Jordy Nelson says he’s still getting better

GREEN BAY, WI - NOVEMBER 9:  Jordy Nelson #87 of the Green Bay Packers runs the football up the field in the first half of the NFL game against the Chicago Bears at Lambeau Field on November 09, 2014 in Green Bay, Wisconsin.  (Photo Tom Lynn /Getty Images) Getty Images

After missing all of 2015 with a torn ACL, Packers receiver Jordy Nelson was ready to go in time to start this season. But that doesn’t mean he was at his best in Week One.

In fact, Nelson said he was better in Week Two than he was in Week One, and expects to get better still as the year continues.

“This Sunday was better than the week before,” Nelson said. “As long as that continues, I’ll be excited. I felt really good out there in Minnesota. I felt like I ran quite a bit and never got too winded. The couple times I did come out, it was mainly because I was 50 yards downfield and it would take me a while to get back to the line of scrimmage. That was encouraging for myself, and I think that will continue to grow, and I want to be back to where I can play every snap possible that’s out there and take advantage of those opportunities.”

Aaron Rodgers knows he needs to play better, and Nelson sounds like he thinks he can still play better, too. If both of them can get back to playing the way they played in 2014, the Packers’ entire offense may again look like it did in 2014. But it’s been a long time since the Packers’ offense looked that good.

Permalink 20 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Green Bay Packers, Home, Rumor Mill
20 Responses to “Jordy Nelson says he’s still getting better”
  1. Carl Gerbschmidt says: Sep 22, 2016 12:23 PM

It’s week 2, people. All you guys predicting doom and gloom because of a 3 pt loss due to a phantom PI call need to just chill out.

#R-E-L-A-X

2. Wisconsin's Favorite Son Jeffrey Be Dahmed says: Sep 22, 2016 12:27 PM

So, he felt really good out there in Minnesota. Maybe he doesn’t like Green Bay. At all. Who can blame him?

3. Wisconsin's Favorite Son Jeffrey Be Dahmed says: Sep 22, 2016 12:33 PM

Jordy will get even better at drawing PI penalties. And he will practice the Hail Mary play. He has no other choice. Except to hobble down the field like he is still recovering.

4. Wisconsin's Favorite Son Jeffrey Be Dahmed says: Sep 22, 2016 12:35 PM

Jordy should be OK by Christmas. When he gets a new set of wheels. Or not.

5. jjblueflames says: Sep 22, 2016 12:38 PM

He just needs to keep eating his “Jordy’s Farm Fresh Flakes” each morning. Chock full of knee enriching frosting, vitamins and minerals.

6. Wisconsin's Favorite Son Jeffrey Be Dahmed says: Sep 22, 2016 12:41 PM

Maybe Jordy is afraid Aaron is losing his grip. It looks like it. Because Aaron can’t R-E-L-A-X. So Jordy will get thrown under the bus. Or in front of it. And get hurt again. I hope this doesn’t happen. I don’t want anything to stop us from being in second place again.

7. tremoluxman says: Sep 22, 2016 12:42 PM

So, Carl. Point me to the ‘phantom PI’ that cost you guys the game. Is it on YouTube? Right next to the phantom face-mask called on Minnesota last year? The one where the player’s hand brushed against Rodgers shoulder pads?

Two can play this game. Try losing with a little grace for a change.

8. tremoluxman says: Sep 22, 2016 12:44 PM

By the way, Waynes got flagged 2-3 times for being grabby. And rightfully so. Stop whining, it’s childish.

9. ariani1985 says: Sep 22, 2016 12:49 PM

but frankie booth said he would have 2500 yards by week 9! ready to eat crow?

10. cheeseisfattening says: Sep 22, 2016 12:54 PM

And Eddie Lacy is still fat.

11. Wisconsin's Favorite Son Jeffrey Be Dahmed says: Sep 22, 2016 12:54 PM

Jordy Nelson says he’s still getting better. But we all know that’s not true. He is on the decline. Like Aaron. And that’s our whole team. On the decline.

12. steveylang says: Sep 22, 2016 1:12 PM

RELAX!!!

13. obsessedvikingfan says: Sep 22, 2016 1:15 PM

I agree about the bad PI call. I mean, Diggs body just turned on it’s own and the GB defenders arm went with it.

It was soooo obvious. SMH

14. wafflestomp says: Sep 22, 2016 1:16 PM

ariana is in full split personality this afternoon!
    It just leads me to wonder exactly how many Barney fans truly frequent these boards???

15. numba1wiscosportsfan says: Sep 22, 2016 1:23 PM

Keep it up Jordey! We need you. Gotta do a better job on Tray Wanes, should be burniing him all day – but we all know what happened. GO PACK!!

16. dcviking says: Sep 22, 2016 1:43 PM

Assuming no secondary injuries occur, I think it’s a given as the length strengthens and he gains confidence in it that he’ll be better by the end of season. Think this is pretty much the way it works…

17. philcodean says: Sep 22, 2016 1:44 PM

You da Man Jordy!

18. senxic says: Sep 22, 2016 2:48 PM

Too bad you can’t block the pollution these trolls post. Ignorant.

Jordy will be back. Probably not the same, but he will be back.

19. conormacleod says: Sep 22, 2016 3:22 PM

I honestly didn’t see Jordy downfield all game long. Of course, that’s because the camera was focusing on Aaron fumbling the ball while being sacked.

20. skolvikes says: Sep 22, 2016 6:04 PM

I wish Jordy nothing but the best, but the facts are he’s 31, not 22. It’s been what 14 months now. It’s not going to get that much better.

Welcome to aging, it sucks.