Sean Lee: Playoffs “something I’ve always wanted to be a part of”

ARLINGTON, TX - DECEMBER 26: Sean Lee #50 of the Dallas Cowboys closes in on Matthew Stafford #9 of the Detroit Lions during the second half at AT&T Stadium on December 26, 2016 in Arlington, Texas. (Photo by Ronald Martinez/Getty Images) Getty Images

The last time the Cowboys were in the playoffs, they lost to the Packers in the divisional round.

They’re trying to avoid the same outcome this time around and there are no shortage of differences between the teams that played in 2015 and the ones that will square off on Sunday. Among them is the presence of linebacker Sean Lee on the Dallas defense.

Lee missed that entire season with a torn ACL, one of many injuries that has interrupted Lee’s time on the field over the years. Nothing got in Lee’s way this season, however, and he’s ready to make a long-awaited playoff debut.

“This is something I’ve always wanted to be a part of,” Lee said, via the Fort Worth Star-Telegram. “You work back from injuries. During a lot of injuries I’ve had, I said, ‘Hey, I have this great opportunity ahead of me to play on this great team with these great teammates.’ So that was really what motivated me in times I was injured.”

Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said this week that he thought things might have played out differently in Green Bay two years ago with Lee on the field. They’ll never know the answer to that question, but it’s hard to argue with the idea that their chances of slowing down this hot Packers offense are better with Lee in the mix.

Permalink 10 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Dallas Cowboys, Green Bay Packers, Home, Rumor Mill
10 Responses to “Sean Lee: Playoffs “something I’ve always wanted to be a part of””
  1. leatherface2012 says: Jan 11, 2017 10:34 AM

hey sean, better hope the packers check to the refs doesn’t clear b4 game time.

2. filthymcnasty3 says: Jan 11, 2017 10:35 AM

Poor little Viking fans.

3. winningisabrees says: Jan 11, 2017 11:06 AM

“Great” eyes roll

4. sportoficionado says: Jan 11, 2017 11:21 AM

Love the way Sean Lee plays the game. Big, strong and physical LB that goes 100% from whistle to whistle and tackles anything moving within 20 yards of the line of scrimmage. I can’t wait to see the General lead his defense against Roger’s offense.

5. nhpats says: Jan 11, 2017 11:25 AM

The word is that Jerry Jones is planning to start Tony Romo for the divisional playoff game!

6. shadrach422 says: Jan 11, 2017 11:36 AM

Packers: 31
    Cowboys: 21

7. aferraridriver says: Jan 11, 2017 11:47 AM

One of the better guys on the Cowboys; personally I wouldn’t mind having Both Lee and Jason Witten on the Packers.

A couple of solid players both on and off the field.

8. gawainsghost says: Jan 11, 2017 1:24 PM

Whichever team came out of the wild card round was going to be a tough out for Dallas. This year it happens to be the Packers. Were it the Lions or the Giants, the Cowboys would have had a reasonable expectation of victory. Instead, they face a white hot team from Green Bay.
    It’s going to be a game. Realistically, it could go either way. Any team can beat any team on any game day. But these Packers are motivated, and Aaron Rodgers is virtually unstoppable.
    Snap of the ball, anything can happen. We shall see whether an untested young team can beat a team of seasoned veterans. We shall see.

9. boyzrollen says: Jan 11, 2017 2:26 PM

I think that who ever wins this game is going to the SB. I don’t think Atlanta has the defense to stop the Cowboys or the Packers and Seahawks don’t have the Offense to keep up.

This is going to be a high scoring game or a ton of penalties and a drawn out game.

-Go Cowboys

10. gofor2with3pointlead says: Jan 11, 2017 5:12 PM

Lee has long been the most solid performer…when he’s been able to stay on the field. Incredible nose for the ball and plays without fear, which has been part of the problem for him. No other player, especially on his side of the ball, has made the whole squad better than Lee.