Cameron Wake: This should not be happening

MIAMI GARDENS, FL - OCTOBER 09:  Derrick Henry #22 of the Tennessee Titans rushes with the ball against the Miami Dolphins at Hard Rock Stadium on October 9, 2016 in Miami Gardens, Florida.  (Photo by Chris Trotman/Getty Images) Getty Images

The Dolphins got pushed around by the Titans at home on Sunday afternoon, falling to 1-4 in a 30-17 loss that saw the Titans nearly double the yards gained by the Dolphins over the course of the proceedings.

Tennessee averaged 5.7 yards per rush, didn’t allow a sack, didn’t turn the ball over and had seven plays that went for at least 17 yards on their way to the win. Veteran Dolphins defensive end Cameron Wake was part of that effort on defense by Miami and he’s been part of many other disappointments over his time with the team, which he said doesn’t make it any easier to swallow the latest failure.

“Same pain. Same disgust,” Wake said, via the Palm Beach Post. “Same fury. It boils inside you. It doesn’t get any easier. Unfortunately, I’ve experienced it too many times. I want to win. Poop still tastes the same, no matter if it was the first time you tasted it. … I can assure you I’m frustrated, guys are disappointed and frankly, pissed off. Uncomfortable with this feeling. Because with the kind of guys we have, this should not be happening.”

The Dolphins rank 28th in yards allowed this season and they are last against the run, which makes for a poor match with an offense that is 31st in rushing yards, last in first downs and at or near the bottom in several other metrics. It’s a combination that suggests a long season in Miami just as surely as watching the Dolphins over the first five weeks leaves one with the impression that Wake will get more chances to experience the discomfort he talked about on Sunday.

Permalink 31 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, Miami Dolphins, Rumor Mill
31 Responses to “Cameron Wake: This should not be happening”
  1. mtsquad says: Oct 10, 2016 7:05 AM

So sad for a once proud organization. Two billionaires have run it into the ground.

2. peepeehed says: Oct 10, 2016 7:05 AM

Glad your cancer is gone from the Bills, Mario Williams. Overrated, lazy, horrible attitude.

3. mcjon22 says: Oct 10, 2016 7:11 AM

The front office is laughable.

The secondary and LB corp was hot trash last year?

So how do they upgrade? Bryan ‘burnt toast’ Maxwell, and Kiko Alonzo.

Alonzo has been solid, but the depth in both areas is as thick as my fingernails.

And Tannehill…the guy just has no pocket presence.

At this point, I would welcome a 3-13 season and a shot at Desean Watson or Keizer. That’s the only way this franchise will ever find its way out of the wilderness.

4. contender21open says: Oct 10, 2016 7:27 AM

Plain and simple, it’s poor coaching.

Should have kept Dan Campbell.

5. allaboutdabillslikebuffalo says: Oct 10, 2016 7:34 AM

Class act. Trade him to a contender. Miami you owe him that much.

6. jjb0811 says: Oct 10, 2016 7:34 AM

Miami, DC, Detroit, Bears, Chargers, Titans & Jets all have the exact same problem…bad ownership. Parity only exist with teams that try to compete. You can go into each season knowing these teams won’t get over 9 wins and most end up w/ 5-6. Sure a fluke season comes into play. My Skins have 2 division titles w/in the past few years, but nothing that says long term stability or to cover 20+ years of losing.

7. bonitalocal says: Oct 10, 2016 8:03 AM

Good morning, Chippy!

Scurry on over to the Patriot’s posts…there will be nothing that you want to read, (as usual), on the Dolphin’s stories.

It is so fun watching the Dolphins this year! There was so much hope at the beginning of the year!

Gase=The unemployed whisperer.

8. phillyfinsfan says: Oct 10, 2016 8:16 AM

The Dolphins are a really bad football team. They got pushed around on both sides of the line yesterday. The owner made a huge mistake bringing in his NY buddy, Mike Tannenbaum make personal decisions. This team is devoid of play makers.

9. fordmandalay says: Oct 10, 2016 8:41 AM

At least signing Suh to that ridiculously huge contract has paid off big time!

10. 69finfan says: Oct 10, 2016 8:44 AM

From a thoroughly disgusted Fin Fan, yes it should. Collectively, you guys suck.

11. bkrog says: Oct 10, 2016 8:48 AM

I’ve been a Dolphin fan since 1984. I’m tired of seeing junk on the field. This years Dolphins are clearly the worst team in football.

They are built wrong. They have horrible leadership, including Tannebaum.

We MUST get rid of Tannehill and completely rebuild. Trade everyone for anything you can get!

I think I’m done with the Dolphins.

12. ireadpftforthecomments says: Oct 10, 2016 8:56 AM

But I’ve never tasted poop….

13. rageviral says: Oct 10, 2016 9:59 AM

Exotic smashmouth at its best. Helps having the #1 offensive line in the league.

14. brianav036 says: Oct 10, 2016 10:00 AM

mtsquad says:
    Oct 10, 2016 7:05 AM

———————————————————-
    Wayne I was a good owner IMO. Miami was still winning 10 games a year post Marino. We would kill for some of those teams right now.

15. brianav036 says: Oct 10, 2016 10:06 AM

It seems pretty obvious what needs to be done. Unfortunately If Mike T were to concede that a total rebuild needs to happen he would lose his job. Steve Ross is working on a transending real estate project in NYC right now and I think he has fooled us all. He doesn’t care about o winning and the Dolphins as much as He says he does. Tannehill, Duh .Williams…everybody must go.

16. brianav036 says: Oct 10, 2016 10:07 AM

It seems pretty obvious what needs to be done. Unfortunately If Mike T were to concede that a total rebuild needs to happen he would lose his job. Steve Ross is working on a transending real estate project in NYC right now and I think he has fooled us all. He doesn’t care about o winning and the Dolphins as much as He says he does. Tannehill, Suh .Williams…everybody must go.

17. jchipwood says: Oct 10, 2016 11:19 AM

bonitalocal says:
    Oct 10, 2016 8:03 AM
    Good morning, Chippy!

Gase=The unemployed whisperer.
    _______________________________________

One thing that always makes me feel better after a Dolphins loss and that’s trying to guess what the patriots will be busted for next.

18. finfansince68 says: Oct 10, 2016 11:22 AM

Dear Mr Ross,
    As you can see, your bizillions of capital or that green stuff we working class people call money -cannot and does not magically transform YOU into a good NFL team owner. Our beloved team is a disaster, from top to bottom!
    You have to surround yourself with top notch executives,
    of which your VP of Football Operations Mike Tannenbaum is not, please come to your senses, and fire ALL of your front office people.
    You and this once proud organization have become the epitome of exactly what a dysfunctional NFL owner and team look like. You owe it to all Dolphin fans to make this team worthy again, and IF for some reason you cannot be honest with yourself and accept the blame for what has amounted to one debacle after another with you as owner – then sell the team to someone who cares ONLY about the team.

signed- Very Disgusted Dolphin Fan !

19. 305phinphan says: Oct 10, 2016 12:09 PM

Why not be accountable and hold your teammates to those same standards? How in the world do these players make it on a 53 man roster yet can’t tackle? There’s so many blown assignments every game yet no one steps up and takes accountability.

20. spfripp says: Oct 10, 2016 12:21 PM

I always thought Tannebaum would hurt this team but had no idea that it would be to this extent. Over pay and draft injury prone players, trade for other teams trash, pay players who haven’t proven a thing while letting proven players walk. Hey Ross, you could pay me half what you pay Tannebaum and I promise you better results.

21. RandyinRoxbury says: Oct 10, 2016 12:57 PM

I wish my Patriots could have been perfect in 2007 but we choked it all away with one only 36 seconds left.
    Congrats to the 72 Dolphins for still being pro sports only perfect team.

22. RandyinRoxbury says: Oct 10, 2016 1:29 PM

I thought this Gase guy was a QB genius and would improve Turnoverhill?
    He is regressing more and more each week.
    Looks like Mr Ross fell hook, line and sinker for the sales pitch of another glorified offensive assistant.
    The Dolphins should hire Les Myles asap and fire Gase.

23. YouCryin?PatsMustBeDoingTheirJob says: Oct 10, 2016 1:30 PM

Patriots are 4-1. Miami is 1-4. Nuff said.

24. helldog33 says: Oct 10, 2016 2:30 PM

Reportedly, Gase told the team last week basically that he would be the only one assured of coming back next season.

Hey Gase, ask Steve Ross how 1-16 worked for Cam Cameron’s 1st season. You seem to be heading for that.

25. RandyinRoxbury says: Oct 10, 2016 2:45 PM

helldog33 says:
    Oct 10, 2016 2:30 PM

1st off Cam was 1-15 in 2007 not 1-16
    2nd Ross did not own the team at the time
    Why is it us Pats fans know more about the dolphins than their own fans?

26. fishyinalittledishy says: Oct 10, 2016 2:49 PM

Tannehill is regressing at such a rate he will be catching balls instead of throwing them before week 16. But to be fair on the guy I would like to see what a top QB would do behind that bunch statues. People talk about bad draft picks and we have had our fair share but it seems to me we have let our better ones leave just so we can pay big money to injury prone has beens or just has beens. Terrible decision making at the front office. I could see this happening after our signings, nothing really changed, bone head players, can’t tackle, can’t block, can’t cover but the real problem is not smart enough both on the field and off.

27. RandyinRoxbury says: Oct 10, 2016 3:45 PM

Adam Gase is so far over his head its not funny, he should simply resign asap to avoid further shame.
    Good pick Tannenbaum.

28. cleepord says: Oct 11, 2016 8:52 AM

If I was Ross I would tell Tbum to start dumping people for picks.

29. justphinbaby says: Oct 12, 2016 12:47 PM

players aren’t going to resign with Miami if things don’t change. Why be loyal to losing and mediocrity? Guys like Lamar Miller and O Vernon didnt want any part of Miami and our losing ways. This franchise needs to breed, create and cultivate a winning attitude and culture!

On paper we have looked formidable for years. But then we play and what you READ “in the papers” is…”another disappointing loss” or “Fins let the game slip away in the 4th qtr.”

I’ve watched every single game since The Sunday Ticket came to be and i can tell you it has been a rough go of it these past 15 years or so.

I know how it used to feel to be a proud Dolfan. I watched Mercury Morris fly up field on kick returns and see Bob Greise squeeze a pair of glasses inside his helmet after about 5-6 years of being our starter.

I used to love watching Larry Czonka truck fools and Paul Warfield make amazing catches, long before Dan Marino came in and take the league by storm!

I always had faith in Don Shula, even when his loyalty to Tom Olividotti(former DC) used to drive me more crazy than Tom’s caterpillar eye brows!😉

I believe in Gase. I like how he is benching and cutting players who don’t figure to be in our teams future plans. He’s doing what I used to do with my employees, when they cost me money(time) or did less than quality work. H

I also appreciate that he is intelligent enough to know that it has been impossible to evaluate Tannehill. No QB could thrive in those conditions. I know from watching Jason Taylor, Bowens, Zach Thomas, Cox, Surtain, Madison, Buckley and even Louis Oliver pounding the best QB’s in the game and helping us win games!!!

Its a long season and anyone who expected anything more than .500 was dreaming. Some first year coaches make splashes right out of the blocks. This team was so dysfunctional its going to take 2-3 years before we can expect the Dolphins to be contenders for the AFC EAST crown and maybe 3-4 years to be Super Bowl contenders.

I may be wrong but a couple good drafts and liquidating some over priced vets and trying to coax good players like Landry and R Jones to stay might get us to the promised land!

30. silvernblacksabbath says: Oct 12, 2016 1:05 PM

He called the ____ poop!

31. orivar says: Oct 13, 2016 2:26 PM

“and a shot at Desean Watson”

Why? So their offensive line can shell shock his career short? Their O-line is BAD! Like top 3 BAD, and that’s not hyperbole, they’re literally TOP 3 in sacks & hits allowed. A QB is not going to save them. Any Dolphins fans thinking that are fooling themselves. Just going to be another ruined career.