Dez Bryant takes on Skip Bayless, wins

Cold Pizza host Skip Bayless on the ESPN set in Miami, Florida on February 1, 2007. (Photo by Allen Kee/Getty Images) *** Local Caption *** Getty Images

Cowboys receiver Dez Bryant has missed the last two games. But that hasn’t kept him from #winning.

Bryant, who has had periodic kerfuffles with notorious hot-take short-order cook Skip Bayless, found himself in another dustup with Bayless on Wednesday, after Bayless suggested that the Cowboys are better off “without the old Dez,” who thought the team revolved around him.

“Thank you bro never thought that once,” Bryant said on Twitter. “Always dreamed of a family feel and we have it. . . . Skip is not a real cowboy fan.” Bryant added a hashtag with the term “bandwagon.”

Said Bayless in response: “Hey : Now I’m a bandwagon Cowboy fan? Yep, guess I have been since the 1st Cowboy game I attended as a fan, Nov. 5, 1961.”

Then came the hammer from Dez, who found a tweet from Bayless in 2009 in which he said, “For the record, I am NOT a Cowboys fan.”

Check. And mate.

Maybe Dez is the one who should be getting paid way too much money to cook up hot takes. At least he’d be more consistent. He couldn’t be any less consistent.

Permalink 48 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Dallas Cowboys, Home, Rumor Mill
48 Responses to “Dez Bryant takes on Skip Bayless, wins”
  1. scoops1 says: Oct 13, 2016 10:26 AM

Skip is a Joke!!!!

someone needs to Skip an ol fashion curb stomp..American History X style

2. medialovesthecowboys says: Oct 13, 2016 10:28 AM

Somewhere Troy Aikman is smiling.

3. hgamatt says: Oct 13, 2016 10:32 AM

Every time Skip Bayless gets a mention on the internet, an angel loses its wings.

4. kolbe213 says: Oct 13, 2016 10:35 AM

Bayless is THE clown among clowns …

5. tremoluxman says: Oct 13, 2016 10:35 AM

All you need to know about Skippy’s alleged football analytical expertise is on a YouTube video where he’s going orgasmic over Manziel’s skills and future.

6. joetoronto says: Oct 13, 2016 10:35 AM

In case anybody still wondered just how stupid Skip Bayless is.

7. zoellner25 says: Oct 13, 2016 10:37 AM

Skip Bayless is the biggest frigging tool in sports media

8. jspyle says: Oct 13, 2016 10:37 AM

Now this is funny. Kudos to you Dez. I’m not a big Dez fan, but I’m far less a fan of Skip Clueless. Just another on air hot air bag that changes his story with the direction of the wind. Glad Dez called him out!

9. scrp2 says: Oct 13, 2016 10:39 AM

Not a lot of people know how old Skip is. When he attended that game in 1961 he was already a freshman in college.

10. DitkasHair says: Oct 13, 2016 10:41 AM

Skip is a clown…we drove him out of Chicago, just like the hamster Jay Marriatti.

Just for the record, I’m not a Cowboys fan either.

11. patsfan4lifesbchamps says: Oct 13, 2016 10:43 AM

Drops mic

12. thegenghiskahn88 says: Oct 13, 2016 10:44 AM

Take your L in stride, Mr Bayless

13. vottorific says: Oct 13, 2016 10:45 AM

Same with Smith. Total waste of time listening the those two clowns.

14. hunst009 says: Oct 13, 2016 10:48 AM

He’s the worst – same guy that said Tebow is better than Rodgers and so many outrageous claims. Honestly, I hate they I read the article because it’s one more click for him and more attention.

15. winged warrior says: Oct 13, 2016 10:57 AM

wow , the name dez bryant and the ‘the high ground’ being connected ? the sky is falling . i think i see hailey’s comet .

16. dohczeppelin says: Oct 13, 2016 10:57 AM

Ha. Owned.

17. sirmetaphor says: Oct 13, 2016 10:59 AM

Can’t believe Bayless stays relevant. If I hear/see him on any broadcast, I turn it off.

How long will it take for producers to realize people actually despise him?

18. Kelly's Chronicles says: Oct 13, 2016 11:00 AM

I used to read his stuff in the paper when I lived in Dallas many years ago. He knew nothing then. He knows nothing now. The only thing he gets paid for is to stir the pot to get people to watch. If you get a chance head over to youtube and watch what Mark Cuban does to him. It is hilarious.

19. gixrider says: Oct 13, 2016 11:03 AM

I was beginning to type that Skip is the absolute worst…..and then I thought of Steven A. It’s like choosing between dying a horrible painful death or a painful horrible death.

20. finchy74 says: Oct 13, 2016 11:03 AM

Why is Dez even acknowledging Skip’s existence? The sooner everyone learns to ignore Skip, the sooner he’ll go away.

21. j huber says: Oct 13, 2016 11:04 AM

Bayless is a POS, and his opinions suck. He would be a perfect fit at the National Inquirer, because he lacks talent.

22. paulieorkid says: Oct 13, 2016 11:05 AM

Bayless is trash — but he’s made a sick amount of money as an inane provocateur with childish positions that often contradict one another.

As much as I have zero respect for the guy, he’s actually getting over with his lame-ass schtick.

23. flyeaglesfly79 says: Oct 13, 2016 11:05 AM

As an Eagles fan, I’m not usually able to say this…but I am super happy to see Dez win that one. Mad props.

Guys like Skip Bayless and Stephen A. Smith exist only to stir the pot. They belong on a tabloid site – they’ve proven that they don’t deserve to be associated with any reputable news outlet.

24. dietrich43 says: Oct 13, 2016 11:14 AM

In a battle of wits, Skip Bayless is an unarmed man.

25. bleedingfacemask says: Oct 13, 2016 11:22 AM

As the 1337 would say, Skip got pwn3n.

26. getyourownname says: Oct 13, 2016 11:27 AM

Good for Dez, but truthfully, taking on Skip and winning is an extremely low hurdle.

27. brendafortheboyz says: Oct 13, 2016 11:45 AM

hgamatt says:
    Oct 13, 2016 10:32 AM
    In my opinion, this statement applies even moreso, to Stephen A!!! He is a totally obnoxious Cowboy and Romo hater, for no good reason! Course, that is like saying one apple is more rotten than the other….lol

28. noringcircus says: Oct 13, 2016 11:47 AM

All I need to know about Skip is that he wanted Texans to draft Manziel with the first pick.

29. athwartships says: Oct 13, 2016 11:55 AM

Skip’s idiocy is only eclipsed by his new co-host’s…and that is saying a lot.

Success built on flamboyant nonsense and pot stirring. Nothing actually constructive. Sad little man.

30. hippieway says: Oct 13, 2016 11:59 AM

It’s beyond my comprehension that Skip and Steven A still have an audience.

31. thefootballblogger23 says: Oct 13, 2016 12:03 PM

32. shootahcowboy says: Oct 13, 2016 12:08 PM

Dez, never try to get into it with a moron.

They bring you down to their level and beat you with experience…

33. tajuara says: Oct 13, 2016 12:12 PM

Skip has made a lucrative career just being a mega troll, there is hope for some people…

34. dlb4180 says: Oct 13, 2016 12:13 PM

I Enjoy Watching Skip He makes me laugh. Its funny how mad he makes people sometimes. I don’t take him seriously or respect his opinions I just think he’s entertaining some times. Plus he is on FS1 now so im surprised Dez even heard about what he said.

35. learysdisciples says: Oct 13, 2016 12:17 PM

All you gotta do is ask Skip about his brother Rick. That will send him over the edge.

36. eldoradogeorge says: Oct 13, 2016 12:31 PM

Skip Bayless is a turd.

37. intrafinesse says: Oct 13, 2016 12:36 PM

Besting a moron in a conversation / twitter war is a waste of your time.

38. TheodoreBabyHandsBustAqua says: Oct 13, 2016 12:37 PM

Skip Bayless is a genius. Let me explain.

Skip Bayless chose to take the villainous troll role in the sports world; a world where so many people pay attention and talk about what you say and do. He doesn’t believe in half the stuff he says, but he gets people talking about his comments and gets more clicks and mentions on-line which in turn, makes him more money. He’s literally laughing at how serious people take him to the bank. Myself? Other than this post, I choose to not pay him no attention.

But go ahead guys, get mad over a nobody.

39. TheDPR says: Oct 13, 2016 12:43 PM

Skip isn’t a name. It’s what you should do every time you get a chance to see or hear him.

40. justbegbaby says: Oct 13, 2016 12:47 PM

Wait! I thought Bayless owned the Cowboys. Every show he moans about “My Cowboys.”

41. justbegbaby says: Oct 13, 2016 12:48 PM

He owns the Spurs as well. Powerful man. Mark Cuban, look out!

42. vonmillertime says: Oct 13, 2016 12:48 PM

Richard Sherman was right about Bayless. He is terrible at life.

43. djvh2 says: Oct 13, 2016 1:14 PM

Despise Dallas & Dez but way to go on this one. Also, first time Florio posted an opinion in which I agree.

44. dreadnok89 says: Oct 13, 2016 1:28 PM

Stop the madness. Dez the clown is worthless and has been off the field more than on after that contract. Drops more tds than catches. I would trade home for better secondary in a heartbeat

45. abninf says: Oct 13, 2016 1:30 PM

As the millennials say…… Skip got OWNED

46. usg1 says: Oct 13, 2016 1:45 PM

As an Eagles fan, I hate the Cowboys…… But I hate Bayless so much more. All he is, is a loudmouth. He has no knowledge, nor connections.

Thumbs up to Bryant from an Eagles fan.

47. doe22us says: Oct 13, 2016 1:45 PM

Back then when it was cold pizza with Jay, Woody and Skip, it was good TV, but the past couple of years when BSPN went to doodoo they all became an insufferable bore.

48. bobthebillsfan says: Oct 13, 2016 1:49 PM

Hey Kelly’s Chronicles s – I just watched the youtube video. Cuban was great. “You think people care about what you think – they don’t”. Hilarious. And that was just one jab at Skippy. Thanks for the post.