Hue Jackson not losing his “positive outlook” after injuries

CLEVELAND, OH - SEPTEMBER 18: Head coach Hue Jackson of the Cleveland Browns yells to his players during the first quarter against the Baltimore Ravens at FirstEnergy Stadium on September 18, 2016 in Cleveland, Ohio. (Photo by Jason Miller/Getty Images) Getty Images

Wide receiver Corey Coleman’s broken hand is the latest calamity to befall the Cleveland Browns this season and the latest in a long list of problems the organization has been dealing with long before they hired Hue Jackson as their head coach.

Jackson won’t let Coleman’s injury or any of the other things that have gone wrong for the team in the short time he’s been part of the organization get him down, however. Jackson admitted it’s tough to start three quarterbacks in the first three weeks of the season, but said injuries are “part of this thing called football.”

“This organization depends on me having a positive outlook … I’ve seen this before,” Jackson said, via Daryl Ruiter of 92.3 The Fan.

It feels like everyone who has been associated with the Browns since their return to the league has seen something like this before and none of them have been able to navigate it well enough to steer the team back to calmer waters. If there’s a plus for Jackson’s chances of faring better, it’s that expectations were low enough for the Browns coming into the season that you might as well weather as many storms as you can now in hopes that the experience lays the foundation for better things in 2017 and beyond.

Permalink 14 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Cleveland Browns, Home, Rumor Mill
14 Responses to “Hue Jackson not losing his “positive outlook” after injuries”
  1. citizenstrange says: Sep 22, 2016 3:17 PM

I took the Dolphins in my Survivor Pool.

2. logicalvoicesays says: Sep 22, 2016 3:20 PM

The Chernobyl Browns are at it again.

3. politiciansareallthesame says: Sep 22, 2016 3:21 PM

I will never get why anyone would want to coach the Browns. The franchise is cursed.

4. dolphins1484 says: Sep 22, 2016 3:26 PM

Man, if the dolphins lose this game….

5. jjb0811 says: Sep 22, 2016 3:28 PM

Brought an Al Davis run Raiders team to 500 quickly. So the browns should be good w/ him at the helm.

6. kevpft says: Sep 22, 2016 3:29 PM

It’s going to take time in Cleveland, and everyone should know that and support this kind of positive outlook.

But it’s time to get a QB, people. Not someone else’s castoff. It’s time to do what you have to do, spend as many draft picks as it takes, but do it. If no one in next year’s draft is elite, then spend elsewhere but plan for it as top priority the following year.

Going in nothing but circles since Kosar should be all the evidence you need. Look at the Colts – mediocre team, but in the conversation every year with Luck. Look at the Cavaliers.

You’ve tried everything else. Now you need a star.

7. edelmanfanclub says: Sep 22, 2016 3:43 PM

He’s a lunatic but a good coach, give him time unlike the past coaches. He can make it work, he knows offense so let him get his guy and work with him there. Probably needs help in defense though.

8. rcali says: Sep 22, 2016 3:55 PM

I’m not sure the Analytics Machine had the “injury” factor added into the code. And by the way, has anyone seen the Analytics Machine? How do we really know it exists?

9. easydog100 says: Sep 22, 2016 3:56 PM

I completely agree with kevpft…. exactly right. Maybe Wentz should have been the pick… but they need a stronger off. line and defense as well. I’m hanging in there as a fan for more than 55 years.

10. captainobvious says: Sep 22, 2016 3:57 PM

The jury is out on the coaches…but I have to give props to the new front office. They’ve managed to bring in every quarterback that’s cross my mind as “I’d like to see him with the Browns”. Of course…if you’re the Browns…there’s a good chance ever QB will get a chance to play for you. Whitehurst looked really good in Tennessee. I hope he can rekindle the magic somehow.

11. thetooloftools says: Sep 22, 2016 4:02 PM

This is what happens when you are around The Browns for a little while …. you become unteathered
    from reality.

12. getyourownname says: Sep 22, 2016 4:31 PM

Starting to sound like the plot for a Shirley Temple move (young readers will have to research that)

13. mmack66 says: Sep 22, 2016 5:16 PM

politiciansareallthesame says:
    Sep 22, 2016 3:21 PM

——————————————-

Aside from the fact that it is one of only 32 NFL head coaching jobs that exist in the world, there is virtually no downside, and the upside is coach of the century.

14. NoobTubeTV says: Sep 23, 2016 7:40 AM

While I feel like my Browns are cursed I must say that whichever coach brings them to win ONE Super Bowl will go down in history as the greatest coach of all time.

Period.