Mike McCarthy: Eddie Lacy has “made a little bit of progress”

GREEN BAY, WI - OCTOBER 16:  Eddie Lacy #27 of the Green Bay Packers leaps over Byron Jones #31 of the Dallas Cowboys for extra yards during the first quarter at Lambeau Field on October 16, 2016 in Green Bay, Wisconsin.  (Photo by Dylan Buell/Getty Images) Getty Images

There’s been word that Packers running back Eddie Lacy will miss multiple weeks as a result of the ankle injury he’s been dealing with since Week Five, although a league source told PFT that is “speculation” at this point and that nothing has been determined with Lacy seeking other medical opinions.

That was pretty much the word from Packers coach Mike McCarthy on Wednesday as well. McCarthy didn’t rule Lacy out for this week’s game and said that he’s “made a little bit of progress,” although he conceded that it will be a stretch for him to play against the Bears on Thursday night.

“He’s going to have to have a wonderful, great 24 hours to play in the game,” McCarthy said, via the team’s website. “We’ll see what tomorrow brings, but he will be working in the large rehab group today.”

With Lacy looking like a no-go for Thursday, the Packers will be working to get the newly acquired Knile Davis up to speed. McCarthy called him a “natural” on the field after one practice and said he thought Davis would be “fine” despite the large amount of information he needs to absorb in a short period of time.

Wide receivers Ty Montgomery and Randall Cobb could also see time in the backfield and the Packers could elevate Don Jackson from the practice squad before kickoff.

Permalink 28 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Chicago Bears, Green Bay Packers, Home, Rumor Mill
28 Responses to “Mike McCarthy: Eddie Lacy has “made a little bit of progress””
  1. factschecker says: Oct 19, 2016 12:09 PM

Mike McCarthy: Eddie Lacy has “made a little bit of progress” Then smothered it in cheese, mushrooms and onions. It was delicious. Next time I hope he makes a lot more progress.

2. lukeshow says: Oct 19, 2016 12:17 PM

He’s fat. Jk.

I think knile davis will actually be a good fit. He can catch out of the backfield, unlike lacy. I hope he flops, though, because I hate the packers almost as much as ISIS.

Oh, and Eddie Lacy is fat.

3. skol4life says: Oct 19, 2016 12:18 PM

He’s made a bit of progress. He’s 3.5 feet into a six foot sub.

4. sconnyslovethemsomecousins says: Oct 19, 2016 12:28 PM

“…but he will be working in the LARGE rehab group today.”

Umm yeah, I think everyone assumed that he wouldn’t be in the “small” group.

5. screamingyellowzonkers says: Oct 19, 2016 12:32 PM

If Davis blames the problems on everybody but McCarthy and Rodgers, and then praises Rodger’s on every play, it will be a good fit.

6. jjackwagon says: Oct 19, 2016 12:36 PM

Once Davis starts rolling, the Packers will keep Lacy on the sidelines for a long time.

7. The Almighty Cabbage says: Oct 19, 2016 12:38 PM

Holy cow! Five for five!

8. cheeseisfattening says: Oct 19, 2016 12:39 PM

I wonder what a wonderful, great 24 hours is to Lacy as opposed to everyday? Extra gravy on his donuts? Triple cheeseburgers instead of doubles?

But seriously, can you image what this guy is going to look like if he has to spend 2 or 3 weeks off his feet to let that ankle rest?

9. packrule says: Oct 19, 2016 12:49 PM

I don’t get how we can’t call up our PS guy who at least has had a few weeks of practice. I love GB but stupid is as stupid does. Reminds me of the year AR got hurt and we had no back up option other then Scott Tolzien…….you all remember how that went.

10. In Teddy We Trust says: Oct 19, 2016 12:49 PM

Hey, is it too late to get in on that “Eddie Lacy is fat” thing? Is that bit still fresh?

Yeah? Okay. Eddie Lacy is so fat, I took a picture of him during the last game and it’s still printing.

11. nard100 says: Oct 19, 2016 1:11 PM

Oh well Eddie, when Knile gets on the field, I think you are done. Think of it this way… more time to eat hot dogs and good southern cooking.

12. wafflestomp says: Oct 19, 2016 1:22 PM

In Teddy We Trust says:
    Oct 19, 2016 12:49 PM
    —————————-
    No, the daily fat jokes never get old, especially when the same ones are retold over and over again.

What I do find odd though, is how the Barney fans feel weight issues are such a terrible vice in an NFL player or coach’s life.
    But, a coach driving drunk or a player torturing a small child get a free pass.
    Not only do you justify and rationalize it, it doesn’t seem to even bother you guys in the least.
    It just comes off as a little strange to me.

But, I digress, back to your parade of endless fat jokes.

13. skol4life says: Oct 19, 2016 1:25 PM

In Teddy We Trust says:
    Oct 19, 2016 12:49 PM

——————-
    You Win! LMAO!!!!

14. rolltide510 says: Oct 19, 2016 1:25 PM

Yeah, Knile Davis is going to make everybody forget about Lacy. He’s a disappointing fourth stringer the Chiefs had been shopping for months and finally found a team to give him away for next to nothing to, but watch out!

15. 13xworldchamps says: Oct 19, 2016 1:37 PM

I’d rather have a guy that’s overweight and is a good person as opposed to someone who beat a defenseless child with a switch…….

16. contra74 says: Oct 19, 2016 1:43 PM

In Teddy We Trust says:
    Oct 19, 2016 12:49 PM

—–
    I feel you. My DVR ran out of memory during one of his run plays.

17. Carl Gerbschmidt says: Oct 19, 2016 1:57 PM

Two things in life are certain: Death and the fact that the first 10 posts on any packer story will be from vike fans.

18. Carl Gerbschmidt says: Oct 19, 2016 1:58 PM

13xworldchamps says:
    Oct 19, 2016 1:37 PM

——–

Everyone would, except for vike fans.

19. contra74 says: Oct 19, 2016 2:03 PM

Carl Gerbschmidt says:
    Oct 19, 2016 1:57 PM
    Two things in life are certain: Death and the fact that the first 10 posts on any VIKING story will be from packer fans.
    —-
    There, fixed it for you.

20. In Teddy We Trust says: Oct 19, 2016 2:04 PM

Carl Gerbschmidt says:
    Oct 19, 2016 1:57 PM

______

A third thing that is certain is that Packer fans will have absolutely no sense of humor about their team.

21. lindacaseauthor says: Oct 19, 2016 2:16 PM

I would never fat shame anyone, unlike Donald Duck Trump, but this is a professional football player paid very well to stay in shape and give his best. PX90, although a sensational workout program, doesn’t address Eddie’s real problem: an eating disorder. Add in poor role models around him, i.e. McMuffin, and the kiddo obviously needs more intense help than he’s getting. But leave it to the Cheeseheads organization to minimize the problem to keep the neurotic fans on an even keel and away from box cutters.

22. nathanp2013 says: Oct 19, 2016 3:39 PM

If he can’t work out for several weeks he may end up being a nost tackle by the time he gets back

23. stellarperformance says: Oct 19, 2016 3:43 PM

The Packers’ running game has out-performed the Vikings’ running game three prior years in a row and again this year, and at less than 30% of the cost. I think that’s pretty funny.

24. senxic says: Oct 19, 2016 3:54 PM

Yet another plentiful example of nothing but pollution coming from viking fans.

I would be embarrassed, but I digress.

Lacy needs to just take a week or two off instead of prolonging it. See what Kniles can do.

25. andrwken says: Oct 19, 2016 4:46 PM

In Teddy We Trust says:
    Oct 19, 2016 2:04 PM
    Carl Gerbschmidt says:
    Oct 19, 2016 1:57 PM

______

Think back a year ago. Think about when we were 6-0. A few games later you were humiliated by the packers.

I remember how butthurt you guys were.

That was not even a year ago. I didn’t realize you guys have been proclaimed a dynasty already. I apologize for not noticing.

See, I have a sense of humor……

26. gtodriver says: Oct 19, 2016 5:34 PM

andrwken says:

I remember how butthurt you guys were.

See, I have a sense of humor……
    ——————————————

I have one too.

That win in October was one of the few bright spots of the Packers season after that fantastic 6 – 0 start.

The Packers losing all three home games against the NFC North was hilarious to me – as the Pack went 4 – 6 to close out the season.

27. aferraridriver says: Oct 20, 2016 11:10 AM

Quote: jjackwagon says:
    Oct 19, 2016 12:36 PM

*************************************************

From the looks of Lacy, I’ll put my money on Lacy being able to “out-roll” Davis

28. aferraridriver says: Oct 20, 2016 11:16 AM

Thompson should be looking over the 2017 draft class for a replacement running back. I fully expect Eddie to eat himself right out of the league and Thompson would be wise to pass on the “big” contract for a fat running back who will be one more step slower next year.

However, I follow tennis as well as football and Serena Williams has surprised me over the years with her stellar play in spite of an oversized body.

Let our GM made the call and earn his big bucks.