Odell Beckham fined $24,309 for unsportsmanlike conduct

AP

Giants receiver Odell Beckham is in trouble again.

Beckham has been fined $24,309 by the league office for an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty he picked up on Monday night against the Vikings.

It’s at least the third fine of the season for Beckham, who has also been fined for a touchdown dance and for a blindside hit.

Although Beckham is one of the most talented young players in the NFL, there’s a growing sense around the league that his repeated penalties are detracting from his contributions as a receiver. The NFL suspended Beckham for the last game of last season, and if he doesn’t clean up his act soon, the league or the Giants may decide it’s time to sit him down again.

39 responses to “Odell Beckham fined $24,309 for unsportsmanlike conduct

1. From B.S.PN …

Odell Beckham was fined $24,309 for unsportsmanlike conduct on Monday night. He has now been fined in 3 of 4 games this season for a total of $72,463.

LMAO !!! Dude is a dumba$$ … lol

2. MichaelEdits says:
    Oct 7, 2016 4:26 PM
    Watching him self-destruct like this makes me think he might one day be sleeping on Johnny Manziel’s couch.

I don’t see Manziel “investing” in a couch – most likely futon. Used.

3. Vikings fan here so opinion is valid. I watched every play of the game and really can’t figure out what he did that was so bad to deserve a 24k fine. He mouthed off to Xavier Rhoades when roads arguably hit him out of bounds. Maybe cause he slightly bumped an official when he was arguing for the call, not sure otherwise. Maybe it was something off camera.

4. I don’t know what the conduct was, because I haven’t been watching. The game has been terrible.

If it was a fine for excessive celebration, its garbage.

5. Zero teams want Manziel, 32 teams would love to have Beckham. Having hissy fits isn’t a meltdown. He’ll easily get over 1,000 yards receiving again.

6. peoriaviking says:
    Oct 7, 2016 4:44 PM

______

The fine is for bumping the official, and perhaps he said something to the official to which we were not privy.

7. MichaelEdits says:
    Oct 7, 2016 4:26 PM

————————————————————-
    OBJ may lack judgment on the field with penalties, but to compare him to a guy who ran himself out of the league by partying, drugs and alcohol before he ever made a play in the NFL is absurd.

8. The guy can make ONE notable one handed catch… but can’t keep his foot out of his mouth and emotions out off the sideline.

Giants aren’t getting their money’s worth right now.

9. Agree with the Viking fan, I didn’t see that he really did anything other than ask the ref why there was no call for a hit that was made on him OB. This is getting ridiculous. Between this stuff and the protests, it’s getting to where I am considering going shopping with my wife over watching the NFL’s commercials (with games in between).
    I’m already down to watching about 1/3 of what I did last year.

10. polegojim says:
    Oct 7, 2016 5:21 PM

Giants aren’t getting their money’s worth right now.
    ===================

$1.36M this year, what they are paying him is not a concern to the team. What he may not get paid on his next contract should be worrying him though.

11. In future news… OBJ is running for president.

Everyone hates him, but 40% of the population will vote for him since he has the letter they like next to his name.

12. The protests don’t have any bearing on watching a game or not. It’s the constant play stoppages for commercials, ad placements, product placements, which make the game unwatchable for me.

13. @granadafan, wrong thread bud.

As far as Odell, he needs to keep his attitude in check. You never know when a bigger kicking net is going to show up. You know they hunt in packs…

14. If I was a high end nfl player
    I would put a clause in my contract that specifies
    any fine that I get that is marginal at best
    get’s paid by the team and not by me
    that would put pressure on the owners to stop this crap
    all players should do this

15. “stoneydog1000 says:

Zero teams want Manziel, 32 teams would love to have Beckham. Having hissy fits isn’t a meltdown. He’ll easily get over 1,000 yards receiving again.”

His hissy fits are not the problem, it is his lack of ability to control his temper, which also causes the hissy fits.
    He has a history of cheap shots resulting from this lack of control, costing the team yardage during the games, except for the behind the play cheap shot against the Saints that eluded the on field officials (but not the league).

Once you have a history as being a repeat offender, the league has an eye on you (remember Suh’s issues?) How is this that hard to understand?
    As for 32 team’s that would love his services, I would say once he learns to control his temper possibly. The Giants are very lenient and all the reports have them talking to him for weeks now. What makes you think every other team would be so lenient?
    OBJ is talented no doubt. It is unfortunate that no one has taught him, in all these years, to be a person of character. He is not a child anymore and is paid to be a professional. It’s time he started acting like one.

16. “bigcid10 says:

If I was a high end nfl player
    I would put a clause in my contract that specifies
    any fine that I get that is marginal at best
    get’s paid by the team and not by me
    …”

Define “marginal”

They would be spending more money fighting each other in court over who pays the fine that what the amount of the fine was for…

17. stoneydog1000 says:
    Oct 7, 2016 4:45 PM
    _______________________________________________

I wouldn’t be so sure. Not many locker rooms want a guy like this around to disrupt the team chemistry. Also he can get all the yards he wants, as long as they keep getting those L’s.

2-3 coming…and counting!!

18. bigcid10 says:
    Oct 7, 2016 8:56 PM
    If I was a high end nfl player
    I would put a clause in my contract that specifies
    any fine that I get that is marginal at best
    get’s paid by the team and not by me
    that would put pressure on the owners to stop this crap
    all players should do this

4 11

————————————————————-
    NFL rules specifically forbid teams from doing this.

19. NFL needs this OBJ drama. Kids got talent, but the book is out on him. shade him over the top and a small WR = public muggings. Big blue will put him in motion more… freeing the butt whooping he’s taking at the snap

20. The only time he makes the headlines anymore is when he has another blowup or costly penalty. He certainly isn’t making headlines with his production.

From good WR to diva in just a year or two. Get ready for the drama-train known as OBJ.