going down because their are better alternatives and that may impact ratings.

51. jackedupboonie says: Sep 19, 2016 1:55 PM

Seahawks had 3 offensive pi’s called yesterday. Ave team totals for a season is right around or under that number. I knew I was watching a skewed telecast by Buck and Troy when Wilson slid and took a hit with a flag….and Troy said he should have slid sooner. Aikman has no idea about scrambling and sliding….he still thinks he was never sacked.

52. judsonjr says: Sep 19, 2016 1:56 PM

They are too focused on cramming commercials in. There was a critical 4th down where one ref marked the spot short of a first down, and the other marked it where it would have been a first down.

So what happens? Measurement, Packers miss first down by inches. Cut to commercial, play starts again, no replay is ever shown.

53. moondog7 says: Sep 19, 2016 1:58 PM

The commercials are overwhelming. I started watching on delay 30-45 mins just to fast forward through all that garbage and half time. Normally get caught up by the 4th quarter and can look at my phone again. If it’s a garbage game on Thursday or Monday night, I’m not sitting thru a kickoff then commercial, then 3 and out and commercial. It’s not enjoyable to spend my time on that. Red zone 12-6 8-1030 Sunday night and I’m done

54. ragnarthemagnificent says: Sep 19, 2016 1:58 PM

Better build some new stadiums and put the tab on the taxpayers. I’m sure that will help.

55. tjacks7 says: Sep 19, 2016 1:58 PM

No need to watch when you already know what’s going to happen.

56. painsyndicate says: Sep 19, 2016 2:06 PM

Good.

Who has the leverage again? The players or the fans?

We win.

57. sundog05 says: Sep 19, 2016 2:06 PM

You’re going to have a team protest our beautiful flag on national TV at SOLDIER freakin FIELD? You need to ask why? I lost my brother in Desert Storm. I used to be a huge NFL fan. I no longer watch this desecration and disgrace. People died so these spoiled children can make millions chasing a ball. Absolutely disgraceful.

58. elyasm says: Sep 19, 2016 2:11 PM

I love the NFL and enjoy watching the games, however I have made a conscious choice to deliberately boycott all NFL games, other than Patriots games, until Goodell is gone. I used to buy Sunday Ticket and would have three TVs on simultaneously to catch all the action, but I didn’t even watch the Super Bowl last year. The one simple reason is the league’s draconian and unprecedented response to first Spygate and then Deflategate. I’m glad their ratings are going down and I hope they continue to plummet until ownership realizes that Goodell is a dirtbag that the fans refuse to put up with any further.

59. coltluger says: Sep 19, 2016 2:12 PM

Top five reasons for the drop-off:

1. Al Michaels
    2. Concussion/CTE
    3. Al Michaels
    4. Streaming/social media/Emmys
    5. Al Michaels

60. nflgtcfl says: Sep 19, 2016 2:15 PM

With all this talk of ratings …

Does this include streaming? Stations, the league and lots of other entities are really pushing streaming. If streaming is excluded from lower ratings , it could in fact be that viewership is up overall. They just are not watching it on TV.

61. leroyquimby says: Sep 19, 2016 2:21 PM

They need more NFC East matchups

62. frank booth says: Sep 19, 2016 2:21 PM

coltluger says:
    Sep 19, 2016 2:12 PM

Top five reasons for the drop-off:

1. Al Michaels
    2. Concussion/CTE
    3. Al Michaels
    4. Streaming/social media/Emmys
    5. Al Michaels
    ===================================
    Al Michaels has been around for years. Besides, if awful announcing had a whole lot to do with audience, nobody would watch or listen to the Vikings with court jester Paul Allen’s poor contribution to the craft. The guy is freaking embarrassing. And his silly little 3rd grade chants on his radio show? Hemorrhoids are more funny and engaging than he is.

They need to lock him in the booth at Canterbury Downs and get a professional announcer to do NFL games. Bobcat Goldthwait or Gilbert Gottfried would be marked improvements.

63. fmc651 says: Sep 19, 2016 2:22 PM

the packers are 6-8 in their last 14 games. That could be the problem.

64. everlast79 says: Sep 19, 2016 2:23 PM

Good! Little humble pie is a good thing. Maybe this will stop them from expanding the regular season to 18 games, or putting a team in London.

Roger Goodell just needs to go, he’s lost all credibility.

65. Norseman says: Sep 19, 2016 2:25 PM

Could be a decline in star-power among NFL players, particularly QB.

66. weepingjebus says: Sep 19, 2016 2:28 PM

“I have no problem with players burning the flag on the sidelines. Hey, where are you going?” — Roger Goodell

67. MichaelEdits says: Sep 19, 2016 2:30 PM

Vote in the opinion poll. Why are the ratings plummeting?

a) Goodell
    b) Goodell
    c) Goodell

68. a1b24312 says: Sep 19, 2016 2:39 PM

You can thank the 49ers QB for this Kaeper.

69. kmartin173 says: Sep 19, 2016 2:45 PM

They know EXACTLY what the reason is, look for the Eagles game to be way, way down too……

70. flaccodelic says: Sep 19, 2016 2:45 PM

I’ll tell you. Its the Kaepernick effect. Fans are sick of

——-

Yes, it’s definitely the fault of Colin Kaepernick’s kneeling during the anthem that so many people have turned away. And Obama, sure why not.
    But, wait… by that measure… aren’t the people who actively turn the channel AWAY FROM THE ANTHEM the real traitors here?? WHY DO THEY HATE OUR VETERANS SO MUCH TO NOT WATCH THE ANTHEM??

Actually none of that theory makes a bit of sense to anyone who isn’t looking for a convenient place to rest their own anxiety about a complicated social environment that they don’t understand and don’t want to have to do any work to try to understand.

71. frank booth says: Sep 19, 2016 2:47 PM

It’s pretty understandable. The Vikings don’t garner much natural interest. Even with a new stadium with a Buffalo Wild Wings and the locker room located in the bathroom of Applebee’s, people don’t really care about the Vikings.

Plus, the locals were pinned to their radios listening to a horse racing announcer calling a football game, who has all of the subtlety of a fart in church. Every play is like hearing the guy who reported the destruction of the Hindenburg 1937, and there is minimal analysis because Paul Allen is too busy yelling “Boom” or offering up ridiculous superlatives.

Great announcers paint a picture. Paul Allen is like a deranged Jackson Pollock who took a bunch of amphetamines and washed them down with a couple of urns of coffee. Just the worst.

72. crownofthehelmet says: Sep 19, 2016 2:48 PM

A bit surprised ratings were down for Sunday night. I thought you’d get some casual viewers tuning in to watch the Bachelor’s brother. They probably did, then saw him whining and crying and figured they might as well turn on Real Housewives to see that.

73. kmartin173 says: Sep 19, 2016 2:52 PM

The 1 thing Americans love more than the NFL, their country.

74. Bob says: Sep 19, 2016 2:57 PM

We’re tired of the social issues, and all of the other BS. We’re also tired of having the Cowboys (mediocre team), Giants (mediocre and irrelevant team outside of New York), Eagles (mediocre and irrelevant) shoved down our throats as lead games in every time slot.

75. retiredrichardsandberg says: Sep 19, 2016 3:00 PM

I HIGHLY suggest the NFL REDZONE. There are no commercials and you don’t have to listen to any one announcer for more than a minute or two. I have never enjoyed watching football more.

76. thermalito says: Sep 19, 2016 3:01 PM

Happy to say my second week of boycotting all NFL games went quite well. Did not watch a single game for the second straight week and had a nice relaxing day with my family. I’m pretty much checked out of the NFL at this point. I have better things to do than be insulted by privileged jerks and their obnoxious political views who are all walking contradictions of their claims. The NFL hates cops and hates our flag unless they can figure out some way to profit from it. I am done with the NFL permanently.

77. yesser12 says: Sep 19, 2016 3:08 PM

Same teams play on prime time every year, honestly it is boring. I barely watch the night games because the announcing is always some butt kissing of the media favorite qbs. The match ups are always NFC East, Pats, Broncos, NFC North, Pitt vs Cincy or Pitt vs Ravens, Saints. Every year the same teams and match ups are on.

Just because those teams are on does not mean the game will be good or interesting. You have 32 teams use them.

78. zoneread510 says: Sep 19, 2016 3:08 PM

I would say that cord cutting is the reason, but I would imagine that this was considered when determining that ratings were down 16%.

79. JSpicoli says: Sep 19, 2016 3:09 PM

I guess you could say Don’t Tread On Me.

80. str82dvd says: Sep 19, 2016 3:11 PM

The game continues to drift away from what we love about football, and what we love about sport.

First and Foremost: The lack of sportsmanship is simply killing my love for the game. I can’t handle watching these guys celebrate so obnoxiously and taunt so blatantly. It’s the silliest thing to watch a corner brag and taunt for 2 minutes after a broken up pass when you know that 2 plays later he could likely get burned.

There’s simply no respect for the game. And btw, the issue hasn’t gotten much worse so much as my preferences are changing. Perhaps public tastes are also evolving on this issue.

(I do blame the networks a bit for showcasing these eye-rolling dances and whatnot. )

Second: The flags for big, formerly legal hits. The game moves too fast to always pivot your helmet out of the way. I don’t believe the NFL is to blame – they’re just a business responding to intense public pressure and litigation.

81. rcali says: Sep 19, 2016 3:14 PM

Didn’t buy NFL ticket this year so it was only 1 of 3 games on my local feed, yet I watched very little. Spent more time with the family because I didn’t have to worry about them protesting anything. NFL is slowly losing me with their social issues.

82. anarchopurplism says: Sep 19, 2016 3:17 PM

NFL Hindrances:

1. Rules & Flags
    …What is a catch again?
    …What is the tackling strike zone?
    …How can a defender touch an offensive player again?
    …Waiting to see if there is a hanky late in the game to move the chains is a part of the excitement?

20-some years ago, I will NEVER forget my Dad, not a big football fan, throw his arms up in disgust & say: “Bunch of frickin’ lawyers” while walking away from the TV. It has gotten WAY worse during that span.

2. Politics
    …We came here to watch football, take your social cause somewhere else. That goes for you Colin & you Goodell.

3. Late nights
    …Nobody really WANTS to stay up until 11 or midnight to watch a football game. Start & finish it earlier.

83. manureman says: Sep 19, 2016 3:20 PM

Let’s go back to playing football and the fans will be back in droves!!!!!

84. thermalito says: Sep 19, 2016 3:29 PM

No desire to watch the National Felons League any longer. I haven’t watched a single game this year and won’t for the rest of the season. All I did yesterday was go to ESPN.com to cheer the fact the 49ers (my ex team) got their brains beat out. I am boycotting the NFL for good.

85. dreadnok89 says: Sep 19, 2016 3:34 PM

Alot of people are mad at the anthem protests by these clowns that have never been oppressed by the flag.

86. tralfaz1127 says: Sep 19, 2016 4:10 PM

They’ve peaked. Horrible officiating, biased officiating, joke of a commish, 40 year fans like me are done.
    This is my last year with the ticket (would cancel now if allowed), was a season ticket holder for 25 years, and now will not spend another penny on any NFL gear, games, etc….
    Also will pay attention to all their advertisers from here on out, and will boycott them.
    Multi-billion dollar operation with zebras who are a total joke and control the outcome of games, and a commish who is clueless. Done.

87. obsessedvikingfan says: Sep 19, 2016 4:12 PM

As a packer fan, Frankie sure complains about listening to the MN Vikings radio announcer a lot. Here is an idea, stop listening to Vikings games on the radio. Move back to WI if MN is that bad.

88. rugolin says: Sep 19, 2016 4:32 PM

You have to wonder if the NFL and it’s players have collectively turned fans off from the game. The NFL has become overexposed with games Sunday afternoon,Sunday night,Monday and Thursday where everyone was happy with having everything done by suppertime on Sunday. Then there are all the endless rules changes where fans,referees and players don’t seem to know what the rules are anymore or if you just watching flag football. Heck they can’t even figure out what a forward pass and reception is.

Then you have all the players with their off field behavior,domestic violence and endless run ins with the police and now they have decided to exploit their position of overpaid entertainment employees to protest on company time to what they believe is a captive audience. They have seriously misjudged as I have walked away from football after being a fan for many years and everyone I know no longer follows the league or watches one game. There are more positive things to do in life.

89. 1967forever says: Sep 19, 2016 4:38 PM

Roger to Brady: “It’s your fault. It’s more probable than not that the ratings are lower because you’re not on TV. Therefore your suspension will be extended until ratings improve.”

90. mataug says: Sep 19, 2016 4:38 PM

Manning and Brady are not playing lol #randomreason

91. 13worldchampioinships says: Sep 19, 2016 4:40 PM

thermalito says:
    Sep 19, 2016 3:29 PM

—-
    If that were the case you wouldn’t be on ESPN or this website. Unless you mean you’re starting your boycott now. But if you read this that means you came back to this website, meaning you aren’t boycotting it yet…unless you start..now!

92. frank booth says: Sep 19, 2016 4:40 PM

obsessedvikingfan says:
    Sep 19, 2016 4:12 PM

===================================
    Sorry. Bear fan and never lived in WI. Went to the U of M and one of my kids goes there as well.

No matter what team you’re a fan of, Paul Allen is horrible. There are 32 announcing jobs for teams in the NFL, and somehow someone thought that calling horse races translated to football.

I like Minnesota a lot. I have a lot of friends from MN, my wife is from there, and a lot of them are Viking fans and they act pretty normal. I don’t know if they are representative of Vikings’ fans or this site is.

93. packsupersoldier says: Sep 19, 2016 4:49 PM

People watch football to escape from politics, not have their faces rubbed in it by a bunch of overpaid ingrates.

94. obsessedvikingfan says: Sep 19, 2016 4:50 PM

OK.. My mistake. But why listen to Viking games if you hate them so much? So you can come on here and complain about PA?

95. frank booth says: Sep 19, 2016 4:59 PM

I’ve listened when I’m in the car to Bears/Vikings games or other games when I’m in town. I heard the highlights from the game this morning on KFAN, and they were predictably obnoxious.

It’s like a train wreck for the ears. You can’t stop listening.

He’s the “Roadhouse” of NFL announcers. Terrible movie, but it’s entertaining in it’s inadequacy.

96. fringetastic says: Sep 19, 2016 5:10 PM

I come to this site 4 or 5 times a day but I watch less and less NFL every year. Part of it is dissatisfaction with the league itself. A bigger part is the league has de-valued each game by making more games available. Once 5 games were being televised every week, I decided I am not going to spend 15 hours every week for 17 weeks watching football. Once I let go of that compulsion to watch every game, it because easy to skip games, which has become barely watching any games at all. Just me, of course.

97. golferinminny says: Sep 20, 2016 11:01 AM

It also doesn’t help that places like ESPN and now NFL Network try to cram 24 hours with “content” that ultimately waters down and degrades that escape that was Sunday football.

I scaled back my watching to my own team and doing chores during commercial brakes. I follow the league scores on my phone apps and if something really interesting occurs I know a highlight will be available eventually. No need to invest time in watching the other teams outside my own. Until my son gets old enough to have an interest in watching with me that’s all the time I want to take away from my family.

It was a 75% share locally Sunday night, you can’t tell me that the ratings are poor for home teams nationwide.

98. esmanske says: Sep 20, 2016 11:04 AM

Sean McDonough is doing the NFL no favors with his milk toast personality and commentating. I think Gruden is already sick of him. MNF is quickly turning into the last few years of TNF. By the looks of the schedule, they will be lucky to get 4-5 interesting games out of this season. so far, 3 games, 3 blowouts. Good to see the ad wizards are coming up with great matchups. Get ready for the great exciting story lines of Atlanta and New Orleans next week. The best they got is remembering the 10th anniversary of Katrina. Well at least that game will be a Hurricane of crappiness.