Bill Belichick hates NFL’s sideline tablets, will stop using them

ARLINGTON, TX - OCTOBER 11:  Head coach Bill Belichick of the New England Patriots uses a tablet during the NFL game against the Dallas Cowboys at AT&T Stadium on October 11, 2015 in Arlington, Texas.  (Photo by Mike Stone/Getty Images) Getty Images

When the NFL allowed coaches to use tablets on the sideline, it was viewed by many as a technological step forward that would make it easier on coaches to look up their plays, review aerial photos of formations, and generally keep tabs on things. But Patriots coach Bill Belichick says it hasn’t worked that way.

Belichick, who was caught on camera this season throwing his tablet in disgust, said today that he will no longer use tablets on the sideline.

“As you probably noticed, I’m done with the tablets,” Belichick said. “They’re just too undependable for me. I’m going to stick with pictures, which several of our other coaches do, as well, because there just isn’t enough consistency in the performance of the tablets. I just can’t take it anymore.”

Belichick went on a five-minute rant about the tablets, saying they don’t work properly when he needs them to.

“For me, personally, it’s a personal decision, I’m done with the tablets,” he said. “I’ll use the paper pictures from here on, because I just have given it my best shot. I’ve tried to work through the process. But it just doesn’t work for me, and that’s because there’s no consistency to it.”

Microsoft reportedly paid the NFL $400 million to become the league’s official tablet provider, but Belichick doesn’t care about that. He doesn’t like the tablets, and he’s done with them.

Permalink 216 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: New England Patriots, Rumor Mill, Top Stories
216 Responses to “Bill Belichick hates NFL’s sideline tablets, will stop using them”
  1. jssebastian2014 says: Oct 18, 2016 12:53 PM

Would be better if Bill threw a wrench in it for Goodell and started using an iPad.

2. Martin says: Oct 18, 2016 12:53 PM

… aaaaand here comes Goodell with a fine for Belichick : “Conduct detrimental to the league”

3. chippys lost binky says: Oct 18, 2016 12:53 PM

“As you probably noticed, I’m done with the tablets,”

Yeah, we caught that. But putting the wood to a sponsor may be viewed as conduct detrimental by the low life denizens of 345 Park Ave…stay tuned

4. steelcurtainn says: Oct 18, 2016 12:54 PM

It’s hard to focus sorely on cheating when your using a tablet throughout the game.

5. firerogergoodellnow says: Oct 18, 2016 12:54 PM

Because the cameras are disabled to prevent videotaping.

6. jupner says: Oct 18, 2016 12:55 PM

See what happens when Belichick actual gives an interview? He says a bunch of stuff the NFL doesn’t want you to hear.

Can’t wait to see the fine for this one.

7. bostonsteve12 says: Oct 18, 2016 12:55 PM

BB better be careful- could be looking at a suspension for these comments

8. kissbillsrings says: Oct 18, 2016 12:55 PM

Old school BB…. LOVE IT!!!

9. johnodocks says: Oct 18, 2016 12:57 PM

You know there’s gonna be a fine and a loss of draft picks for Coach B denigrating the product of one of the NFL’s sponsors.

^^^
    This is just a joke, Pats fans.

10. newenglandsports11 says: Oct 18, 2016 12:57 PM

Other teams have issues with tablets/headsets at NE = Pats cheating
    Pats have issues with tablets/headsets everywhere = oh well, who cares.

The double standard is pathetic. Glad Belichick called out the league. The shield is being damaged with these garbage tablets (seriously, who in their right mind would buy a Microsoft Surface over an iPad???).

11. r8rsfan says: Oct 18, 2016 12:57 PM

Coaches look silly using them, IMO. Takes their eyes off the game.

12. madmax80 says: Oct 18, 2016 12:58 PM

Translation:

He realized he couldn’t log on to his opponents tablet to spy during the game.

13. quickbooks12 says: Oct 18, 2016 12:58 PM

He doesn’t like tablets because it will leave an electronic trail of what he looks at unlike illegal sideline photos he can have his guys shred up after he looks at them.

Am I right, guys? Is this how the trolling is done?

14. scrp2 says: Oct 18, 2016 12:59 PM

In the fourth quarter, those surface tablets are running a windows update.

15. rportkid says: Oct 18, 2016 12:59 PM

Just more proof that the NFL is run by a bunch of buffoons. I don’t know of anything they do right. They’ve ruined the game and the league is imploding. Serves them right.

16. tedmurph says: Oct 18, 2016 12:59 PM

I understand this thread is just bait for the cheater cult, but Belichick just isn’t tech savvy. Between not being able to program the clock in his car on ‘ a Football Life’ , to not knowing what snap face was. I guess most of his considerable intellect goes to winning FB games.

17. maust1013 says: Oct 18, 2016 12:59 PM

Being the league’s official anything was probably enough to give The Hooded One pause in the first place but no one prizes consistency and reliability more than Belichick. So much for all the troll pronouncements on the Pats using the ‘technology’ in nefarious ways, lol

18. Emmanuel Goldstein says: Oct 18, 2016 1:01 PM

Bellichick is right. And Microsoft better be paying attention. Bill is viewed by just about everyone on planet earth as the best coach in the league (if not the GOAT). If Bill can’t work through the process of using your (microsoft’s) tablets, then there must be something wrong with the tablet.

And c’mon, you are replacing paper pages in a notebook with a touchscreen that really only needs to display pictures in a sequential order (as the paper pages do). If you can’t do that simple task consistently then you’re doing something seriously wrong.

Even if Bellichick never uses another tablet in his life, Microsoft would do well to work with him and get a story into the public about how microsoft is making in-roads with Bill on the tablet issue.

19. cobrala2 says: Oct 18, 2016 1:01 PM

Microsoft.

20. floriosnuts says: Oct 18, 2016 1:02 PM

Expect Bill to get a fine from the league office and the person ultimately responsible for the years of sub-par table performance to get a promotion.

21. dcpatfan says: Oct 18, 2016 1:02 PM

The Undisputed Greatest Coach In NFL History. Its not even debatable anymore.

I am So PROUD to be A Patriot!!!

22. kissbillsrings says: Oct 18, 2016 1:03 PM

At least this takes away ONE OF THE LEAGUES PLANS TO FRAME THE PATRIOTS for something that wasn’t proven to happen & yet punish them anyway!!!
    You do realize the LEAGUES NEXT ATTEMPT TO FRAME THE PATS WILL BE FOCUSED ON BB to help attempt parody in the NFL don’t you??!!
    My guess there will soon be “BUGS” planted in an opponents locker room & start the wheel rolling for multiple picks STOLEN & BB SUSPENDED FOR LIFE….Watch & see… I put NOTHING PAST 345 PARK AVE. at this stage after seeing how FRAMEGATE went down!!!

23. m1k3g says: Oct 18, 2016 1:04 PM

The software must be garbage.

24. qbarrel says: Oct 18, 2016 1:05 PM

I’ll bet this is the one time Microsoft wishes that someone would erroneously refer to their Surface Tablet as an iPad.

25. weepingjebus says: Oct 18, 2016 1:06 PM

Belichick is going to make a great Commissioner.

26. chippys lost binky says: Oct 18, 2016 1:06 PM

I’m still waiting for a sideline mic to pick up Rex shouting at Rob “Get somebody on that Buffering guy! He’s everywhere out there, it’s killing us!”

27. imodan says: Oct 18, 2016 1:07 PM

If a company has to pay someone 400 million to use their product it’s a safe bet it’s an inferior product.

28. 26predator says: Oct 18, 2016 1:08 PM

I have a Surface and love it. Couldn’t imagine having to use it as they do, though.

I have an iPad too for work and couldn’t imagine using that either.

Keep the tablets in the booth, give the guys on the sidelines the basics.

29. mmack66 says: Oct 18, 2016 1:08 PM

What is snap face?

Is that what Richard Sherman’s face looked like after he got bitch slapped by Julio Jones?

30. ipdaily69 says: Oct 18, 2016 1:08 PM

Imagine Microsoft dishing out $400 million to achieve product placement on TV. Factor in the crumbling TV ratings….great investment Microsoft….more money than sense….and crappy technology.
    Hoodie for President…..cut through the crap and start winning again.

31. magnumpimustache says: Oct 18, 2016 1:08 PM

Belicheck will do anything to deny the NFL money.

I love it.

32. hahaicansezbelicheat says: Oct 18, 2016 1:08 PM

“^^^
    This is just a joke, Pats fans”

Would you in any way be surprised if he’s fined for this? I am expecting it, he just ripped a sponsor and you know how much those owners enjoy that paper.

33. grumpysal says: Oct 18, 2016 1:09 PM

“In the fourth quarter, those surface tablets are running a windows update.”

Gotta say, this made me giggle a bit.

34. patfanken says: Oct 18, 2016 1:09 PM

It should be noted that the reason BB put the wood to his tablet was in disgust to some call an official made, not because it didn’t work on that occasion. IIRC he was seen in an “animated” discussion with an official just before deep sixing his tablet.

At any rate, over the last 20 years or so the Pats, as an organization have been in the forefront of technical advancement, so technology isn’t the problem. Clearly the tablet wasn’t “doing its job” with the dependability required.

BTW- I can’t wait for the item where NFL sock puppet Jeff Fisher comes out and states how great those tablets are.😀

35. raymondmac says: Oct 18, 2016 1:09 PM

Microsoft™
    metadata tracking, user profile archiving, data sharing, privacy violations, hacking exploits, notorious updates, timeouts, hangs, pauses, crashes, re-boots, wifi link dependencies, interface hoo haa…

my sympathies to non-Borg-ians forced to give the keys to the front door, back door, garage, car, bank and playbook.

36. ebdug says: Oct 18, 2016 1:10 PM

Criminy, Belichick! My 3 year old nephew can master that software.

37. jnovi86 says: Oct 18, 2016 1:10 PM

as soon as the tablets let them record video he will be all over that

38. gregbeau says: Oct 18, 2016 1:10 PM

Hilarious. Bill telling Microsoft to DO YOUR JOB and when they didn’t, he cut them. Classic BB.

39. themattstapiece says: Oct 18, 2016 1:11 PM

I’m sick of seeing shameless product placement and have been snickering at the idea that any of these people want to use Microsoft tablets… so I find this very amusing.

I wish I could be a fly on the wall as someone tries to explain to BB why he should be on board.

40. coutre says: Oct 18, 2016 1:12 PM

Someone at the league office will get promoted for this. Troy Vincent will create a new Sr. VP/Chief Strategy of Tablet role for this. And it will be someone with a chronic history of failure.

41. 88ibis says: Oct 18, 2016 1:12 PM

I guess Bill needs my 9 year old son or 5 year old daughter to stand next to him during games and operate his Surface. They cruise around on ours like it’s hard wired into their brain.

42. brendafortheboyz says: Oct 18, 2016 1:13 PM

LOL

43. lanman11 says: Oct 18, 2016 1:13 PM

He’s hilarious. I bust out laughing when I read this. My personal experience was we spent more time making the stuff work than we did using it (Microsoft). I feel his pain. With photos you can look at them, and get back to the game. With a tablet, if it is quirky, you have to fuss with the software in an attempt to get what you want out of it, and who has time for that in the middle of a game? The NFL and it’s sponsor are like the presidential election. They are simply trying to force the narrative on us in spite of all evidence that says it’s not true.

44. factschecker says: Oct 18, 2016 1:14 PM

It may be a good idea to throw out your children’s tables as well. Make them go back to writing things down. It not only helps them remember the material better but it also gives them the skill to be able to actually develop penmanship. Which is an underrated skill to have these days.

That is the difference between long term learning versus just knowing how to look up quick answers.

45. RandyinRoxbury says: Oct 18, 2016 1:14 PM

Looks like coach couldn’t hack into the opponents tablets afterall..hehehe

46. 6ball says: Oct 18, 2016 1:14 PM

Giving up on the tablets is one thing, but going on a five minute rant is quite another. Now, couple that with the image of him doing a Gronk-like spike with a tablet, and that has got to be causing nausea at 345 Park Avenue.

This story will likely be picked up nationwide and will do serious damage to the Surface brand. Microsoft has spent millions to brand their product as comparable to the tablet named after a fruit.

47. billsfan says: Oct 18, 2016 1:16 PM

Bill…there is a “no ad” option. You have to upgrade and it’ll cost ya, but, it’s worth it.

I understand your frustration though. I hate that damn Papa John’s commercial, too!

48. trina16 says: Oct 18, 2016 1:16 PM

When your technology is so bad that people prefer to use black and white stills.

Good job Microsoft, NFL.

49. mullman76 says: Oct 18, 2016 1:17 PM

I despise the patriots and their entire fanbase, BUT I love Darth V…errr, Bill Belichick.

He does not give a flying fark about anything (except Ws) and has no problem sleeping at night.

Carry on.

50. darkbaconlips says: Oct 18, 2016 1:17 PM

Translation: Are sophisticated cheating technology makes tablets obsolete.

51. 345snarkavenue says: Oct 18, 2016 1:17 PM

345 Park Avenue will probably come out with new rule that paper photos are no longer allowed.

52. makimaguro says: Oct 18, 2016 1:18 PM

I bet he wouldn’t be saying that if they would have allowed the live video on them.

Anyway, I’m just tired of all these rich players and coaches, etc. bitching constantly about how bad they have it. Gotten to be a bunch of whiners not winners.

What a joke.

53. pftard says: Oct 18, 2016 1:19 PM

I’m not a Patriots/Belichick fan, but I’m fine with this. Its not hard to conceive that technical issues can occur with mobile devices. Just because the NFL makes an agreement with Microsoft, shouldn’t mean that he has to use tools he doesn’t like or want to use. They tablets are unreliable. Simple fact. So why trade from what works to what sometimes works, if you don’t need to.

he doesn’t have to drink Budweiser, just because there’s a sponsorship. He shouldn’t have to use the tablets. Non-story.

54. darkbaconlips says: Oct 18, 2016 1:19 PM

I wonder how BB feels about all the nonsense Brady constantly puts on facebook?

55. ktimmmtb says: Oct 18, 2016 1:20 PM

His main frustration he said was that he “didn’t know how to inflate the memory for all those aerial formation pictures.”

56. Troll Destroyer says: Oct 18, 2016 1:24 PM

88ibis says:
    Oct 18, 2016 1:12 PM

—-

Yet he’s still the greatest coach of all time. Go figure.

57. kevinoc63 says: Oct 18, 2016 1:26 PM

steelcurtainn says:
    Oct 18, 2016 12:54 PM

Speaking of cheating, maybe Tomlin will throw a tablet onto the field to impede kick returner.

58. jamoke says: Oct 18, 2016 1:28 PM

It’s not the tablets, it’s the overcrowed wireless spectrum at fault. The NFL manages all wireless communications and obviously does a poor job at it.

59. surfinbird1 says: Oct 18, 2016 1:28 PM

Ask him what he thinks of face book and twitter.

60. mmack66 says: Oct 18, 2016 1:29 PM

weepingjebus says:
    Oct 18, 2016 1:06 PM

Belichick is going to make a great Commissioner.
    ————————-

He’s the last person the owners would want. They’re happy with the spineless Roger Goodell.

61. tavisteelersfan says: Oct 18, 2016 1:29 PM

Wonder if he gets away with it. A lot of guys try and use pot instead of the painkiller pills supplied by NFL sponsors … they end up suspended.

62. RegisHawk says: Oct 18, 2016 1:30 PM

“I kept trying to bring up the opponent’s gameplan but it kept giving me nothing…totally frustrating.”

63. mmack66 says: Oct 18, 2016 1:31 PM

darkbaconlips says:
    Oct 18, 2016 1:17 PM

Translation: Are sophisticated cheating technology makes tablets obsolete.
    ———————

Is that a question?

64. tmsclade says: Oct 18, 2016 1:31 PM

What play should we run on 3rd and 4…..Java Update

65. qbarrel says: Oct 18, 2016 1:33 PM

Tablets are borderline useless for just about any work-related task. Unless BB is playing Candy Crush or watching reruns of Westworld on the sidelines, I can understand why he would hate using it.

Augmented reality will be the next paradigm shift in technology that will make it’s way to NFL sidelines, but that’s still a few years off.

66. alphabeta49er says: Oct 18, 2016 1:36 PM

Russell Wilson, on the other hand, loves his Microsoft tablet. “I use my Microsoft Surface all the time,” Wilson tells reporters. “I never leave home without it. Say who’s up for some Xbox? I know I am! But only after I finish this tall, cool glass of Gatorade. Delicious!”

67. sf546 says: Oct 18, 2016 1:38 PM

Sounds like a case of “loose nut on the keyboard.” He seems like the type of curmudgeon that doesn’t own a home computer and doesn’t understand them so they are bad.

68. sdcharger123 says: Oct 18, 2016 1:38 PM

Here comes the suspension for conduct detrimental to the NFL’s sponsorship money

69. mmack66 says: Oct 18, 2016 1:39 PM

6ball says:
    Oct 18, 2016 1:14 PM

—————————

The Surface is a computer, and the iPad is a tablet. They are not comparable.

Regardless, it sounds like Bill would have issues with any tablet.

Besides, we know how well the NFL does with communication devices, so it’s no surprise that the tablets don’t work well either.

70. spungy says: Oct 18, 2016 1:39 PM

Maybe it would work if you didn’t spike it in anger.

71. 88ibis says: Oct 18, 2016 1:40 PM

Troll Destroyer says:
    Oct 18, 2016 1:24 PM

88ibis says:
    Oct 18, 2016 1:12 PM
    —-
    Yet he’s still the greatest coach of all time. Go figure.

—-

I never said he wasn’t a great coach, he is.
    However, he is not a digital native. You can’t force technology on people.

72. gauchosporlife says: Oct 18, 2016 1:42 PM

He’s used to the old VHS recorders…you know the ones.

73. cadreamer1969 says: Oct 18, 2016 1:42 PM

Windows sucks. What control freaks.

74. crush22 says: Oct 18, 2016 1:43 PM

Doesn’t need tablets. He’s had the film days ago.

75. Bob says: Oct 18, 2016 1:44 PM

Should get that iPad. Its cheating software never fails.

76. zaphod424242 says: Oct 18, 2016 1:44 PM

NFL needs to not go with who pays the most but who does the best job. Punt Microsoft, replace with iPad Pros. And fix your freaking mobile apps, they’re buggy as hell.

77. sfsugator says: Oct 18, 2016 1:46 PM

Microsoft sucks. way to cheap out on that garbage. once you go apple you never go back.

78. eddiea25 says: Oct 18, 2016 1:49 PM

No matter how much everyone makes things scientific, it all comes down to blocking, tackling, and execution. Old school, love it.

79. stevejjones says: Oct 18, 2016 1:49 PM

Bill isn’t against technology. When I watched Life of Belichick I saw a Tandy 1000 on his desk.

80. whocares69 says: Oct 18, 2016 1:50 PM

Bill Belichick : Get Bill Gates in here!

You told us Windows Surface would be faster, more efficient with better access to the internet.

Bill Gates “It is faster, over 5 Mil-“

81. athwartships says: Oct 18, 2016 1:55 PM

Forget the league….the MS surface is a crap product. I don’t like Bill, but I have thrown one in disgust too and feel the pain.

82. jmd0722 says: Oct 18, 2016 1:55 PM

All right Bill, go back to old school. Besides Goodell and the NFL probably hacked into it to see if your running any illegal plays.

83. RussianBreadMaker says: Oct 18, 2016 1:57 PM

Windows is awful. They should work a deal with Apple, a company that produces products that are intuitive and easy to use.

I am a fan of xbox, but I hate their interfaces. Don’t get me started on Windows 10… probably the worst operating system known to man. They need to get back to basics and stop trying to make things more complicated than they need to be.

84. finfansince68 says: Oct 18, 2016 1:57 PM

Tell Roger Goodell to take his Pads & go pound sand !

85. PFT's Most Moderated says: Oct 18, 2016 1:57 PM

newenglandsports11 says:
    Oct 18, 2016 12:57 PM
    Other teams have issues with tablets/headsets at NE = Pats cheating
    Pats have issues with tablets/headsets everywhere = oh well, who cares.

——————————————–

Um, pretty much everyone that needs a device to do more than play Candy Crush.

86. war27 says: Oct 18, 2016 1:57 PM

That’s what many teams have said about their headsets in Foxboro.

87. socalmaverick says: Oct 18, 2016 2:00 PM

Microsoft is going to be SO deflated.

88. shadywarrior says: Oct 18, 2016 2:02 PM

Also on the subject of technology, I haven’t seen any national mention of the Patriots’ own headsets going out during the game last weekend and them having to go old school. Only if it fits the narrative, right?

89. bigsaintdogs says: Oct 18, 2016 2:02 PM

I travel allot for work and over the past few years have seen 1 (as in single) person using a MS Surface. All I see is iPhones, Androids, allot of iPads, Android Tablets, IBM/Lenovo laptops for businessmen, HP for Government and Macbooks.

I think the market share says these tablet/laptops suck!

90. PFT's Most Moderated says: Oct 18, 2016 2:04 PM

RussianBreadMaker says:
    Oct 18, 2016 1:57 PM

———————————-

Yet even with declining PC sales, devices with Windows outsell Macbooks 100 to 1. Why? Because Macs aren’t really useful outside of the hipster community and are rarely used for anything truly productive.

91. chippys lost binky says: Oct 18, 2016 2:05 PM

war27 says:
    Oct 18, 2016 1:57 PM

That’s what many teams have said about their headsets in Foxboro.
    ++++++++++++++++++

Including the Patriots. Way to keep

92. dvdman123 says: Oct 18, 2016 2:06 PM

Can we just suspend him for the remainder of the season for that comment? The NFL will be a better place without him.

93. nfl289 says: Oct 18, 2016 2:06 PM

He is just mad he cant hack into them.

CHEATER

94. baytownbombers says: Oct 18, 2016 2:07 PM

It doesn’t matter. With all of the new rules we will all be watching virtual football through a VR headest soon.

95. brimab says: Oct 18, 2016 2:08 PM

I’m not surprised. Those things are garbage. Our company deployed them and they’ve been nothing but trouble. Crappy hardware and horrible support from MS.

96. dstroi says: Oct 18, 2016 2:08 PM

steelcurtainn says:
    Oct 18, 2016 12:54 PM
    ****************************************************
    your team cheats .com – where does your team rank again? Just curious

97. kenmasters34 says: Oct 18, 2016 2:09 PM

@88ibis says:
    “I guess Bill needs my 9 year old son or 5 year old daughter to stand next to him during games and operate his Surface. ”

I doubt the software that the NFL uses on the sidelines is preloaded into your daughters Surface.

98. intrafinesse says: Oct 18, 2016 2:10 PM

Roger Goodell will dock the Patriots a 1st round pick if they jeopardize the $400 million.

All kidding aside, Belichick should QUIETLY stop using them and not make any announcement at all.

99. mmack66 says: Oct 18, 2016 2:12 PM

He probably gets stuck having to watch 2 or 3 Draft Duel/Fan Kings ads every time he tries to watch a video.

100. bucsorbust says: Oct 18, 2016 2:13 PM

Coach Bill won’t like anything that doesn’t get him an unfair advantage over another team. I’m betting when he talked to Tom Brady about it, Tom just said “I agree, and there’s also no place to stick the needle in.”

101. nfl fan says: Oct 18, 2016 2:14 PM

Try re-booting Bill, or switch to an apple.

102. mongo3401 says: Oct 18, 2016 2:14 PM

The software is fine. Problem is it opens up and you swipe it from play to play then there is view to view. Each window is isolated on one play with no way to see plays/views side by side With paper you can put any you choose side by side and choose whatever you want to see immediately without closing a window and opening another window. BB is well versed on technology. It’s a very good tool but when you have to close a window and open a window, it sucks. Add to that a few hundred wireless band widths seeking entrance on game day? Yeah it sucks

103. blackbug99 says: Oct 18, 2016 2:15 PM

tedmurph says:
    Oct 18, 2016 12:59 PM
    ************************************************
    LOL, his VCR time is still flashing from the last power out.

If paper works, paper works!

104. fishyinalittledishy says: Oct 18, 2016 2:15 PM

grumpysal says:
    Oct 18, 2016 1:09 PM
    “In the fourth quarter, those surface tablets are running a windows update.”

Gotta say, this made me giggle a bit.
    —————
    I second that. Post of the week. Why because not only funny but so true. Strange that people would give it a thumbs down. I suppose you can’t please everybody.

105. mongo3401 says: Oct 18, 2016 2:15 PM

You can Thank Steven Ross, king of Hudson yards as opposed to team owner , for pushing the NFL for this. Just sayin

106. hehateme2 says: Oct 18, 2016 2:15 PM

Belicheats ONLY interest in tablets was to attempt to hack into the opponent’s info. Due to his failure… he’s back to paper cut outs.

Always looks for new ways to cheat the system. Gotta hand it to him.

107. bannedfromchoirpractice says: Oct 18, 2016 2:16 PM

Belichick was one baby step away from claiming the tablets are rigged; they have a Buffalo Bills bias.

108. mmack66 says: Oct 18, 2016 2:17 PM

war27 says:
    Oct 18, 2016 1:57 PM

That’s what many teams have said about their headsets in Foxboro.
    ————————-

And every other stadium in the league.

109. quizguy66 says: Oct 18, 2016 2:18 PM

Probably frustrated that he couldn’t catch that charizard

110. bigbroncomama says: Oct 18, 2016 2:23 PM

LOL at Mr. Paranoid! Somebody may be watching me!

111. oddte says: Oct 18, 2016 2:23 PM

whocares69 says:
    Oct 18, 2016 1:50 PM
    Bill Belichick : Get Bill Gates in here!

Bill Gates “It is faster, over 5 Mil-“

_____________

Bill Gates retired a decade ago.

112. citpyrc says: Oct 18, 2016 2:23 PM

I bet no one else’s tablets will work in Gillette stadium from now on also.

113. flybono24 says: Oct 18, 2016 2:24 PM

He’s just upset because he assumed you could see the OTHER team’s plays on them.

114. stevegrogannakedbootleg says: Oct 18, 2016 2:25 PM

Microsoft fails to qualify as Wildcard after Bill Gates didn’t run the ball and Coach B lets the clock wind .

115. superpatriotsfan says: Oct 18, 2016 2:25 PM

He thought he would be able to view the other team’s playbook using the surface.

116. wyntyrmute says: Oct 18, 2016 2:26 PM

Obviously the implementation is flawed. It has to be a nightmare to expect any tablet to work flawlessly when you consider the environment and security concerns.

I’ve used the iPad, the Galaxy and the Surface and honestly the Surface is the better product. That said all three are just fine.

117. psmith7716 says: Oct 18, 2016 2:27 PM

Coach obviously does not need them.

118. mongo3401 says: Oct 18, 2016 2:30 PM

Steve Allen approves the use of tablets and Thanks the NFL for taking his pocket change to use them.

119. lifetimefan says: Oct 18, 2016 2:31 PM

Roger will hire Teddy Wells and Co. to investigate the tablets. If necessary Teddy will go all the way back to Moses in an attempt to discredit the Pats and BB. It is more probable than not that he will find no wrongdoing on the part of the Pats. Regardless of what evidence he finds to support some other reason for their failure it is also more probable than not that he will find whatever Roger tells him to find.

120. cliffordt says: Oct 18, 2016 2:32 PM

That’s awesome. I never liked Belichick before, but I like his reaction here.

121. lifetimefan says: Oct 18, 2016 2:33 PM

Just like the falsely under-inflated ball(s) that gave the Pats so much of an advantage………..They did better after they stopped using them.

122. arcross12042004scorp15 says: Oct 18, 2016 2:35 PM

Late night commercial
    Sarah McLoughlin singing in the background as the abused tablet hits the wall and falls helplessly to the ground. Please Give …protect these tablets, that can’t protect themselves.
    # Tablet lives matter

123. lifetimefan says: Oct 18, 2016 2:38 PM

Jonny Har-Bawl will probably complain to Roger that everyone knows the tables suck so it is an unfair advantage to not use them………..and its deceptive to look like you are using them when in reality you are using pictures.

He may petition the league to force BB to use the tablets like everyone else.

124. piratefreedom says: Oct 18, 2016 2:38 PM

Emmanuel Goldstein says:
    Oct 18, 2016 1:01 PM

—————————-

not necessarily. there are network and software issues. when I read Bill’s explanation it is quite clear that the issue isn’t the tablet hardware failures which are rare in my experience, the issue is software and the network where problems in transient setups by incompetent people (and this is the NFL head office) are very much the rule not the exception.

125. tigerlilac says: Oct 18, 2016 2:40 PM

Goodell just announced he’s fining the Patriots and docking them another draft pick due to the Jets 1 – 5 start.

126. Staticphear says: Oct 18, 2016 2:41 PM

Best Surface Tablet = $3199
    16 GB RAM

Best Ipad Pro = $1129
    4GB RAM

I have no idea what version of surface tablet they are using but there are ALOT of options. If the NFL choose the cheapest Tablet ($700) of course it would have issues.

127. gregbeau says: Oct 18, 2016 2:41 PM

Maybe BB really is a techno-phobe. Remember that segment in his “A Football Life” profile when he was complaining about not being able to adjust the clock in his Toyota?

128. pft264 says: Oct 18, 2016 2:44 PM

Big surprise, Microsoft “technology” failed.

129. throwingstones20 says: Oct 18, 2016 2:46 PM

A couple weeks ago he spiked a tablet. I am surprised he didn’t get fined for that.

130. randomcommenter says: Oct 18, 2016 2:47 PM

Hey Bill, maybe you’re getting a taste of what it’s like when your opponent’s headsets mysteriously go out at key moments of the game on a regular basis at spygate stadium.

131. boogerhut says: Oct 18, 2016 2:48 PM

Too tight security on the network eh Bill?

132. FoozieGrooler says: Oct 18, 2016 2:48 PM

Sounds like he can’t figure the thing out.
    Keeps looking for films from upstairs, can only find Solitaire.
    Or porn.

133. randomguy9999 says: Oct 18, 2016 2:50 PM

Microsoft didn’t just pay them a fee and send thm a bunch of PCs (they are PCs not tablets)

MS has a crew of at least 40 guys at every game 48 hours early to make sure everything goes right and S has written tons of custom programming for this, their top fight guys, I know some of them an I can tell you if BB had a complaint that he voiced they would work it to the bone

in fact, the number one problem with sideeline computing in the poor state and maintebnance of the staadiums wifi systems…. and that is 100% on the owners and the NFL and has zero to do with MS

in this real time playback scenario and for usage of normal and custom windows programming, there is simply no other product, essp an android or Ipad , that has the infrastucture to do it

if BB wan’ts to keep on living in thee computing 90s, he can continue to do that, but it’s not smart

134. bannedfromchoirpractice says: Oct 18, 2016 2:50 PM

Considering this is coming from a guy who cuts the sleeves off his sweatshirts with a dull steak knife, it’s not at all surprising that he can’t operate a tablet.

135. pioniere says: Oct 18, 2016 2:51 PM

scrp2 says:
    Oct 18, 2016 12:59 PM

In the fourth quarter, those surface tablets are running a windows update.

———————————-

Best comment of the day!!

136. luther6 says: Oct 18, 2016 2:54 PM

I’m a Bills fan, and I can’t help but love Belichick.

137. tylawspick6 says: Oct 18, 2016 2:56 PM

2010:

Bill Cowher: “You know, let me just say this: To answer your question, no, I don’t think so (it’s not an advantage for one team over another).
    I just know as a head coach, you are always looking for a competitive edge. We had people out there trying to look at signals. We had guys go to games. They would tape the signal caller and also write it down. They would take it back and match up the signals with the game film and certain defenses with certain plays that were being called, particularly the defenses being called, to see if we could come up with some kind of an alert for a signal. So, what they did with videotaping the signal caller, people do it with the people in the stands!!
    These people sitting there in the stands, looking at the signal, writing it down and matching up the 1st and 10 signal. Ok? Then you go back again and the 2nd and 10 and here’s the signal. You do that for a whole game.
    You then go back and match up the defenses with the signal. And you can come up with what the signal was.
    So, you don;’t need a video tape with what they were talking about doing. And people were doing it. WE were doing that. Everybody does that. You’re TRYING to gain a competitive edge. There is nothing wrong with that.
    That’s why baseball players go through the mirage of signals. They’ve got all these different codes. That’s part of the competitive spirit of the game. I think it’s totally overblown. I think if you get caught (signals compromised), then do what we did and go to wristbands, you are worried about it. We started putting defenses on wristbands. Then you find a way to not get caught (signals compromised). When your good at something and people try steal from ya, I think it’s flattering.”

138. 3yardsndust says: Oct 18, 2016 2:59 PM

In related news, Belichick indicated he also despised his Zune.

139. profootball13 says: Oct 18, 2016 3:08 PM

It obviously isn’t up to his Cheating standards……

140. rogerWWEgoodell says: Oct 18, 2016 3:09 PM

It’s windows, throw linux on it and he’d have no problems.

141. jfm215 says: Oct 18, 2016 3:13 PM

oh and by the way the Patriots headsets went dead at Gillette for the Pats..? heard a word about? yeah didnt think so….we dont make excuses..we win

randomcommenter says:
    Oct 18, 2016 2:47 PM

142. bleedingfacemask says: Oct 18, 2016 3:16 PM

It’s so funny to see so many people commenting that the NFL should switch tablets to the iPad, primarily because the NFL would never consider paying Apple that much money to sponsor their products.

143. stikman32000 says: Oct 18, 2016 3:16 PM

Coming soon: Pencilgate! League investigating Belichick for using non-league approved pencils! Brady more than likely knew about it!

144. eaglesnoles05 says: Oct 18, 2016 3:22 PM

He is right. It’s technology use just for the purpose of its use. A picture wont EVER vanish or turn to a blank paper with a spinning wait icon on it. But that has probably has happened at least once ever on an nfl sideline, so therefore the tablet is less dependable. Prob and Stats 101.

145. tncheese says: Oct 18, 2016 3:25 PM

He needs to hire his grandkids or some kindergartners to teach him & staff how to use them.

146. kingjoe1 says: Oct 18, 2016 3:26 PM

Old people don’t get it.

147. mmack66 says: Oct 18, 2016 3:28 PM

bucsorbust says:
    Oct 18, 2016 2:13 PM

—————————-

Bill Belichick has an advantage over most of the other coaches in the NFL, and it has nothing to do with cheating or unfairness.

148. thisistheonlygame says: Oct 18, 2016 3:34 PM

Technology is sometimes scary for old people. Next BB will tell us about the woes of flip phones and how rotary phones are much more dependable and consistent.

149. EJ says: Oct 18, 2016 3:35 PM

He is just embarrassed that he acted like a little girl in the game against Buffalo, throwing his tablet after apparently calling the wrong play. Now the masses will believe he threw it because it wasn’t working. Belichick is also miffed that he’s not able to break through his opponent’s firewall to steal their plays like he has in years past. Once a cheater, always a cheater. #Belicheat #TabletAbuse

150. lscottman3 says: Oct 18, 2016 3:39 PM

trolls gotta love them, but guess what, we love BB more!

151. memberberry says: Oct 18, 2016 3:39 PM

^ Anybody with a brain.

152. newsletterczar says: Oct 18, 2016 3:40 PM

Everyone knows that the league listens to and records the conversations between the coaches in the booth and the bench, right? Just imagine BB is hearing from the booth “3 tight ends” for the opposing teams offense coming onto the field and he looks at his tablet and goes “OK, um, right here, no” and by then you better hope you have the right player on the field and everyone lines up where they are supposed to. BB has had the right players on the field in the right places for a long time and if looking down at tablet costs him that one time don’t be standing there when he throws the tablet at the bench. I love my IPAD but sometimes I look at it like it is stupid, then I realized I am the stupid one. But I don’t throw it.

153. hamlet423 says: Oct 18, 2016 3:40 PM

According to director of Officiating, Dean Blandino officials will be watching Coach Bill

if he throws the tablet or breaks, it will draw a penalty.

It is the next logical step for all these unsportsmanlike conduct penalites for end zone celebrations.

Coach violations for surface tablet abuse.

It will correspond to another $400 million to the league from Microsoft.

The other thing–maybe the league is monitoring all patriots communications through their surface tablets?

154. jmdanieli says: Oct 18, 2016 3:44 PM

———————————————————-You mean the headsets that the NFL controls?

155. fireroger says: Oct 18, 2016 3:47 PM

BB … can’t figure out his car radio clock but (according to some) can figure out how to get multiple radio frequencies in the QB helmet.

Gotcha -wink wink –

156. fireroger says: Oct 18, 2016 3:50 PM

EJ says:
    Oct 18, 2016 3:35 PM
    =============================
    Two things are funny about this post …

1) You don’t use a tablet to call plays (they are used to review plays)
    2) You don’t use a tablet to crack through a firewall

157. beastsportsnetwork says: Oct 18, 2016 3:53 PM

I was going to order 100 of those tablets for my business but now, I’m going to take a hard look at iPads instead. Thanks Coach!

158. FlashPatterson says: Oct 18, 2016 3:54 PM

dcpatfan says:
    Oct 18, 2016 1:02 PM
    The Undisputed Greatest Coach In NFL History. Its not even debatable anymore.

I am So PROUD to be A Patriot!!!

…………………………………….
    Tom you need to chill.

159. thefirstsmilergrogan says: Oct 18, 2016 3:58 PM

hearing this news, the techies in the patriots info department who had been trying to teach the impatient belichick how to use the tablet are throwing a party………..

160. richndc says: Oct 18, 2016 3:58 PM

I have noticed every time there is an article about the Pats, there are many, many comments about cheating. You would think they have been caught cheating and were punished for it or something? More than once, more than twice, more…..

161. bigbroncomama says: Oct 18, 2016 3:58 PM

Tablets are so yesterday for the Pats. You do know that they have their own orbiting satellite with sophisticated spyware that puts the CIA to shame? Yes, the Pats are that good and are believed to be working with the N. Koreans on newer technology. Secure your bunkers men, the Patriots are coming and they are coming hard and fast!

162. spillertime21 says: Oct 18, 2016 4:09 PM

As technology advances it’s getting harder and harder for him to cheat.

He can’t just record other teams practices and then have Goodell destroy the evidence like the good ole days

163. greggallmansliver says: Oct 18, 2016 4:10 PM

randomguy9999 says:
    Oct 18, 2016 2:50 PM

========================================
    Microsoft’s site “The Official TABLET of the NFL”. It runs one app – Sideline Viewing system”. There are a number of Wi-Fi and LAN networks in every stadium. Some private, some public. Some managed by the team and several the NFL hires a third party to manage during the game. Assistant coaches are hard wired to the network.
    The app provides video and stills that can be drawn on. The only advantage MS has is the durability of the tablet to withstand the weather and harsh handling. Minimal “computing” taking place and other operating systems are more than capable of handling a similar app.

164. patsfan4lifesbchamps says: Oct 18, 2016 4:13 PM

Belichick = GOAT

165. jgedgar70 says: Oct 18, 2016 4:19 PM

Of course BB doesn’t like the tablets. He’s still getting used to that flip phone thingy.

166. bullcharger says: Oct 18, 2016 4:27 PM

Technology that is unreliable is less useful then a shoebox. Switch to apple boys. it works.

167. bullcharger says: Oct 18, 2016 4:30 PM

greggallmansliver says:
    Oct 18, 2016 4:10 PM
    randomguy9999 says:
    Oct 18, 2016 2:50 PM
    ========================================

—————

If tech doesn’t work when you need it most it’s useless.

Pilots of most major carriers already use iPads for paperless flight bags. it is reliable, including the network.

The NFL needs to get their act together. What they want is easily doable.

168. folkcrusader says: Oct 18, 2016 4:31 PM

I obviously have no information but my 30 years of networking experience would be looking at the wireless bandwidth situation at Gillette. Headset issues, pc issues? What do they have in common? I’m sure BB will do just fine without a PC for now – it’s only been a year of doing this. But at some point it will be a disadvantage. They need to clean up the problem.

169. danceformemarionetteboy says: Oct 18, 2016 4:33 PM

Of course he is.

Computers leave trails and we all know Pats are diligent about erasing the evidence.

Like Hillary.

170. whispersd says: Oct 18, 2016 4:37 PM

^^^
    This is just a joke, Pats fans.

Deflate Gate was a joke that got out of control. I think the NFL front office has moved beyond parody. You literally cannot put forth any possible parody of Goodell’s behavior that is too ludicrous to be believed.

171. RE LEE says: Oct 18, 2016 4:38 PM

Just wished he asked Gronk to spike the darn thing.

172. lifetimefan says: Oct 18, 2016 4:41 PM

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Opps……….but they played better after the incident, just like they played better after the supposedly intentional underinflated ball.

173. whispersd says: Oct 18, 2016 4:41 PM

Hey! an intelligent comment!
    Agree completely that this is a networking issue and not an issue specific to the tablets. It’s not just the tablets that fail – the helmet communications are also very unreliable. What makes things worse is that the NFL has an inconsistent policy about what technologies teams are blacked out from using if the product isn’t working on the other sideline.

Basically the NFL’s tech division is run by idiots. MS does what they can but they’re not in charge of the wifi.

174. joetoronto says: Oct 18, 2016 4:42 PM

I can’t remember the last Microsoft product I bought, it’s all trash.

Spend the extra money and go Apple, you’ll never go back.

175. mcdeez22 says: Oct 18, 2016 4:42 PM

Oh THOSE sideline tablets. I thought this was about the HGH pills his players pop on the sidelines. Bill is okay with those sideline tablets.

176. vavikingfan says: Oct 18, 2016 4:45 PM

This will happen when Blandino gets his promotion for improving officiating.

177. whispersd says: Oct 18, 2016 4:47 PM

That people are still passing on slanderous lies like this just serves to underscore Goodell’s failure of leadership.

No, Belichick never taped practices. No, Goodell didn’t destroy tapes as a favor to the Patriots. He destroyed the tapes because his own staff wouldn’t follow his order to not leak them to the media.

These are facts that have been known for about a decade now. I guess some people have flat learning curves and are incapable of assimilating new information unless it fits with their prejudices.

178. marima07 says: Oct 18, 2016 4:48 PM

Games have been so bad this year, even the tablets turn themselves off before halftime.

179. qbarrel says: Oct 18, 2016 4:48 PM

patfanken says:
    Oct 18, 2016 1:09 PM

——————————–

Sock Puppet Jeff Fisher….reading this made coffee come out my nose.

180. The Truth says: Oct 18, 2016 4:49 PM

He’s a foolish football coach which has nothing to do with being intelligent.

181. vancouversportsbro says: Oct 18, 2016 4:50 PM

Meanwhile Jeff Fisher probably plays solitaire during the game on his.

182. nimbushex says: Oct 18, 2016 5:08 PM

Easy to pile on Microsoft, but remember there’s a lot of different factors at play when it comes to the app that they’re using that could have nothing to do with the tablet or app functionality itself. There’s also a (probably good) chance that Belichick simply doesn’t understand how to use it correctly.

183. maust1013 says: Oct 18, 2016 5:10 PM

kingjoe1 says:
    Oct 18, 2016 3:26 PM
    Old people don’t get it.
    ===============

He certainly gets the wins.

184. spreth1 says: Oct 18, 2016 5:21 PM

To all of the armchair comedians here . . .

5-1 and counting . . .

185. war27 says: Oct 18, 2016 5:23 PM

chippys lost binky says:
    Oct 18, 2016 2:05 PM
    war27 says:
    Oct 18, 2016 1:57 PM

That’s what many teams have said about their headsets in Foxboro.
    ++++++++++++++++++

Including the Patriots. Way to keep

—————

Forcing teams to act like it’s 1975 when going to Foxboro while the pats practice for some phantom radio issues doesn’t make it right.

186. LyinRogerMustGo says: Oct 18, 2016 5:38 PM

Today is October 18.

It just feels like a release-the-PSI-measurements-from-last-year kind of day don’t you think?

187. jaxon51 says: Oct 18, 2016 5:55 PM

“Morse code-ing plays into Brady from Ernie Adams bat cave works much better for me”…..****

188. cannonballdookie says: Oct 18, 2016 5:58 PM

It probably got a nasty virus from all the spyware on it.
    Get it…

189. weepingjebus says: Oct 18, 2016 6:03 PM

Microsoft just released a short statement saying they respect his decision. Which is smart, because if you anger him more he will come at you like a spider monkey.

190. youknowiknowitall says: Oct 18, 2016 6:03 PM

… and nothing you’ve written makes your comment the truth.

191. dimi1919 says: Oct 18, 2016 6:09 PM

So what he doesn’t wanna use a tablet. Not too many people his age are tech experts anyway. Kicking it old school is awesome.

192. dtp15 says: Oct 18, 2016 6:10 PM

One note must keep crashing

193. raymondmac says: Oct 18, 2016 6:11 PM

Buffoons repeat mindless demeaning crap about sisters.
    Case in point:
    EJ says: “He is just embarrassed that he acted like a little girl”

Right.
    In EJ’s private Idaho, it’s the girls that throw fits and act like buffoons.

not grown ‘macho’ men.

grow up… try a few new concepts

194. jstamper3377 says: Oct 18, 2016 6:14 PM

steelcurtainn says:
    Oct 18, 2016 12:54 PM

———————————————————-

You have an unreal lack of self awareness. Your head coach literally stepped on the field and tripped an opposing player to stop him from scoring. Your team dr. Was arrested for distributing steroids. Despite that, you call others cheaters. I think a little self reflection is in order.

195. zeke2517 says: Oct 18, 2016 6:15 PM

I wouldn’t want to use a crappy knockoff iPad either, especially if it was the only option because of corporate sponsorship.

196. bassicdave says: Oct 18, 2016 6:28 PM

newenglandsports11 says:
    Oct 18, 2016 12:57 PM

—-

Apple, if Apple coughed up $400 mil and 1000 faulty computers.

197. bassicdave says: Oct 18, 2016 6:30 PM

Bet you anything it has nothing to do with the tablets. More likely it’s the network, bandwidth, and a million other glitches that haven’t been ironed out in Year One.

198. ibillwt says: Oct 18, 2016 6:33 PM

Is it any wonder that EVERY football fan either openly or secretly desperately wants him to be their team’s coach.
    I love it.

199. trailerparkking says: Oct 18, 2016 6:38 PM

Fine the no good serial cheater!

200. factpurveyor says: Oct 18, 2016 7:41 PM

Ban stupid comments!
    And we will never again have to read the word “cheater”. under a Patriots related PFT article.

201. asainta says: Oct 18, 2016 10:25 PM

I wonder if the plays on the tablet look like a Madden playbook????

202. youradarnfoo says: Oct 19, 2016 8:26 AM

let’s face it Patriots fan. your coach is a fraud, your QB is a fraud. the whole organization is a joke. how can any Pats fan defend cheating. there mono is ” if you ain’t cheating you ain’t trying” you been caught many times. we will hear years down the road someone snitching on the pats cheating ways…

203. patsdrukker says: Oct 19, 2016 9:30 AM

“seriously, who in their right mind would buy a Microsoft Surface over an iPad???” – Pay me just one percent of what the NFL got from this deal and I would. Happily.

204. veddermn8 says: Oct 19, 2016 9:50 AM

NFL leaks bad information to Mortensen and refuses to correct it for 4 months. Belichick says tablets are unreliable and the NFL defends sponsor within hours. Got it.

205. j0esixpack says: Oct 19, 2016 10:30 AM

Isn’t it hilarious how Goodell got so many fans to over-react to “Spygate” now in hindsight?

Back then the notion that coaches could some how get real time game film and signal call interpretation and analysis was laughable – and yet somehow fans thought that was going on

Today with tablets that the NFL itself is putting in coaches hands, all of that is easily at their fingertips and no one says squat

Most fans still don’t quite comprehend that “Spygate” was the violation of a new 2006 rule saying cameras now had to be in the stands – and a violation by the Patriots of that in the first half of the first game of the 2007 season

Yet you still see the average Hatriot fan showing their incredible grasp of logic by saying a new 2006 rule invalidates the 2001-2004 Super Bowls

Geniuses like that make it tough not to feel intellectually superior as a Patriot fan

206. guypatsfan says: Oct 19, 2016 11:23 AM

Two words for you, Coach B – Ubuntu Linux. Problem solved!

207. dadsource says: Oct 19, 2016 11:35 AM

I bought a surface and it’s USELESS! It’s so slow, I end up looking at it for 20 minutes just for it to do a lousy job at one thing.

Ipads WORK. The surface does NOT! If you even hint at an argument about this, you have either never tried them or are a troll!!!!!!

I HATE THE SURFACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a nice one for sale, though….LOL!

208. julyeast says: Oct 19, 2016 11:42 AM

if he did not get suspended for cheating, and if he did not get suspended when his QB ordered ballboys to tamper with the pigskin, I do not think he is going to suspended for bad-mouthing a product the NFL is in a partnership with

209. fireroger says: Oct 19, 2016 11:49 AM

war27 says:
    Oct 18, 2016 5:23 PM

============
    You’re right (with the exception of the year which was 1994). The problem is it’s an NFL wide issue. Not a Patriots issue. Forcing and being prepared are two completely different animals.

210. Lemmy Aksyadis says: Oct 19, 2016 1:19 PM

youradarnfoo says:
    Oct 19, 2016 8:26 AM

Actually our mono is better than your stereo.

You just keep your ears open for that snitch. Could be a while. BTW, that whole “‘cheatin and tryin” thing was Al Davis. Don’t expect newbies to understand.

211. thetooloftools says: Oct 20, 2016 8:43 PM

I’m ashamed of them !
    Not the Patriots, the tablets which I will now never buy.
    Not good enough for the best coach ever in the NFL,
    not good enough for me.
    Microcrap.

212. exinsidetrader says: Oct 21, 2016 6:20 PM

This is upper-level thinking: What he is actually saying is if you want me to advertise your tablet you have to pay me directly.

213. tindeaux says: Oct 21, 2016 6:42 PM

’cause bill billichick can’t cheat with that thing…

214. lanman11 says: Oct 21, 2016 8:14 PM

Remember after Day 2 of the draft, discussing the Garappolo selection, and Belichick threw out this gem to a reporter asking about the validity of the bogus Patriots scouting report on Manziel that was circulating on the Internet? Priceless….

“…..What’s online, you should go talk to the geniuses that are online. I don’t know. MyFace, YourFace, InstantFace. Go talk to whoever you want that does that stuff. I don’t know.”

He cracks me up….

215. timbertrailsil says: Oct 23, 2016 8:54 AM

Maybe he was upset cause he had Aaron Rodgers on his fan duel team?

216. 1historian says: Oct 24, 2016 10:54 PM