Packers fan stabs Vikings fan seven times

GREEN BAY, WI - DECEMBER 28:  A Green Bay Packers fan prepares for their game against the Detroit Lions at Lambeau Field on December 28, 2014 in Green Bay, Wisconsin.  (Photo by Chris Graythen/Getty Images) Getty Images

Zealous football fans sometimes take it too far, as evidenced by a recent incident in Wisconsin.

Via Michael Rand of the Minneapolis Star Tribune, a Packers fan allegedly stabbed a Vikings fan seven times on Sunday, following Minnesota’s 31-13 win over the Texans.

Dave Moschel of Stoughton, Wisconsin confronted a 21-year-old man who was vandalizing an inflatable Viking in Moschel’s yard. The fight that followed resulted in Moschel being stabbed on multiple occasions with a box cutter.

It could have been worse — for the attacker.

“Luckily, I didn’t have my concealed carry on me at the time,” Moschel said. “Ninety-nine percent of the time I leave the house, I never leave without it. And this is the one time I did. I’m kind of glad I did, because he would have been dead, and I would have had to live with that.”

Via Rand, the Vikings have invited Moschel to a future practice and the November 20 game against the Cardinals.

Permalink 161 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Green Bay Packers, Home, Minnesota Vikings, Rumor Mill
161 Responses to “Packers fan stabs Vikings fan seven times”
  1. kurdishpats1 says: Oct 11, 2016 6:29 PM

Packers fans are the worst.

2. tacowrecker says: Oct 11, 2016 6:29 PM

Things like this are just one of the many, many things I see everyday that make me feel sometimes like we all really deserve to get nuked

3. purpleguy says: Oct 11, 2016 6:29 PM

Rumor has it the attacker was named Tokyo Cabbage McNasty USDCoyote Shaggy Gerbschmidt.

4. publicenemy#1 says: Oct 11, 2016 6:29 PM

stay classy cheesecity! the vikings will own you this season just like they did last season

– lions fan

5. juice08 says: Oct 11, 2016 6:30 PM

A PFT commenter takes it too far.

6. amanistumor says: Oct 11, 2016 6:30 PM

This is what happens when you think your sister is pretty about 21 years ago today.

7. govikesskol says: Oct 11, 2016 6:31 PM

Wow. Some Packer fans really can’t handle not being at the top anymore. Classy move by the Vikes to invite this guy to a future practice and game though.

8. bluburt says: Oct 11, 2016 6:32 PM

Interesting…

9. ketch20too says: Oct 11, 2016 6:33 PM

Its a game played by people you will likely never meet and really don’t care about you except maybe in the abstract. How pathetic must your life be if you first destroy and the stab someone over an inflatable toy?

10. stellarperformance says: Oct 11, 2016 6:35 PM

I wish the guy had used his gun. The cuts look like slashes……all over his head. I have it on good authority the perpetrator was one among several dozen Viking fans simply pretending to be a Packer fan. It’s more common than you think. It’s all about self-respect issues.

11. numba1wiscosportsfan says: Oct 11, 2016 6:36 PM

Ugh. A black eye on my fellow PACK fans. Please know that we are not all like this. Most of us respect what Zim has built this year and wish we had it. GO. Pac- ah, I can’t even do it anymore. It’s over. Depressing.

12. doomsdaydefensetx says: Oct 11, 2016 6:36 PM

What a cheese head!

13. ariani1985 says: Oct 11, 2016 6:37 PM

are we surprised by this fecal performing fan base? let me guess, meth and booze?

14. ctiggs says: Oct 11, 2016 6:38 PM

We may break the comment record here.

15. bucsorbust says: Oct 11, 2016 6:38 PM

Huh? Getting cut nets an invite to a Vikes practice?

Man, what’s the going rate for an autograph?

16. ariani1985 says: Oct 11, 2016 6:39 PM

I bet it was fecal performance or frankie booth!

17. phonecops says: Oct 11, 2016 6:40 PM

This Packer fan finds it deplorable. No matter how much you like or dislike a team, violence is not the answer. Not all of us Packer fans are this obnoxious.

18. jimnaizeeum says: Oct 11, 2016 6:41 PM

Seriously sharp cheese

19. buckyhamm says: Oct 11, 2016 6:43 PM

shooting someone over vandalizing an inflatable Viking sounds reasonable.

20. In Teddy We Trust says: Oct 11, 2016 6:44 PM

Has anyone seen Gerbschmidt since Sunday afternoon?

21. dwilkinson1968 says: Oct 11, 2016 6:44 PM

C’mon, let’s be honest here. Anyone who’s been around Vikings fans can say without a doubt that the Vikings fan probably deserved to get stabbed.

Packer fan was trying to do the rest of us a favor.

22. 2manyconcussions says: Oct 11, 2016 6:44 PM

Dude gets caught vandalizing a Viking’s display in a guy’s yard. Logical thing for the vandal to do? Run? No, that would make sense. Better idea is to knife the owner…with a box cutter, no less–brilliant.

It makes perfect sense that he would be upset, since Minnesota had beaten his team. Actually no. MN had beaten the Texans. Makes perfect sense. Green Bay fan better go destroy the Viking in this dude’s lawn for beating the Texans. Can’t make this stuff up.

23. rjc32586 says: Oct 11, 2016 6:45 PM

bluburt says:
    Oct 11, 2016 6:32 PM

Interesting…
    ___________________________________

I think you may need to read it again.

24. willycents says: Oct 11, 2016 6:45 PM

Uhhh…Mr Blubart, sir. please read the article. The Packer fan was the one tearing up someone’s private property, then stabbed the owner of said property.

25. In Teddy We Trust says: Oct 11, 2016 6:46 PM

bluburt says:
    Oct 11, 2016 6:32 PM

______

You might want to read the story one more time.

26. skol4life says: Oct 11, 2016 6:46 PM

The Trolls are getting stabby now. Geesh!

27. switchwitch59 says: Oct 11, 2016 6:48 PM

bluburt says:
    Oct 11, 2016 6:32 PM

Interesting…
    —————————–
    Did you have that much trouble following the story? The dude that was rewarded is the one who was assaulted after his inflatable doll was assaulted by a Packers fan, he wasn’t the one committing assault, doofus. He has the right to defend his property, even if it is a stupid inflatable doll. Is that clear or do you need further explanation?

28. skol4life says: Oct 11, 2016 6:49 PM

stellarperformance says:
    Oct 11, 2016 6:35 PM
    ————————-
    Good work Sherlock. Case Closed

29. vikes8480 says: Oct 11, 2016 6:49 PM

bluburt says:
    Oct 11, 2016 6:32 PM

———————–
    Reading comprehension was never a strong point for you, eh?

30. doctorrustbelt says: Oct 11, 2016 6:50 PM

As a football fan… it pains me to admit that football fans are the lost common denominator in the sports fandom world.

31. secretomen00 says: Oct 11, 2016 6:50 PM

“c’mon green bay, this ain’t cleveland!!”

using my sam wyche voice.

32. bucsorbust says: Oct 11, 2016 6:51 PM

So let me get this straight. This dude goes onto another guy’s property and stabs him seven time.

In Florida, we call that self-defense.

33. idontliveinmymomsbasement says: Oct 11, 2016 6:53 PM

ketch20too says:
    Oct 11, 2016 6:33 PM

You are absolutely right. I’m as big a fan as the next guy but at the end of the day it’s just football. It’s things like this that makes me hate the Mayans. We should all be dead now.

34. chris6523 says: Oct 11, 2016 6:53 PM

Packers fans are the worst.

_______________________________

Yes, this and all the other incidents of Packer fans assaulting fans of other teams like that time……………………………??? Yeah, can’t think of another time.

35. kcarpenter1245 says: Oct 11, 2016 6:53 PM

Yes, the Vikings have beaten the Packers twice in a row. And yes they have beaten them by a combined 10 points. But, the Packers beat the Vikings earlier in the year by 17. Why do Vikings fans think they “own” the Packers? I don’t get it.

36. willycents says: Oct 11, 2016 6:54 PM

vandalizing an INFLATABLE Viking? Pack fans, just for my information, is it that hard to get a date in Wisconsin? Only fans I know who tear into inflatables are Patriot fans and their Brady blow-ups.

37. govikesskol says: Oct 11, 2016 6:55 PM

dwilkinson1968 says:
    Oct 11, 2016 6:44 PM

Packer fan was trying to do the rest of us a favor.
    ———————
    What kind of person even says this? To say someone deserves to be harmed based on what football team they cheer for is so pathetic.

38. ad28bestever says: Oct 11, 2016 6:55 PM

I live in GB and a huge Viking fan. In fact, I was just at Sunday’s game in Minnesota against the Texans.

Let me just say, I am not at all surprised in hearing this. GB fans are pathetic in every sense of the word.

Get well soon man, and make sure that idiot goes to prison where he belongs. Should have been going to the morgue, but maybe next time.

39. stellarperformance says: Oct 11, 2016 6:57 PM

skol4life says:
    Oct 11, 2016 6:49 PM
    stellarperformance says:
    Oct 11, 2016 6:35 PM
    ————————-
    Good work Sherlock. Case Closed
    ////////////////////////////////

Thanks. As I said, it’s more common than you think.

40. weepingjebus says: Oct 11, 2016 6:57 PM

“I was just defending myself from that big inflated Viking and his friend!”

41. maust1013 says: Oct 11, 2016 7:00 PM

gbpackersfan12 says:
    Oct 11, 2016 6:44 PM
    It’s hard to understand how something like this happens, and then you read the comments here. Both teams have 99% normal, respectable, diehard NFL fan base.
    It’s the 1% idiots like this that ruin it for everyone else.
    =============

Couldn’t agree more. Unfortunately a disproportionate amount of that 1% finds it’s way here.

42. purplepride11 says: Oct 11, 2016 7:01 PM

Wow some people really are that stupid that they can’t follow the story? Take a reading class and learn how to comprehend the written word.

43. 440Barracuda says: Oct 11, 2016 7:02 PM

buckyhamm says:
    Oct 11, 2016 6:43 PM
    shooting someone over vandalizing an inflatable Viking sounds reasonable.

————————

So. . . you don’t think the real reason he would have shot the other guy might have been because he was attacking him with a knife or boxcutter?

44. vikingsdefineaverage says: Oct 11, 2016 7:02 PM

Nice case of small man complex

45. smedley61 says: Oct 11, 2016 7:03 PM

Interesting that in none of stories is the name of the suspect given.

46. edelmanfanclub says: Oct 11, 2016 7:05 PM

Definitely a fight between the pftpoet and the Jeff Dahmer guy that frequently post here.

47. jag1959 says: Oct 11, 2016 7:06 PM

doctorrustbelt says:
    Oct 11, 2016 6:50 PM
    ______________

48. holmes707 says: Oct 11, 2016 7:07 PM

Terrible. It’s just a game! Let’s not forget that the word fan is short for fanatic.

To those who claim the Vikings will own the Pack this year…it’s week 6 and the Pack have 1 less win. Last I checked, the Vikings are tossing people on IR like a bodily function. The defense is great, and sadly I think the Vikes defense is playing to its full potential. Packers lost the the Vikes by 3 in a game that our offense looked terrible. We’ll see how it shapes up. Again, it’s only week 6.

49. Bubbalicious says: Oct 11, 2016 7:08 PM

Can’t we just all get along!

50. FlashPatterson says: Oct 11, 2016 7:09 PM

tacowrecker says:
    Oct 11, 2016 6:29 PM
    ———————————–
    I know you are kidding but that was stupid.

51. mackcarrington says: Oct 11, 2016 7:10 PM

This proves that millennials are worthless.

52. djvh2 says: Oct 11, 2016 7:10 PM

Unfortunately, some Packer fans are also Democrats and can’t deal with anyone who has a different viewpoint. Sad really.

53. FlashPatterson says: Oct 11, 2016 7:12 PM

kcarpenter1245 says:
    Oct 11, 2016 6:53 PM
    Yes, the Vikings have beaten the Packers twice in a row.
    ———————
    I’m gonna stop you right there since that’s the only part of your comment that matters. The rest is excuses.

54. doctorrustbelt says: Oct 11, 2016 7:15 PM

CNN reported that the packers fan (attacker) was in a jealous rage due to neighborhood whispers related to an ongoing affair between the inflatable Viking and the attacker’s own inflatable wife.

55. nomoreseasontix says: Oct 11, 2016 7:16 PM

The guy is glad he didn’t have his CCW on him?
    When else would you need it, idiot? You were being stabbed.
    Waiting for the apocolypse?

56. dirtyhelmet says: Oct 11, 2016 7:16 PM

bucsorbust says:
    Oct 11, 2016 6:51 PM
    In Florida, we call that self-defense

———————————————-

In Wisconsin we do too. I Have my Wisconsin permit and carry every day, largely because of people like this genius. This home owner would have been well within his rights. For those of you that don’t get it, it’s not about destroying this guys property. It is about assaulting him with a deadly weapon and doing it on his own property just as the icing on the cake. Would have been doing society a favor if he would have had his gun.

57. I'm not a football punk says: Oct 11, 2016 7:16 PM

As a die hard Packer fan living in Raider nation, this stuff happens at their games!

This guy is NOT a Packer fan, nor a real football fan.
    Fans may mock each other on these blogs, and have innocent fun, but to get physical and harm someone like this, is totally unexceptable.

I apologize to Viking nation for this idiots behavior.
    No need to insult the the rest of Packer nation.
    Turn the tables for a moment, because there’s always a few bad apples on every teams fan base.

58. chippys lost binky says: Oct 11, 2016 7:16 PM

Bubbalicious says:
    Oct 11, 2016 7:08 PM
    Can’t we just all get along!
    ++++++++++++=

Says the well known troll.

59. finchy74 says: Oct 11, 2016 7:17 PM

Typical. Can’t even finish the job, just like they couldn’t finish that 4th quarter drive in week 17.

60. doctorrustbelt says: Oct 11, 2016 7:18 PM

“Apparently you’ve never been to Europe. Soccer hooligans make the worst of NFL fans look like Mensa candidates”

– – – – – – – – – – – –

You are mistaken.

All you need to do is go to a NFL tailgate to see that 95% of NFL fans are drunken mouthbreathing embarrassments.

61. FoozieGrooler says: Oct 11, 2016 7:19 PM

The day I take any sport that seriously is the day I quit.

62. majormeatcurtains says: Oct 11, 2016 7:22 PM

buckyhamm says:
    Oct 11, 2016 6:43 PM
    shooting someone over vandalizing an inflatable Viking sounds reasonable

Come armed onto my property and see how reasonable I am. Knife, club, or gun, it’s getting really reasonable once you cross my families property line. Reasonably certain that calling the cops will be #2 on my to do list.

63. 250dollarnflowner says: Oct 11, 2016 7:25 PM

this doesn’t surprise me… have you seen Making a Murderer? the people of NE wisconsin have a lot of loose marbles.

64. switchwitch59 says: Oct 11, 2016 7:26 PM

willycents says:
    Oct 11, 2016 6:54 PM

——————————————-
    I didn’t know you were a Patriots fan. But you and your reflection do not count as “all” of anything.

65. contra74isloosebutthole says: Oct 11, 2016 7:26 PM

As much as Viking fans would like this to be normal packer behavior it is not. Lambeau is probably the most welcoming stadium in America. Most Packer fans find this guy’s behavior abhorrent. We like a little talk through the season as that adds to the fun but I find all of the NFC North fan bases to be stand up people for the most part. That said everyone should take care when visiting the opposing stadiums and try to avoid the .1% waaay too inebriated mean drunkards. I hope this guy gets a decent prison sentence.

66. drunkinsconnie says: Oct 11, 2016 7:28 PM

Their comments are > than yours. Clever.

67. stevegrogannakedbootleg says: Oct 11, 2016 7:29 PM

Good D

68. Purple People Eaters says: Oct 11, 2016 7:30 PM

Good times…

69. thegreatgabbert says: Oct 11, 2016 7:33 PM

Skol!

70. mnvikes1961 says: Oct 11, 2016 7:35 PM

Holy crap- people need to chill. Something like this happens over fricking football?

71. I'm not a football punk says: Oct 11, 2016 7:35 PM

250dollarnflowner,

Sounds like you can relate.
    You use a Green Bay user name, by mocking the price of the stock that the fans bought, to expand Lambeau Field, because they have no owner.
    Viking fans and non fans are being taxed by Billionaire owner on there new stadium.
    What makes more sense? I thought so.
    Who has the loose marbles now.

72. thegreatgabbert says: Oct 11, 2016 7:35 PM

Dave is recovering from his wounds and being treated for possible cheese poisoning from the box cutter.

73. tjacks7 says: Oct 11, 2016 7:35 PM

buckyhamm says:

shooting someone over vandalizing an inflatable Viking sounds reasonable.

Gee I wonder if he would have shot him for vandalizing an inflatable Viking or while being stabbed 7 times… The world may never know.

74. 61veloce says: Oct 11, 2016 7:36 PM

And the worst you hear about in Philly are 30+ yr. old stories about Santa, snowballs, and batteries. These stereotypes have no relevance.

75. thegreatgabbert says: Oct 11, 2016 7:36 PM

No word on the condition of the inflatable Viking, but it doesn’t look good.

76. mistyzhang says: Oct 11, 2016 7:37 PM

Geez when I get upset at my division rivals I usually just reference Aaron Rodgers questionable sexuality, APs fathering skills, Teddys small hands or just generally make fun of Jay Cutler. No need to stab.

77. hawkwind8 says: Oct 11, 2016 7:37 PM

It always amazes me how people can convict 2 million people for the actions of one…..

78. swhughes81 says: Oct 11, 2016 7:37 PM

Isn’t it obvious? He had to poop bad and was just letting out his frustrations because he still had a quarter of a mile to walk holding it in

79. mistyzhang says: Oct 11, 2016 7:43 PM

Report: Vikings place Vikings inflatable on IR

80. thecatalinawinemixer says: Oct 11, 2016 7:50 PM

As to the comments about the Vikings owning the Packers, that may be true– in the regular season. Which as we all know, and Packer fans especially (looking at you, 15-1 with a first game playoff exit), means zero. If I remember correctly, the Packers advanced further than the Vikings in the postseason, but ultimately both going nowhere. If anyone owns anyone, until this year’s playoffs, Seattle owns the Vikings and Arizona owns the Packers.

81. getadealdonealready says: Oct 11, 2016 7:50 PM

Oh great the inflatable Viking is the next to go on the IR, we just can’t catch a break

82. frank booth says: Oct 11, 2016 7:56 PM

61veloce says:
    Oct 11, 2016 7:36 PM
    ===================================
    Philly fans are the worst far and away. There are stories from 30 years ago, and there are far more recent stories. Like the guy at a Phillies game deliberately vomiting on an 11 year old a few years ago.

Had friends at the Stanley Cup finals against the Flyers and they were treated like garbage. Same guys went to the Finals in Boston and had a great time with the Boston fans.

Or fans outside of the Twins hotel walking up to Justin Morneau, asking for autographs while trying to be cute and ironic by saying “Please” but calling him derogatory names at the same time.

In 1998 the Eagles had a judge, jail, and court inside of the Vet to deal with Eagles fans. That’s pretty special. In Philly, it’s may not be everyone behaving like that, but they’ve certainly earned their reputation as sports fans, and overall, it’s a dirty, unwelcoming city.

83. cheeseisfattening says: Oct 11, 2016 7:57 PM

—————–
    Brown County Packer fans and non fans have been taxed by a billionaire team on their team’s stadium renovation and maintenance.

84. switchwitch59 says: Oct 11, 2016 8:03 PM

nomoreseasontix says:
    Oct 11, 2016 7:16 PM

The guy is glad he didn’t have his CCW on him?
    When else would you need it, idiot? You were being stabbed.
    Waiting for the apocolypse?
    ————————————
    He’s clairvoyant and knew the guy was armed with a box cutter? He wasn’t being stabbed until after he left his house. How many people do you know who walk around with a box cutter?

85. cribbage12 says: Oct 11, 2016 8:05 PM

In Teddy We Trust says:
    Oct 11, 2016 6:44 PM
    Has anyone seen Gerbschmidt since Sunday afternoon?

/////////////

You get a thumbs up and lol from me InTeddy!

86. Wisconsin's Favorite Son Jeffrey Be Dahmed says: Oct 11, 2016 8:05 PM

Dave Moschel was lucky. We do much worse to each other around here.

87. dcviking says: Oct 11, 2016 8:07 PM

I’m not a football punk says:
    Oct 11, 2016 7:16 PM

This guy is NOT a Packer fan, nor a real football fan.

I apologize to Viking nation for this idiots behavior.
    No need to insult the the rest of Packer nation.

————————————————

Thank you — an accurate summation.
    There is no need for YOU or any other Packer fan to apologize.

This guy is a not Packer fan just a moron — unfortunately, it could anywhere in this day.

88. trollaikman8 says: Oct 11, 2016 8:09 PM

“He will be invited to a Vikings practice”

Can he run between the tackles and pickup the blitz?

89. cribbage12 says: Oct 11, 2016 8:12 PM

Zimmer tells the Pioneer Press the inflatable doll is likely questionable for the game after the bye. Stay tuned….

90. manureman says: Oct 11, 2016 8:16 PM

What would you expect from an “NFL” owner? Buy some more worthless paper and keep cheering for your bushbay packers!!!!!

91. absolutevisuals says: Oct 11, 2016 8:17 PM

” Like the guy at a Phillies game deliberately vomiting on an 11 year old a few years ago. ”

A few years ago. More like 6 years ago, the Stanley cup finals was also 6 years ago. Meanwhile you had essentially a gang war in Candlestick park, and other fans being beaten to hell at other parks since then – and also stories like this.

92. jackedupboonie says: Oct 11, 2016 8:17 PM

Viking fans flood every post like the spring thaw. They still suck, and Seattle will show you how much if you make it to that level.

93. syphlo says: Oct 11, 2016 8:18 PM

The suspect is wearing a Chicago Bulls hat on his facebook pic. He is a Bears fan.

94. switchwitch59 says: Oct 11, 2016 8:23 PM

bucsorbust says:
    Oct 11, 2016 6:51 PM

In Florida, we call that self-defense.
    —————————————–
    Who’s confused, you or me? I call it assault when someone goes onto someone else’s property and stabs them, I think Florida(and 49 other states) call it that, too. Self-defense would be if the property owner shot the twerp who assaulted him.

95. whatjusthapped says: Oct 11, 2016 8:24 PM

Don’t forget, people were killed outside a 49er game a few years ago. Only an idiot would go to an Eagles game in Philly wearing another team’s jersey.

My only wish is the guy did bring his gun with him and shot the SOB dead on the spot. It’s not only instant justice, it’s karma to boot. But if it gets the Viking fans a chance to preen and throw insults, have at it. I personally would wait till my team won an actual playoff game, something the Vikings haven’t done since 2009

96. manureman says: Oct 11, 2016 8:24 PM

And by all means stay classy even through the paint thinner.

97. dimi1919 says: Oct 11, 2016 8:25 PM

edelmanfanclub says:
    Oct 11, 2016 7:05 PM

———–

That sir, is the post of the year.

98. frank booth says: Oct 11, 2016 8:26 PM

absolutevisuals says:
    Oct 11, 2016 8:17 PM
    ===================================
    Right. The Philly fans learned from these things a few years ago and they all really behave well now.

99. bucsorbust says: Oct 11, 2016 8:29 PM

If there is inflation to be done around here, it will be when I decide.
    Signed,
    Tom Brady

100. seals1 says: Oct 11, 2016 8:33 PM

Kudos sports fans. Ratings are plummeting because the generation that built the recent boom now are covered in kids and families and frankly have more important things to deal with than the Colin kaps of the world.

The next generation believes we should be nuked, eat pills like candy, believe everything is owed to them without working for it and spend all day staring at their phones like its a relationship.

Lord help us all. This isn’t about football it’s about our state of affairs.

101. wafflestomp says: Oct 11, 2016 8:35 PM

Umm…….can anybody on this site spare a few bucks for bail money.
    I’m in a bit of a jam.

102. getadealdonealready says: Oct 11, 2016 8:35 PM

jackedupboonie says:
    Oct 11, 2016 8:17 PM
    ———————————————–
    This is a thread that has “Vikings Fan” in the headlines, so why are you surprised vikings fans are responding to it?

103. trudger164 says: Oct 11, 2016 8:36 PM

I wonder if alcohol was involved in this incident??

104. getadealdonealready says: Oct 11, 2016 8:38 PM

cheeseisfattening says:
    Oct 11, 2016 7:57 PM
    —————–

Some people buy “fake stock” and some pay taxes, the only saving grace in our way is all those Cheeseheads that live in the twin cities are paying for our stadium……well at least the ones who work.

105. skol4life says: Oct 11, 2016 8:38 PM

I’ll admit I went to Lambeau once and was treated well. Everyone was nice, just some good natured ribbing. Even tailgated with a big group of cheeseheads and had some awesome brats. Also went to Arrowhead for a Vikes game. Chiefs fans are major Richards

106. filthymcnasty3 says: Oct 11, 2016 8:39 PM

I think we can all understand how something like that might happen, so who am I to judge.

What I can’t explain is why some Viking fan decided to shoot Linval Joseph. That one was a real head scratcher.

107. h0metownzero says: Oct 11, 2016 8:42 PM

The perp was booked into jail, and later presented with a community service award.

108. deltaoracle says: Oct 11, 2016 8:49 PM

An idiot pure and simple.
    Much as we mostly pretend differently, we’re cheering for highly paid mercenaries who care very little about what colors they’re wearing.
    Being something closely resembling a grown up is often useful, including circumstances like that one.

109. jag1959 says: Oct 11, 2016 8:50 PM

doctorrustbelt says:
    Oct 11, 2016 7:18 PM

– – – – – – – – – – – –

You are mistaken.

___________________

And soccer hooligans make them look like choir boys.

110. I'm not a football punk says: Oct 11, 2016 8:50 PM

cheeseisfattening says:
    Oct 11, 2016 7:57 PM
    —————–
    ———–
    Green Bay is not a Chicago, where you can tax more. You have a small town, that didn’t want a huge tax, so 0.5 was the amount they voted on. It has been paid in full since then, with the help of the fans buying stock as well as the Packers chipping in from their profit they make each year, which isn’t even close to what a real owner would make.
    I don’t know what your referring to about the Packers being a billionaire team? Maybe that’s what their net worth is, but it doesn’t amount to what they have.
    The Viking owner has more than $477 million. That’s what he put in, and the rest of the $800 million the public have to pay for.
    Doesn’t seem fair.

Basically you have a small 200,000 person community, that has to compete against these large cities.
    You’d do the same thing if your team was in the same situation. If you say no, then you’re not a die hard fan, you’re just a guy that likes to get fat while eating a lot of cheese, watching the Vikings play.
    That’s what I’m picturing from your username.

111. vikingsnyc5 says: Oct 11, 2016 8:53 PM

This story is crazy. What moron goes on someone else’s property destroys something and instead of running stabs the guy? Not all Packer fans are obnoxious like this but even you guys have to disown this idiot. That kinda stuff gets you shot here in NYC. Damn!!

112. switchwitch59 says: Oct 11, 2016 8:58 PM

filthymcnasty3 says:
    Oct 11, 2016 8:39 PM

————————————–
    Better think again, I certainly can’t understand how something like that could happen and I doubt many other people can either. Anyone who takes a game that seriously needs their head examined.

113. fansince68 says: Oct 11, 2016 9:01 PM

I don’t like the Packers and their whiny, prima donna QB, but I have several Packer fans as friends. They are great, hardworking dudes who pelt me with grief when Minnesota’s losing but take the same when they’re not. That’s their team for whatever reason, and the reason is good enough for me.

This guy doesn’t represent Packer fans, or fans from any team. He represents a population of nutcases. That number is increasing, in case you haven’t noticed.

114. philtration says: Oct 11, 2016 9:38 PM

FoozieGrooler says:
    Oct 11, 2016 7:19 PM
    The day I take any sport that seriously is the day I quit.

=====================================

I have never taken it that seriously but I am moving closer and closer to quitting anyway.
    Just too much greed, stupid drama bad managment of the league and then there is the nonsense like this including some of the deranged comments right here.

My interest in and my love for the game is being tested and I am running out of reasons to fight against it.

115. frank booth says: Oct 11, 2016 9:48 PM

syphlo says:
    Oct 11, 2016 8:18 PM
    ===================================
    Wouldn’t a Chicago Bulls hat more likely indicate that he’s a Chicago Bulls fan?

116. thegreenandcold says: Oct 11, 2016 9:58 PM

This is not represntative of the Packer fan base.

Wish the best for the victim.

In the end it’s really pointless to argue over football. Objectively, the Vikings are the better team at the moment. Subjectively, the Packers seem to be better suited for post season play and it’s unreasonable to assume Sam Bradford will be healthy and/or turnoverless come December.

Enjoy your 5-0 start Vikings fans. We all know it’s good fun to watch and gloat about our favorite sports teams.

117. taintedsaints2009 says: Oct 11, 2016 10:02 PM

if you asked the city of Green Bay, heck, the entire packer fan base in the country…what would you rather have? A house to live in or a super Bowl? I guarantee you there would be a lot of homeless cheese heads walking around.

118. bigdogsolec says: Oct 11, 2016 10:31 PM

EVERYBODY , posters on here AN EVERYONE WORLD WIDE.
    YOU ALL need to understand …
    IT’S JUST A GAME
    a game where EVERYONE SHOULD HAVE FUN ,
    yes i can understand a rivalry
    my brother inlaw is a pack fan , i’m a VIKES fan .
    Do we fight “argue ” ??

WE ARE FOOTBALL FANS .
    we talk about
    ALL FOOTBALL new rules, how 1 team made it 1st to “not so good “.
    What happened to last yrs #2, the trades
    YES i’m not a pack fan,He’s not a Vike fan but WE know a good football team when we see it .
    no fighting ,no arguing
    JUST PLAIN FOOTBAll FUN

119. mnmark says: Oct 11, 2016 10:51 PM

Small town kid that dreams of going to his first game and two fans spoil it for LIFE for him as a witness! You win and you lose and when you take it this far as a fan in the midwest you have spoiled it for the 99.9% that wouldn’t even think about this behavior on both sides of the river. Let’s learn to get back to the roots of morality that has drifted away from society and ripped us to hell. Look at the election and it speaks volumes of who we truly become to be. Absolutely ridiculous!

120. johnnytarr says: Oct 11, 2016 11:17 PM

holmes707 says:
    Oct 11, 2016 7:07 PM

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

……. with a QB that had been in the system 2 weeks.

121. unmercifulone says: Oct 11, 2016 11:37 PM

“stellarperformance says: I have it on good authority the perpetrator was one among several dozen Viking fans simply pretending to be a Packer fan. It’s more common than you think. It’s all about self-respect issues.”

Once more you have shown exactly why real NFL fans are laughing at the Slackers idiotic cheesehead shareholders.

122. zygizag says: Oct 12, 2016 12:38 AM

I am glad that the person is not dead. Sounds like the Viking fan is a genuine nice guy who does not want to hurt people. I hope the Packer fan, if proven guilty, gets what is appropriate in the law. Hopefully being given an opportunity to live he will mature a bit and be a better human being.

123. 15412pack says: Oct 12, 2016 1:58 AM

Get your act together Stoughton. Shameful.

124. footballisnotthatimportant says: Oct 12, 2016 5:15 AM

The spoils of degeneracy and caring about football WAY TOO MUCH

125. stellarperformance says: Oct 12, 2016 8:01 AM

The guy was wearing a Cubs hat.

126. idurenn says: Oct 12, 2016 8:12 AM

The attacker is lucky he’s not dead.

In a radio interview, the victim said he carries his pistol 90% of places he goes. He just happened to not have it on him in the comfort of his home.

127. fmc651 says: Oct 12, 2016 9:16 AM

chris6523 says:
    Oct 11, 2016 6:53 PM
    Packers fans are the worst.
    _____________________________

))))))))))))))
    That’s your comment about the stabbing? Sure Chris, there has never been an incident before from a packer fan. Nobody believes that.

128. stellarperformance says: Oct 12, 2016 10:06 AM

fmc651 says:
    Oct 12, 2016 9:16 AM
    //////////////////////////////////

Of course there have been incidents involving Packer fans. But who said this perpetrator was a Packer fan? Maybe he was just a drunken vandal jerk.

My neighbors kids had their large inflatable black cat slashed on Halloween a few years back. I’m pretty sure it was done by a random vandal, not a rival dog lover that hated cats.

129. All-American Voltron says: Oct 12, 2016 10:26 AM

Packer fans weren’t like this in previous eras. not even close …

130. bojesphob says: Oct 12, 2016 10:44 AM

unmercifulone, I am a Packers fan living in Bengals territory. I was severely upset when the the city and county councils voted to throw taxpayer money at the Bengals to give them a new stadium mainly because the Browns could have afforded to build it mostly themselves. And, to add insult to injury, they agreed to fund enhancements to the stadium for years to come after it was built. Then, the person who championed the cause quit the council and is now employed by the team. I THANKFULLY don’t live in Hamilton County anymore, so I don’t have to pay property taxes to those baffoons.

On the flip side, when the Packers renovated Lambeau last, they used no funds from taxes to pay for it. They sold stock (which I gladly bought some of) so that they could fund it without forcing people who may not care about the football team to pay for it. That’s how it SHOULD be done, because the burden is on those that decide it’s worth taking it on, not imposing on everyone regardless of whether they get any benefit from it or not.

That’s one of the reasons I’m a Packers fan, even though that particular instance didn’t occur until after I had been a fan for over a decade. I don’t mind rooting for a team that’s ownership is comprised of the fans that root for the team, instead of ballooning the ego of a millionaire/billionaire owner (see: Jerry Jones). Don’t get me wrong, though, that doesn’t make me any better of a football fan than others liking other teams, the Packers just line up as a franchise with my own personal values (importance of history, caring about their fans and players, among other things), which is why I’m also a Cincinnati Reds fan despite their recent bad choices in GM and personnel.

131. stellarperformance says: Oct 12, 2016 12:32 PM

Hey, check out the latest Forbes report regarding NFL fans, published last week. Very interesting.

132. cheeseisfattening says: Oct 12, 2016 12:50 PM

—–
    Packer fans live in such a false fantasy world about how their team is run and thinking it is much better than those ‘evil billionaire owner’ who use tax payers to help pay for their stadiums.

“At the end of Wednesday(9/29/2015), the 0.5 percent, Brown County-only sales tax used to renovate Lambeau Field in 2003 is done. Ended. Kaput.

“It was passed for a specific purpose and that purpose was accomplished and it ended as it was required to end according to state statute,” said Patrick Webb, executive director of the Green Bay/Brown County Professional Football Stadium District, which administered tax proceeds. “It is a tax that ended, even though a lot of people said it might not.”

The money was used to pay for $160 million in bonding for the $295 million renovation of Lambeau Field in 2003, and to provide the Green Bay Packers with a capped amount of maintenance and operations reimbursement annually through the end of the lease in 2031. The stadium is owned by the city of Green Bay and the stadium district. The Packers own some of the improvements.

The sales tax went into effect on Nov. 1, 2000, after Brown County voters approved it by a 53-47 margin that September. Voter turnout was 56.8 percent of eligible voters.

Through this month, the tax provided $300.3 million. “

133. Mad Chef says: Oct 12, 2016 12:53 PM

buckyhamm says:
    Oct 11, 2016 6:43 PM
    shooting someone over vandalizing an inflatable Viking sounds reasonable.

////////////////////////////////////////////////////

No, he would have been justified in shooting him for attacking him with the box cutter. Reading comprehension on these sites is appaling. That 21 year old kid is very lucky he’s in a warm jail today and not a cold morgue.
    I’m a Chef and I carry

134. silvernblacksabbath says: Oct 12, 2016 1:07 PM

Dear Packer fans, please don’t act like Raider fans.. lol J/K Bad apples in every group!

-Raider fan

135. cheeseisfattening says: Oct 12, 2016 1:08 PM

stellarperformance says:
    Oct 12, 2016 12:32 PM

/////////

Does that Forbes article cover the most likely fan base to get drunk, pick a fight, vandalize property and then stab somebody because the cheer for a different fan base?

136. wiscobball says: Oct 12, 2016 1:16 PM

Guy was a Texans fan living in Wisconsin.

137. lambeaudungbarn says: Oct 12, 2016 1:53 PM

Packer Fan…..This is what happens when a football team becomes more important in life than anything else.
    I have a Packer fan friend you can count on missing work the day after a loss.

138. bicyclebill2000 says: Oct 12, 2016 2:04 PM

“Luckily, I didn’t have my concealed carry on me at the time,” Moschel said.  “Ninety-nine percent of the time I leave the house, I never leave without it.  And this is the one time I did.  I’m kind of glad I did, because HE WOULD HAVE BEEN DEAD, and I would have had to live with that.”    (……..emphasis mine)

And there you have it, folks.  A person who, we must suppose, had applied for, was found to be qualified, and was granted the privilege to carry a concealed gun freely admits that he would have killed another human being over …… an inflatable balloon.

*sigh*

139. stellarperformance says: Oct 12, 2016 2:05 PM

cheeseisfattening says:
    Oct 12, 2016 1:08 PM
    ////////////////////////////////////////////

I didn’t see the Viking fans mentioned. Sorry.

140. stellarperformance says: Oct 12, 2016 2:23 PM

cheeseisfattening says:
    Oct 12, 2016 12:50 PM
    /////////////////////////////////////

You’re missing the point…..again.

No one is denying a public tax was necessary, but it was only $300M and it’s over. The money generated from selling souvenir stock certificates made it unnecessary to tax non-fans any further. The balance was paid directly by Packer fans. Sweet.

In contrast, the US Bank publicly taxed portion of the construction tab is currently at $875,000,000.00 and growing, because of interest payments. It may never end.

Please write this down for future reference.

141. contra74 says: Oct 12, 2016 2:41 PM

stellarperformance says:
    Oct 12, 2016 12:32 PM
    —-
    No thanks.

Ill base my judgment on the fans who come on here making fun of people that died on a MN bridge collapse, players that died during training camp, play injuries, and stabbings over inflatables.

Im good.

142. nfl0fans says: Oct 12, 2016 2:44 PM

Dan Devine’s dog remembers this type of behavior happening before.

143. fmc651 says: Oct 12, 2016 2:45 PM

))))))))))))))))
    Stop with this fairy tale. It is completely untrue. They did use a Brown county tax to pay for the renovation. so yes the people of wisconsin were taxed just like any other area. You aren’t as special as you think you are.

144. zackselzman says: Oct 12, 2016 2:58 PM

Not a single word from the Packers organization. Real classy.

No disavowal, no condolences or wishes for a speedy recovery, no expressions of shock or disappointment that a Packers fan would do that. Just another regular day in Packerland.

145. cheeseisfattening says: Oct 12, 2016 3:01 PM

“On the flip side, when the Packers renovated Lambeau last, they used no funds from taxes to pay for it.’

“No one is denying a public tax was necessary”

What is up with Packer fan reading comprehension on this thread? It is downright awful.

I am not trying to compare whose public tax is worse. e.g. Packers have a flat sales tax on everything purchased in Brown county where the Viking tax is a only sin/gambling tax. I am pointing out to those who specifically think the Packers only use stock sales AND NOT public taxes to pay for Lambeau that the Packers indeed use public taxes and stop believing in their fantasy. Please try to keep up.

BTW, I also know that Packer stock sales have paid for Mark Murphy’s and Ted Thompson’s summer homes away from Green Bay.

146. stellarperformance says: Oct 12, 2016 3:27 PM

cheeseisfattening says:
    Oct 12, 2016 3:01 PM

“No one is denying a public tax was necessary”
    //////////////////////////////////////////////////

You are trying to make one statement from the comments of two different people.

Who do you think you are, Donald Trump?

147. stellarperformance says: Oct 12, 2016 3:32 PM

“The expansion of the south end zone will add roughly 6,600 seats to Lambeau Field beginning with the 2013 season, and the Packers won’t be asking for any taxpayer dollars to pay for it. That’s the crux of the stadium development plans announced by the Packers on Thursday. The expansion of the south end zone will conclude a three-year redevelopment phase of the stadium that began with the installation of a new sound system this year.”

The fan commenting above clearly said: “When the Packers LAST renovated Lambeau Field…..they used no taxes to pay for it.”

He was right.

148. stellarperformance says: Oct 12, 2016 3:43 PM

fmc651 says:
    Oct 12, 2016 2:45 PM
    ////////////////////////////////////

I guess you haven’t checked out the Forbes article yet? And I assume you saw the bit above about the poster being CORRECT about no taxes used for the LAST Lambeau Field renovation?

149. stellarperformance says: Oct 12, 2016 3:46 PM

nfl0fans says:
    Oct 12, 2016 2:44 PM
    Dan Devine’s dog remembers this type of behavior happening before.
    ////////////////////////////////

Really? That’s interesting. Was he reincarnated as you?

If he was, you of all people should be able to testify it was a neighboring farmer that shot his dog for killing sheep, after repeated and well-documented warnings.

150. cheeseisfattening says: Oct 12, 2016 4:15 PM

greenbaypressgazette January 3, 2015

The 0.5 percent sales tax helped pay for the $295 million renovation of Lambeau Field, which was completed in 2003. The renovation made possible the Green Bay Packers continued success on and off the field. By giving the Packers year-round revenue, and more game-day revenue, the renovation made it possible for professional sports’ smallest market to pay for players it needed to win.

It also made it possible for the Packers to add $310 million in expansion and improvements to Lambeau Field in the past three years and purchase a large amount of land around Lambeau Field for future development.

151. stellarperformance says: Oct 12, 2016 4:23 PM

cheeseisfattening says:
    Oct 12, 2016 4:15 PM
    greenbaypressgazette January 3, 2015

/////////////////////////////////////

Forgot about future development. Titletown USA! Sweet! All paid for. Unlike the US Bank Stadium that won’t be paid off before it needs to be replaced.

152. coltluger says: Oct 12, 2016 8:01 PM

Go to a Seattle game wearing the opposing team’s apparel. I’ve seen Vikings games at Lambeau, Miluakee, Soldier, Candlestick and Denver. Fans were gracious and fun in each place, except Seattle. I feared for my and my wife’s safety – no exaggeration.

The 12th man in a meth head with a snoot full of booze and a serious case of roid rage.

153. lambeaudungbarn says: Oct 12, 2016 8:24 PM

What the Hell does a Packer Fan Stabbing a Vikings Fan have to do with Stadium funding?

154. lnfinite says: Oct 12, 2016 11:59 PM

And Vikings will win again at Green Bay this year. No doubt Packer fans will hate it.

155. All Knowing says: Oct 13, 2016 8:34 AM

Interesting a terrible report such as this still brings out the snarky remarks from Vikings fans – cowards hiding behind their computer monitors. Sad Vikes fans, real sad.

156. Robert says: Oct 13, 2016 1:32 PM

Vaider fans are looking pretty good.

It’s Vaiders Baby!

157. filthymcnasty3 says: Oct 13, 2016 4:56 PM

Feel good story of 2016.

158. tm81blog says: Oct 14, 2016 8:11 AM

Not all Packers fan are like this but I would bet money that overall they are the most irrational people on the planet. They are “owners” and “share holders” which is a joke in itself.
    Drunk, cheese filled, sink pissers is their calling card.
    #getareallife
    #dolt

159. coltluger says: Oct 14, 2016 5:46 PM

tm81blog says:
    Oct 14, 2016 8:11 AM

Drunk, cheese filled, sink pissers is their calling card
    )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

“Drunk, cheese filled, sink pissers.”

My new favorite description.

160. nyneal says: Oct 14, 2016 6:27 PM

kurdishpats1 says:
    Oct 11, 2016 6:29 PM
    Packers fans are the worst.

______________________________________

This is the kind of brainless comment I expect from some fans. He (or she) blames every Packers fan for the actions of one idiot.
    You’re doing the same thing the blacks are doing to the police.
    The truth is, there are a-holes everywhere and because of the liberal mentality in this country now, they are more brazen than ever because they know they won’t be held accountable.
    I’m a Packers fan and I’d love to serve on the jury when they try this clown who stabbed the Vikings fan. I’d vote to hang him by his thumbs so he’d never stab anyone again.

161. goskinsgo says: Oct 18, 2016 12:22 PM

“So the Vikings reward a dude that was “assaulting” someone’s private property and probably should have been cited with an invite to practice all because a Packer fan was even more stupid?”

+++++

I think you got that backwards… try reading it again SLOWLY