J.J. Watt not sure he still has letterman jacket from 2012 trip to New England

Texans.Letter.Jackets-300x225

The Texans are headed to New England on Thursday night for a regular season game for the first time since 2012 and they hope for a better result than their last trip.

An 11-1 Texans team was crushed 42-14 by the Patriots, although the lopsided score might not be the most memorable thing about the trip. That would be the custom-made letterman jackets that the Texans chose as traveling attire for the game and that others chose as a punchline for jokes at the team’s expense.

They won’t be wearing the jackets this time, although they remain on some minds. Defensive end J.J. Watt was asked if he knows where his jacket is these days.

“I’ve got no idea,” Watt said, via the Houston Chronicle. “Those were some bad memories. I don’t think [I still have it]. I hope not. I don’t want to bring that back up at all. Those were some bad days.”

The Texans had another bad day in New England a couple of months later when the Patriots beat them 41-28 in the playoffs.

Permalink 17 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, Houston Texans, New England Patriots, Rumor Mill
17 Responses to “J.J. Watt not sure he still has letterman jacket from 2012 trip to New England”
  1. PFT-made-me-change-my-handle says: Sep 20, 2016 4:30 PM

It was dumb at the time but it looks sooooo much stupider after knowing the outcome of the game.

2. thepftpoetinreverse says: Sep 20, 2016 4:38 PM

What I remember least about this story is that the Texans were ever 11-1. Hahaha!!

3. Troll Destroyer says: Sep 20, 2016 4:44 PM

As a Pats fan – I cannot wait for Thursday night.

4. doe22us says: Sep 20, 2016 4:45 PM

Texans probably feel they are catching a break, i am sure they will be as surprised as that blow hard and his GM that reside west.

5. ctiggs says: Sep 20, 2016 4:46 PM

Watt is the biggest dbag in sports

6. nflequalswwe says: Sep 20, 2016 4:50 PM

It’s probably framed in his “minimalist cabin” where he goes to train….said cabin being far nicer than the home the average fan can afford. Has there ever been a bigger self-promoting Dbag in sports?

7. tylawspick6 says: Sep 20, 2016 4:53 PM

Try winning something before going well above the radar.

Ask the pathetic and stupid Jets.

8. flash1287 says: Sep 20, 2016 4:54 PM

JJ Watt has been JJ NOT when it comes to playing NE

Look for more of that to continue Thursday night

9. draculalambert says: Sep 20, 2016 5:05 PM

why wouldn’t he keep the david letterman jacket in a safe place. dude is an icon.

10. dansardo says: Sep 20, 2016 5:09 PM

Watt is the best defensive player in the league, and besides getting annoyed occasionally by his dumb comments, I can’t imagine any real reason to dislike the Texans and their fans. But that letterman jacket thing showed how not ready for prime time the team was and will continue to be until they do something to live that down. Beaing just another team to beat the bengals in a playoff game isn’t going to be it.

11. mmack666 says: Sep 20, 2016 5:22 PM

Pats have done a great job of neutralizing Watt with double-teams and the best QB in football! With Clowney and Mercilus playing better it will be interesting to see what BB has in store. I’m guessing run. A lot!! You know he’ll have his team ready!

12. jodave5 says: Sep 20, 2016 5:23 PM

The Texans don’t even count. I’m a Chiefs fan and our playoff drought is 23 years and counting because beating the Texans last year in the playoffs isn’t like beating a real NFL team. Beat the Patriots, Broncos, or Steelers and then we’ll talk.

13. possumsauce says: Sep 20, 2016 5:27 PM

I’m literally laughing out loud in my office, I had to close the door and everything. Thank you, Alper, and thank YOU, Houston. Maybe they’ve wised up and will go the less conspicuous this route and just get a group deal on some sweet Texans class rings from Jostens? And what cliche will Watt use to sign yearbooks? I’ll give 4:1 odds on “what a long, strange trip it’s been”.

14. bluenose1965 says: Sep 20, 2016 6:58 PM

jodave5 says:
    Sep 20, 2016 5:23 PM
    _________________________________________

Somebody’s still hurting from the weekend.

15. yesser12 says: Sep 20, 2016 7:17 PM

How were they bad times? The team was 11-1 and were actually talked about.

16. htowntexan says: Sep 20, 2016 8:53 PM

Lot of NE fans on here. NE is an impressive franchise; their fan base, not so much.

17. bsizemore68 says: Sep 20, 2016 9:50 PM

Most teams far from grace sooner or later, for me when the Pats have there fall I hope there fans just go away for a long time, having said that I have the most respect for BB and his staff and players. Bill…..however not there owner..