Tom Brady: I’m just focused on the present

Getty Images

Quarterback Tom Brady is back with the Patriots and on track to make his 2016 regular season debut against the Browns this weekend.

During a Monday night interview with Jim Gray on Westwood One, Brady said it was great to be back in the building with the team and that he’s excited to get back to practicing while doing his best to keep the conversation moving away from issues having to do with Deflategate.

“I’m not really looking to reflect at this point,” Brady said. “I’ve put that in the rearview mirror when I decided a while ago. I am looking forward to playing and doing what I love to do and being out there with my teammates who have done such a great job and I want to do a great job for them. I’m just focused on the present and focused on this week. That is what I am going to be all season long, it served me well in the past and hopefully it serves me well this week.”

Brady’s vow to keep his focus on the here and now extended to his answer about whether he’d be using the suspension as motivation over the rest of the season.

There are no shortage of people who believe that Brady and the Patriots will be looking to put the hammer down on the rest of the league in response to the suspension and overall Deflategate punishments. That tends to be their approach under any circumstances, though, so the Browns should probably be bracing for a big shot from New England regardless of what’s motivating them to go for a big number.

214 responses to “Tom Brady: I’m just focused on the present

1. “I put that in the rearview mirror, at the same time I ripped the NFL sticker off my helmet.”

2. ESPN had on their crawler last night every five minutes: “Belichkick says Patriots taking Brady day-by-day”. Geez, thanks for the great information!

3. Dear Roger: Thank you for keeping Tom safe during an injury filled first four weeks so he could return to a 3-1 team in first place in the same division where your Jets are bringing up the rear. Have a nice day.

4. .
    After just coming off a home shutout loss, it highly unlikely that anyone inside the Patriots building is talking about running up the score. I’d think that Belichick’s lecture to the team today would center around, “What is a first down, and how can we achieve one. ”

5. Tom Brady looks for anything to get himself motivate. This one is right up there with getting picked 199th in the draft. He’s out for blood and he’s a great leader. For all intents and purposes, this coming Sunday is opening day for the Patriots as we know them the past 15 years. There are two huge road games at Pittsburgh and Denver. That will decide the season.

6. Now that Tom has payed for his crime and did the time, he should get a fresh start and enjoy all the respect that Peyton Manning got from everyone. Tom will turn out to be the best QB in history and is not a system QB.
    He doesnt admit it but is probably filled with revenge on those that get in the way of his goals. WELCOME BACK CHAMP

7. “I was motivated 17 years ago and I am motivated today,” Brady said. “I’m motivated to win for my teammates. I am motivated to go out there and represent our city well.”
    __________________________________________

I love it. Still carries that chip on his shoulder from being drafted 199th and rising to become the greatest QB of all time. He was not some pampered college player with a pre-paved path to the NFL. Just old school work ethic and team mentality. That, my friends, is why Brady continues to win. Especially at the ripe old age of 39. That is also why some people don’t like him. Classic case of jealously breeding contempt.

8. Remember what the Bills did to your team while you watch powerless to change the outcome, fear the Rex !!!

Go Bills !!

9. Read “The Four Agreements”. He’s not wasting his time with revenge, or anger. He put it away, he just wants to play. And the NFL may have seriously screwed up by giving him a glimpse of what retirement will be like, if he had any doubts before they are gone after being forced to be a spectator for a month.

I don’t follow the four agreements, so screw you, Roger, and the revenge tour is ON.

10. I love the people saying get used to life without Brady. If life without Brady is 3 wins for every loss I’ll take that. Buffalo played better than us but we see them again. Do the patriots have the top 3 QB’s in the afc east? Obviously not I don’t know why after jacoby threw for 100 yards you guys took that seriously. Understand he is a rookie making his 2nd start and will get better as will the whole team. Belicheck coached teams get better as the year goes along that’s the difference between the patriots and the rest of the east.

11. Brady taking the high road as expected. This is the type of guy I wish my mother didn’t know about, because I must be such a disappointment by comparison.

12. I’m not going to predict the “scorched earth” revenge tour or anything like that, but the Patriots will do what they do and finish the year 12-4 or 13-3, and if they’re healthy going into the postseason (especially Gronk), they’ll have as good a chance as anybody for a 5th title.

Here’s hoping for health and home field. Losing to Miami and being forced to go to Denver last year was devastating. That home-field advantage they have there should be illegal, but it is what it is.

13. “i am deeply motivated to find new and previously unknown ways to lie, cheat and steal my way to even greater nfl glory” T.B.

14. Peyton had a huge drop off at age 39. The mind was willing but the body was weak. Will the same hold true for Tom?

15. Bet the browns get the win this weekend. Everyone so focused on this is huge for Brady blah blah blah. Then again, bless their hearts, it is the Browns. I have to poop

16. “I’m not really looking to reflect at this point. I’ve put that in the rear view mirror.”

– Brady waxes very McGwire-esque

A: “I don’t want to talk about the past, I only want to talk about the future”

Q: What is ‘famous last words by cheaters’ for $500, Alex…

17. “I am motivated to go out there and represent our city well”

…guess you have to start somewhere…clean football without cheating starts today!

18. sguy2130 says:
    Oct 4, 2016 9:14 AM
    “I am motivated to go out there and represent our city well”

——————-
    That’s asking a lot from a lifetime cheater.

19. We’re on to our next scam. We will find whatever rules we can manipulate and abuse until we are exposed.

20. Hopefully his time suspended for cheating has taught him a lesson. I believe he can learn and grow from it and begin to repair his tattered image.

21. This guy is a winner on legendary levels. When that’s what you are, you have mindless, angry detractors on the other side (we know–chronic losing is painful), and they’ll remain angry as long as he plays.

Good.

22. With Goodell colluding with some owners to commit consumer fraud, lying 56 times in a report that is sold as “independent”, and reading the damning information the Pats released, exposing Goodell’s corruption, I would say Brady and the Pats will be on a mission from here on out.

There’s unfinished business and cheating my team by stealing draft pick$ for parity purpo$e$, will go down in history as the only time a commissioner cheated a team to try to tip the competitive balance.

Wait until these guys retire and further expose Goodell.

Of course, Goodell may be in jail by then.

23. jjackwagon says:
    Oct 4, 2016 9:03 AM

—-
    Sure it will happen sometime but no reason to think that is about to happen soon. His arm strength is all there last season and in preseason. He is getting the very best in care and nutrition. Dude is a freak of nature.

He will be just fine 🙂

Funny how Brady said Peyton had 2 seasons left in his emails. He was wrong, as it turned out Peyton really only had 1. Heh.

24. So happy you’re back Tom, we missed you so much!
    Please do not put us in this position again by breaking rules, all is forgiven. Be smahter!
    We won’t lose again in 2016, that’s for sure!
    #oneforthethumb

25. Sys-tom Brady! He stinks. All his accomplishments come with an asterisk!!!

Sure lets discuss his asterisk. 🙂

Brady*

*Winningest postseason QB of all time, soon to be winningest QB of all time period despite having 4 games taken away from him due to a completely fabricated phony cheating scandal invented by the league because that meanie and his meanie team wins too much and it’s not fair!1!1!!, 3 time Super Bowl MVP, 2 time league MVP, soon to be a winner of more Super Bowls than any QB in history, holder of many NFL passing records and soon to be holder of even more

I think that covers most of it. 🙂

26. The Patriots don’t need Brady to get shut out at home and also miss the playoffs after going nearly undefeated the previous season.

Therefore it’s the system and he’s s system QB.

Discuss.

🙂

27. Tee hee 🙂 Look at Wussies get all scared 😥 😥 😥 at the name Tom Brady!

Hilarious!

😀

28. The Tom Brady revenge tour is just another media creation. Brady is motivated by the game, not the idiots who now run it. Unfortunately the media will use this meme every time the Pats win, (and there will be a lot of them).

The end result, much to Roger’s dismay, will be seeing the Pats ending the regular season as one of top teams in the league, and if they are relatively healthy, they will be one of the favorites to win it all.

29. terripet says:
    Oct 4, 2016 10:12 AM
    Watch Brady get hurt by Cleveland here comes jimmy again

Patriots 3-1 alone in first place

Your Colts 1-3 last place

30. It is important to live in the now. Don’t focus on how you used to cheat.

Focus on how you are cheating now.

Otherwise you might get caught again

31. myspaceyourface says:
    Oct 4, 2016 9:34 AM

4 12
    ————————————
    Not for nothing, finding ways to work loopholes in the rules is brilliant strategy and gamesmanship. Say what you want about SpyGate (as long as your facts are straight, anyone with a brain who actually reads beyond headlines can see DeflateGate was a sham, but stuff like the ineligible/eligible receiver thing vs Baltimore in the playoffs isn’t at all cheating, that was masterful coaching. Don’t be mad because some other team figured it out and yours didn’t. I’d tell you that was brilliant if I was a Ravens fan. Knowing the rules inside and out, and better than your opponent, is in no way, shape, or form “cheating.”

32. If Brady plays without Gronk then Cleveland doesn’t have much to worry about. If Brady and Gronk plays then Cleveland will have a long day.

Brady – Gronk = avg qb
    Source: last 3 years of Brady’s career

33. skoobyfl says:
    Oct 4, 2016 8:45 AM
    Go Bills !!

——————-

When will Rex, the Bills and Bills fans realize that the Patriots are not the only other team in the league. Beating the Patriots once or even twice is barely relevant if you can win 10 games on the season.

Can they go out this week and win at LA? Can they win @Miami in a few weeks. That’s the real question.

Otherwise, the Patriots will be the last team standing in the division and the Bills will miss the playoffs again.

Celebrating one win against a division team is a joke. The Patriots go 4-2 most years. They lose division games every year.

34. Welcome back Tom.

172 – 51 – 77.13%

22 – 9 – 70.97%

194 – 60 – 76.38%

———————————-

186 – 172 = 14

200 – 194 = 6

———————————-

G.O.A.T.

———————————-

All I see is Goodell has put off the inevitable for one more season.

35. gem says:
    Oct 4, 2016 8:41 AM

##################################

What crime did Brady commit? The only criminals I’ve seen are certain NFL Owners, Roger Goodell, and all of the Jests minions working at Park Avenue!

36. Vikings Have 18 Division Championships says:
    Oct 4, 2016 8:20 AM

And how many NFC North Crowns does Brady have? ZERO.
    #################################

What does that have to do with the AFC East?

37. jchipwood says:
    Oct 4, 2016 10:22 AM
    Brady – Gronk = avg qb
    Source: last 3 years of Brady’s career

—————

If Brady and Gronk weren’t playing they would still be a 3-1 team facing a 0-4 team and CLE would still be worried

38. Brady can get back to the boos starting in Cleveland Sunday. Hasn’t been booed in an NFL stadium since Santa Clara last February when past SB MVPs were being “celebrated”. He got louder boos than Ray Lewis!
    Mt Rushmore of most hated NFL players will all be on the field this week. TeeHee😊

39. shadywarrior says:
    Oct 4, 2016 10:20 AM

myspaceyourface says:
    Oct 4, 2016 9:34 AM

4 12
    ————————————
    —————–
    Sound like a lawyer, explaining why his client “technically” did nothing wrong. The non-Pat fans all disagree, remember just because you can do something doesn’t mean you should…something to be said about honesty and morals!!!

40. myspaceyourface says:
    Oct 4, 2016 9:34 AM

———-

More like “We will beat your team senseless”

41. Lol did a dolphins fan really say Brady couldnt beat Cleveland without Gronk? Just because Kessler outplayed Tannehill and had his first career win stolen doesnt mean Brady is overrated.

42. steelerfanjo says:
    Oct 4, 2016 10:41 AM
    Brady is the biggest media creation ever. Guy is totally unlikeable.

0 0
    —————————————-
    Pretty sure that’s Peyton Manning you’re thinking of. Guy dropped his beans on a female trainer’s head in college, had HGH mailed to his home in his wife’s name (which I don’t even care about, but still), and subsequently had goons pose as cops and show up to Charlie Sly’s house, yet all that is swept under the rug in a week or less, because a pizza chain, are car company, and an insurance company that pay the league ad money have him as their face. Meanwhile Brady got railroaded for something they have no concrete evidence of, and the league changed the whole reasoning for the suspension in the middle of the appeal, since the original reason was flimsy as all hell. Even if you’re an idiot and think Brady had some nefarious ball deflation scheme, you can’t argue that’s worse than outright sexual assault. Peyton was practically coronated as the GOAT before he took his first NFL snap, and in fairness, he lived up to at least some of the hype, but he can’t be in the conversation for GOAT at this point, it’s over. But flyover state yokels relate better to his “aw shucks” Southern persona, while up here in places that actually matter in life, a guy like Brady sells much better. Brady made his own fame, Peyton’s wasn’t earned in the League, he was given it, and just managed not to lose it. It’s just easier to attack the prettyboy than the Everyman.

43. blessedunliketherest says:

————————————————–

His skill set is not the reason people don’t like him. Most knowledgeable fans actually appreciate his skill and work ethic. It’s the “other stuff” ya know?

44. crewchief15 says:
    Oct 4, 2016 10:51 AM
    shadywarrior says:
    Oct 4, 2016 10:20 AM

myspaceyourface says:
    Oct 4, 2016 9:34 AM

4 12
    ————————————
    —————–

0 1
    ———————————————-
    That’s maybe the most soft, Middle American, orange-slices-at-halftime, frosty-chocolate-milkshakes-after-the-game-win-or-lose mentality I’ve ever heard. Not even sure how to respond to that.

45. crewchief15 says:
    Oct 4, 2016 10:51 AM
    shadywarrior says:
    Oct 4, 2016 10:20 AM

myspaceyourface says:
    Oct 4, 2016 9:34 AM

4 12
    ————————————
    —————–

The problem with only “non-pats fans” if you think Brady “cheated”
    If you JE cheated , cheated means he gained a competitive advantage

Remember the offseason 2 years ago? Every “non patriots fan”
    Said Brady wouldn’t be able to throw a properly inflated ball and the Patriots would fumble more.

Non of that happened.
    Brady led the NFL it TDS last season and was in the top 4 in every major passing category

And the Patriots were still at the top of the league in fewest fumbles

What more proof is needed than the actual play/results on the field?

46. skoobyfl says:
    Oct 4, 2016 8:45 AM

Go Bills !!

What are you doing? You were gifted a 3rd stringer with his throwing hand all taped up. Try not to get TOO excited, think before you type.

47. Well at least Brissette didn’t get embarrassed as bad as Brady was against Kansas City in 2014. It just goes to show that this system adjusts and doesn’t make the same mistake twice. Brady is very lucky to have a chance to play in this great system.

48. billsbackto81 says:
    Oct 4, 2016 11:07 AM
    blessedunliketherest says:

————————————————–

That’s crap and you know it.

If Brady became the QB of the Bills or Dolphins those same fans who calll him “cheater , baby or whatever else would be the first ones in line for a Brady jersey and cheering there a$$’S off!

49. tylawspick6 says:
    Oct 4, 2016 8:48 AM
    The GOAT ready to return to join the other GOAT and run that table.
    ——-

Can we put the GOAT joke to bed. He’s not the GOAT, nobody outside of Boston thinks he’s the GOAT.

50. Ease up, Patriot fans. We all heard the same thing last year…how they would go undefeated and be handed the trophy from Goodell. The season ended with Brady choking and getting picked off in the endzone. With the Broncos already a game up and having a better offense than last year there’s no reason to think this year will be any different.

51. Good thing the Pats are on the road this week. Now the “die hard” Pat fans can’t relentlessly boo their team and bolt for the exists midway thru the 4th quarter like they did on Sunday as the bills we’re dismantling the cheaters.

4 *s

52. Before the game: ” We’ll destroy your team with the water boy at QB.

After the game: “WOW” Big deal!! You beat a 3rd string QB with an injured thumb. There’s your Super Bowl.

Which one is it Pats fans? I know your used to getting you way but you can’t have it both ways on this one. Wah……

53. patsfan4lifesbchamps says:
    Oct 4, 2016 11:32 AM

———-

You’re right–that system adjusted perfectly to win Super Bowl #4 in the Brady era, with Brady himself leading a great comeback against the very worthy Seahawks that year.

What a great, great system. People should, one day real soon, try to copy it or something, and then insert any old QB in it.

54. patsfan4lifesbchamps says:
    Oct 4, 2016 11:32 AM

———
    Why can’t your team’s system adjust? Why have they not sniffed a SB since 1968?

55. Poor buffalo fans, so little to cheer about that they get excited when they beat a THIRD string rookie with an injured hand! It would be a different story if they beat the GOAT. As an NFL commentator ,from the NFL network ,said so well yesterday on WEEI, in New England the coaches get excited over a championship, in Buffalo the coaches get excited when they beat New England!

56. steelerfanjo says:
    Oct 4, 2016 10:41 AM
    Brady is the biggest media creation ever. Guy is totally unlikeable.

————-

Not liking someone because you are jealous of them isn’t the same as a person being unlikeable.

Kim Kardashian is a media creation. Brady has won 4 Super Bowls. He is just good.

57. spillertime21 says:
    Oct 4, 2016 11:49 AM

———–

You know how this ends right? The same way it always does for the Bills.

58. mrmcdougle says:
    Oct 4, 2016 11:47 AM
    tylawspick6 says:
    Oct 4, 2016 8:48 AM
    The GOAT ready to return to join the other GOAT and run that table.
    ——-

——-

Actually many think he is the greatest QB of all time. Not just people from Boston or Patriot fans. So that’s pretty wrong. Montana is the only player who you could argue is better. Manning is one of the greats for sure, but not quite Brady.

Is the greatest football player all time? No. I would go Brown, Rice, Walter, LT then Brady.

59. This is why Brady is so good. He obviously doesn’t have the best arm or legs in the league, but he just leaves all the noise behind and focuses on what he can control and how he can get the best performance out of himself and his teammates. The mental game is his greatest asset, especially as his physical skills age.

60. I’ve looked thru all these comments from the haters trying to pick out the funniest, the dumbest, the nastiest, etc. but they’re all tied for #1.

So I’ll just have to pick the last one to stand for the rest.

Spillertime21:

1) Work on your spelling

2) To quote the great Ann Landers –

You have a point, but if you keep your hat on maybe no one will notice.

Mark this date – October 30.

61. spillertime21 says:
    Oct 4, 2016 11:49 AM

You get dismantled by the Bills in your house you deserve to get boo’d. Losing is one thing but that effort was unacceptable.

62. spillertime21 says:
    Oct 4, 2016 11:49 AM

………..

Wrong. Its going to be a borderline home game for the Pats in Cleveland. Sox are also in Cleveland that day and of course, TB 12 is back. There will be fans who try to fit in both games. There will be a very significant New England presence at the Cleveland game.

63. nookers says:
    Oct 4, 2016 11:10 AM
    These are the kind of games that Brady puts up stinkers.

———-

I was thinking about that too, but I just think Cleveland are too bad. Brady might make a mistake or two but it should be fine.

64. Is it possible that if Jimmy G. didn’t get hurt this discussion might have a different theme?

It’s nice that TB12 is back and probably as good as ever but based on the game and a half that we got to see Jimmy G play, just think if it had been 4 games and he continued to play at the same level that he did in the first half of the Dolphins game. It’s a maddening tease and I hope JG gets another opportunity to show his stuff. I also think it would be a perfect demonstration of how the Patriots organization develops players and coaches at another level. Unfortunately for those that insist that the Pats incorporate unethical and underhanded practices into their game plans, it would just shoot another hole into the whiners arguments that the team and organization can’t be this good every year. Well just maybe they can be.

65. mrmcdougle says:
    Oct 4, 2016 11:47 AM
    tylawspick6 says:
    Oct 4, 2016 8:48 AM
    The GOAT ready to return to join the other GOAT and run that table.
    ——-

———–
    Google says you’re wrong. Try to find a list that doesnt have Brady way up there, I couldn’t. To save you time,dont check all the major sports sites lists because I already did. They dont agree with you so you should probably not speak for anybody but you…You dont think he’s the GOAT, that’s fine. You are in the minority is all.

66. George Blanda retired at 48. Sonny Jurgensen won the passing title at 40. That’s more what Brady is going for. There is no magic age of decline for pure passer type QBs. We know it’s sometime soon but it could still be 5 years.

67. Give Buffalo their due…..they won their SB last weekend. They can fade back into mediocrity now and by early December start preparing for the draft as they will be mathematically eliminated from the playoffs…..

68. 1historian:

When in doubt, blame the other guys auto correct.

I posted that last one from my cell. Maybe i should destroy it like the Greatest cheat of all time did.

69. manureman says:
    Oct 4, 2016 12:18 PM
    I thought Tom was going to give us his side of the story after all the lawyers were out of it, guess not Brady=COWARD!!!!
    _________________________________________
    I’d agree with that if the NFL released the PSI readings they recorded last year…..
    I can understand Brady wanting to put this behind him & move forward especially after dropping his appeal….
    WHAT EXCUSE CAN THE NFL LEAGUE OFGICE HAVE FOR NOT RELEASING THE INFO THEY COLLECTED?

70. sportschatterdotco says:
    Oct 4, 2016 12:18 PM

Actually he is right, brady is not the GOAT, and no one outside of boston thinks so. Is he high on most lists? yes. Why? because of four titles. But Matt Cassell, Jimmy Garopolo and even Jacoby Brissett has proved that its not the QB, its the SYSTEM. SO far this year Jimmy and Jacoby’s combined completion percentage is 66.5 (that ranks 10th in the NFL right now), and they have 0 interceptions combined. Now if a 2nd string- and 3rd string ROOKIE can post numbers like that then id say any start in the NFL can put up solid numbers. Tom brady is great………….at throwing screens and slants (if you know the nfl u know these are referred to as ‘high percentage passes’ because they are EASY and ANYONE can make them). Looks at YAC yards- its not tom getting those yards, its the receivers after the catch. Thats like giving tom brady credit for a Blount 50 yd run b/c tom is the one who handed him the ball- any qb can do that.

71. nhpats says:
    Oct 4, 2016 12:25 PM

The bills are 1 game out of first in the division. And regardless of who the Pats had out on offense, their defense still let up 16 points against a buffalo team who’s best offensive weapon was out. Oh and the bills havent had Marcell Dareus or their first round pick Shaq Lawson on defense……. so shutting out NE no matter who was at QB with two of their best defensive players is nothing to snub.

72. Any discussion of GOAT has to take into consideration the coaching. Montana and Brady had the 2 greatest coaches of our generation. Manning had Dungy, a borderline HOFer and Fox, Kubiak and Caldwell, all of whom have been fired in the last 5 years. Dungy isn’t in the same league as Belichik or Walsh and Fox, Caldwell and Kubiak aren’t even in Dungy’s league.

73. The fans of this team are the absolute worst the league has ever seen. That cannot be debated.

74. First of all, Fox is not a “borderline Hall of Famer”…Good lord.

DUngy also should not be in the HOF.

Worst coach ever in the HOF. I am still shocked he is in there.

Could not get a loaded TB team to a SB and then proceeed to be a god awful defensive minded coach for Indy for close to a decade.

Just preposterous.

75. People need to make like Larry David and curb your enthusiasm. While I doubt Brad’s cliff is coming this year, it could. He is 39 and regardless of how well he looks and takes care of himself, Father Time is undefeated. Not hatin’, just putting some perspective out there…

76. Will this be the Revenge Tour 2? The last one didn’t pan out

————–

Umm, if they’re healthy like in 2014, YES.

Putting out their B Squads in 2013 and 2015 makes things a tad difficult.

77. The Patriots are like Alabama of the NFL. You plug in anyone at QB and you don’t miss a beat. Think about the QBs that won championships with Alabama under Saban, McElroy, McCaron, Coker?? They even made the playoffs with a RB playing QB, Blake Simms. It just goes to show you what a great system can do to a QB’s stats. It’s time people appreciate a great system when they see one because great systems don’t last forever.

78. las0023 says:
    Oct 4, 2016 12:36 PM

Agreed. And you have to look at what they do for their team. Tom takes 2 step drops, no footwork needed, he doesn’t read through progressions, he isn’t making difficult throws. He lives off of screens and slants (like a high school offense), the only time the ball flies more than 10 yds in the air is to Gronk up the middle. The ONLY year brady aired it out was when he had arguably the greatest deep ball receiver in the history of the NFL- Randy Moss, who made Culpepper look like a stud lol. When Brady goes down the backup wins them 11 games, Manning goes does and the team wins 3 games. That tells you who is replaceable and who is not and who is more important to their team.

79. footballfanatic says:
    Oct 4, 2016 12:32 PM

sportschatterdotco says:
    Oct 4, 2016 12:18 PM

………….

Except that Belichick is only 21-19 without Brady starting for the Pats and has exactly zero Pats playoff appearances.

And ’08 Cassel had almost the exact same team as Brady did in ’07 and yet only threw for 22Tds-11INTS and went 11-5 compared to Brady’s 50Tds-8INTS and 16-0. But yea, they were basically the same player.

80. Brady is back…. The Pats will go back to being one of the most dominant teams in football once again….
    All this “SYSTEM TALK” is just stupid & makes absolutely no sense at all….EVERY TEAM HAS SOME TYPE OF SYSTEM IN PLACE…EVERYONE!!!
    The KEY is do they have players that can actually EXECUTE in that system so it’s successful & translates into winning….
    Brady has a great football mind… An unparalleled desire to compete & be the best that he can be at his position… He holds himself & those he plays with accountable & doesn’t make excuses…Brady takes great personal care of his body year round to be at optimal performance & knows that it’s a blessing to be where he’s at in life on so many levels… He has a fire inside him that burns greater than most & his teammates feed off of that & don’t want to let him or their other teammates down….if that doesn’t SCREAM LEADERSHIP THAN NOTHING DOES…..I get the jealousy & envy, I really do… But to be witness to something truly great & not embrace it for what it truly is, is just sad for those whom may never see it again on the football field
    I for one feel truly blessed & even more fortunate that he happens to play for my favorite TEAM, the New England Patriots!!!
    GO PATS & WELCOME BACK TB12

81. …Anyone can have almost 60,000 career yards….anyone can throw for 400-500 career tds….anyone can win 4 Super Bowls and counting….anyone can help his team get to 10 AFC title games….

Just thought I’d continue the popular “anyone” argument that the cementheads like to post here.

82. nhpats says:
    Oct 4, 2016 12:25 PM

……

The Bills best weapon is McCoy, who played. Sammy Watkins is ALWAYS out.

And the Pats didn’t have Brady and Gronk was barely involved as they are taking it slow with him. Also Hightower was out on the Pats D who is one of their best players.

The Pats had some bad turnovers and couldn’t convert on 3rd down (they were 2 for 12 on the day) because their playbook was limited. Add to that their 3rd string QB who was starting, was hurt as well.

83. Honestly, it just never ceases to amaze me, the lengths the Hate Squad go to to discredit the Pats. Hackneyed cheating arguments and accusations. Then Belichick is nothing without Brady. Then Brady is out and they still win, and suddenly Brady is a system QB who owes all his success to Belichick. Then they get their lunch money taken at home by Buffalo with a 3rd string QB at the helm, and now it’s back to the old arguments. What do these guys need to do to just say “wow, that organization knows how to do it”, is that so agonizing? If they win another SB this year, they’ll come up with something else. I just can’t even imagine be that fascinated with some other team I don’t root for, I just have better things to do than try to tear them down. Sweet life, bros👍

84. Why is it that every single column that associates anything to do with the Patriots we see 100+ comments in the thread? Same exact people who show their distaste for one franchise on every single column every single day. Do you guys get bored or are you hired by PFT to spew continuous mindless rhetoric to boost the comment section? Bills win a game at foxboro congrats. We will see who the better team is at the end of the year. Jets can’t win even if they had the winning power ball ticket. Miami, same dumpster fire team year in and year out. These 3 teams i just mentioned don’t deserve their own columns for anyone to go there and speak about anything to do with them, hence why we see the fans of these teams come here and spout negative hyperbole rhetoric about an opposing team such as the Patriots. It’s quite fascinating actually. The jealousy is astounding and very profound.

85. las0023 says:
    Oct 4, 2016 12:36 PM

……….

Tom Brady doesn’t make any reads on defenses or go thru progressions? That is preposterous. He had a bad OLine last year and still led the NFL in TD passes and TD-INT ratio. Reading the defense at the line of scrimmage and getting rid of the ball to the correct receiver is not something every QB can do, otherwise, other teams would score and win as much as the Pats do.

And Cassel, with the same team as ’07 Brady went 22td-11Ints for an 11-5 record, Brady went 50tds-8ints for 16-0. But, yea they are the same player.

You don’t know what your talking about.

86. Instead of being angry at other fans for rightfully calling the Patriots cheaters, why don’t Pats fans take aim at the people responsible? You know, the people who cheated and were punished, Belicheat, Kraft , and Brady…..
    It’s not our fault the Patriots culture if cheating was exposed. Stop blaming everyone else for the Pats cheating.

87. trailerparkking says:
    Oct 4, 2016 1:16 PM

…………

Instead of pointing fingers at Pats fans, ask yourself the simple question of why has every single investigation Goodell has undertaken been riddled with serious problems and been picked apart by fans and experts alike (concussions, bountygate, bullygate, Rice, Brady, etc.)?

88. footballfanatic says:
    Oct 4, 2016 12:52 PM

—-
    You sure about that last part? 🙂 Brock Osweiler would be happy to discuss.

🙂

89. My my Patriot Hater is so ANGRY these days 🙂 I wonder why? 🙂

Don’t take it personally. It’s not your fault that your team simply isn’t man enough to put in the work and effort to compete with the 4 time World Champions.

Actually I lied…it is your fault. How about you clowns make noise and demand better of your team. When that happens and your team starts acting like a REAL MAN’s team and works harder and smarter to compete with the 4 time World Champions and NFL’s Greatest Dynasty… then maybe us fans of the Patriots will be less inclined to get literally right in your grills and laugh at you.

On second thought we probably will anyway just because we can, but we will have less reason to.

It ain’t rocket science cupcakes.

Salut!

🙂

90. floriowasthewomanthatbigbenraped says:
    Oct 4, 2016 1:31 PM
    This is the Browns “primetime” game this year. I’ll take a win over the Pats for a lousy remainder of the season.
    _______________________________________
    Sorry… But you are in for a VERY DISAPPOINTING year!!!!!

91. floriowasthewomanthatbigbenraped says:
    Oct 4, 2016 1:31 PM

The Browns, being a professional football team, will hear all the hype about the other guys and will most likely be amped up to play on Sunday. That’s how pros roll.

I expect nothing less on Sunday. In fact I expect the Browns will play their best game of the season.

The GOAT Tom Brady will appreciate the competition and you will get as good as the GOAT has to offer.

Good luck! 🙂

92. las0023 says:
    Oct 4, 2016 1:50 PM
    With Matt Cassel as QB, the Patriots were 11-5. The next year with Brady back they were 10-6.

—————

In 2004 with Brady they were 14-2. In 2005 with Brady they were 10-6. In 2006 with Brady they were 12-4. In 2007 with Brady they were 16-0.

93. las0023 says:
    Oct 4, 2016 1:50 PM

…………………………………

’07 Brady – 16-0 W-L, 50Tds-8Ints,
    3rd hardest schedule

’08 Cassel – 11-5 W-L,, 22Tds-11Ints
    25th hardest schedule,

’09 Brady 10-6 W-L, 28Tds-13Ints
    3rd hardest schedule

’10 Brady 14-2 W-L, 36Tds-4Ints
    6th hardest schedule

notice one isn’t like the other in a few different ways?

94. ftomasic1961 says:
    Oct 4, 2016 2:04 PM
    GOAT????? bwhahahahahaha
    eli begs to differ….

————–

I will assume it is not because you think Eli is better, because that would be insane.

So… it must be because Eli beat him twice in the Super Bowl.

95. realityonetwo says:
    Oct 4, 2016 1:17 PM
    Nothing against Brady, but what is up with the overuse of the word “focus” in sports these days?

———

I think you are a bit too focused on it.

96. Slow your roll Pat’s fans. You played 3 HOME games, and not one legit QB or defense yet.

Who knows what the season can bring…it’s too early to tell. And that Denver D looks even better than last year. Home field advantage for the AFC C’ship is up for grabs. But then again, NE has the advantage of playing the Jets, Bills, and Miami twice in their own division, with no QB to face on either of those teams. Who wouldn’t want the opportunity to be given 6 probable wins each year. Better to be lucky than good.

97. I’ve never seen a bigger bunch of crybabies then the people that constantly hate on the Patriots. Your jealously is seeping out and is extremely transparent. 15+ years of sustained success will do that do you I guess. You just can’t understand how year in and year out the Pats are successful. Your tired excuses are pathetic. System QB, weak division, dink and dunk, cheating, warm gatorade, aliens, grassy knoll, and whatever other hate you spew. I mean, someone on here is even trying to suggest Eli Manning is the GOAT. The fact of the matter is the Patriots continue to dominate. Brady has cemented his legacy as the greatest QB of all time. BB has cemented his legacy as the greatest coach of all time. The Patriots will be vying for another SB this year while most of your teams will be throwing in the towel in early December.

98. skawh says:
    Oct 4, 2016 2:30 PM

The old they win because of the division excuse

Sorry but that doesn’t work they don’t go 6-0 in the division every year it’s usually 4-2

But have a better win % outside the division which is more impressive considering they play more games outside the division

Funny how don’t remember anyone ever saying that same thing about Manning. The AFC south has been the worst division in the AFC since 2001

The better team to use for your lame example would be the Colts of the last 2 years.

10-2 in the division
    500 win % outside the division

Again it’s just crybabies twisting themselves into a pretzel trying to discredit the Patriots

99. I don’t hate any team, but the fact is the Patriots have won 1 SB in the past 11 years only because the other team gave it away. No better than 10 other teams.

“I’ve never seen a bigger bunch of crybabies then the people that constantly hate on the Patriots. Your jealously is seeping out and is extremely transparent. 15+ years of sustained success will do that do you I guess. You just can’t understand how year in and year out the Pats are successful. Your tired excuses are pathetic. System QB, weak division, dink and dunk, cheating, warm gatorade, aliens, grassy knoll, and whatever other hate you spew. I mean, someone on here is even trying to suggest Eli Manning is the GOAT. The fact of the matter is the Patriots continue to dominate. Brady has cemented his legacy as the greatest QB of all time. BB has cemented his legacy as the greatest coach of all time. The Patriots will be vying for another SB this year while most of your teams will be throwing in the towel in early December.”

100. “Slow your roll Pat’s fans. You played 3 HOME games, and not one legit QB or defense yet.”

There’s nothing legit in the NFL until after Thanksgiving. Lets see how it all shakes out after that.

101. Most of the other years he wasn’t on a SB contending team. The first few years in SF they were terrible and KC wasn’t anything special.

“Can’t winnem all. The popular story is how Montana was 4-0 in Super Bowls, but what happened the other 11 years he played? He lost before the superbowl or missed the playoffs. That’s just how it goes in the NFL. Better to make it and lose then to not make it at all like Eli does most years.”

102. Sure, Brady’s better than Cassel, but having a tougher schedule doesn’t justify having a worse record. Not if he really was the GOAT.

“08 Cassel – 11-5 W-L,, 22Tds-11Ints
    25th hardest schedule,

’09 Brady 10-6 W-L, 28Tds-13Ints
    3rd hardest schedule”

103. las0023 says:
    Oct 4, 2016 1:50 PM

—————————

So Belichick can’t win with any old quarterback. Thanks for clearing that up.

104. skawh says:
    Oct 4, 2016 2:30 PM

……

But being “good” in the NFL means you play a first place schedule, which the Pats have for the vast majority of the last 15 years. But I agree the Pats will have a challenging road this year with games against Pittsburgh, Seattle, Denver, Cinncinati and Baltimore who might be good.

105. Some Pats homers lines before the game Sunday against the Bills:

TB12RALLYCRY says:
    Oct 2, 2016 10:51 AM
    The Patriots have five tight ends active for this game……Blounts gonna run it down there throats….The Bills best linebacker is Spikes , who the Patriots practiced against for years….Blount will have 35 plus carries…………

patsruleyou says:
    Oct 2, 2016 10:55 AM
    It doesn’t matter who starts at qb for the pats.
    Here we go 4-0, GFY goodell.

kissbillsrings says:
    Oct 1, 2016 9:18 AM
    I see Hogan & Blount having big games here… Probably Eddelman/Dola &?Bennet too
    I expect the Bills to try & blitz the heck out of him & that will be their major mistake as Jimmy will get the ball out fast & once the D gets tired that’s when Blount will run thru & over them

LyinRogerMustGo says:
    Oct 1, 2016 9:51 AM
    Don’t feel bad Bills🙂 What JG will do to you tomorrow is nothing compared to what the GOAT Qb will do to the Browns.

trainwrecksryan says:
    Oct 1, 2016 11:42 AM
    We’re gonna miss you, Rex.

laukkanen5 says:
    Oct 1, 2016 11:52 AM
    i am some good news and bad news for Bills fans

the good- you just won a nice game vs Arizona

the bad- you have zero chance vs patriots, and some of you may actually live in Buffalo. oh, and the Sabres will stink again….

carry on

See how delusional they are?

106. eddievortex says:
    Oct 4, 2016 10:36 AM
    Vikings Have 18 Division Championships says:
    Oct 4, 2016 8:20 AM

And how many NFC North Crowns does Brady have? ZERO.
    #################################

What does that have to do with the AFC East?

***************************************************

I think that guy was just being funny. I’m a Pats fan and I nearly blew coffee out of my nose reading that. That was funny right there 🙂

107. Enjoy the return of a ticked off Brady…
    I KNOWI WILL!!!
    Roger didn’t do the NFL any favors….quite the opposite actually!!
    Cheers!!!

108. skoobyfl says:
    Oct 4, 2016 8:45 AM

OK, the Bills scored a whopping 16 points and beat a team using a 3rd string rookie QB that needs surgery on the thumb of his throwing hand. Quite the triumph!

109. Actually, the Patriots have the same winning percentage whether Brady plays or not.

—————————

So Belichick can’t win with any old quarterback. Thanks for clearing that up.

110. las0023 says:
    Oct 4, 2016 3:11 PM

“08 Cassel – 11-5 W-L,, 22Tds-11Ints
    25th hardest schedule,

’09 Brady 10-6 W-L, 28Tds-13Ints
    3rd hardest schedule”

………….

Cassel ’08
    63.4 comp%, 3693yds, 21tds, 11ints, 7 fumbles, 230.8 yd/gm, 89.4 QB rtg.
    ’08 team 8th in pts/gm

Brady ’09 (his worst year in last 10 and coming off an ACL/MCL so its obvious cherrypicking, but I’ll play along)
    65.7 comp%, 4398yds, 28tds, 13ints, 4 fumbles, 274.9yd/gm, 96.2 QB rtg, 6th in pts /gm

it’s pretty clear who had the better year, and you strangely don’t mention ’07 or ’09.

And I think someone who comes within a dropped pass in ’06 of dragging an offense with Reche Caldwell as his top weapon to the SB is worthy of being in the GOAT conversation.

111. Vikings Have 18 Division Championships says:
    Oct 4, 2016 8:20 AM
    And how many NFC North Crowns does Brady have? ZERO.

Do you think I should pick Brady for my fantasy basketball team this year? Decisions, decisions. 🙂

112. fritz96 says:
    Oct 4, 2016 4:28 PM

………

Nope, Belichick is 21-19 coaching the Pats when Brady isn’t starting.

113. veddermn8 says:
    Oct 4, 2016 1:25 PM
    trailerparkking says:
    Oct 4, 2016 1:16 PM

————————————————
    The nfl testified that they had no evidence of any wrongdoing….I repeat, the nfl testified they had no evidence,. It’s in the court transcripts. You know they admitted this yet you still can’t let it go. Bugging lockerrooms? Never proven. Stealing playbooks, never proven. Spygate? Taping is legal. It was in the rule book. They had a camera in the wrong spot. The sidelines. You’re allowed to tape from the pressbox. They taped from the wrong location. Taping a superbowl practice? Never proven. You know all this but keep wasting your life on another team.

114. FoozieGrooler says:
    Oct 4, 2016 9:37 AM
    Tom Brady, living proof that you can’t polish a turd

Yeah, I’ve been to Pittsburg and Buffalo too. Cleveland shines by comparison.

115. So I guess Brady would be the first QB in league history to have a good year on a team with a good-not-great W-L record? Drew Brees and Peyton might have something to say about that. And “worse record” is meaningless when Brady made the playoffs and Cassel didn’t.

Cassel ’08
    63.4 comp%, 3693yds, 21tds, 11ints, 7 fumbles, 230.8 yd/gm, 89.4 QB rtg.
    ’08 team 8th in pts/gm

Brady: 8-1 against playoff teams in 07
    Cassell: 1-4 against the AFC playoff field and blown out 3 times in 08.

That is all that needs to be said about that.

Brady is the GOAT. All other opinions are trash. Fact.

🙂

116. yes, including his year when they were terrible. Since then it’s been about even.

“Nope, Belichick is 21-19 coaching the Pats when Brady isn’t starting.”

117. FoozieGrooler says:
    Oct 4, 2016 9:37 AM
    Tom Brady, living proof that you can’t polish a turd.

————–

Saying that about another person is actually totally disgusting.

118. Brady’s accomplishments will forever be tainted by Spygate and Deflategate. He will never go down as the GOAT because he cheats. He was suspended for cheating at his profession. This will never be over for him. Wait until his HOF ballot comes up. He will be shredded by both scandals. The experts will be forced to take it into consideration. He should not get first ballot.

119. At this point, the “cheater” comments are incredibly ignorant. This all started on January 18, 2015. That provided plenty of time for people to find out the facts.

There is this new invention called “the Internet”.
    Using the Internet people can watch videos where footballs deflate naturally when placed in refrigerators. The PSI measurements then increase once the footballs are taken out of the refrigerators.

This means that on October 04, 2016 there is no excuse for the ignorant “cheater” comments. Unless people just want to demonstrate online how incredibly ignorant they are.

We all know that the NFL has chosen to keep the PSI measurements that were collected during the 2015 season secret. That still doesn’t give those people an excuse to remain ignorant. There are too many videos where people can see for themselves. It’s called “science” and remaining ignorant of science while typing “cheater” isn’t a good look.

120. las0023 says:
    Oct 4, 2016 5:30 PM

“Nope, Belichick is 21-19 coaching the Pats when Brady isn’t starting.”
    …………………………………….

Belichick is 21-19 when Brady is not starting QB, not disputable. That proves Brady is important. Brady without Belichick would also have an adverse effect as well obviously. But you helped make my point, that not just any QB can do what Brady can do. Thanks!

121. limakey says:
    Oct 4, 2016 5:47 PM

And you can continue to type that when he is a first ballot HOFer

Let’s not forget you were the genius who was saying for an entire offseason that “Brady wouldn’t be able to throw a properly inflated ball”

And “the Patriots would fumble more”

And guess what? You wee WRONG.

Oh and he wasn’t suspended for “cheating” the guy would did the 3 month investigation didn’t even come to that conclusion. He was suspended for “non corporation” and we even know that wasn’t true.

The problem with trolls like you is you are so insanely jealous you are blinded.

Roger Godell has been proven a liar in the deflategate case in the Ray Rice case and in the AP case.

122. Me thinks thou protest too much! If the deflated ball fits wear it! Stained for life, once a highly thought of future Hall of Famer. Now a cheater that will make it into the Hall eventually but will only be remembered for cheating at America’s most revered sport! It would have been better had he never picked up a football!

123. Bubbalicious says:
    Oct 4, 2016 6:45 PM

—————————————————————

It would have been better it those that still believe that someone deflated footballs picked up a science book once in their lives.

Now its even easier not to remain ignorant anyone can watch a video online after searching for: “Deflate Gate & Why Science Says the Patriots Did Not Tamper With Footballs”.

The NFL seems to be hiding the PSI information that was collected during the 2015 season for a reason.

124. Flash, I have never made a single post about Brady throwing the ball. Not one. Fumbles are a matter of technique. Never made that comment about fumbles. Brady was suspended for cheating at his profession and failure to cooperate.

125. Science not funded by NFL exonerated Brady. Goodell fouled up yet another league investigation with dishonesty and a general contempt for anyone disgreeing with him. not credible and certainly not a first ballot HOF comissioner.

126. crewchief15 says:
    Oct 4, 2016 10:51 AM
    myspaceyourface says:
    Oct 4, 2016 9:34 AM
    We’re on to our next scam. We will find whatever rules we can manipulate and abuse.
    —————–
    Sound like a lawyer, explaining why his client “technically” did nothing wrong…….. remember just because you can do something doesn’t mean you should…something to be said about honesty and morals!!!
    ===========================
    Wow, that doesn’t happen very often. Two different Patriots trolls making different but appropriate cases against Goodell. In the first case, they acknowledge that Goodell commonly lies and cheats to get his way. And in the second, he basically sums up the reality of Goodell’s success against Brady.
    Goodell is a liar, a thief and a fraud. Everyone knows he lied repeatedly in court and out of court. He is a thief because he knows he doesn’t meet the basic tenet of his job ie, he has no integrity. And so he continues to accept his salary under false pretenses. That is equivalent to continuing to cash the Social Security checks of someone who died by saying well they should have stopped sending me the checks. No, it doesn’t work like that. It’s theft. And he’s a fraud because he knowingly repeatedly broke every rule of integrity he claims to be protecting.
    What I don’t understand is how he can continue to dishonor his father by implying this was how he was brought up. His family should be ashamed.

127. He got to be the best all time by focusing solely on the next game.

Media hypes the revenge tour crap but Brady just wants to beat the hell out of whoever the next opponent is every single time. That’s what separated him from the second tier fantasy qbs like Manning who could put up big numbers but choked when it counted.

Every game is gravy now.

128. limakey says:
    Oct 4, 2016 5:47 PM

……………………..

Goodell’s accomplishments will forever be tainted by his terrible job at leading league investigations (bountygate, bullygate, concussions, Rice, Brady) and his general dishonesty with the public, fans, players, ex-players and the court system. Also throw in the $130mil in shared revenue he helped the owners hide from the NFLPA. Wait until his HOF ballot comes up. He will be shredded by his numerous scandals that have hurt the integrity of the game. The experts will be forced to take it into consideration. He should not get first ballot.

129. Bubbalicious says:
    Oct 4, 2016 6:13 PM

America forgives and forgets almost anything, except someone who cheats at Sports! Especially football!
    ______________________________________

Except when it takes denying 100+ years of PROVEN science and believing 56+ PROVEN NFL lies to frame the athlete. Then, only the Trolls don’t forgive…and no one cares what the crybaby Trolls on a message board think anyway. (It’s just fun slapping them around with facts, science and logic.)

Patriots and Patriot Fans Win Again!

130. Bubbalicious says:
    Oct 4, 2016 6:45 PM

Yeah, stain, good name for trolls like you.

131. Bubbalicious says:
    Oct 4, 2016 6:45 PM

======================
    Stained for life … based on unproven ball deflation of less than 1 PSI. LOL

132. Fireroger, Brady is tainted for Spygate and for his involvement with deflategate. He destroyed all credibility with his lies and destruction of his cell phone. The texts hurt him as well.

133. limakey says:
    Oct 6, 2016 8:10 PM

——————————————-
    The information that proves Goodell lied and railroaded Brady is freely available, read it and free yourself of your unhealthy obsession before it’s too late. In case you want to deny it, proof of your obsession is the rate you post this nonsense on threads for a team you don’t like.

134. Yet, no one cares what you do anymore. All the world thinks you a cheater, along with your coach and organization and when you got caught your owner sold you out and accepted the punishment! Tom Brady – founding member CHEATRIOT HALL OF SHAME! along with that clown Bill Belichick!

135. Bubbalicious says:
    Oct 7, 2016 1:30 PM

——————————-

The idiot is strong in this Jets fan.

136. Switch, Brady was not railroaded. No one made him lie, no one made him destroy his cell phone, no one forced him to be involved in deflategate. If you kept all the evidence the same, exactly the same, but instead of the Pats, it was the Broncos and Peyton, or the Colts and Luck, or the Packers and Aaron, you and every other Brady denier would be singing a different tune. See that is the difference between a true, well researched football fan and the Homer Soup Cans of NE, we would feel the same way about any other qb.

137. Only gullible dupes continue to believe that Brady cheated.
    Considering that the following information has been available for many months:

• Science says that footballs lose PSI when moved to where it is cold. (actually this one has been true since the invention of footballs).

• Scientists have stated that the weather explains the deflation.

• Numerous videos are available online where you can watch the PSI drop on PSI gauges when footballs are placed into refrigerators. Just search for this title online: “Deflate Gate & Why Science Says the Patriots Did Not Tamper With Footballs”

• The NFL continues to keep the PSI information secret even though it was collected during the 2015 season.

138. Fact, the NFL did take the IGL into account and the balls still measured below. So, in your words, science proved the balls were lower than nature can explain. If science was the only evidence. You still have a weak case. What buries your case are the texts, the stolen balls, the lies, the cover up and the cherry on top, Tom destroying his cell phone.

139. Lima but why do you never address Goodells horrendous track record with investigations? He has proven time and time again that his leadership skills are lacking and his honesty is suspect. Indisputable.

140. Lima the only scientists who agree with NFL were paid by the NFL. And the commissioner has a terrible track record with investigations. And exactly zero point zero texts say anything about intentions to lower psi after inspection or to psi below 12.5. Yet you find the science and the NFL credible and beyond question. Curious…

141. The only issue I have with Bountygate is Paul’s over turning the players suspension. Again, he refuses to hold players accountable for their actions. Nothing done wrong in Bullygate. Nothing done wrong in the Ray Rice incident either because Rice is still out of football.

142. Goodell lied on stand during Rice testimony. He said the league did everything they could to get second tape and then played dumb about what a formal request was. This was after telling the owners and the public in a press conference the NFL asked the authorities for the tape. Mueller Report confirms the NFL never made that request. Goodell is either dumb enough not to verify important facts in his statements or is outright lying. Either way its a terrible job by him.

143. And exactly no one in the NFL would say Goodell has better judgement than taglibue who is universally respected.
    And Wells’ job with bullygate was by multiple accounts extremely biased and just an NFL conclusion that was backtracked into a hypothesis (sounds familiar.)
    And with concussions, Goodell denied they caused long term damage and supressed the science . then he comes around but still defunds scientists he doesn’t like. And he claims the league is now very concerned with head injuries while simultaneously trying to expand the season and playoffs and sucessfully adding a new game day a week all which increases the amount and frequency of head injuries. Yet you think he is credible.

144. limakey says:
    Oct 7, 2016 5:29 PM
    ===================
    Ridiculous. The same manufactured Wells report still exists and is completely congruent with all the other lies from the NFL (Rice, Peterson, Incognito, Concussions, et al) front office. A well researched football fan realizes that by now. When you have Exponent intentionally doctoring photos in an effort to minimize the differences in gauges specifically in order to change the mind of Walt Anderson on what gauge he used it doesn’t matter what QB that amount of crap is trying to be stuck to. It still stinks.

145. Fireroger, the only thing that stinks is the Pats. They stink of cheat. The taint of that smell will always surround and drown Belichick and Brady.

146. limakey, you’re revealing your bias by casting aside clear evidence of Goodell’s poor track record on investigations with no meaningful reason why. Goodell clearly doesn’t care all that much about consistency of enforcement and consistency of what constitutes a threshold of proof when it comes to disciplining players. He just pushes his own agenda and protects himself with the CBA (which the NFLPA can only blame themselves for), which shows that he is smart but also that he is not above unethical and shrewd behavior (which Goodell can only blame himself for).

147. limakey says:
    Oct 9, 2016 8:25 PM
    ===========================
    No doubt. Right to the hall of the fame.

Nobody is surprised by fans trying to make more out of the marginal infractions the league has gone after the Patriots on. Despite it all nobody can point to anything gained from what the Patriots did (noting of course that one was admitted to and the other was never proven). The bottom line is Patriots fans are denial loving homers and everybody else are whiny haters. It’s the same phenomenon that happened during the 49ers legacy.

148. Can’t wait to see how the Bengals-Pats game turns out. The Pats D has been just ok, with lots of yards given up but not a ton of points let up. With the Bengals weapons and Brady a week sharper, this could be a fun shootout.

149. Ved, I think the Pats have a very good defense. They are excellent in the red zones. The key to beating or at least staying in the game is that coaches know they need long drives that eat up the clock. I think their defense just looks okay with the yards given up is because they are being kept on the field longer. I can’t think of any team who can beat them in a shoot out.

150. Pats secondary has been a little iffy so the likes of AJ Green and a good receiving back like Benard could cause problems. Pats are only 20th in pass yds/gm and haven’t faced any QBs who are having a good year (we’ll see if Palmer gets back on track). And Butler hasn’t been as good as he was last year, some think he might be dealing with an injury. Bengals can score but the Pats should be able to take it.