Bears have to separate safeties on sideline after touchdown, one benched

Chicago Bears head coach John Fox points from the sideline during the first half of an NFL football game against the Indianapolis Colts in Indianapolis, Sunday, Oct. 9, 2016. (AP Photo/Darron Cummings) AP

The Bears lost another game, and they don’t know who their quarterback is going to be for the coming weeks or the future, but it was a different frustration that seemed to boil over on the sidelines yesterday.

Per Adam Jahns of the Chicago Sun-Times, Bears safety Harold Jones-Quartey had to be separated from teammates on the sidelines after an intense argument with safety Adrian Amos.

The debate happened after the Colts’ first touchdown, apparently over who was supposed to be covering a wide-open Dwayne Allen on fourth down at the goal line. “Football is a very emotional game,” Jones-Quartey said. “When we’re all in the action, we can get emotional and make wrong decisions and make wrong choices in the heat of an emotional game. That’s what that was.”

Bears coaches must not have liked either the miscommunication or the spat, because Jones-Quartey was benched in favor of veteran Chris Pronsinski, which coach John Fox said was a performance-based decision.

Permalink 11 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Chicago Bears, Home, Rumor Mill
11 Responses to “Bears have to separate safeties on sideline after touchdown, one benched”
  1. cabsf415 says: Oct 10, 2016 6:52 AM

There we have it. The battle for 2017 1st overall pick between the Bears, 49ers, Browns and Dolphins has officially begun.

2. usitait says: Oct 10, 2016 7:43 AM

He really wanted us to know football is an emotional game

3. bassplucker says: Oct 10, 2016 7:44 AM

I for one am actually glad to finally see evidence that at least some of the Bears players are getting fed up with losing, especially to beatable teams like the Colts.

Coverage breakdowns were a thing all day for the Bears and IMO the biggest reason they lost yesterday (although penalties and bad special teams play definitely contributed too). Lost in all the talk about Cutler vs. Hoyer is the fact that the Bears defense has no players of impact other than two pretty good ILBs. Injuries (McPhee, Floyd, Goldman) are contributing to that but that’s where depth comes in and the Bears don’t have it. More pass rush and DB talent is needed on the roster so even though I get it that we need a QB of the future, picking up Myles Garrett or Jabril Peppers next April wouldn’t upset me.

4. bigdawgdaddy says: Oct 10, 2016 8:07 AM

I can’t wait to see how badly The Zim Reapers embarrass the Clowns Of The Midway…. There is a very good chance if Cutler is at QB the ZIM Reapers will make him crap his pants, and if Hoyer is at QB they week behead him.

5. snowdood163 says: Oct 10, 2016 8:24 AM

Could you please add a paragraph that includes his quotes? I didn’t get it the first time I read them.

6. mialto says: Oct 10, 2016 8:28 AM

this team is reaching new lows every season

on the plus side, their saving me a ton of money by not attending their games

7. thevza says: Oct 10, 2016 2:20 PM

mialto says:
    Oct 10, 2016 8:28 AM

this team is reaching new lows every season

on the plus side, their saving me a ton of money by not attending their games

——–

I hear you on that. I’m not even watching Bears games anymore this season. Much easier to check the boxscore later and confirm my expectations. As a result, my Sunday mornings have become super-productive! Thanks John Fox and Ryan Pace!

8. fishyinalittledishy says: Oct 10, 2016 2:28 PM

11 2
    ***************************
    If you were unfortunate to have watched my Dolphins this year it would be a case of who has the second pick. If you think your team is bad watching my bunch will make you feel a tad better.

9. thejesusofcool says: Oct 10, 2016 8:32 PM

Rumor has it, Jay Jay going to the bench and oh boy, he gonna be mad, throw a big hiss fit like he did in Denver, and dmeans to be traded or he won’t play. Good luck with the last part Jay, Jay. Nobody wants you anymore!

10. 4ever85 (aka Butch DeadLift) says: Oct 11, 2016 3:06 PM

Johnny Two Times, “I’m gonna get da papers, get da papers”

11. kferguson2002 says: Oct 13, 2016 12:59 AM