Vikings practice squader arrested for drunken driving

EDEN PRAIRIE, MN - MAY 16: Isame Faciane #73 of the Minnesota Vikings looks on during rookie minicamp on May 16, 2014 at Winter Park in Eden Prairie, Minnesota. (Photo by Hannah Foslien/Getty Images) Getty Images

The Vikings haven’t had anyone arrested in quite some time, but that streak came to an end this week.

According to Matt Vensel of the Minneapolis Star Tribune, Vikings practice squad offensive lineman Isame Faciane was arrested for suspicion of drunken driving.

He faces three misdemeanor charges, including fourth-degree drunken driving, after he was spotted making an illegal U-turn across a median and driving the wrong way down a highway ramp.

“We are aware of the situation and will have further comment at the appropriate time,” the Vikings said in the most statementy statement ever.

The 25-year-old Faciane is in his third year on the Vikings practice squad, and has never played in a regular-season game. The former defensive tackle from Florida International was converted to offense.

It’s the first reported arrest for the Vikings since December 2014, an impressive streak for a team which used to be the league leader in that category.

Permalink 57 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, Minnesota Vikings, Rumor Mill
57 Responses to “Vikings practice squader arrested for drunken driving”
  1. obsessedvikingfan says: Oct 14, 2016 8:40 AM

Cut him. Zim won’t put up with that crap.

3 years on the practice squad is enough. Kick him to the curb.

2. atthemurph says: Oct 14, 2016 8:48 AM

The Long signing makes more sense now. Better to have a washed up and broken down vet than bringing up some idiot from the PS.

3. silvernblacksabbath says: Oct 14, 2016 8:58 AM

Now that’s how you get noticed by the coaches…. 🙂

4. mpc1122 says: Oct 14, 2016 9:03 AM

“third year on the Vikings practice squad, and has never played in a regular-season game”

Tough decision…

5. gtodriver says: Oct 14, 2016 9:06 AM

Not a smart thing for a 3rd year practice squad player to do.

Not saying he’s gone – but if not – he’s on a very short list.

6. thisistheonlygame says: Oct 14, 2016 9:10 AM

Third year practice squad player? Well most guys only get two years on the practice squad so he has gotten every chance. It’s probably over now.

7. 4sacroc says: Oct 14, 2016 9:16 AM

Bye Week Blues.

8. pkrlvr says: Oct 14, 2016 9:22 AM

Adios amigo…

9. uncommon1 says: Oct 14, 2016 9:28 AM

Release him. Everyone makes mistakes but Drunk Driving is one of the easiest things to avoid. Judging by his reported conduct, he was plenty intoxicated. Ain’t nobody got time for that

10. codythao35 says: Oct 14, 2016 9:29 AM

He’s done playing for the Vikings, but for sure he’ll be Packers starter soon as he gets there.

11. codythao35 says: Oct 14, 2016 9:31 AM

He’s done playing for Vikings, my Packers need to sign this guy since we have no starter.

12. norseyapper says: Oct 14, 2016 9:33 AM

Zimmer has cleaned things up off the field as well as on.

They have a time investment on this kid hoping he can make the switch from D-line to O-line, three years on the practice squad. Still, this was totally stupid on his part and it seems likely that his NFL career may be over before it got off the ground.

13. 13worldchampioinships says: Oct 14, 2016 9:54 AM

codythao35 says:
    Oct 14, 2016 9:29 AM

—-

Codythao35 and ariani is like everyone’s little brother you don’t want at parties.

-Vikings fan.

14. fwippel says: Oct 14, 2016 9:55 AM

Like others posting here, I didn’t realize it was possible for a player to spend three years on any practice squad: I thought the league limited that to two years.

As for this guy, if he can’t break the active roster right now with all the injuries the Vikings have on the OL, there’s really no use keeping him around any longer.

15. Frazier28/7 says: Oct 14, 2016 10:18 AM

can I get a kfan: who?

Who??

16. In Teddy We Trust says: Oct 14, 2016 10:20 AM

There isn’t a team in the NFL that would keep a 3-year practice squad guy on the team after a DUI arrest. Not even the Packers.

17. stellarperformance says: Oct 14, 2016 10:21 AM

codythao35 says:
    Oct 14, 2016 9:31 AM
    ///////////////////////////////////////////

“My?” “We?”

How many fake Packer fan “Trojan horses” are out there? Are there any real Viking fans left, or just fake Packer fans?

With the Vikings doing so well you’d think this obvious lack of self esteem demonstrated by these fakers would be embarrassing to real Viking fans.

Why are Viking fans afraid to be themselves, grasping on Packer jersey tails like a mother’s apron?

Show a little pride for crying out loud.

18. jimnsota says: Oct 14, 2016 10:27 AM

Sounds like the kind of personality that fits what Ted Thompson looks for in a player. Definitely fits in with the fans base/owners. I’m sure they’re already blowing up his pager.

19. vikesfan says: Oct 14, 2016 10:44 AM

In Teddy We Trust says:
    Oct 14, 2016 10:20 AM

______________________________

Would he even be arrested in Green Bay?

20. Wisconsin's Favorite Son Jeffrey Be Dahmed says: Oct 14, 2016 11:18 AM

He’ll be OK. He can get a job in Green Bay working for Uber.

21. mnrasslinggovjesse says: Oct 14, 2016 11:21 AM

As of this time, no Packer fans have posted making fun of the Vikings’ long rap sheet for arrests.
    On the other hand, several Viking fans felt the need to try to make this a story about the Packers.
    Fans of other teams can draw their own conclusions from this behavior.

22. purpleguy says: Oct 14, 2016 11:40 AM

The bye week creates too much idle time for dopes like Facaine.

The reason he’s been on the practice squad so long is because they’re trying to convert him from a D-lineman to an O-lineman. Or perhaps they were. . . . .

23. filthymcnasty3 says: Oct 14, 2016 11:47 AM

Remember – this is the MN Vikings. He’ll be promoted to the active roster.

It reminds me of when that Viking fullback got a DUI at a McDonalds drivethru. Only in MN.

24. ccous13 says: Oct 14, 2016 12:00 PM

Someone needs to keep all their handles straight. You’re giving yourself away, not that we all don’t already know. Too much time spent logging in and out on different accounts just to make asinine comments.

25. In Teddy We Trust says: Oct 14, 2016 12:02 PM

Vikings’ long rap sheet for arrests? The story says it’s the first arrest since December 2014. Why don’t you look up how many Packers have been arrested since then? And please note that none of them were arrested in Green Bay, which I’m sure has nothing to do with the police wearing Packer emblems on their uniforms.

26. The Almighty Cabbage says: Oct 14, 2016 12:21 PM

Yeah, it’s all the Packers’ fault because everything always is.

Yip-yap, little Teddy! Yip-yap!

27. lambeaudungbarn says: Oct 14, 2016 12:59 PM

Christ this sounds like a 3rd grade recess.
    You guys are pathetic..

28. seals1 says: Oct 14, 2016 1:16 PM

Kahlil, smith, harris, loadholt, sullivan and now fusco down and out. The check book is empty so another injury and he is probably on the team. Not smart kid.

29. h0metownzero says: Oct 14, 2016 1:36 PM

When in Rome…………….

30. whatjusthapped says: Oct 14, 2016 1:50 PM

I’m simply amazed. I clicked on this article to see if a Packer fan would stoop so low as to make fun of a PS player’s arrest.

Instead I find various Viking trolls (is there any other kind?) posting lame attempts (are they capable of anything else) about the Packers. Talk about living rent free in somebody else’s head, they simply can’t help themselves.

Sad really.

31. Mad Chef says: Oct 14, 2016 1:57 PM

See ya, been nice to know ya

32. seth615 says: Oct 14, 2016 3:14 PM

whatjusthapped says:
    Oct 14, 2016 1:50 PM

Sad really.
    _________________________________

Every fanbase has it’s obnoxious members. Most of them live on these comment threads.

33. filthymcnasty3 says: Oct 14, 2016 3:22 PM

Who among us wouldn’t self medicate if we had to live in that cesspool of a state?

34. pervyspankspackfans says: Oct 14, 2016 3:37 PM

Wise up Viking fans. The Viking Organization has new standards. We are the King of the North. Act like it. I have zero time for tne Packers or their fans now. The are irrelevant

35. 13worldchampioinships says: Oct 14, 2016 3:39 PM

The Almighty Cabbage says:
    Oct 14, 2016 12:21 PM
    Yeah, it’s all the Packers’ fault because everything always is.

Yip-yap, little Teddy! Yip-yap!

A Pack fan who talks incessantly about Vikings fans “yip-yapping,” but yaps his mouth all the time on Vikings articles. That level of insight is on par with my 6 year old nephew.

36. 13worldchampioinships says: Oct 14, 2016 3:42 PM

13worldchampioinships says:
    Oct 14, 2016 3:39 PM
    The Almighty Cabbage says:
    Oct 14, 2016 12:21 PM
    Yeah, it’s all the Packers’ fault because everything always is.

Yip-yap, little Teddy! Yip-yap!

By the way, dogs don’t yip-yap. They only yip. They can’t change the inflection of their barks.

37. 13worldchampioinships says: Oct 14, 2016 3:43 PM

13worldchampioinships says:
    Oct 14, 2016 3:42 PM
    13worldchampioinships says:
    Oct 14, 2016 3:39 PM
    The Almighty Cabbage says:
    Oct 14, 2016 12:21 PM
    Yeah, it’s all the Packers’ fault because everything always is.

Yip-yap, little Teddy! Yip-yap!

and now I feel like I’m talking to my 6 year old nephew.

38. h0metownzero says: Oct 14, 2016 3:49 PM

It’s unfortunate that this event will only serve to reinforce widely held stereotypes of typical Minnesotans.

At least he’s not morbidly obese.

39. aypeeswhippingstick says: Oct 14, 2016 3:54 PM

This news follows on the heels of another story about a Viking from the past who was just sentenced in a bank fraud case. This franchise has a long and distinguished history of all sorts of criminal and deviant behavior. Something to be very proud of Minnesota!

40. The Almighty Cabbage says: Oct 14, 2016 3:58 PM

13worldchampioinships says:
    Oct 14, 2016 3:39 PM
    The Almighty Cabbage says:
    Oct 14, 2016 12:21 PM
    Yeah, it’s all the Packers’ fault because everything always is.

Yip-yap, little Teddy! Yip-yap!

0 0
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So, what has happened here is what happens every time.

1. Purples troll the Packers or Packer fans.

2. I respond and take the wind out of their sad little sails.

3. Purples cry that I’m trolling.

Have your nephew go look at every Vikings article I’ve ever commented on. Let’s see if he’s any more cognizant than the rest of you.

41. filthymcnasty3 says: Oct 14, 2016 3:58 PM

Well, we all knew that Zimmer’s laissez-faire approach towards team discipline would eventually come back to embarrass the franchise. He’s supposed to be running a football team – not producing an episode of Girls Gone Wild.

42. codytha035 says: Oct 14, 2016 4:07 PM

I eat garbage

43. lindacaseauthor says: Oct 14, 2016 4:16 PM

aypeeswhippingstick says:
    Oct 14, 2016 3:54 PM
    ———————–
    From a fan from a team so full of juicy fruits, they should have an NFL random drug tester taking up residence in Turd Bay.

44. igocommando says: Oct 14, 2016 4:19 PM

h0metownzero says:
    Oct 14, 2016 3:49 PM

At least he’s not morbidly obese.
    ………..
    Right you are, “morbidly obese” is reserved for packers running backs and coaches. Yip.

45. diveleft says: Oct 14, 2016 5:01 PM

A. Cabbage:
    “There’s a huge difference, it’s just that none of you has ever figured it out. I can proudly say I have never… not once… trolled a Vikings article. I only comment in direct response to purple comments on the Packers or Packer fans. I pride myself on this.”
    ÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷

46. 440Barracuda says: Oct 14, 2016 5:36 PM

h0metownzero says:
    Oct 14, 2016 3:49 PM

At least he’s not morbidly obese

————————————-

Wouldn’t that automatically make him a Packer fan?

47. coltluger says: Oct 14, 2016 5:40 PM

diveleft says:
    Oct 14, 2016 5:01 PM

A. Cabbage:
    ÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷
    ))))))))))))))))))))))))))
    Well said. Thank you.

48. The Almighty Cabbage says: Oct 14, 2016 5:41 PM

It means don’t cry because I took part in a conversation into which you invited me.

Don’t want me to take part? Stop inviting me.

See how simple that is? Or should be?

49. fluffy19 says: Oct 14, 2016 10:37 PM

Hey Cabbage and Filthy and the rest of you pack fans…try not to stab anybody in the face on the way out of these Vikings articles.

50. The Almighty Cabbage says: Oct 15, 2016 11:14 AM

“You actually have gall to think that anyone cares about your posting habits/rules?? Just because you troll the trolls somehow makes you a better person in your own little world?”
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You actually have thegall, or enough gall, to think I care what you care about?

If you don’t want me to play, don’t invite me. If you do invite me, don’t get upset when I win.

51. The Almighty Cabbage says: Oct 15, 2016 4:58 PM

And keep adding the thumbs down. All that does is further illustrates the point.

You initiate the smack talk and then you get upset beacause there is smack talk.

52. theaveragecharlie says: Oct 16, 2016 7:50 AM

Practice squad is in playoff form.

Skol, Wipings.

53. lindacasethebusybody says: Oct 17, 2016 9:42 PM

More Spielman Magic…

54. lindacasethebusybody says: Oct 17, 2016 9:42 PM

What does italics mean? Is that like you’re whispering?

55. lindacasethebusybody says: Oct 17, 2016 9:44 PM

aypeeswhippingstick says:
    Oct 14, 2016 3:54 PM

—-

I heard Fran was back in town, but I thought he was behaving this time…

56. lindacasethebusybody says: Oct 17, 2016 9:47 PM

atthemurph says:
    Oct 14, 2016 8:48 AM

——

Yeah, they signed Jake Long on Tuesday, 10/11, knowing that this practice squad guy would get arrested for DUI on Wednesday, 10/12. That’s what I love about vike fans, their football acumen, logic, and reasoning skills.

57. numba1wiscosportsfan says: Oct 18, 2016 1:49 AM

mods, ban lindacasethebusybody – obviously spamming