Report: Joe Barry to join Rams coaching staff

AP

It looks like Sean McVay won’t be the only 2016 Redskins coordinator to be working for the Rams in 2017.

Neither McVay, who was Washington’s offensive coordinator, nor Joe Barry will be working as coordinators, however. McVay has been hired as the head coach in Los Angeles and Peter Schrager of FOX Sports reports that Barry will be the team’s linebackers coach with Wade Phillips already on board to run the defense.

Schrager adds that Barry is also expected to have an assistant head coach title with his new team.

Barry was fired as the Redskins’ defensive coordinator after the end of the regular season, ending his run in Washington after two years. He’s got some previous experience in Southern California after going to school at USC, coaching there on two occasions and spending four years with the Rams’ future stadium mates when the Chargers still called San Diego home.

Permalink 6 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, Los Angeles Rams, Rumor Mill, Washington Redskins
6 Responses to “Report: Joe Barry to join Rams coaching staff”
  1. a1b24312 says: Jan 14, 2017 5:50 PM

I think I would’ve put Phillips as assistant head coach before this joker

2. greg3117 says: Jan 14, 2017 7:29 PM

I’m not sure why they want him, but I’m glad we canned him. The rest of the league can have him!

3. beavertonsteve says: Jan 14, 2017 7:43 PM

I think I would’ve put Phillips as assistant head coach before this joker
    ——-
    It seems like that title is used more and more for ex-coordinators who are no longer in that position.

4. manderson4150 says: Jan 14, 2017 7:55 PM

He couldn’t do better than Bum Jr.?

5. waqgman1 says: Jan 14, 2017 8:04 PM

I just lost a lot of respect for Sean McVay. Joe Barry is a total buffoon, and to bestow the asst. head coach label on him is absolutely mind boggling. Perhaps McVay really IS to young and immature to be a head coach. This is a miserable decision. The ship is already beginning to take on water.

6. 26predator says: Jan 14, 2017 8:36 PM

He was the D coordinator of the only team in NFL history to go 0 – 16, how could you forget that little nugget?