Skip to content

Chargers shuffle line, still find success vs. Saints

SAN DIEGO, CA - OCTOBER 02:  Melvin Gordon #28 of the San Diego Chargers carries the ball from  Nate Stupar #54 of the New Orleans Saints during the second quarter at Qualcomm Stadium on October 2, 2016 in San Diego, California.  (Photo by Harry How/Getty Images) Getty Images

The Chargers have had to adjust on the fly in Sunday’s game vs. the Saints, shuffling an already banged-up offensive line. They’ve also relied on little-used wide receiver Dontrelle Inman and have even mixed in a little defense.

So far, so good. Melvin Gordon’s second touchdown run of the game early in the fourth quarter extended the Chargers lead to 31-21, and following an interception they got a Josh Lambo field goal to make it 34-21.

Inman is having a career game. He has seven catches for 120 yards and a touchdown with a little under 10 minutes left. Inman had five catches over the first three games.

The Chargers converted three third downs on the drive that ended in Gordon’s second score. Gordon now has six rushing touchdowns on the season, most in the NFL, after not scoring one last season as a rookie.

Permalink 4 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, New Orleans Saints, Rumor Mill, San Diego Chargers
4 Responses to “Chargers shuffle line, still find success vs. Saints”
  1. ariani1985 says: Oct 2, 2016 7:33 PM

    look. what happens when 72 percent of the money goes to a QB!

  2. raiderapologist says: Oct 2, 2016 7:44 PM

    That Saint defense is terrible. As a Raider fan, I’m qualified to recognize one when I see it.

  3. aintasinner says: Oct 2, 2016 7:55 PM

    Uh oh! Wrote this too soon. Saints win 35-34! That’s what happens when you give Drew Brees 72 percent of the money! Lol!

  4. twoteamsforlosangeles says: Oct 2, 2016 8:52 PM

    Whoops! Sorry, Charger fans games last 60 minutes not 57

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to leave a comment. Not a member? Register now!