Packers tickets still available, free hot chocolate offered

Getty Images

During the regular season, the Packers don’t have trouble selling out Lambeau Field, and the team has a long season-ticket waiting list. But getting the fans to show up for bitter cold games in the postseason can be tougher.

And so the team is enticing fans with a special offer for Sunday’s game against the Giants, when the forecast is for a game-time temperature of 12 degrees: Free hot chocolate at Lambeau Field.

Limited tickets remain, priced at $118 to $145, and the Packers are urging fans who attend to dress appropriately, drink plenty of hot beverages and watch for warning signs of hypothermia.

It may seem surprising that a Packers playoff game hasn’t sold out, given the popularity of the team in Green Bay, but it has happened before: Three years ago, with even colder temperatures in the forecast, the Packers still had 8,500 tickets available in the days before their home playoff game against the 49ers, although those tickets did eventually sell out. The limited seats for tomorrow’s game against the Giants will likely sell out as well, but it’s noteworthy that it’s not a sure thing, as it usually is in Green Bay.

152 responses to “Packers tickets still available, free hot chocolate offered

1. I was there several years ago for a cold weather game. My team got crushed,I froze my but off on the aluminum benches. Only special packers fans can do this!!

2. It’s going to get harder for all teams in the years ahead. The “old school” devotees are dying off and the young fans won’t leave their couches for fear their phones might not work in the cold.

It’s a different world.

3. That would never happen with a fan base anticipating what a Tom Brady would do…However Aaron is capable of pulling off some amazing games. He is to be taken seriously.

4. The best part is you get to sit on a metal bench for 3 hours…I love lambeau field history but this place is hard to watch a game from…bring your cushion and sharpen your elbows!

5. It’s not noteworthy at all. Packers management made an egregious error a few years ago with respect to how playoff tickets were offered/sold to season ticket holders. That issue has been rectified, but some confusion probably still exists.

6. “So much for the “hard core” football fans @ the frozen tundra. More like “soft core”.”

Zip it you dope. Unless you haven’t noticed, wages have been down for years. People can’t afford the luxuries of watching millionaires play a child’s game.

And thanks to Trump voters, like yourself, the matter will only worsen. Loser.

7. @stellarperformance has an excellent point (other than the idiotic reference to young people and phones). Along with an ever advancing television experience, the changing demographics mean that extreme cold games, even playoff games, will be slower sell outs for any team than in the past.

Or it could be that those young people with phones are smart enough not to spend 4+ hours in dangerously frigid conditions.

8. No fan base is more delirious than this one…It can be obnoxious weather-wise at times, Northern Wisconsin only has fits of cold that would make a major difference in an emergency, but it is again very possible the average Giants will drop the Packers in GB….simply out of enthusiasm.

9. Both times it was an issue Packers weren’t even promised a post-season game let alone a home one, until the week 17 game had finished. If the Packers do have it locked up earlier it is a nonissue, as people don’t mind spending that money, knowing they get something in return, it also helps that people don’t worry about the weather, or at least the forecast when the division is locked up the first week of December.

Being 2 weeks after the holidays, also makes it tough for some people that would want to go, because dropping from 250-300$ isn’t easy, and that’s if your only bringing one other person. If you can swing it the experience is amazing though and I certainly recommend it if you have never done it, even if you just happen to be a fan of the game, and not of either team.

10. I’ve been to games colder than this, it sucks.

You have to get there hours before the start and wait outside (tailgate) there are no fire signs, everyone builds a fire anyway.

You walk back to your seat and the beer you just bought is frozen at the top.

The older you get the better that large flat screen TV looks. LOL

11. A lot of these folks are getting older and along with that your tolerance to extremes lessens. Although we would think that all the NFL political garbage and phony rah-rah USA bull s–t isn’t helping the situation at any of the venues. The NFL is in decline. Raising prices on all the amenities that are already wayyy overpriced isn’t helping, nor will more commercial breaks. The NFL experience is dying, a slow death, but dying anyway…..

12. Not sold out? That’s odd.

It will be a couple degrees warmer in the ‘burgh on Sunday. The game was immediately sold out. There will be no free hot chocolate at Heinz Field.

Maybe Rodgers actually said, “Relax at home”?

13. High of 18 in Pittsburgh on Sunday…games been sold out since early in the week. Wonder what the difference is.

14. number1hawkfan says:
    Jan 7, 2017 6:12 AM

Maybe Rodgers is annoying Green Bay fans like he does the rest of the country.
    ________________________

How many ‘Hawks’ are more annoying than Rodgers? Take a knee and keep counting…

15. Wow free cocoa water, do I have to stand in line for twenty minutes to get it? Thanks goodness I paid $150 to stand outside in the freezing cold with my free cocoa water.

16. …and why would the good people of Green Bay pay $118 to $145 to sit on a freezing-cold metal bench for over 3 hours when there are so many other things to do such as cross-country skiing, ice skating, ice fishing etc. etc? Makes no sense!

17. Odd comment above, I have never found (or heard of) Aaron Rodgers being annoying. I think he’s pretty remarkable.

OTOH, the crack by stellarperformance about young people being afraid that their phones won’t work is a classic.

18. yeah, it pains me to say this as I’m a die hard packer fan and season ticket holder, but while lambeau is the greatest atmosphere in sports, it’s horrible to actually watch a game at.

19. I don’t blame fans for not going to a game in 12 degree weather. Sit on the warm comfortable couch and watch it. Sitting for hours in the cold is brutal.

20. When fans are starting not to show up for playoffs at Lambeau that’s a
    clear sign your product has some problems. The NFL has become duller than dirt. Hard hits are now penalized, tackling has been dreadful for years; offense’s are mind numbingly dull and there are only 5 qb’s in the NFL worth watching .It’s going to get worse . Next labor negotiation players will insist on guaranteed contracts and that’s when the league goes down the drain.The hog will get slaughtered. Oh people will still gamble and the wannabes will still track their fantasy teams but you don’t need to watch a game for four hours to do that.
    As for me I glance at the NFL. I’m more college football now. I know it’s less talent and more hypocrisy but it’s a lot more fun.

21. Even at a beautiful stadium like M&T Bank, with a perfect fall forecast, and a free ticket, I’d still rather watch from home. Whenever I go I end up walking around to eat, drink, and look at women. Real fun but not worth $200 or more. Skipping through commercials is priceless and free, a rare combo.

22. hbudgess says:
    Jan 7, 2017 6:10 AM
    ——————————————————–
    I’ll admit that Packer’s fans are “special” alright! That being said, it is more of a trait shared by folks of that region than anything else, regardless of team loyalties.

23. Maybe Rodgers is annoying Green Bay fans like he does the rest of the country.
    ———
    Lol coming from a fan of a team as tremendously unlikable as the Hawks your post is quite ironic.

24. stellarperformance says:
    Jan 7, 2017 6:13 AM

It’s a different world.
    ——-
    While I don’t disagree with anything you’ve written, I’ll also add some people enjoy the wamth of their home, big screen TV, watching replays boundless food and drink, no driving, and usually no threat of getting into a fight with drunk morons.

The new fan is definitely different, but not a bad thing either; potentially smarter.

I usually try to go to one Pats game every year because the in person experience, crowd noise, etc is special. But the whole day/night devotion and money spent is too much to make it more of a regular thing. Unfortunately that’s the price you pay when your hometown team is successful, higher costs, simple supply and demand. Oh well

25. number1hawkfan says:
    Jan 7, 2017 6:12 AM
    Maybe Rodgers is annoying Green Bay fans like he does the rest of the country.

______________________________________

Yeah, he annoys you because he beats your favorite team!!

26. It’s a tough sell being it’s just a couple of weeks after everyone’s maxed out from Christmas spending.

27. stellarperformance says:
    Jan 7, 2017 6:13 AM

It’s a different world.

______________________________________

You are correct. The NFL doesn’t realize that the young people of today are not into football the way it has been, but they are going to find out. The popularity of the NFL is headed for a big drop off.
    Plus, the long time NFL fans are tuning it out more and more too, because they’re tired of the way the game has changed and tired of all the players who get in trouble or break the rules.
    I will not attend an NFL game live ever again. The last several times I went to see the Packers when they came to NY, there were drunks screaming obscenities at the players and officials and fights in the stadiums and even in the parking lot. It’s disgraceful that jerks have to get drunk and ruin everyone else’s enjoyment of the game. And the NFL does nothing to stop it. In fact, they make millions from the beer sponsors, so it’s part of the deal.
    At Giants Stadium, when you leave the parking lot after a game, you’re lucky if you don’t get a flat tire from all the broken beer bottles.
    And the cost to see a game is absurd. I have been a Packers fan for over 45 years and if I lived in GB I would not be attending the game in Lambeau tomorrow either. Not when I could watch it from the comfort of my living room for free. That is a change for me, because I would have done anything I could to have been there years ago.
    Finally, I don’t know about anyone else, but what Kaepernick and others did really angered me and for the NFL to allow them to do it disgusted me. It was the straw that broke the camel’s back for me. As far as I’m concerned, they can play all the games in Europe or Mexico from now on.

28. hmmm, Vikings had no trouble selling out last year and it was 14 below….but we all know the purple is a better, more loyal fanbase. Sad state of affairs in Cheeseland…

29. No need to sharpen the elbows at Lambeau. They know they market in Wisconsin and give each seat a massive width on the bleachers. On my visit I felt like that stadium could easily seat an extra 10k with a more normal seat width.

30. Will be so glad when the “old guard” that is so full of itself and it’s faux toughness fades away. It won’t be long and the world simply can not wait.

31. It’s been kind of a catch-22 for the Packers. Green Bay still only has a population of about 100,000. Although there are suburbs and neighboring cities, along with the Fox Valley 30-40 minutes south. They have to find ways to increase revenue to compete with the rest of the teams.

One way they did this is to increase the capacity of the stadium. In a market that small, they have the 3rd largest stadium in the NFL. It even holds 15,000 more fans than the brand new Vikings’s stadium.

They’ve still been able to sell been able to sell out the regular season with ease and still have a 40 year waiting list for season tickets, but it does lend an explanation as to why it’s hard to sell out when the weather becomes bitterly cold.

Now, this game does kind of surprise me as the temperature will get up to the mid teens. But I’m sure all tickets will eventually sell.

32. People don’t realize how many fans are from out of the area that attend Packer games. You see license plates from every state in the union in their parking lots. It’s hard for us who live hundreds of miles away to make plans within a week. It’s logistics that make it tough to sell out the place in 4 days…

33. Maybe Packer fans can’t stomach another embarrassing playoff loss? After back-to-back embarrassing playoff chokes against the Seahawks and Cardinals, I’d be scared to watch how this season is going to end too.

34. I was at the SF game referred to in the article a couple years ago. About 10-15 degrees colder than this one, absolutely brutal. Only exception was 2 guys down from the Yukon to watch the game. I was dressed like the kid from A Chirstmas Story, they were in light sweaters and comfortable. Ha Ha.

Anyways, late Sunday is a horrible start time. Sun drops, temp gets brutal. Drive back to Milwaukee would get me home about Midnight. Have to work on Monday. Closes hotels available are usually about 30 miles from the stadium at this point. Think I’ll enjoy the game from home.

All these factors hurt ticket sales. League doesn’t give a crap about the fans attending the game, they just know this will be the highest rated game this weekend. It will sell out, and I think there are only single tickets left right now anyways.

35. Free Hot Chocolate! (with purchase of $115+ ticket, only 1 per customer, no transfers allowed, not valid in states of AK, TX or WI, see ticket windows for details!)

36. I live in Mobile, Alabama. This morning, I woke up this morning to 30 degree temps and am freezing my butt off!! I wouldn’t last long in Green Bay!!

Those folks love their football though!! Kudos!

37. The Packers have a unique issue when it comes to playoff tickets. They have two sets of season ticket holders, the green and gold package members. I have the gold package, which were for the games formerly played at MKE Co Stadium. So there are double the amount of season ticket holders than any other franchise has. (and still the longest waiting list)

In an effort to allow the Gold Package holders a chance to get playoff tickets, the green package holders can only get 4 tickets. There are some who hold dozens or even more.

The problem with the arrangement is that most gold package owners have no idea that they it works this way and never bother to put in for the playoff ticket lottery since they know that the Green package always gets filled. I know because I have talked to lots of them and almost none ever put in. I always do and always get tickets, but never in my normal seats.

So what happens is that the average Green fan gets tickets, the average gold fan doesn’t bother and then you have excess tickets sitting there that are not with the tickets you already have or aren’t together with the people you have sat with since 1961 (in our case).

The cold thing is a bunch of BS. I’ve been to cold games, the NFCCG in Jan 2008 among them, and if you dress right it shouldn’t be a problem. But is see idiots wearing sweatshirts, ear muffs and no hat, little fleece gloves, and sneakers I just have to laugh.

BTW, at the NFCCG the first thing I did was buy a pint of Guinness. Before I could take the first sip I had to physically lift the head off the glass and put the solid disk on the ground so I could try to drink. It was pretty cold.

38. glac1 says:
    Jan 7, 2017 10:09 AM

——————————–

Even Hawaii?

39. Yesterday it was minus 13 on the thermometer. You move slowly in these conditions. Plus 13 on Sunday sounds like a heat wave.

40. @glac1
    “It’s hard for us who live hundreds of miles away to make plans within a week.”

Then why didn’t you make plans earlier? Lost faith in your packers? So sad… so sad.

41. Many season ticket holders live a hundred miles or so away from Green Bay. They also have to consider what the roads are going to be like. It not fun or safe to drive a 100+ miles on snow and ice covered roads.
    With the temps being forecasted, salt doesn’t work to melt snow or ice.

42. lanman11 says:
    Jan 7, 2017 6:13 AM

21 121
    ********************************************************

That’s the same fanbase who holds the league record for consecutive blackouts at 17 games. That’s over 2 full seasons of football without selling out a game. Pathetic.

43. A better way to fill those seats would be to give away free Leiny… much more compelling to the cheesers

44. Went up there for the divisional game in ’12. We got lucky with the weather, it was @ 30° with wind chill in the teens at kickoff but of course it was a 4:00 game so the temp dropped like a stone when what was left of the Sun went down. Fans of northern outdoor teams know what to expect in December and January, it’s not like it is a balmy 70° in the Jersey swamp lands the last month of the season either. My brother and I wear wet suits as our base layers and it works like a charm. The GB fans are as good as it gets when it comes to being an opposing fan in their house and Lambeau is Lambeau, everyone should experience a game there at least once. Not going to ever knock someone for choosing comfort but people putting the wood to attending a game there are team fanboys not serious football fans. Real football is played outdoors.

45. mmack66 says:
    Jan 7, 2017 10:27 AM
    glac1 says:
    Jan 7, 2017 10:09 AM

——————————–

Even Hawaii?

*************************************************

You’d be surprised. I live near a large Coast Guard base and see the occasional Hawaii tag on cars around town. There is a “pretty” large Naval training center in Michigan and I can pretty much be sure that there will be a couple of Hawaii cars at Lambeau.

The cars will be shivering though!

46. nice warm house…4k big screen tv…comfortable couch…all you can eat and drink…bathroom a few steps away…hmmmm what to do, what to do….

47. I believe Lambeau Field seats just north of 80,000 which is over 25,000 more than TCF Bank Stadium
    _____________________________________

And 25,000 LESS than the LA Coliseum.

48. Stiller43 says:
    Jan 7, 2017 8:22 AM
    ———————-
    Difference? It’s easy, far more seats to sell.
    Simple mathematics. You should try it sometimes.

49. I checked yesterday and the cheapest ones were going for $97 dollars. Wife wanted to know if I was interested and I said are you nuts, I’m an old man I aint about to freeze my ass off to watch them get there asses kicked.
    Apparently many Packer fans feel the same since they turned down the chance to buy them in the first place.
    This is another one and done game for them. When you have only three or four skill players and stars on you team, you got nothing. Cover Jordy and pressure Rogers and thats about all thats needed.
    Mathews has become a joke even to pack fans, the pass rush never existed and its time Peppers retires to some place warm, he used up his space.

50. I dont think it has to do with the cold I think its the fact this team has been one and done for several years now and many fans understand, they dont want to both get cold and watch the team get beat up again. Can stay home and see that.

51. atthemurph says:
    Jan 7, 2017 10:24 AM

So what happens is that the average Green fan gets tickets, the average gold fan doesn’t bother and then you have excess tickets sitting there that are not with the tickets you already have or aren’t together with the people you have sat with since 1961.

———————–
    I am also a Gold Package season ticket holder (after only 25 years on the waiting list) you must live a charmed life.
    Though I’ve scored playoff tickets several times through the lottery, I’ve been shut out many times.

I, for one, think it’s great that there are finally extra tickets available to the general public. It allows more friends to attend and more tailgating fun.
    I’m guessing it was the last renovation, that pushed Lambeau Field to 3rd in the NFL for available seating, that has allowed this ticket “problem”.

Looking forward to tomorrow’s game and you can bet I’ll be dressed appropriately.
    I wonder how the Barneys will be spending their Sunday?

52. The ticket prices for playoffs games have a bigger impact on the number of no-shows than the weather. And just think – these are the prices for a WILD CARD game. Prices for the divisional and AFC/NFC championship games will be even higher.

53. Best fan base in the NFL. Just ask them. LOLOLOL.

Cleveland, Denver, NY, Washington, Chicago, Minnesota, New England, Seattle, KC and about 15 other fan bases would have sold out a home playoff game in minutes. GB ranks somewhere between Jacksonville and Tampa in true fan loyalty.

54. This is all part of Ted Thompson Plan to save money so he can develop his three down linebacker from cal state university of Bakersfield and not pick up any quality free agents to help a defense that is always in the way of a super bowl run for the packers ..

55. As a season ticket holder, I committed to my playoff tickets months ago, and so I get this game at face value. Even I don’t quite understand why fellow ticket holders turned down playoff tickets.

I ran into Julius Peppers and Mason Crosby at the grocery store last night. Just a touch of life in the NFL’s smallest market.

56. nepatriot1 says:
    Jan 7, 2017 7:23 AM
    I wonder what the pressure of the footballs will be at 12 degrees. I bet far lower than 12.5psi.

—-

Come on pats fans!

Your too good of a team and too successful to lower yourselves to viking levels and snipe at other teams over PSI.

I mean your qb got a 4 game rest and your a 1 seed.

Take the high road and enjoy the succes!

57. The Vikings had 1500 tickets available in the waning hours last year, just like this situation, and they (finally) sold out. Green Bay will too. The Packers have 20,000 more seats to fill in the little tiny hamlet of Green Bay than the Vikings did, in the Emerald City Metropolis of Minneapolis, with all the tall buildings and millions of people.

No comparison.

58. The huge demand for Packer tickets is a result from people outside the Green Bay area. People from out of state usually plan our trips to Green Bay well in advance and utilize vacation days just to see a game.

Very difficult to plan a trip, fly or long drive and use vacation days with a week’s notice.

59. That’s old school marketing right there.

Free hot chocolate and they will show up. Hot chocolate that will be gone by the second quarter.

Better stay until the end too, I’ve heard they’re handing out 5% off coupons for the gourmet restaurant in GB (Applebee’s) as you leave st the end of the game.

60. I love this time of year. Playoff football and Vikings fans clammering about playoff chokes. Does any fan base know more about playoff chokes than the Vikings? Misery loves company I guess.

61. Do you folks even know how to dress for a cold weather game? First of all, you practically have to dress in the parking lot, in the cold because you can’t have everything on while in the car, you’ll over heat. Feet: spray feet with antiperspirant so they don’t sweat in your boots. Two pair of socks, or one pair if you can put a packet of Toasty-Toes in your boots. (Note: change Toasty Toes at half-time). Legs: long underwear, sweatpants, snowmobile pants. Upper Torso: Long underwear, sweatshirt, parka. Wear a hat under the hood from the jacket. Mittens instead of gloves. Put hand warmers in your mittens. Change at half-time. Because you are not moving much, you’ll need to go inside on occasion to take the chill off. Because of new security rules, blankets and seat cushions are no longer allowed inside the stadium. Make sure you give yourself plenty of time because of increased security it will take longer to get through the gate. Enjoy the game!

62. There will be plenty of stock in the Packer organization will be available as well. This stock will have the same value of the previously issued stock.

63. The real reason why their are still tickets available is weeks ago, when the Packers were more than a long shot to make the playoffs, the Packers wanted to collect from season ticket holders for the possible home playoff game. For many, that is thousands of dollars. And if they don’t have a home playoff game, Packers hang onto your money and put it towards next years season tickets. When you are sitting at 4-6, many chose to hang onto their money until next year. These tickets will be sold, and Lambeau will be sold out as always.

Morale of story: Never count out Aaron Rodgers and the Pack! A special Thank You should also be sent to the Vikings…..for choking away 5-0!!!!

64. The Vikings own the all-time NFL record for postseason losses, including all pre-merger teams.

They also own the outright NFL record for one-and-done appearances in the postseason. A good example is the Wide Left exit of last year.

Does that help explain the bitterness and jealousy in the trolls comments?

65. Its not the cold. The game was sold out the week before last when the temps were much worse than tomorrow.
    Its they have no faith in this team winning since the’ve one and done for several years now and its gotten old.

Free hot chocolate? Ya throw in some peppermint snapps and if you could a candy cane stick to stir in and maybe a little marshmallow too. Crap I can do that at home too.

66. dontouchmyjunk says:
    Jan 7, 2017 11:03 AM
    _____________________________________

And 25,000 LESS than the LA Coliseum.

=========================================

So who do the Rams have the pleasure of hosting in the playoffs this weekend?

67. I took my daughter, then 9, to the 2007 playoff game. She wanted to watch the ST players practice well before the game. She was in tears in no time, never being in anything remotely close to these temps in CA.

But by the time the game started, -27 deg. didn’t feel that bad. Bleacher seats with people wrapped in sleeping bags or blankets means nice and cozy confines, relatively speaking, since you’re squeezed together like sardines. Keep the head, face, feet and hands protected and you’ll be fine.

GoPackGo!

68. You guys can explain it to these purples all you want to and it just won’t matter. The first game that sells out in the McStadium, if that wreck isn’t condemned before it kills someone, the purples will be thumping their tiny chests saying “Hur hur hur. Packers couldn’t even sell out a playoff game. hur hur hur.”

We all know it WILL sell out, but the purples will cling to this click-bait for years. Well done, MDS. You may have found the everlasting click-bait.

69. senorflippyflop says:
    Jan 7, 2017 8:42 AM

////////////////

I’m a die hard too, and you, sir, are crazy. Lambeau doesn’t have a bad seat in the house, like the Rose Bowl where I watched the Badgers beat UCLA. My dad has had 4 tickets since ’83, and we aren’t even to the end line yet, and we can see all the action. I took my family to the Packers’ preseason game in Santa Clara this August and watched most of the game on the Jumbotron, our seats were so far from the field.

70. tjacks7 says:
    Jan 7, 2017 10:17 AM

________________________________________

Thirteen championships, more than any other team.

The Super Bowl Trophy is named the Lombardi Trophy.

Eight straight playoff appearances.

A Hall Of Fame QB following another Hall Of Fame QB.

A chance to win the Super Bowl again this year.

Those are only a few of the many great reasons to be a Packers fan.

71. Packer fans and Jaguar fans are the only fan bases not able to sell out home playoff games.

What, you did not expect a home playoff game some how prevents you from buying a ticket all last week? What excuse makers for their lack of support.

72. The playoff game last year between the Vikings and Seahawks at the college stadium was colder than it is in Green Bay, and the stadium was packed. And GB calls us Viking fans fair weather? Please. 🙄

And for the guy who said maybe Rodgers is annoying gb fans like he does the rest of the country, that’s a given since his own family can’t stand the whiny diva.

73. It’s remarkable that a city of less than 105,000 sells out a stadium of over 80,000 every week, and will do it for this game too.

74. Thirteen championships, more than any other team.

The Super Bowl Trophy is named the Lombardi Trophy.

Eight straight playoff appearances.

A Hall Of Fame QB following another Hall Of Fame QB.

A chance to win the Super Bowl again this year.

Those are only a few of the many great reasons to be a Packers fan.

Still stuck in the past. Those “championships” were back in the meaningless era where the players went to the bar before the game, and to their real jobs after the game.

The SB Trophy should be named the Halas Trophy after the founding father of the NFL George Papa Bear Halas. The guy that gave the Packers a loan so they wouldn’t fold and be out of the league. So instead of this useless franchise showing graditude for their existence, they just trash every fan of every team.

Where were you “fans” when your packers were irrelevant for 2 decades? Nowhere. Hell, when they lost 4 in a row this year the “fans” were bashing them.

How do I know this? I live in Green Bay.

75. It’s going to get harder for all teams in the years ahead. The “old school” devotees are dying off and the young fans won’t leave their couches for fear their phones might not work in the cold.
    It’s a different world.
    —–
    Nope, just in Green Bay and Jacksonville. In Jacksonville they have beaches to compete with and in Green Bay they have to find a way to motivate to get them enough energy to get up and off their couches.

76. We Packers fans are the best of all those who don’t fully support their teams. Or believe in them. Which really means Aaron. Because he’s all we’ve got. You’d think we had something better to do. But we don’t. Not around here. Unless it’s to commit murder and then wrongly convict innocent people we don’t like. That’s only kind of a hobby, though. Football is really our thing. At least that’s what we tell ourselves.

77. florio4prez says:
    Jan 7, 2017 8:07 AM
    Not sold out? That’s odd.

___________________-

Fans also knew that the game was going to be at Heinz on Christmas day, so people could make plans earlier Even give it as a Christmas present if they wanted, and not have to scramble after Sunday Late game which probably made people wait til after work Monday to try starting to get their ducks in a row.

78. what da says:
    Jan 7, 2017 11:14 AM
    I bet Detroit would have sold out right away .
    ————————

Well then maybe they should have won last week to allow them to host a game.

79. ad28bestever says:
    Jan 7, 2017 2:05 PM

“George Papa Bear Halas. The guy that gave the Packers a loan so they wouldn’t fold and be out of the league. ”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

80. You have this completely backwards. It was Curly Lambeau that loaned George Halas money so that the Bears wouldn’t fold.
    —————–

81. The trolls are under the delusion that any level of insult will put the Vikings history, culture, success, reputation, etc., on par with the Packers.

Water off a duck’s back.

82. ad28bestever says:
    Jan 7, 2017 2:05 PM

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Impossible. Viking fans have assured me that the NFL didn’t exist until 1970.

83. Green Bay population 100,000 Lambeau Field seats 80,000. The Packers clinched 6 days ago! Last nights wind chill -35. Does any clueless morons need more reasons why all tickets are not sold?! smh

84. The purples seem to think that if they become bizarre enough, they’ll mean something in the grand scheme of things. They won’t. They’ll only go from irrelevant to weird and irrelevant.

85. my seat isn’t on a metal bench. mine has a seat back and a cup holder. and no one in front of me. 🙂

86. cheeseisfattening says:
    Jan 7, 2017 4:22 PM
    ////////////////////////////////////////

And it was Viking fans that broke into Bud Grants cabin and vandalized it and stole all his gear and memorabilia.

87. And it was the Packer fans who burned down Curly Lambeau house after he left the Packers.

***********************************************

It wasn’t his house, it was Rockwood Lodge where the Packers trained. The players hated it because the field they trained on there was hard as a rock because it was just a little dirt on top of limestone.

However, the Packers were in very bad financial condition at the time and he was already out as the Packers owner, but the insurance company paid on Rockwood and that saved them. A little arson perhaps?? Not by the fans, but by the bosses!

88. cheeseisfattening says:
    Jan 7, 2017 4:22 PM
    ////////////////////////////////////////

————————-
    Don’t let me get to you like that it was just a joke. Cabbage was partially correct, Halas did not save Green Bay by loaning them money. Green Bay saved themselves by committing insurance fraud, which is nothing to joke about.

I guess Cabbage means they then loaned some of that insurance fraud money to Halas.

89. tjacks7 says:
    Jan 7, 2017 10:17 AM
    ===================================
    Speaking of embarrassing playoff losses, the Vikings have made the playoffs in 2 out of the last 6 years, gone one-and-done in both, and choked a game away last year at home when they missed a chip shot. They haven’t been to Super Bowl in about 40 years, but in that time, have found all sorts of different ways to blow conference championship games.

90. Why do you puckers always comment about the Vikings. Live in your head much? Might be because Minnesota is so much better in every way (except football) and that is all you got?? Well I hate to break it to you but every other fan base hates you too. I live in wi and I’m not a pucker fan (or Viking fan) and you are the most arrogant entitled unknowlegable fan base I’ve ever encountered. I’m typically not a hater but I hate you and your team. And so does everyone else.

Bring up your championships from the 30’s. Rip the vikes. It all won’t mask what you are. You will choke this year. Will it be like 4th and 26? 15-1? Or the most epic NFC choke-ionship game? It probably won’t be as classic and that is unfortunate.

Insert Viking rip here. I know that makes you feel better.

91. cheeseisfattening says:
    Jan 7, 2017 7:33 PM

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nope. Curly Lambeau was still running the show when he saved the Bears. Halas did save the Packers once but if you wish to know about it you’ll have to research it for yourself. Halas and Lambeau did each other several favors over the years in order to keep the league going. It’s part of what intertwines the two franchises in the greatest rivalry in all of sports.

92. pkrh8tr says:
    Jan 7, 2017 8:04 PM

Why do you puckers always comment about the Vikings. Live in your head much?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Let me get this straight:

1. This is an article about the Packers.

2. Purples show up in droves, making what they think are smart comments.

3. Purples get utterly destroyed in the wit department.

4. Now you want to cry about it.

Wait, let me go back and make sure I didn’t miss anything. No, that pretty much covers it; I’m all good.

93. 1: yes this is a pucker post. But the only ones commenting on Vikings are pucker fans.

2: Um no they are not destroyed in the wit department cuz all you can do is bring up championships from the 30’s

3: crying? Stating fact and the only thing you can do is bring up the Vikings

4: cover it? Didn’t address choke artistry, arrogant /entitled/unknowledgeable, everyone hates you, or how much better Minnesota is better than you in everything but football

You will choke. Might not be tomorrow. Might not be next week (more likely). But you will choke. It’s what you do.

94. Purples get utterly destroyed in the wit department.
    ——–
    Typical Packer fan trait on here is Packer fans patting themselves on the back for their own comments to which Cabbage in King.

Just ask him how he said Vikings don’t know anything because they don’t know Berman used to say Norse division after the word Norseman

95. cheeseisfattening says:
    Jan 7, 2017 9:31 PM
    I know you are, but what am I?

///////////////////////////////////////////////

Have any of you seen the on-line videos of guys kicking each other in the crotch, then filming it and laughing about it?

That reminds me of this guy. Keeps getting kicked and keeps coming back…..because he enjoys being kicked. Loneliness does strange things to a person.

96. pkrh8tr says:
    Jan 7, 2017 9:23 PM
    //////////////////////////////////////

Did somebody say “Wide Left?”

97. Wow. I didn’t think it would be that easy for me to prove my point that you pucker fans can’t comment without

A: ripping on the viking
    B: bringing up 1930 championships

Too funny and too easy.

No wonder every other fan base hates you.

98. pkrh8tr says:
    ===================================
    Actually, this is what the Vikings do best. Zero Super Bowl victories (0-4 in the big game), and haven’t been there for 40 years. Multiple losses in the NFC Championship game (a blowout, a missed fg in 1998, AP fumbles and Favre’s pick in 2009). The 24th worst playoff win percentage. The most playoff losses and most one-and done’s. The Vikings’ avoided a playoff choke like last year by not even getting there this year.

Green Bay fans don’t even need to delve in to the 1930’s for their championships. In the time since the Vikings have been in the league, Green Bay has 4 Super Bowl victories and 3 NFL Championships. Looks llike the Packers have it over the Vikings in every way.

99. The only fan bases that hate Packers fans are the purple whiners. Bears and Packer fans agree that queens fans are the worst in the division. No one else trolls this much when they are losing and irrelevant.

100. As usual just like predicting there annual summer Super Bowl run all the Queens fans have jumped the gun, the game is a sellout, the Packers have the greatest fan base on the country, enjoy watching the game from your mom’s basement…

101. pkrh8tr says:
    Jan 7, 2017 10:41 PM
    No wonder every other fan base hates you.
    //////////////////////

Says you. Go away. Stay away. You’re not welcome here.

102. Packers fans pack the stands so much that it becomes news when they haven’t completely sold out days before the game.

They sold out, again. How many decades in a row is that now?

103. stellarperformance says:
    Jan 7, 2017 11:54 AM

No comparison.

______

It wouldn’t be a comparison if GB consistently had issues selling out tickets. But they don’t, so it is a comparison. Stadiums aren’t filled with just locals. GB is 4hrs away from Minneapolis, 3 hrs away from Chicago and 2 from Milwaukee. Since we don’t travel by a horse drawn carriage anymore, people are able to make the trip.