Cameron Wake not thinking about a possible trade

MIAMI GARDENS, FL - SEPTEMBER 01:  Cameron Wake #91 of the Miami Dolphins looks on during a preseason game against the Tennessee Titans at Hard Rock Stadium on September 1, 2016 in Miami Gardens, Florida.  (Photo by Mike Ehrmann/Getty Images) Getty Images

Dolphins defensive end Cameron Wake has never been to the playoffs, and likely won’t go back this year — unless it’s as a member of a different team.

But the veteran pass-rusher said he’s not thinking about the possibility of being traded, even as the Dolphins have made a number of other moves lately that signal their emphasis may not be on the present.

Via Adam Beasley of the Miami Herald, Wake was asked if it was more important to him to stay with one team his entire career or winning.

“It’s not a ‘which one’s more important,’” Wake said. “I just want to win. Obviously, I’m here in Miami and I’ll be here as long as they have me, and I’ll do everything I can to make sure Miami’s a winner. I’m not concerned with going anywhere else, doing anything else. . . .

“Like I said, as long as they’ll have me, I’ll be here. And as long as I’m able, I’ll do whatever I can to make this a winning team.”

The 34-year-old Wake has a single sack this year, as he comes back from a torn Achilles. The Dolphins extended his contract by a year in the spring, but could save cash and cap space by dealing him before the Nov. 1 deadline.

Permalink 24 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, Miami Dolphins, Rumor Mill
24 Responses to “Cameron Wake not thinking about a possible trade”
  1. blitzinc43 says: Oct 14, 2016 9:06 AM

As a close friend of the organization, it is headlines like these that make other veteran signings (such as Arian Foster, Kenny Stills, Jordan Cameron) seem like a big waste.
    I still think they will give the ball to Foster so that they can get some sort of ROI, and he may do well because he has a lot to prove, but at the end of the season it will be all for naught.

2. dcpatfan says: Oct 14, 2016 9:13 AM

I’d recite the same lie even though in my mind I am dying to be traded to a certain division rival.

3. 12coltsfan12 says: Oct 14, 2016 9:33 AM

He’s going to have to take some time off a la James Harrison and re-juice to re-juvinate his career…maybe another year in Canada to ‘inject’ some spring back in his step?
    S
    T
    E
    R
    O
    I
    D
    S

4. harrisonhits2 says: Oct 14, 2016 9:45 AM

I can have a little sympathy for getting stuck on bottom feeder for years.

But not really given what the guy has gotten paid. He made his choice to stay in Miami when he could have possibly gone somewhere else.

5. chadsmith013 says: Oct 14, 2016 9:53 AM

yeah I’m a friend of the organization too.

6. Nofoolnodrool says: Oct 14, 2016 9:59 AM

harrisonhits2 says:
    Oct 14, 2016 9:45 AM
    I can have a little sympathy for getting stuck on bottom feeder for years.

0 1

As a team jumping bandwagon fanboy you should have sympathy, but he is more of a man and will try to win where he is. Loyalty to the current hot team is really easy…..

7. sfsugator says: Oct 14, 2016 10:01 AM

Dolphins are good. Not.

8. Nofoolnodrool says: Oct 14, 2016 10:26 AM

harrisonhits2 says:
    Oct 14, 2016 9:45 AM
    I can have a little sympathy for getting stuck on bottom feeder for years.

6 1

As a team jumping bandwagon fan you should have plenty of sympathy for him. He can just up and change his team and go to a winner like you did and besides loyalty seems important to him….you…not very much at all.

9. ksmeltzer69 says: Oct 14, 2016 10:28 AM

12coltsfan12, Wake do steroids, no I don’t think so!

10. harrisonhits2 says: Oct 14, 2016 10:39 AM

“As a team jumping bandwagon fanboy you should have sympathy”

Since I’ve been a Pats fan since the late 70s and well known on PFT as a long time Pats fan you only show your cluelessness with that comment.

And one of the 2 weakest pieces of “smack talk” of all time is calling someone a bandwagon fan. If that’s all you got go back to internet kindergarten and the level you can funiton at.

11. themiamidolphins says: Oct 14, 2016 10:48 AM

harrisonhits2 says:
    Oct 14, 2016 9:45 AM
    I can have a little sympathy for getting stuck on bottom feeder for years.

—–

Are you kidding me? His previous contract was a discount compared to what he would have been offered on the open market.

Sure, he extended his contract for one more year, but that’s because he legitimately thought the Dolphins had a shot of making the playoffs this season. And he wasn’t alone.

He’s been loyal to Miami. I’d hate to see him go as he’s been my favourite player for a long time now, but I also want to see him have success. And I don’t see that happening with the Dolphins.

12. RandyinRoxbury says: Oct 14, 2016 10:50 AM

Wake has done absolutely nothing in 3 years, he will not be missed, he’s old and slow.

13. Nofoolnodrool says: Oct 14, 2016 10:53 AM

0 0

Who says it the weakest. It obviously hit home judging from your heated response….by the way what is funiton?

Well known as a motor mouth homer butting into the business of every team trying to make everything all the Patriots….you are one of the worst of the “intolerables”. Relax you’ve been exposed before.

You never attacked the point of my post …Wake has loyalty….you don’t.

14. magnumpimustache says: Oct 14, 2016 10:58 AM

Who knew the miami meltdown would come in the first quarter of the season?

15. blitzinc43 says: Oct 14, 2016 11:01 AM

harrisonhits2 says:
    Oct 14, 2016 10:39 AM
    “As a team jumping bandwagon fanboy you should have sympathy”

_______________________

The question is, just how close of a friend are you to the organization?

16. jchipwood says: Oct 14, 2016 11:32 AM

I hope the Dolphins don’t get so desperate to win they start cheating to win like the patriots had/have to do.

17. followme2boston says: Oct 14, 2016 11:33 AM

I think Miami has taken over Washington’s place as the team where Free Agents go to underperform and get paid really well for it. I can’t think of a single guy they signed in FA or their own crop of guys that is outplaying his contract right now.

Tannehill, Mario Williams, Arian Foster, Wake, Grimes, and Suh the list goes on and on.

On paper they are a juggernaut.

18. maust1013 says: Oct 14, 2016 12:13 PM

jchipwood says:
    Oct 14, 2016 11:32 AM
    ++++++++++++++++

Yet you are okay with the cheating the ‘Phins and Shula did in their glory days.

19. Staticphear says: Oct 14, 2016 2:22 PM

Kinda lame to point out his low stats when the Coach barely lets him play.

20. Staticphear says: Oct 14, 2016 2:26 PM

harrisonhits2 says:
    Oct 14, 2016 10:39 AM

“Since I’ve been… well known on PFT”

Never heard of you.

21. bobthebillsfan says: Oct 14, 2016 2:31 PM

Losers call winners “cheaters”.

22. chadsmith013 says: Oct 14, 2016 4:04 PM

Oct 14, 2016 11:33 AM

Landry, Jones…

23. miamiron says: Oct 15, 2016 11:41 AM

It’s so sad to see such a talented players best years wasted with this organization. Wake had games this season where he played 15 and 16 defensive snaps. If your not going to utilize a probowl and all pro player trade him for Gods sake.

I’ll always be a Wake fan but it’s such a shame what has happened with the Dolphin organization

24. djscottyb says: Oct 16, 2016 11:46 AM

“followme2boston says:
    Oct 14, 2016 11:33 AM

Tannehill, Mario Williams, Arian Foster, Wake, GRIMES, and Suh the list goes on and on.”

Grimes?
    He did for the Phins what Brady did for the Pats in the first 4 weeks.
    #didntplay