OBJ says he’s “not having fun anymore”

EAST RUTHERFORD, NJ - SEPTEMBER 25:  Odell Beckham #13 of the New York Giants walks off the field after being defeated by the Washington Redskins 29-27 at MetLife Stadium on September 25, 2016 in East Rutherford, New Jersey.  (Photo by Michael Reaves/Getty Images) Getty Images

Memo to all NFL defensive backs: Your efforts to reside under the skin and/or inside the brain of receiver Odell Beckham Jr. are working.

A day after his latest in-game meltdown, Beckham bemoaned the manner in which his career has gone recently, with a potentially ominous message about his future.

“Football is my sanctuary,” Beckham told Anita Marks of ESPN New York, via ESPN.com. “It’s where I go to escape. It’s where I’m most happy. I’m not having fun anymore.”

Nearly as significant as Beckham making a statement that will invite defensive backs to keep harassing him until he quits the sport was Beckham’s first tangible suggestion that his frustrations extend not just to how he’s treated by opponents, but by how he’s treated by his team.

“What I’m communicating, we’re not doing,” Beckham said regarding conversations he’s having on the sidelines about improving the performance of the offense — and, of course, getting the ball in his hands more often. “I’m not getting the opportunities to contribute, and that’s frustrating to me.”

For the first time, there’s real reason to believe that Beckham won’t be finishing his career with the Giants, and that his career may be finished far earlier than anyone would have expected. However hard it’s been for him to avoid agitation from opponents and scrutiny from the media, it’s about to get even harder.

Permalink 152 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Dallas Cowboys, Minnesota Vikings, New York Giants, Philadelphia Eagles, Rumor Mill, Top Stories, Washington Redskins
152 Responses to “OBJ says he’s “not having fun anymore””
  1. blynch67 says: Oct 4, 2016 6:05 PM

What a coincidence here – I’m not having fun watching him cost my team penalties and distractions.

2. lightninhopkins says: Oct 4, 2016 6:05 PM

Seriously Odell, stop talking. Stop right now.

3. wcman says: Oct 4, 2016 6:06 PM

All WR’s whine about not getting enough balls thrown their way. Nothing new here except the ridiculous amount of attention it gets.

4. polegojim says: Oct 4, 2016 6:06 PM

Diva… and not a good one.

Guy looks like he’s ready to implode, T.O. style.

5. nomoreseasontix says: Oct 4, 2016 6:07 PM

If it was my team, he’d be gone quick.
    It’s been shown numerous times that talented, head-case divas don’t help you win.
    He may be a rare talent, but he’s a cancer to the team.
    Lose him.

6. johnnytubetop says: Oct 4, 2016 6:08 PM

This guy kind of reminds me of Brandon Marshall early in his career. Makes me think there might be a legitimate undiagnosed mental health issue at play. Hopefully he’s able to turn it around like Marshall did.

7. ryanlatterell says: Oct 4, 2016 6:08 PM

He’s be happy in Minnesota

8. Norseman says: Oct 4, 2016 6:08 PM

Vikings defense doesn’t make it fun for many WRs.

OBJ can be thankful he’s not a QB.

9. PhD says: Oct 4, 2016 6:08 PM

When it’s all about you and things don’t work out the whining comes next.

10. kurdishpats1 says: Oct 4, 2016 6:09 PM

As soon as teams figure him out and he stops putting up insane numbers he whines and moans.

Sore loser.

11. edelmanfanclub says: Oct 4, 2016 6:09 PM

Youre paid to play WR. Not have fun. Grow up

12. tonebones says: Oct 4, 2016 6:09 PM

Hello Terrell Owens! Get rid of this guy fast.

13. skolvikes45 says: Oct 4, 2016 6:09 PM

OBJ gives our president a run for his money when it comes to worlds biggest man-child

14. dkeucd says: Oct 4, 2016 6:10 PM

I started my first job on June 12th 1996. I stopped having fun by lunch time on June 12th 1996. Been working ever since. OBJ can GFH.

15. elmerbrownelmerbrown says: Oct 4, 2016 6:11 PM

I make 43 k a year it hasn’t been any fun for 30 years

16. jag1959 says: Oct 4, 2016 6:12 PM

When your HC says you need to back it down and you say you only care about what the guys in the locker room think it shows a frightening disconnect. Once the locker room leader, who does not usually make substantive public statements, says the same thing and you blow it off then just maybe you need to look at the man in the mirror as the one who is keeping you from being listened to and ‘having fun”

17. atwatercrushesokoye says: Oct 4, 2016 6:12 PM

If he’s not having fun then he should retire. Quit taking money to do something your heart isn’t in. Go make millions doing something else.

I’m guessing he just wants to get more headlines about himself. He’s the ultimate me player, he’s a guy who will complain bitterly after a 30-0 win if he doesn’t get his touches, and he’s a guy who would be happy after a 30-0 loss because he caught 10 passes.

As for the Giants not listening to him, it’s not a democracy, the coaches call the plays, he goes and runs them. It’s not in a coach’s self interest to fail and get fired, if what he was suggesting would work, or have the chance to work, the coaches would call it.

18. rpiotr01 says: Oct 4, 2016 6:12 PM

There’s a cure for that, it’s called a Dom Capers secondary. He’ll be having plenty of fun next week, trust me.

19. patriots123456 says: Oct 4, 2016 6:12 PM

I think he has a blown head gasket.

Look what it did to his hair color.

20. ilovefoolsball says: Oct 4, 2016 6:12 PM

If Odell is frustrated with not getting enough balls maybe he needs to change his approach.

21. bleedingfacemask says: Oct 4, 2016 6:12 PM

Tantrums don’t help you build your brand, Odell.

22. smarterthanyouoryours says: Oct 4, 2016 6:14 PM

He must be a Patriots’ fan considering how much he whines.

23. chieftaindawg says: Oct 4, 2016 6:14 PM

Come to New England

24. elmerbrownelmerbrown says: Oct 4, 2016 6:14 PM

The worse thing that could have happen to him and the Giants was the one hand sticky glove catch

25. aljack88 says: Oct 4, 2016 6:15 PM

uh-oh,,, hope fantasy owners sold him high before last night.

26. jetphan says: Oct 4, 2016 6:16 PM

He should just come out of the closet already

27. manderson4150 says: Oct 4, 2016 6:16 PM

When are his parents coming for him.

28. Judge Smails says: Oct 4, 2016 6:16 PM

Did anyone think this punk would have a great career

Simply a punk spoiled by just about everything

Sports psychologist ……..he needs a real one

29. mrozma says: Oct 4, 2016 6:18 PM

If he were playing for the Pats he would of already been traded away.

30. orangeraider says: Oct 4, 2016 6:19 PM

That first hit on him last night was illegal.
    He was way out of bounds when hit.
    Stupid officials and fans missed that.

31. Carl Gerbschmidt says: Oct 4, 2016 6:19 PM

Maybe he’d be happier playing for a team with a QB who doesn’t throw the ball into the ground at the first sight of a defender.

What a disgusting effort. I can’t even imagine how embarrassed their fans must be

32. jag1959 says: Oct 4, 2016 6:19 PM

He doesn’t listen to McAdoo but complains that McAdoo doesn’t listen to him…yeah, no disconnect there out of Mr 50 Cent Head

33. bullcharger says: Oct 4, 2016 6:20 PM

Wake up Odell! The stardom you gained from one catch was big enough to get you started. Now ignore the noise and put your head down and go to work and trust in your coaches and your two time Super Bowl winning QB. Do what you are being paid to do and act like a pro. See Calvin Johnson, Steve Smith, Andre Johnson. If you don’t your star will fizzle fast and you will wake up eventually, but it will be too late.

34. 4512dawg4512 says: Oct 4, 2016 6:22 PM

Get a haircut and shut your mouth. Sorry to say it but you’re really not that good

35. scoops1 says: Oct 4, 2016 6:22 PM

Joe Thomas and a 1st rounder for OBJ

lets see how much fun he has then

36. rocoop says: Oct 4, 2016 6:22 PM

Trade him to Cleveland

37. 6250claimer says: Oct 4, 2016 6:23 PM

Now he’s even managed to make himself miserable. Congratulations, dummy.

38. richiethegreek says: Oct 4, 2016 6:24 PM

Folks, get your popcorn ready. This is going to get really good.

39. cobrala2 says: Oct 4, 2016 6:24 PM

What I read is McAdoof is not in charge.

40. ben1332 says: Oct 4, 2016 6:26 PM

I like this idea that if he’d simply remained calm while being dominated then he, and his team, wouldn’t have been dominated in the first place.
    It’s fascinating.

41. schmitty2 says: Oct 4, 2016 6:27 PM

This guy is losing it right before our eyes and it would be easier to have sympathy for him if he wasn’t such a diva. He was running his mouth before he even played his first pro game and he hasn’t stopped. No one disputes he is an extreme talent but Josh Norman opened up Pandora’s box on him and not sure if he will recover especially playing in the unforgiving NY marketplace.

42. stellarperformance says: Oct 4, 2016 6:27 PM

43. gfan8611 says: Oct 4, 2016 6:27 PM

This guy has the emotional stability of a spoiled 5 year old. Keep raising kids to believe everyone should get a trophy parents. This is the “adult” the world ends up with.

44. Wisconsin's Favorite Son Jeffrey Be Dahmed says: Oct 4, 2016 6:28 PM

We’ll take him. We have lots of room for head cases in Wisconsin. Just needs to gain 60 pounds. He’ll fit right in.

45. chc4 says: Oct 4, 2016 6:28 PM

Can’t stand people that blame everyone else for their poor behavior. It’s not the officials fault, or your teammates, front office or opponent. It’s all on OBJ and he is too immature to see it

46. famundacheese says: Oct 4, 2016 6:30 PM

I give a 7th rounder for him

47. robmix8 says: Oct 4, 2016 6:31 PM

in his defense he …… never mind. by me using defense with him I might get pushed after the play too

48. steves11 says: Oct 4, 2016 6:31 PM

This guy is having a serious meltdown.

49. inyourmind says: Oct 4, 2016 6:32 PM

Thanks for always thinking about the pats,even on a story on OBJ pretty sad

50. casualmalexlfan says: Oct 4, 2016 6:32 PM

How long until he demands that all opposing teams supply him with a safe space?

51. liontuss says: Oct 4, 2016 6:33 PM

Hmm. He’s not “having fun anymore”. Me neither, OBJ. After having a rough time with work for years, I started a little company and took my kids to 4 Lions games last year. Cost me 2 grand to watch the same garbage I’ve seen for 45 years n TV. Like the Lions, my business is starting to struggle. I’m not giving up on my company, but the Lions are now out of my life. As are the pompous Divas, bonehead referees, overpaid, unappreciative, players and 40M per year Commissioner.

OJB, I don’t give a rat’s tail about you and your behaviour. I’ve fought manic depression on top of 2 hip replacements and a knee replacement (because of HS ball, and I wasn’t even a starter). I acknowledge and stress that there are millions of people who have it rougher than me though, and none of them are NFL players.

Finally, some “get off my lawn” talk. The NFL was great in the 70s to mid 90s. It is now a notch below reality TV.

52. psubeerman21 says: Oct 4, 2016 6:33 PM

No one was doubting his talent after he put up monster numbers his first two years. And after 4 games, he’s a washout? Please. After his first good game, which is coming, everything will be fine. And while it’s somewhat alarming he gave this opinion to the media, I’m sure there are a bunch of players on every team that don’t have fun after they get their butts kicked. It doesn’t mean anything.

53. weepingjebus says: Oct 4, 2016 6:33 PM

Move him to center for a few games and he’ll go back to WR with a huge grin on his face.

54. dickshotdogs says: Oct 4, 2016 6:34 PM

And the tv ratings will take another hit. Seriously, the NFL product has become so overexposed, filled with ugly personalities, anti-American sentiment, a me first mentality and led by a commissioner so corrupt and dishonest that it can’t be taken with any kind of seriousness. I used to really get excited about NFL football on Sunday’s. Now, it’s just church and off to Cracker Barrel or Waffle House, and then yard work. I never thought I’d enjoy it so much. Good riddance, Rog et. al.

55. medialovesthecowboys says: Oct 4, 2016 6:35 PM

Hate the Giants and OBJ, but at the same time he got screwed over with the NFL slobbering all over his knob in 2014 and 15. The NFL would post something about him everybody other day it felt like. After that one-handed catch I thought Chris Collinsworth was going to propose after the game. Anyway, not saying the attention was unwanted, but OBJ was victim of being anointed too fast.

56. upyoursnfu says: Oct 4, 2016 6:37 PM

Retire then

57. wttoolman says: Oct 4, 2016 6:40 PM

That kicking net wasn’t having fun either….

58. digitalsasquatch says: Oct 4, 2016 6:41 PM

High maintenance.

59. silverandblack052099 says: Oct 4, 2016 6:43 PM

Welcome to the real world where most of us don’t have fun at our jobs.

60. RandyinRoxbury says: Oct 4, 2016 6:45 PM

61. kenmasters34 says: Oct 4, 2016 6:45 PM

You know its bad when mister pouty face(eli) criticizes you

62. ariani1985 says: Oct 4, 2016 6:45 PM

Eli sucks, nice effort last night.

63. borbinski says: Oct 4, 2016 6:46 PM

New York City!

64. ckg0913 says: Oct 4, 2016 6:49 PM

I’d love to see him vs Aqib Talib. Talk about fireworks.

65. med515 says: Oct 4, 2016 6:49 PM

So, I guess he will blame the media for twisting his words around again? What a headache this kid is becoming for the team. How many times does Eli and Victor Cruz have to answer questions about Odell? How many have to talk him down on the sidelines. Sick of him. A fan compared him to Lawrence Taylor. C’mon man! LT would have thrown Odell into the stands by his hair.

66. abninf says: Oct 4, 2016 6:52 PM

He has more drama than any female I’ve ever known.

67. tattooit says: Oct 4, 2016 6:53 PM

As a Giants fan, as much as I love his talent.. it’s time to shop him.

68. GhostPepper says: Oct 4, 2016 6:55 PM

PEDs have been known to make guys crazy. Perhaps he’s due for a test.

69. chippys lost binky says: Oct 4, 2016 6:56 PM

medialovesthecowboys says:
    Oct 4, 2016 6:35 PM
    +++++++++++++++++++

OBJ is a victim??? When we have gotten to the point where a football diva’s tantrums are excused because he is a victim this everybody’s a damn victim stuff is beyond out of control and absurd.

70. logicalvoicesays says: Oct 4, 2016 6:57 PM

Josh Norman wins.

Flawless victory.

71. jason9696 says: Oct 4, 2016 6:57 PM

The Giants should send this priss to boot camp for a few months to toughen him up.

72. rcali says: Oct 4, 2016 6:59 PM

Get him to his “Safe Space” pronto! And yes, I got my popcorn ready for this Soap Opera.

73. Angry Orange Man says: Oct 4, 2016 7:00 PM

As a Giants fan, shut your mouth you big baby, or quit. Be a man, be a teammate, or be somewhere else.

74. tahnoonzee says: Oct 4, 2016 7:00 PM

Find another job.

75. carloswlassiter says: Oct 4, 2016 7:05 PM

Just cut him now and move on.

76. rodgerstonelson says: Oct 4, 2016 7:06 PM

I give him one, maybe two more years in the league. Every smack talking corner in the league is going to eat him alive.

77. sconnyslovethemsomecousins says: Oct 4, 2016 7:07 PM

The Giants organization just needs to practice patience with OBJ. All teenage girls go through this type of phase.

78. pftisfulloftrolls says: Oct 4, 2016 7:08 PM

Odell Beckham Jr. could be a Hall of Fame WR that retires prematurely because he has thin skin.

79. youdrivemenutseagles says: Oct 4, 2016 7:16 PM

Do you honestly think this would be happening if Coughlin were there?
    He’d be “happy” all right!

80. playmayker says: Oct 4, 2016 7:19 PM

Talk about overrated. This guy is famous for one one-handed catch and because he plays in NY. Is he a good WR? Yes. Great WR? No.

81. mosesthejuggernaut says: Oct 4, 2016 7:23 PM

Talented, but a punk. Stop the squealing, catch your balls, help your team win, thank the fans and cash your checks.

82. codiablo says: Oct 4, 2016 7:25 PM

Madden curse – AP on 25 year version cover and now Beckum…Don’t agree to be on the cover!

83. justintuckrule says: Oct 4, 2016 7:26 PM

He’s not interested in winning. He’d rather get his numbers. He got numbers his first years when we went 12-20 and had fun. Send him to cleve

84. rabidbillsfan says: Oct 4, 2016 7:26 PM

So, still want to compare Sammy Watkins and Odell?

85. back2ebayy says: Oct 4, 2016 7:30 PM

As a Bills fan everyone gives me a hard time about why the Bills traded up for Sammy when they could have had ODB and I didn’t say much because they were right…. but I’ve changed my mind………..

If this is how he reacts to ONE 30 yard game with limited targets, how was that EVER going to work in Buffalo!?!?

He would have become a locker room cancer in Year #1 instead of Year #3…

86. skinsdiehard says: Oct 4, 2016 7:31 PM

It’s premature to say that he will not finish his career in NY. He’s not a punk. He’s just very sensitive and emotional. That doesn’t make you a punk. Come on. He’s still a very good WR. No doubt.

87. nfl fan says: Oct 4, 2016 7:33 PM

Work through it like the rest of us and just do your job OBJ, no drama.

As a giants fan that’s waited 15 years for tickets, paid a ridiculous amount of money for PSL’s and continues to pay each year for meaningless pre-season games, I think you take notice.

You’re a great talent, but please loose the attitude and control your emotions. It’s not passion when you cost your team 15 yards, it’s stupidity.

It’s now becoming less desirable to support your ass moving forward unless you can redeem yourself (behavior, not performance).

88. mnvikes1961 says: Oct 4, 2016 7:34 PM

Carl Gerbschmidt says:
    Oct 4, 2016 6:19 PM

___________

They’ll recover just fine on Sunday.

89. wlubake says: Oct 4, 2016 7:38 PM

On OBJ’s hair:

Once, there was this kid who, got into an accident and couldn’t come to school, but when he finally came back, his hair had turned from black into bright white. He said that it was from when the cars had crashed so hard.

90. cav2ya says: Oct 4, 2016 7:40 PM

Sit ups in the Drive Way, and 41 million reasons to live..
    enjoy NY.

91. stevegrogannakedbootleg says: Oct 4, 2016 7:41 PM

nor is Vinny from Bensonhurst

92. bassplucker says: Oct 4, 2016 7:42 PM

Best case – Brandon Marshall

Worst case – Titus Young

In any event this dude better be banking all that endorsement money cause if this keeps up his well is gonna run dry unbelievably fast.

93. painsyndicate says: Oct 4, 2016 7:45 PM

Rhodes closed. It can have lasting effects on you.

94. sweetnlow44 says: Oct 4, 2016 8:00 PM

You’re not having fun? That’s weird, we couldn’t tell. We must have missed any subtle signals that might have tipped us off.

95. buckstalion12965 says: Oct 4, 2016 8:00 PM

Then take your ball and go home.

96. skolvikes says: Oct 4, 2016 8:17 PM

Rhodes will do that to receivers, ask Kelvin Benjamin.

After missing the first 2 games, he’s sporting a 0.0 QB rating against right now, 23 yards allowed in 2 games against 2 of the best in the league on 10 targets with an INT.

Let’s also drop the narrative about limited targets. OBJ was targeted 9 times last night.

97. chris1cat says: Oct 4, 2016 8:26 PM

Rhodes made us Vikings fans happy though.

98. suttysite says: Oct 4, 2016 8:43 PM

Say what you will about Josh Norman but he wrote the script on getting in OBJs head

99. officialgame says: Oct 4, 2016 8:50 PM

There is only one thing worse then a diva, a declining diva. At least Odell is still young so they will put up for him at least until his new contract comes up and he wants to be more then a QB.

100. briang123 says: Oct 4, 2016 8:57 PM

A problem that no one talks about is how many easy catches he doesn’t make. I think that highlight catch we all know and have seen has become a burden on him. Since I’m an Eagles fan, his problems don’t concern me and I don’t care if he fixes them or not.

101. davedsone says: Oct 4, 2016 9:11 PM

smarterthanyouoryours says:
    Oct 4, 2016 6:14 PM
    He must be a Patriots’ fan considering how much he whines.

________________________________________

PLEASE go look up the definition of irony. You whining about Patriots fans in a totally non related story certainly applies. You aren’t living up to your name, sir.

102. silverhat78 says: Oct 4, 2016 9:39 PM

If you’re not having fun OBJ, you might want to find another profession then. Alot of people don’t like their jobs, if you can change your profession and be happy, than that is key.

103. TomsulasMustache says: Oct 4, 2016 9:42 PM

He’ll be the next Chris Carter. Screw over his first team, go somewhere else and “mature”. He’ll retire without a ring and teach young kids at the symposium how to be selfish

104. diveleft says: Oct 4, 2016 10:00 PM

Boo hoo

105. footballfan72 says: Oct 4, 2016 10:01 PM

I don’t enjoy driving thousands of miles every week but it puts money in my pocket food on the table and a roof over my head for me and my family. Dude just shut up and as Bill Belicheck has said. Do your job!

106. fennycourtney says: Oct 4, 2016 10:07 PM

this is what kind of people this generation puts out now soft thin skinned sissys with no concept of for the greater good of the team attitude. Next thing you know the nfl is going to have “safe spaces” on the side line for players that get verbally assaulted off the field.

107. jbraider says: Oct 4, 2016 10:10 PM

The Giants need to trade for Jarvis Landry. A friendly face may be just the trick for OBJ, and the Giants could use another quality WR.

108. charger383 says: Oct 4, 2016 10:16 PM

Good I don’t like him, I’m very happy he is not having fun anymore

109. ragnarthemagnificent says: Oct 4, 2016 10:17 PM

It’s ok OBj, Cam wanted to quit after he got whooped by the Vikings too. A couple days with your nookie and a clean diaper and you’ll feel better. I’d say we’ll see you in the playoffs but….

110. skittlesareyum says: Oct 4, 2016 10:19 PM

rpiotr01 says:
    Oct 4, 2016 6:12 PM

————————

As a Packers fan, I was unable to give this anything but a thumbs up. Sigh. At least our run defense is good this year.

111. defscottyb says: Oct 4, 2016 10:19 PM

Guy is a corn ball … waaah waaah waaaaaah.

112. coltluger says: Oct 4, 2016 10:21 PM

Beckham will bring nothing but misery to any team he’s on.

113. burfictisabeast says: Oct 4, 2016 10:22 PM

So glad I took AJ Green over this diva with the second pick in the draft.

114. coltluger says: Oct 4, 2016 10:23 PM

The G-men will rebound Sunday. Weak competition.

115. jfcol says: Oct 4, 2016 10:24 PM

I know now why the Falcons gave up 20 picks for Julio. He’s a beast and a team player.

116. 13worldchampioinships says: Oct 4, 2016 10:27 PM

I wonder if he will fizzle out like Percy Harvin. Great talent but waaaayyyy too dramatic. Percy was actually respectable on the field (if/when he played). 4 other teams will try him out though… and then he will eventually retire.

117. simplec72 says: Oct 4, 2016 10:49 PM

Ohhhhh poor baby. Someone that make over a million dollars a year needs a tissue.

118. rosstuckershair says: Oct 4, 2016 11:18 PM

Wow…It’s like he jounced the new PR firm of Harvin and Owens

119. the610limited says: Oct 4, 2016 11:25 PM

Try Mon-Fri 9 to 5 jobs at a fast-food place, earning $10-12 an hour (maybe). Or any other place earning $17 an hour x 40 hrs before taxes. Man up and/or kwitcherbichen. Wuss….

120. zygizag says: Oct 4, 2016 11:39 PM

I am glad my team dominated. I am glad there were many happy Viking players and fans after the game.

BEYOND THE GAME OF FOOTBALL

I don’t know OBJ, I am not a Giants fan, and I have not followed him closely, (got better things to do) but he worries me. For his sake I hope the team gets him some professional counseling help soon. I don’t want to read some real sad headlines in paper in the future about him. Get the man some help. (Maybe they are already trying to do that quietly.)

121. blackqbwhiterb says: Oct 5, 2016 12:02 AM

Guys like him spent their entire lives being far & away the bedt player on the field, in pop warner, high school, and college. In the NFL, they’re playing against guys who can play at their level for the first time in their lives. It’s much harder than they’re used to. Jamarcus Russell comes to mind.

122. onebuffalove716 says: Oct 5, 2016 12:16 AM

Good lord. As long as he does this crap I’m looking st it like a lesson. When my daughters reach the teenage years I’ll be able to look at every temper tantrum and think back to when I first saw it. Thanks obj.

123. pittsburghdamned says: Oct 5, 2016 12:45 AM

Baby steps Odell.

Let’s start by heading to Supercuts to fix that silly clown hairdo…

124. dougy1970 says: Oct 5, 2016 1:05 AM

ODB deserved every call he got in the Vikes game.

Against the Redskins the prior week, ODB had a long gain when he refused to step out of bounds and instead juked along the sideline…

So, when Rhodes pushes him out-of-bounds slightly late, ODB gets in Rhode’s face for the taunting call.

The next play, ODB chucks Rhodes out-of-bounds after whistle, clearly instigating the collision.

Then, Newman clearly called ODB a “little bitch”. Then, ODB pouted for the rest of the game.

ODB is a princess and NFL DBs and kicking nets all know it. It is only going to get worse.

125. dedxx says: Oct 5, 2016 1:30 AM

OBJ will never be a great receiver and will never live up to his hype because of his drama queen thin skin. Football is a extremely physical sport, but there is that side of the game that us the fans don’t get to see that much of…the mental side. OBJ is a easy nut to crack, he’s a whiney little kid when things don’t go his way. If you get physical with him he will eventually snap or if you start talking you will get under his skin eventually and he’ll loose his cool. After he gets to the breaking point (doesn’t take much) he then snaps causing penalties, making himself and his team look like an ass, or he will just be a disruptive player to his own team. The opposing defense just has to get him riled up and it’s like a twelfth man on the defense, thanks OBJ.
    I went to the Vikings game on Monday night and I seen it first hand. It was like Rhodes had a one bedroom studio apartment in OBJ’s head right between OBJ’s ears. A little chatter, a few hard hits, and “BOOM goes the dynamite” personal foul, unsportsmanlike conduct. Three catches for 23 yards and 0 touchdowns at the end of the night, good job OBJ…you’re awesome. OBJ will make some noise in the NFL, but yards and spectacular catches aside, he’ll never be a Fitzgerald, a Swan, a Ward, a Smith, a Rice, or a Largent. These wide receivers are mentally strong, physically strong, and could take whatever a defense could dish out. A few of them even dished it back and gave opposing defenses a taste of their own medicine. OJB is mentality weak and it will always be his Achilles heel.
    Before I forget, I wonder if OBJ got any sleep Monday night? Between the ringing ears, visions of Xavier Rhodes getting his goat, and that sound…66,000 strong…

“SKOL…BOOM…SKOL…BOOM…SKOL…BOOM!!!”

126. rho1953 says: Oct 5, 2016 2:01 AM

He does have a point about being targeted, the refs let the Vikings get away with cheapshots Monday night.

127. belicheckisgod says: Oct 5, 2016 2:10 AM

What a b****. He’s not having fun anymore making millions to play a kids game. I served 8 years in the Marine Corps and most of it was not “fun”. OBJ is another average player that the league by rule changes have allowed to become a “Superstar”. He’s a freak athlete who has no fundamentals,drive, or discipline. He was made famous by one catch. If anyone has touched the gloves players wear today they would realize why he caught it. I’m not taking away his athletism but without the gloves it’s not a catch. Defensive players have figured out that even with all the rules in his favor if you get physical with him you get in his head. He’s a baby that needs to be stroked.

128. youbettercallsaul says: Oct 5, 2016 2:23 AM

I hope we aren’t about to witness a Titus Young style downward spiral.

129. davemishsr says: Oct 5, 2016 3:10 AM

Instead of whining he should be working on technique & route running. He can’t get by on ability alone and is pissed that he has to put in some work at his profession.

130. zakkwyldeslespaul says: Oct 5, 2016 4:33 AM

The NFL is no longer fun for me OBJ.

131. cosmicredneck81 says: Oct 5, 2016 7:17 AM

He ain’t crazy he’s a millennial!

132. namriverrat69 says: Oct 5, 2016 7:40 AM

Funny how much fun it was when he got by on talent alone. It didn’t take too long for defenses to figure him out.

Now he has to learn to work for a living and it may not be worth the effort to him. What a sad sorry person if he flames out this easily. I hope he finds the heart to work and develop his talent.

133. fmc651 says: Oct 5, 2016 8:10 AM

Just like when he was getting way too much attention for his one catch . He will now get too many people piling on him about his childish behavior on the field. He needs to stop the tantrums on the field. BSPN will continue their agenda that amounts to nothing more than another rant against his poor behavior. When their over the top coverage of him helped cause his attitude.Stop covering this guy so much. He is a good player but certainly no Antonio Brown.

134. idurenn says: Oct 5, 2016 8:30 AM

This is something I witnessed @ a 6th grade basketball tournament. A better player for one of the teams was losing, and was not getting the ball as much as he’d have liked. He lost his mind at the end of one of the games and started crying and yelling. His exact words “It’s not that we’re losing, I’m just not having fun anymore!” when his mom was trying to calm him down.

A 6th grader. Odell is acting like a 6th grader that’s losing and not getting the ball ever single time. 6th. Grade.

135. richndc says: Oct 5, 2016 9:19 AM

OBJ has learned the lesson as many before him. They build you up as fast as they can, once they see YOU start buying this myth they made, they cannot tear it down fast enough. Next up–Carson Wentz. He might be smart enough NOT to date Jessica Simpson, appear at a bunch of celeb events–but if he aint, he WILL be next.

136. hukdeep says: Oct 5, 2016 9:51 AM

He has beautiful hair tho…

137. macjacmccoy says: Oct 5, 2016 10:28 AM

What do the Packers, Broncos, Broncos, Rams, Ravens, Patriots, Patriots, Patriots, Steelers, Colts, Giants, Steelers, Saints, Packers, Giants, Ravens, Seahawks, Patriots, and Broncos have in common? They are 19 of the last 20 teams to win a Superbowl and not one of them had a diva wide receiver on their roster at the time. Yeah some of them had great wrs but they weren’t the diva kind. Santonio Holmes became a diva after the Steelers won there Superbowl, but during that run he was nothing of the sort.

The only Diva WR to win a Superbowl in the last 20 years was Keyshawn Johnson. And even then it was that defense that won the superbowl for the Bucs not him. Really as far as I can think back the only Diva wrs to ever win a Superbowl were Keyshawn and Michael Irvin.

So in all honesty if I’m a team like the Giants I give him the rest of the season to become a professional. If he cant get under control by then. They gotta find a way to get as much as they can for him and move on.

138. silvernblacksabbath says: Oct 5, 2016 10:48 AM

Becky Junebug is sensitive. lol

WRs are such divas… Its disgusting…

139. moezilla says: Oct 5, 2016 10:55 AM

wlubake says:
    Oct 4, 2016 7:38 PM
    On OBJ’s hair:

———————————————————————
    If only he had the calm demeanor of a crash test dummy!

140. 13worldchampioinships says: Oct 5, 2016 11:03 AM

rho1953 says:
    Oct 5, 2016 2:01 AM

There was one noted cheap shot they should have called on Rhodes…but they let OBJ get away with a cheap OPI on that same play Rhodes hit him out of bounds. So its a wash.

141. macjacmccoy says: Oct 5, 2016 11:09 AM

psubeerman21 says:
    Oct 4, 2016 6:33 PM

Yeah no one doubted RG3 or Ryan Howard’s talent either, but then NFL teams figured out if you hit Griffin and took away his ability to take off an run, he no longer was capable producing anywhere near like he once did. Ryan Howard was arguably the best player in baseball for 3-4 years, but then teams pretty much reinvented the shift specifically to beat Ryan Howard while also learning he couldn’t lay off the low outside breaking ball, which turned him from the most dangerous player in baseball to the most overpaid.

Both of those players were at the top their sports and in less than a year their careers completely reversed.

So yeah no one was doubting Beckhams ability his first year and a half in the league, but teams started playing him differently at the end of last year and not only has he not produced anywhere near the same level on the field but he has also shown that he has been mentally broken down too.

142. nard100 says: Oct 5, 2016 11:32 AM

As a Giants fan this is painful to watch. One the one hand, you can see the refs letting things go like being carried across the end zone and dropped and late hits out of bounds. On the other side, you know the kid has to man-up and take his lumps like everyone else.

143. macjacmccoy says: Oct 5, 2016 11:54 AM

fennycourtney says:
    Oct 4, 2016 10:07 PM

To be fair this Generation didn’t raise themselves. It’s the Generation X’ers, the MTV generation, who told there kids what special little flowers they were, and gave them trophies and rewards just for showing up. It’s no wonder millennials turned out like they did. They were raised by a generation that only cared about self indulgence. That had no major conflicts or struggles. Easy access to high paying jobs, luxuries, and pretty much a guarantee of home ownership. They were in their teens and 20’s in the late 70s to early 90’s. Which was probably the easiest time to grow into an adult in American history.

I thank God my Dad was a normal blue collar construction worker who was born at the very beginning of that generation and still held a lot of the good values of the baby boomers. I wasn’t raised like a typical millennial. Which is probably the greatest thing that my parents ever did for me.

144. Mad Chef says: Oct 5, 2016 1:50 PM

rodgerstonelson says:
    Oct 4, 2016 7:06 PM
    ///////////////////////////////////////////////////

And the thing is that Xavier Rhodes is probably one the most gentlemenly DB’s he will ever face and he still went off the rails. All a DB has to do is play him close and prevent him from catching a couple of balls and he starts his antics. Good luck with that Giants

145. whathaveyou55 says: Oct 5, 2016 2:23 PM

“The league has plenty of self-centered egomaniacs. He’s just another. Why give this guy press? Move on. Next man up.”

He gets the press because he made ONE amazing play ONCE, and because he did it while wearing a jersey of a NEW YORK team. Even though the media game has changed immensely over the last 20 years, it’s still true that if you play for a NEW YORK team or nearby, you get the ink/attention, no matter how much better the other guys may be.

(NYC native here)

146. whathaveyou55 says: Oct 5, 2016 2:32 PM

“Wow…It’s like he jounced the new PR firm of Harvin and Owens”

TO at least was a tough, tough guy. He was a pain in the butt, his antics wore thin, but he’d take a shot from a DB or linebacker and just come back for more. He produced AND acted out. He got into the heads of opponents, not vice versa.

The year he and Chad Johnson/Ochocinco/Whatever were teammates here in Cincinnati was epic. Two megadivas on a team going nowhere that year.

147. whathaveyou55 says: Oct 5, 2016 2:39 PM

“Get traded to my Patriots OBJ, you’ll have a blast and be a SB champion in no time, do the smaht thing!”

Yeah, that worked out so well for Chad Johnson/Ochocinco. I loathe Belichick, but he doesn’t put up with diva BS unless it comes from Hollywood’s Quarterback, who has earned the right.

148. youbettercallsaul says: Oct 7, 2016 11:55 AM

It’s a shame that the giants and seahawks don’t play this year. One could only imagine Sherman woofing in Odell’s ear all game and he’d have him curled into the fetal position on the sideline. Heck he’d see Sherman in his sleep.

149. ocgunslinger says: Oct 8, 2016 6:08 PM

*****************************

Spot on comment. I’m a Season ticket holding Fan since 1960. The worst ever NFL product is what is on the field now and i’m not talking about the players and coaches. Fish rot from the head down NFL. I have found other things to do on Sunday afternoons, Monday and Thursday evenings as well. (I won’t watch the WWE as well). Can’t see much difference with the collusion between the owners and the “Shield” both taking the advantage of the players. Greed & stupidity is killing the game.

150. billmiller1991 says: Oct 10, 2016 9:18 AM

Maybe he’d have more fun delivering pizzas for $8/hour and tips.

151. switchwitch59 says: Oct 10, 2016 1:24 PM

coltluger says:
    Oct 4, 2016 10:23 PM

The G-men will rebound Sunday. Weak competition.
    ————————————