Dez Bryant says he’s ready to go for Cowboys’ next game

ARLINGTON, TX - SEPTEMBER 25:  Dez Bryant #88 of the Dallas Cowboys looks on before a game between the Dallas Cowboys and the Chicago Bears at AT&T Stadium on September 25, 2016 in Arlington, Texas.  (Photo by Tom Pennington/Getty Images) Getty Images

Cowboys receiver Dez Bryant felt good enough to play on Sunday, but the team decided to sit him again. Next time up, Bryant says there’s no decision to make: He’s playing.

Bryant said after the Cowboys beat the Packers on Sunday that with Dallas heading into its bye week, he has absolutely no doubt that he’s playing the next game, against the Eagles in Week Eight.

“Don’t have to ask me anymore, I’m good,” Bryant told Jane Slater of NFL Network. “Playing against Philly.”

Bryant suffered a knee injury in Week Three and has been out since then. The Cowboys have gone 3-0 without him, but they’d love to have him back at 100 percent down the stretch as they push for the playoffs.

We still don’t know whether it will be Tony Romo or Dak Prescott throwing passes to Bryant, but it appears that Bryant will be good to go for the second half of the season.

Permalink 28 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Dallas Cowboys, Philadelphia Eagles, Rumor Mill, Top Stories
28 Responses to “Dez Bryant says he’s ready to go for Cowboys’ next game”
  1. jovan19 says: Oct 17, 2016 12:29 PM

Hope he’s not rushing back like he did last year. They’re winning without him, but he will make them better if 100%. That’s kinda scary

2. joetoronto says: Oct 17, 2016 12:37 PM

Watch them go on a losing streak now that Bryant is back.

3. dkeucd says: Oct 17, 2016 12:41 PM

Don’t need him. Trade him for a pass rusher or put Romo in as a package deal and throw in a first rounder too. Ride Zeke and Dak and their rookie salaries to a couple Super Bowls.

4. tindeaux says: Oct 17, 2016 12:42 PM

i’d guarantee you that if this clown and antonio romo come back to the team, they’ll start losing. watch!

5. eazeback says: Oct 17, 2016 12:53 PM

the question is who will be throwing him the ball………

6. sportoficionado says: Oct 17, 2016 12:55 PM

Dez was ready to play v. packers, held out because of coaches’ confidence in the run game and defense (probably a lot more than then the fans–guilty myself). I can’t wait to see Dez come back after the bye.

7. cowboysallday says: Oct 17, 2016 12:58 PM

Can someone explain to me why everyone thinks dak should start over Romo when he returns? Dak has yet to have a 300 yard game and has only had 2 multi touchdown games. He’s being carried by his defense (which Romo has never had) and running game. Don’t get me wrong, I love Dak, but there’s no reason not to put Romo in there. If he gets hurt its not like dak is going anywhere he can step right in. And don’t give me this stuff “he’ll mess up the chemistry” what chemistry would he be tuning? Romo is better at getting Witten and dez the ball if anything he’s the one that has the chemistry

8. jackedupboonie says: Oct 17, 2016 1:02 PM

Dez won’t mind his business with just 4-5 targets a game. Trade him to the AFC now, its power football with a smattering of play action. Having a pouty guy will not be an asset come playoff time.

9. hawksfansince77 says: Oct 17, 2016 1:03 PM

The real question is, when you’re back….will you catch the damn ball?

10. cuda1234 says: Oct 17, 2016 1:03 PM

Clear those Bryant and Romo contracts off the salary cap and open up some room to buy a championship D!

11. kmartin173 says: Oct 17, 2016 1:04 PM

—————————————————-

Because Dallas’ 3rd string quarterback has twice as many playoff victories as Romo does. They’re never, ever going to win a SB with Romo as there is no possible way he can hold it together for the 3-4 straight games you need to win a SB. Romo’d have 7 picks and 4 fumbles by this time of the season.

12. medialovesthecowboys says: Oct 17, 2016 1:11 PM

cowboysallday says:
    Oct 17, 2016 12:58 PM

Can someone explain to me why everyone thinks dak should start over Romo when he returns? Dak has yet to have a 300 yard game and has only had 2 multi touchdown games. He’s being carried by his defense.
    ———————————————————————–

Real fans of this team know that Dak is playing exceptionally well. The running game is the reason for the defensive improvement. Dallas is one of the few teams that employs a formula where the offense carries the defense.

13. my_old_name_was_offensive says: Oct 17, 2016 1:14 PM

Ah yes…. nothing like BLM supporter Dez Bryant return to lineup to ruin the perfectly good chemistry the Cowboys offense has built…

Cant wait for Dez to throw his hands up and whine everytime the ball goes to Beasley instead of him…

14. newtoallthis23 says: Oct 17, 2016 1:26 PM

Hopefully for the Cowboys this is an addition rather than a subtraction due to Bryant’s need and insistence for the ball.

15. beerbudsnbevo says: Oct 17, 2016 1:26 PM

Trade Romo and Dez with their big contracts before they get hurt again….

They are winning without both. Time to unload those wasteful contracts, use that money to secure core players and fix the defense.

16. bigugly2005 says: Oct 17, 2016 1:26 PM

I’d love to see both he and Romo traded for a 1 and 2 draft pick next year as well as #2 receiver this year. Cleveland could use both of them, and the Cowboys can take Prior. Damn that would be a monster trade right now!

17. patsfan4lifesbchamps says: Oct 17, 2016 1:29 PM

What a diva!

18. brendafortheboyz says: Oct 17, 2016 1:45 PM

Wow! I sure am glad that my ‘Boys have real “coaches”, who know what is best for the team…….
    @ cowboysallday…
    Yours is the most intelligent comment I have read on this thread🙂

19. cowboy4life88 says: Oct 17, 2016 1:55 PM

________________________________________

Really dude?

20. ryder09 says: Oct 17, 2016 1:55 PM

lol @ trading Dez. Romo, yes trade him (if you can get anything for him), but Dez? His presence commands double teams. Thats going to benefit everyone else.

21. boysroll says: Oct 17, 2016 2:05 PM

It doesn’t matter who plays as this year everybody is playing as a team. I predict a 14-2 season and a SB. with DAK and zek I predict 4 SB’s in the next 10 years and the whole NFL family will hate us even more which I thrive off……

HOW BOUT THOSE COWBOYS!!!!

22. abninf says: Oct 17, 2016 2:24 PM

cowboysallday says:
    Oct 17, 2016 12:58 PM
    =========================================

Hmm I don’t know man. Maybe one interception in six games plays a small part.

23. bighoser says: Oct 17, 2016 3:52 PM

So, I guess that Dez’s “pain” in his knee is now “tolerable”? Did Dr. Jones confirm this? We all know it ain’t official until he weighs in.

24. txmidnite says: Oct 17, 2016 4:06 PM

Welcome Back!

25. arrowtoyourknee says: Oct 17, 2016 4:50 PM

14-2 and a super bowl? They’ll have to go through Minnesota, twice, if that’s the case. Let’s see if the cowboys can get through that defense before you claim super bowls with two offensive (very very good) rookies. Green Bay wasn’t their challenge. It’s that pesky, undefeated team to the west.😉 best of luck to the cowboys, they’re really fun to watch right now!

26. justintuckrule says: Oct 17, 2016 5:25 PM

You lost to the Giants at home. The Giants! And I’m a Giants fan. We have 1 player. Dial back the super bowl in October talk especially since you have nothing resembling a sb defense.

27. breadmeatcheese says: Oct 17, 2016 5:32 PM

take it slow is best. you get heal, then you make success. by throwing him the ball.

no more letting coaches blame the “system” for dez not getting the ball.

also if dez drops a pass, the great coaches dial him up the very next play. they don’t shout at him on the sidelines.

when you think about it jeff fisher is the only coach that gets it, by constantly feeding austin, and gurley.

28. eaglesnoles05 says: Oct 18, 2016 2:49 PM

Eagles husband (me) and Cowboys wife are very much looking forward to this one…

First I gotta get through the Sam Bradford bowl and try to not be on a 3 game skid going into the cowboys game…