Ladarius Green remains out of practice for Steelers

Getty Images

Early last week, it looked like the Steelers had a chance to get tight end Ladarius Green back in the lineup as he was participating in practice and appeared to be making progress through the concussion protocol.

That progress hit a snag on the way to last Sunday’s game against the Dolphins, however. Green was held out of Friday’s practice and missed another game. Things aren’t looking much better on Wednesday.

Green remained out of practice as the Steelers stepped up their on-field preparations for the Chiefs. There’s still time for things to go the other way, but the extended absence and step back last week don’t provide much confidence that it will play out that way.

Quarterback Ben Roethlisberger and running back Le’Veon Bell also sat out on Wednesday, something that coach Mike Tomlin suggested would be the case when he met the media on Tuesday. Roethlisberger hurt his foot last weekend, but neither he nor Tomlin has expressed any doubt about his ability to play this weekend.

Linebacker Anthony Chickillo, defensive end Ricardo Matthews, running back Fitzgerald Toussaint and linebacker Vince Williams were also out for the Steelers. The Chiefs had full participation on Wednesday and coach Andy Reid said he does not expect anyone on the active roster to miss the game because of injury.

Permalink 9 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, Kansas City Chiefs, Pittsburgh Steelers, Rumor Mill
9 Responses to “Ladarius Green remains out of practice for Steelers”
  1. steelpenguin6687 says: Jan 11, 2017 5:33 PM

I was proved wrong before when I told someone that I didn’t think he would ever play a down in a Steelers’ uniform. I hope I’m wrong again when I say, I don’t think he will remain with the Steelers. I don’t think the ankle was his main problem before….

2. franklamar17 says: Jan 11, 2017 5:38 PM

I am starting to think this may be his last year in the NFL,Pittsburgh could really use him ,but I cannot be made at a man who is looking out for his health years from now !

3. tedmurph says: Jan 11, 2017 5:43 PM

The steelers don’t sign a lot of big ticket free agents, but when Colbert finally frees up a little money to spend, this is what he comes up with? For 20 mil?

4. paulieorkid says: Jan 11, 2017 6:05 PM

Some guys have a passion to play football, and some guys have a passion to wear street clothes and collect a paycheck.

It’s not only “concussions” that Green has gimped out on. Every injury he gets, he milks to bizarre extremes.

I would not this guy eating up any of my cap or a roster spot. So NON-Pittsburgh Steeler.

5. vikesr4reel says: Jan 11, 2017 7:14 PM

Hard to believe this clown team made the playoffs

6. sixburghrules says: Jan 11, 2017 7:18 PM

This guy is milking it

7. tylawspick6 says: Jan 11, 2017 7:22 PM

no, really?

what is next, shazier got hurt again too?

lmao

8. troy43mvp says: Jan 12, 2017 7:58 AM

vikes4reel
    “Hard to believe this clown team made the playoffs”

That’s exactly what I was thinking last year when Walsh was lining up his kick for the Vikings and then he proceeded to prove me right…..or I mean left wide left! 27 yards.

9. takeyourpunishmentandquitwhininglikeababy says: Jan 12, 2017 12:50 PM