Randall Cobb thought he was either dead or lawn furniture

Getty Images

You’d think Packers wide receiver Randall Cobb would have been excited or at least happy, after helping seal last night’s win over the Giants.

But first, he had to make sure he was animate.

The veteran wide receiver secured the win with a catch just before the two-minute warning, getting down in bounds, but taking a hard shot in the process from Giants safety Landon Collins, getting doubled over.

Got folded up like a lawn chair,” Cobb said, via Ryan Wood of the Green Bay Press-Gazette. “I laid there for a second. Then I turned over and, like, I had 15 faces in front of me. So I thought I had died or something. They kind of scared me more than anything. Yeah, I took a shot, and it hurt, but whenever I saw everybody standing around me, I thought I had died. And then I felt, I saw I could move my fingers and my feet. So I knew it was all right.”

So were the Packers. It was the final catch of a nine-reception, 108-yard night, the best game he’s had in some time. But his quarterback wasn’t surprised.

“He’s an extremely tough, tough individual,” Aaron Rodgers said. “He’s an incredible teammate, and I’m really proud to call him a friend. He played his butt off today. I mean, he was excellent. Took some shots, took a shot on the should-have-been touchdown, and took a shot there at the end.”

Cobb admitted he was still hurting, and would get his neck checked out today. But he passed a concussion test after the game, and thankfully, isn’t furniture.

44 responses to “Randall Cobb thought he was either dead or lawn furniture

1. kickinpuppies says:
    Oct 10, 2016 11:37 AM

Landon Collins was bringing the lumber last night.
    ********************************

2. Rewatch the play and take note of his push off of the dback before he made the catch. Nothing to see here, just how the Packers play.

3. fartweasel says:
    Oct 10, 2016 11:55 AM

——————-

You mean how every offense plays.

4. We must all forgive the Viking fans for their celebration, mockery and general obnoxiousness. Because after all:

Vikings 5-0
    Packers 3-1…and that one loss was to the Vikes. That’s right. They BEAT the Packers!!!

5. “He’s an extremely tough, tough individual,” Aaron Rodgers said. “He’s an incredible teammate, and I’m really proud to call him a friend.

says the qb who got him lit up

6. fartweasel says:
    Oct 10, 2016 11:55 AM

———————————————————

EVERY wide receiver does that, just like every offensive lineman holds on every play. It’s just a matter of how egregious it is and whether the refs call it.

7. “He’s an extremely tough, tough individual,” Aaron Rodgers said. “He’s an incredible teammate, and I’m really proud to call him a friend.

says the qb who got him lit up
    ========================

Hey Tool – Did you even see the play in question? He was running with ball and got hit in back.

8. The Packers a re getting themselves back on track more and more each week. The Vikings were lucky to catch them early. They know it too.

9. Randall Cobb, best field vision and awareness of any player on the field. A recent college graduate, always supporting his fellow UK athletes. Simply an outstanding player and person.

10. Vikings fans show how pathetic they are again. No surprise. It’s likely that more Vikings fans watched the Packers than their own team yesterday.

Having acknowledged their obsession with the Packers, I will say that I watched both games and the Vikings are coached extremely well. Even though the Packers have better players at every offensive position except TE, the Vikings put their players in a position to get open quickly and make plays, whereas McCarthy has Rodgers drop back, get a lot of time, and nobody gets open. They rarely use deception or picks (or even good routes) to help a receiver get open, whereas the Vikings had some really good illegal picks yesterday.

11. Saw that hit, and it looked pretty painful. Always hate to see injuries, even if it’s on a rival team. Hope it’s nothing serious and he makes it back to good health. That being said! Packer fans are grasping at staws to troll us, and I’ll leave them with one word… scoreboard. 😉

12. From a Vikings fan….
    Vikes – Packers is a fun rivalry.
    With that said, this is about a player avoiding a potential serious injury. I’m glad he is ok.

13. “Got folded up like a lawn chair,” Cobb said, via Ryan Wood of the Green Bay Press-Gazette. “I laid there for a second. Then I turned over and, like, I had 15 faces in front of me. So I thought I had died or something. They kind of scared me more than anything. Yeah, I took a shot, and it hurt, but whenever I saw everybody standing around me, I thought I had died. And then I felt, I saw I could move my fingers and my feet. So I knew it was all right.”
    ——————————————————-
    Funny guy! The visuals are incredible.

14. ruvelligwebuike says:
    Oct 10, 2016 12:02 PM

Vikings 5-0

________

Wow, you’re almost as obsessed with the Vikings as Cabbage is.

Please allow me to correct an inaccurate statement you made. There was no threat of contraction until 2000, which is nine years after the World Series championship that the Brewers have never won, not two years. This was also after nearly a decade of losing in the worst baseball stadium in history. Buying tickets to watch that team in that stadium is an act of insanity, not being a good fan.

I’m also wondering what support of the Twins in the ’90’s has to do with support of the Vikings. These are two different teams playing two different sports. Should I rip Packer fans for not supporting the Brewers or the Bucks?

Clearly, the Packers are having a great season in your mind. Can’t you just enjoy their performance without ripping the Vikings or Minnesota in literally every single comment you make?

15. arrowtoyourknee says:
    Oct 10, 2016 12:42 PM

Saw that hit, and it looked pretty painful. Always hate to see injuries, even if it’s on a rival team. Hope it’s nothing serious and he makes it back to good health. That being said! Packer fans are grasping at staws to troll us, and I’ll leave them with one word… scoreboard.😉
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Let me get this straight. In a story about the Packers that has nothing to do with the Vikings whatsoever, a half dozen of you sad little purple doggies are in here yip-yapping from the porch… and in your mind that equates to us trolling you?

Oh my. You’re perfect; just perfect. They might even make you the Head Purple. Please stick around. We’re going to have all kinds of fun with you.

Yip-yap, little doggy! Yip-yap!

16. lambeauleaper says:
    Oct 10, 2016 12:17 PM

fartweasel says:
    Oct 10, 2016 11:55 AM

———————————————————

****
    No, they actually don’t, you’re just so used to watching your guys do it, you think it’s ok and acceptable as long as it’s not called.

17. greenmtnboy31 says:

Oct 10, 2016 11:48 AM “You shouldn’t feel obligated to tell us about your night with Landon Collins. Some things are best left between the two of you.”
    ***************
    Ding ding ding ding! We have an early winnuh today!

18. “Their inability to handle this incredible amount of success is understood. They haven’t experienced it much, as their state and fans are perennial losers who haven’t seen a trophy since the ’91 Twins. 2 years later the Twins owner offered the team up for contraction because he couldn’t sell tickets…that’s how pathetically bandwagon these people are.”

Doubt this was from a Packer fan, Packer fans have more class than this.

19. Ha ha Viking trolls. Randall is what Percy Harvin was supposed to be, but you drafted a knucklehead, and Packers drafted a Mensch.

20. Pack defense and the offensive line looked great last night, although it looks like Nelson is still having difficulty getting separation. Should be down to the wire between the Pack and Vikes this season.

And cabbage guy, you and your brethren are reaping what you sowed by yip yapping like a second place chihuahua on nearly every Viking article posted since the season’s start.

21. Just wait, some marketing genius(?) at the NFL will soon be trying to sell you lawn chairs in the shape of your favorite NFL players.

22. purpleguy says:
    Oct 10, 2016 1:37 PM

—————————————–
    Hey, no chihuahua would ever rate as second place, last place only. Useless little excuse for a dog.

23. That three point at-home victory over the Packers gives Vikings fans something to talk about all season!

Waytogo guys!

24. Must be nice to be a Packer fan, you have such a good organization that any article about your success brings out the Vikings fans that should be happy to be 5-0 but still self conscious enough to need to comment on the article.

The trolling is strong with that fan base.

I’m an anti-Lion fan (I need them to lose games to get rid of that deer in headlights coach we have), so I pray that both the Vikes and Pack kill us the rest of the year.

25. 4sacroc says:
    Oct 10, 2016 12:27 PM

says the qb who got him lit up
    ========================

the games at lambeau are pre-ordained…just ask the refs

26. Panther fan perspective: Packers-Vikings is about the most entertaining back-and-forth in sports. Y’all keep it up, I’m having lots of fun reading it.

27. The Almighty Cabbage says:
    Oct 10, 2016 1:07 PM

________________________________________

Nice argument considering this is exactly what you do.

28. Randall was happy when “I saw I was able to move my fingers and toes…..”. So he moved his fingers back onto the top of his hands and his toes back onto the front of his feet.

29. Sounds like a Vikings fan who is still hurting because the Packers decided to move forward and pay Cobb, while his team paid Jennings more and got no production.

Someone who thinks one game (last week) makes his guy an All Pro. Three years – 40 catches and 500 yards and 2TD – Yes Cody you get what you pay for.

Cody – the Packers have the equivalent of Thielen on their roster, His name is Jeff Janis. They both had one great game and get paid 600K a year. The different is Janis is 7th on the depth charts and Thielen is the Vikings 3rd WR option.
    ———————————————————

codythao35 says:
    Oct 10, 2016 11:44 AM

What a waste the Packers paid this dude, can’t even make plays like no name Adam Thielen.