Mike McCarthy: Eddie Lacy has “made a little bit of progress”

Getty Images

There’s been word that Packers running back Eddie Lacy will miss multiple weeks as a result of the ankle injury he’s been dealing with since Week Five, although a league source told PFT that is “speculation” at this point and that nothing has been determined with Lacy seeking other medical opinions.

That was pretty much the word from Packers coach Mike McCarthy on Wednesday as well. McCarthy didn’t rule Lacy out for this week’s game and said that he’s “made a little bit of progress,” although he conceded that it will be a stretch for him to play against the Bears on Thursday night.

“He’s going to have to have a wonderful, great 24 hours to play in the game,” McCarthy said, via the team’s website. “We’ll see what tomorrow brings, but he will be working in the large rehab group today.”

With Lacy looking like a no-go for Thursday, the Packers will be working to get the newly acquired Knile Davis up to speed. McCarthy called him a “natural” on the field after one practice and said he thought Davis would be “fine” despite the large amount of information he needs to absorb in a short period of time.

Wide receivers Ty Montgomery and Randall Cobb could also see time in the backfield and the Packers could elevate Don Jackson from the practice squad before kickoff.

28 responses to “Mike McCarthy: Eddie Lacy has “made a little bit of progress”

1. Mike McCarthy: Eddie Lacy has “made a little bit of progress” Then smothered it in cheese, mushrooms and onions. It was delicious. Next time I hope he makes a lot more progress.

2. He’s fat. Jk.

I think knile davis will actually be a good fit. He can catch out of the backfield, unlike lacy. I hope he flops, though, because I hate the packers almost as much as ISIS.

Oh, and Eddie Lacy is fat.

3. I wonder what a wonderful, great 24 hours is to Lacy as opposed to everyday? Extra gravy on his donuts? Triple cheeseburgers instead of doubles?

But seriously, can you image what this guy is going to look like if he has to spend 2 or 3 weeks off his feet to let that ankle rest?

4. I don’t get how we can’t call up our PS guy who at least has had a few weeks of practice. I love GB but stupid is as stupid does. Reminds me of the year AR got hurt and we had no back up option other then Scott Tolzien…….you all remember how that went.

5. Hey, is it too late to get in on that “Eddie Lacy is fat” thing? Is that bit still fresh?

Yeah? Okay. Eddie Lacy is so fat, I took a picture of him during the last game and it’s still printing.

6. Oh well Eddie, when Knile gets on the field, I think you are done. Think of it this way… more time to eat hot dogs and good southern cooking.

7. In Teddy We Trust says:
    Oct 19, 2016 12:49 PM
    —————————-
    No, the daily fat jokes never get old, especially when the same ones are retold over and over again.

What I do find odd though, is how the Barney fans feel weight issues are such a terrible vice in an NFL player or coach’s life.
    But, a coach driving drunk or a player torturing a small child get a free pass.
    Not only do you justify and rationalize it, it doesn’t seem to even bother you guys in the least.
    It just comes off as a little strange to me.

But, I digress, back to your parade of endless fat jokes.

8. In Teddy We Trust says:
    Oct 19, 2016 12:49 PM

——————-
    You Win! LMAO!!!!

9. Yeah, Knile Davis is going to make everybody forget about Lacy. He’s a disappointing fourth stringer the Chiefs had been shopping for months and finally found a team to give him away for next to nothing to, but watch out!

10. I’d rather have a guy that’s overweight and is a good person as opposed to someone who beat a defenseless child with a switch…….

11. In Teddy We Trust says:
    Oct 19, 2016 12:49 PM

—–
    I feel you. My DVR ran out of memory during one of his run plays.

12. 13xworldchamps says:
    Oct 19, 2016 1:37 PM

——–

Everyone would, except for vike fans.

13. Carl Gerbschmidt says:
    Oct 19, 2016 1:57 PM
    Two things in life are certain: Death and the fact that the first 10 posts on any VIKING story will be from packer fans.
    —-
    There, fixed it for you.

14. Carl Gerbschmidt says:
    Oct 19, 2016 1:57 PM

Two things in life are certain: Death and the fact that the first 10 posts on any packer story will be from vike fans.
    ______

A third thing that is certain is that Packer fans will have absolutely no sense of humor about their team.

15. I would never fat shame anyone, unlike Donald Duck Trump, but this is a professional football player paid very well to stay in shape and give his best. PX90, although a sensational workout program, doesn’t address Eddie’s real problem: an eating disorder. Add in poor role models around him, i.e. McMuffin, and the kiddo obviously needs more intense help than he’s getting. But leave it to the Cheeseheads organization to minimize the problem to keep the neurotic fans on an even keel and away from box cutters.

16. The Packers’ running game has out-performed the Vikings’ running game three prior years in a row and again this year, and at less than 30% of the cost. I think that’s pretty funny.

17. Yet another plentiful example of nothing but pollution coming from viking fans.

I would be embarrassed, but I digress.

Lacy needs to just take a week or two off instead of prolonging it. See what Kniles can do.

18. In Teddy We Trust says:
    Oct 19, 2016 2:04 PM
    Carl Gerbschmidt says:
    Oct 19, 2016 1:57 PM

______

Think back a year ago. Think about when we were 6-0. A few games later you were humiliated by the packers.

I remember how butthurt you guys were.

That was not even a year ago. I didn’t realize you guys have been proclaimed a dynasty already. I apologize for not noticing.

See, I have a sense of humor……

19. andrwken says:

I remember how butthurt you guys were.

See, I have a sense of humor……
    ——————————————

I have one too.

That win in October was one of the few bright spots of the Packers season after that fantastic 6 – 0 start.

The Packers losing all three home games against the NFC North was hilarious to me – as the Pack went 4 – 6 to close out the season.

20. Quote: jjackwagon says:
    Oct 19, 2016 12:36 PM

Once Davis starts rolling, the Packers will keep Lacy on the sidelines for a long time
    *************************************************

From the looks of Lacy, I’ll put my money on Lacy being able to “out-roll” Davis

21. Thompson should be looking over the 2017 draft class for a replacement running back. I fully expect Eddie to eat himself right out of the league and Thompson would be wise to pass on the “big” contract for a fat running back who will be one more step slower next year.

However, I follow tennis as well as football and Serena Williams has surprised me over the years with her stellar play in spite of an oversized body.

Let our GM made the call and earn his big bucks.