Patriots come back for incredible Super Bowl LI win

Getty Images

Joe Montana might have had an argument. Before tonight.

Tom Brady just led the Patriots to a fifth Super Bowl title, with a 34-28 win in overtime against the Falcons which ought to cement his place as the coolest quarterback under pressure in the history of the game.

While running back James White plowed in with the game-winning touchdown run, it was Brady who defined the comeback.

No one had come back from more than 10 points in a Super Bowl, but no one has played Super Bowls the way Brady has.

He was 43-of-62 passing for 466 yards and two touchdowns. It was an incredible night of work after a flat first three quarters, which saw the Falcons build a 28-3 lead.

The Patriots won the coin toss and didn’t get the ball back, driving 62 yards in eight plays, leaving the Falcons looking gassed.

226 responses to “Patriots come back for incredible Super Bowl LI win

1. How does THAT taste, HATERS???!!!!!!

PATRIOTS BEAT THE BIGGEST CHOKERS IN SUPER BOWL HISTORY!!!!!!

2. As a Bills fan this solidified TB as the GOAT congrats to the Patriots.
    Continue to enjoy the ride you have had something special going on for a long time.

3. I would hate to the anybody involved with the Atlanta franchise in anyway after this game they will never ever live this down for the rest of their lives

4. What an amazing effort, game plan and execution by the Falcons.

What an amazing effort by Brady and company late in the game.

The Pats earned this one the hard way !

Congrats Atlanta, your team is going to be tough for years to come.

5. Even though I’m a Saints fan I was pulling for the Patriots so hard because I loathe the Falcons. Deep down we all knew the Falcons would choke like usual!
    Congrats to NE!

6. Congrats Pats. And congrats Falcons for a great season.

And thanks to both teams for a nail-biter finish.

7. Ryan lost the game by tacking a sack rather than throwing the ball away to preserve a field goal to put Atlanta up by 11! Your brain is your best weapon. Good comeback by NE, but Ryan took sacks rather than throw away balls that cost Atlanta the game.

8. Incredible. I hate the Patriots, but it takes a good team to come back and win from that huge setback. Remember, Forehead Manning choked after that first fumble play and never recovered. Darth Hoodie and TB-12 (star warsy nicknames) did a good job turning the game around. Kudos to them.

At least we get to see Goodell squirm. I want to see some reaction shots as he realizes the Pats were coming back and winning.

9. Not a fan of the Patriots, but they truly deserved this win. Congratulations. Tom Brady proved why he is the GREATEST OF ALL TIME . . . and Bill Belichek is the GREATEST COACH OF ALL TIME.

To come back from 25 points down was amazing. Truly deserved it and Congrats. The best team won today.

10. whew, talk about taking years off my life.

What a way to win a SB!

Can’t even work up any anger at haters.

Just enjoying the moment too much to bother with them at all.

And I guess that’s probably the best medicine anyway while their hatred continues to crush them.

11. How did Atlanta throw that away

Up by 8 and they have it 1st down on the Pats 22 yard line. Run 3 times then kick the FG for the win. Instead a sack and s penalty and they punt

Atlanta royally messed up

12. I didn’t give up on this team Pats are always rusty after a bye. They just needed to warm up. Way to go Patriots!

13. Incredible. Tip of the cap to the Patriots. Congratulations to the Patriots and their fans.

I realize the Falcons got tired but it did seem like they changed their defense from the attacking defense that built the initial lead. It seems like that often happens when big leads are built. Why change from what has worked? The Patriots deserve credit for a ridiculous comeback but the Falcons helped them gain the momentum to make that possible. Outstanding game.

Brady is the best QB and I don’t think it is even debatable at this point.

14. elmerbrownelmerbrown I’m glad to see there are real men still left, most of those gloating will not post again tonight. You had the stones to admit the truth, you were wrong. What’s the old saying about the FAT LADY!

15. Brady defined the comeback? Actually, the Falcons choking defined the comeback but hey, why let reality screw with the Brady narrative.

Matt Ryan doesn’t fumble on his 25 and it is highly doubtful the Pats win.

Matt Ryan doesn’t take a 12 yard sack when they are in FG range and up by 8 with under 4 minutes left and it is highly unlikely the Pats win.

But again, don’t let reality get in the way of the Brady narrative.

Brady played very well after the half but the Falcons just pulled off the greatest choke job in pro sports history. Only Pats fans and the media could see it any other way.

The MVP curse continues. No season MVP has won a SB since 1999 and tonight showed the curse is full on real as Ryan went from being the easy superbowl MVP winner to the superbowl goat all in a quarter.

16. We just witnessed the best QB and Franchise team in NFL History. Be grateful! Stop the hate! GREAT QB’S MATTER!

From a Bears and Vikings fan 🙂

17. usdcoyotesfan says:
    Feb 5, 2017 10:31 PM
    Bart Starr didn’t need 16 years to win his 5 rings.
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    He doesn’t have 5 SB rings

18. Illegal blocking on special teams and offensive holding on almost every down , combined with freewheeling officials works every time . NFL officiating is an old joke . Unearned win .

19. I had a gut feeling the patriots would win because they have been on both sides of the spectrum, being underdogs and being on the receiving end of an upset. Atlanta almost had it if Ryan hadnt been sacked and fumbled. An unbelievable finish it was. Super Bowl 50, Be gone as Super Bowl LI has a place cememted in history books
    -Colts fan

P.s. Patriots and Falcons, thanx for giving this season an illustrious finish. I hope you guys come back next season improved.

20. The Falcons should walk home to Atlanta and pull a blanket party on Matty piss down his leg ice . All they had to do was run run run kick FG and they are up 10 with hardly any time on the clock. NO they pass “sack” pass “penalty” and then punt . Kudos to the Pats they are probably the ONLY team in the NFL that would keep fighting down that many points .

21. Falcons sûuüuùuúuūck!
    What an awesome game! Brady is awesome through adversary.
    Falcons suck.
    Wow what a catch by Edelman!
    Falcons suck.

22. Wow.

Just … wow.

a fleet of Hollywood screenwriters could not have scripted a more dramatic and glorious coronation to the Patriots organization.

All due respect and congratulations to the Falcons. They are built to last and, with their terrific coach and organization, they will be competitive at a playoff level for several years at least.

23. Second year in a row the the NFL MVP goes down. Matt Melt can join coward Can Newton in embarrassing the NFC. 2 time losers, just like the Panthers. YYEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSS!

24. That was amazing. Belichick came up with amazing adjustments on the fly to keep Atlanta out of the end zone in the 2nd half. When Hightower got that fumble, you just knew it was coming. Belichick is the greatest football mind I’ve ever seen. I think he’s the greatest football mind the league has ever seen, and I can compare him over different eras unlike Brady. Oh, and that Brady guy is pretty good too. That was historic.

25. Said the crybabies

skawh says:
    Not a chance NE can win. They lack the team speed of Atlanta.

And, Atlanta is like Seattle only 3 years ago…VERY HUNGRY!

I would not be surprise if this game was a blowout!

At minimum I say:

Atlanta 38
    NE 23

trollaikman8 says:

If they played the game on the moon’s surface, I would say advantage Patriots. But this Atlanta team is fast and physical. No amount of referee-assistance can prevent Julio Jones dunking on your secondary.

Looking forward to Brady getting his shoulder driven into hard turf.

atlatlatl says:
    The Falcons are going to win this Super Bowl. And yes, we’ll see them a lot next year. Falcons 2017 schedule features road game at New England and Seattle. Home games include Green Bay and Dallas at the new stadium. One of those will be the Thursday night season kickoff game. It’s a great time to be an Atlanta fan.

SouthStander says:
    Won’t matter. Falcons are going to upset the patriots on Sunday.

osiris33 (bandwagon since 1976) says:

Falcons, 34-24.

laserw says:

Atlanta 35, New England 10.

New England’s defense is not as good as stated and Atlanta’s is far better than stated.

26. Flash1287 says:
    Feb 5, 2017 10:30 PM
    SUCK IT CRYBABT NATION

TOM BRADY GREATEST OF ALL TIME

YOU HAVE NO ARGUMENT

5 time
    5 time
    5 time
    5 time
    5 time

Super bowl champion!!!!!!!!!!

**************************************

Hey, at least try having some class when you win!

27. Not a fan of either team but if you can’t hold a 28-3 lead in the Superbowl or any game for that matter then you didn’t deserve it anyway.

Two biggest plays. The sack on Ryan that takes them out of field goal range and then the coin flip which sends Atlanta’s defense right back on the field. They had to be gassed after the game tying drive.

28. I don’t think Atlanta will ever be as good after this. You don’t blow a 25 point lead in the 3d quarter of an NFL game.

29. Even if you don’t like Brady gotta love his story from late round backup to The Goat Bledsoe injury was Brady’s blessing talk about taking advantage of your opportunity.

30. Two years ago it was the Richard Sherman Face, this year it’s the Zygi Wilf Face. Poor guy looked like his dog just died.

31. Shanahan or Freeman should be MVP. Up 16 on your own 30 and you pass on 3rd and 1. Freeman misses block, Ryan fumbles. Pats take advantage. Bryant has a good leg, run a draw or screen on 3rd and a mile instead of pass. Give your kicker a chance to go up 11. Coaching lost it for the Falcons. Pats make you pay for mistakes.

32. So is Goodell paying off everyone he can trying to convince them that Brady isn’t the MVP??? Watching him hand Brady that trophy, and (hopefully)Brady dismissing him like the hired help,will be PRICELESS.

33. How does a choke on that scale even happen? Terrible execution on several 3rd and shorts by the Falcons, yes. Critical mistakes and penalties, yes. A total vanishing act by their pass rush in the 2nd half, yes. But still. I mean… wow.

Hopefully the NFC sends a team next year that will compete for 4 quarters. It kept people tuned in till the end though which I’m sure made all the advertisers happy.

34. @Flash1287

Only a loser would keep a list of comments like that. Seriously. Get some mental help and get on some meds.

35. I have no words to describe what I just witnessed… I LOVE this team!

Congrats anyway Falcons – you were a worthy opponent. We had to EARN it and earn it we did.

5 time World Champions.

How sweet it is.

🙂

36. And you thought Pats fans were obnoxious before?

Lol, You could fill an ocean with hater tears right now.

37. Aaron Rodgers is the GOAT. I don’t want to hear about Brady’s 5 rings, Rodgers makes throws every week I’ve never seen anyone else make.

38. Key mistakes at end of game doomed Atlanta.

1. Throwing on 2nd down with 8 point lead and in FG range with 4 minutes left. Run the ball, kick FG, win the game.
    2. Challenging the catch BEFORE the 2 minute warning. Again, let the time wind and throw flag only if ball is about to be snapped. Not sure if it was going to be snapped before the 2 min warning.
    3. Running out of the end zone on the kick off. Take 25 yards and the time to let Ryan try to drive about 40 yards to kick a game winning FG.

Anyway, hats of to NE. They stayed in it, and I’d give Brady more credit than Belichick for that based on what I was seeing. McDaniels and Belichick looked lost, but Brady stayed focused and deserves what he gets.

39. How does Atlanta recover from that? They might not win another game for 10 years after that meltdown. Wow. I have never seen anything like that in my life. 28-3 and slam the brakes on with most of 2 quarters to play in the super bowl? Wow! Just Wow!

40. Reading comments from first half and 3rd quarter are highly entertaining. I recommend it without reservation as first class comedy hahahaha. And as an aside, I actually wanted falcons to win this game.

Tom Brady GOAT it just is what it is.

41. aljack88 says:
    Feb 5, 2017 10:35 PM

usdcoyotesfan says:
    Feb 5, 2017 10:31 PM
    Bart Starr didn’t need 16 years to win his 5 rings.
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    He doesn’t have 5 SB rings
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    1961
    1962
    1965
    1966
    1967

42. If I’m a Pats fan, I’m ecstatic. Gotta feel bad for Falcons fans though. Ryan is a great QB, but mobility isnt his strong suit. So I was surprised when in the 4th quarter they had him drop back to pass when they’re sitting at the 28 yrd line of NE and shouldve just run the ball a couple times, attempt a relatively easy field goal, and go up 10 points with less than 5 minutes to go. Instead, he gets sacked, then an incomplete, and…well…I dont need to rehash that horrific implosion for the Falcons fans.

43. Man that is brutal you know I don’t like Brady but I’ll say there’s no one better ever. I hurt for Atlanta if that was the Bengals I would be in tears right now. Just a brutal way to lose.

44. Wow, just wow.

How can anyone not love that game.

Thank you Atlanta for your effort and class.

Thnank you Patriots.

45. I never really cared about deflategate or any of that stuff but I did feel there would always be some kind of taint from the Patriots recording the practices or whatever that was.

I think at this point Brady has permanently erased any taint that the organization was going to have 15 years from now when people are discussing this era.

46. Wahoo!!! This lifetime Pats fan is pleasantly surprised – really thought Atlanta’s offense would build an insurmountable lead. I should have known better!

So glad the GOAT arguments are now dead! GOAT QB = Brady, GOAT coach = Belichick, no debate.

47. Wow! Even though I’ve been a Patriots fan for 20 years I never expected quite as big of a comeback as this one. Tom Brady from the end of the 3rd quarter on was on fire, Mitchell stepped up as I said he would, Amendola really came through in the clutch, James White did great tonight out of the backfield, and the defense held their own in the second half. Oh and Falcons fans thanks for supplanting Super Bowl 42 with the biggest choke job of all time.

48. As a Falcons fan, congrats to Brady and the Patriots. They simply wanted this win more. Hard to get over this one, but we will be back. These kinds of defeats build character and the Falcons should start next season with a bad taste in their mouths.

So I guess Atlanta has to get use to saying “Wait till next year.”

49. I guarantee you Shanahan will learn the value of running a football. The 3rd and 1 fumble and the pass attempt on the Patriots 20 yardline that knocked them out of fg range cost them the game.

50. In the future, a best-selling movie will FOREVER PRESERVE the disgraceful actions of the current NFL office and forever preserve the excellence of this Great Football Team.

Since the end of the first half of the game in question: Brady 81 Touchdowns, 15 Interceptions; two AFC Championship WINS; 2 Super Bowl WINS; and helped his team win enough games to play in the 2016 AFC Championship game.

New England Patriots and Tom Brady:

PRIOR to DEFLATEGATE: 5 AFC Championships WINS and 3 Super Bowl WINS.

AFTER DEFLATEGATE (3 seasons): 2 AFC Championships WINS and 2 Super Bowl WINS.

DEFLATEGATE FACTS:
    During 19 January, 2015 (day after AFC Championship Game), an official letter sent to Mr. Kraft from the senior vice president of NFL operations (David Gardi) informed the Patriots that an investigation will be conducted.

1. FACT: On page two, the letter states the following: … “each of the Colts’ game balls that was inspected met the requirements set forth.”

That statement turns out to be totally not true. Page 8, of the Wells report confirms that 3 of the 4 Colts’ footballs were in fact deflated. Who from the NFL office directed to stop testing the Colts’ remaining 8 footballs???

2. FACT: The NFL has finally admitted that they DID NOT know anything about the Ideal Gas Law (IGL). That admission is incredible!

3. FACT: Brady was found guilty by the NFL office based on “ASSUMPTIONS AND DATA THAT IS UNCERTAIN” (quote Wells Report).

4. What would you do if someone in your family was accused and deemed guilty based on “ASSUMPTIONS AND DATA THAT IS UNCERTAIN” (quote Wells Report)? Could you accept that???

5. Why wouldn’t Brady turn his cell phone in? …… Would you provide your cell phone to folks that you know are not truthful (19 Jan. letter, etc.)???

6. FACT: NFL announces creation of PSI rules hours before leaking story that Brady “destroys” phone. Thus, the public quickly forgets the NFL admits they had no PSI rules or knowledge of the Ideal Gas Law.

7. This is AMERICA and King Roger and Troy Vincent are NOT bigger than our great Country!

51. Don’t hate.
    Appreciate

Truly amazing organization.
    BRADY IS GOAT
    BB IS GOAT

Props to Atlanta nice season. That’s an agonizing loss I am sure. Live and learn.

52. So I guess after all Roger will need to borrow the Pope’s Popemobile when he goes to Foxboro for that Thursday night seasoned opener.

53. I will never forget this Superbowl for as long as I live. I feel fortunate to have witnessed such a feat. Masters of their craft at work, and undeniably the greatest ever to play and coach football. Hats off to Brady and Bellicheck… As a bonus, Roger was drowned out by boos during the NFL’s biggest moment. Here is to the end of his tenure!

54. I’m sorry but I didn’t enjoy this game. Too much momentum one way to the other. It almost seemed fake. Like a rocky movie. Anyway I dislike the NFL with the stupid referees. It’s like boxing I guess I’ll watch soccer for the rest of my life. Yes soccer isn’t that sad. Hats off to that Patriots catch. After seeing that I knew it was over for the Falcons.

55. Erin Andrews in the post-game interview: “What did they do that you couldn’t stop?”

At 1:57 and 1:25 remaining in the game, the Falcons called the same defense and the Patriots called (basically) the same offensive play to James White.

I paid off my bets at this point. It was all too obvious what was going on.

56. Poor Falcons. Biggest choke in NFL history. Up by 25 points late in 3rd quarter and give up 31 unanswered points. A Super Bowl record that will never be broken.

57. Big Joe Montana fan here, however Tom Brady is the GOAT. Atlanta’s defensive play calling in the second half was atrocious and while the Patriots made plays Brady could have eaten an ice cream bar on some of those pass plays. The Falcons realized as the second half progressed that the stage was too big and the lights were too bright. Good game though.

58. “Chad says:
    Feb 5, 2017 10:52 PM

So I guess Atlanta has to get used to saying “Wait till next year.””

Chad, there is no need for the Falcons to be ashamed, they played their asses off and damn near pulled off the win. They simply ran into a Patriots team that would not be denied. The Falcons WILL be back, too much talent, too many good players and a solid coaching staff.

Kudos to them for a great season and a fantastic Superbowl Game.

As for Tom Brady, damn he is one tough competitor, and that Edelman catch was just sick! Wow.

59. I can’t stand the Patriots but man, that was incredible. I’m gonna choose to appreciate that we just witnessed the greatest player of all time lead the greatest Super Bowl comeback of all time. As a Bills fan, I will resume my hatred in a few months.

60. SouthStander says:
    Feb 5, 2017 10:40 PM
    Enjoy the SB win, Mom Brady. It’s the last one you’ll see.
    _________________________________________

This is the lowest comment I have ever seen anywhere. You should be permanently banned from PFT. You need help dude. This was just a football game. Brady’s Mom is dying of cancer. I hope you never have to go through that. Learn a little about how you conduct yourself by watching Brady or Matt Ryan for that matter.

If anyone agrees, please upvote.

61. hurley711 says:
    Feb 5, 2017 10:32 PM

Serious question where did he get the nickname Matty Ice??
    ==================

From his college days playing at BC but it wasn’t for choking but his cool, calm and collected manner. His close friends gave him the nic.

62. usdcoyotesfan says:
    Feb 5, 2017 10:46 PM
    aljack88 says:
    Feb 5, 2017 10:35 PM

usdcoyotesfan says:
    Feb 5, 2017 10:31 PM
    Bart Starr didn’t need 16 years to win his 5 rings.
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    He doesn’t have 5 SB rings
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    1961
    1962
    1965
    1966
    1967
    —–
    Those aren’t SB rings lol

63. SouthStander says:
    Feb 5, 2017 10:40 PM
    Enjoy the SB win, Mom Brady. It’s the last one you’ll see.

———

You are an absolutely horrible human being

64. jaxon51 says:
    Feb 5, 2017 10:57 PM

—————————

Only if they “formally invite” him.

It would be hilarious if they didn’t.

65. thetooloftools says:
    Feb 5, 2017 10:31 PM

I may never see a better NFL game. Here’s to the winners. Just great !
    ===========================

Oh, i sure the heck wouldn’t say this was the best NFL game I’ve ever seen. This game wasn’t that great, even when Pats cut the lead in half..it still was a boring game until the final 7 minutes of 4th quarter. But I’d still say it was great to see and witness one of the best comebacks of all time and just the fact that most of us watching this SB also witnessed Micheal Jordan and the Bulls era along with a slew of other great sports teams or like witness the Cubs series ..the list goes on. We 35+ year olds are fortunate to witness what we have over the last 25 years or so.

This generation is by far the best era of sports, no doubt.

66. thermo321 says:
    Feb 5, 2017 10:29 PM
    Is this the biggest choke in the history of sports? I think it’s between this SB and the Yankees choke in 2004

thermo:

love you man

67. Every Super Bowl Brady has been in can be considered the greatest ever. I truly believe this one was the greatest. Congratulations to the Patriots: The Greatest team of all time

68. Why are people saying they would have gone up 10, last i checked a FG was 3 points so 11.. It was an 8 point lead at that point.

Two calls decided the game and cemented Atl as the biggest chock in history, Golden State deserves honorable mention.

3rd down and 1 or two in your territory up 16, run the ball, dont get first down. At least you will run some clock and NE will call a timeout you punt, Pats have longer distance to cover. You decide to throw what lol, fumble turnover.

3rd and 1 in Fg range you decide to throw, sack and then hold or whatever the reverse was. You dont run. Pats score.

And that ladies and gentlemen is how you chock.

69. Illegal block/pick by Hogan on the 2 point conversion not called. Cheats gifted another superbowl by stupid coaching, just run and kick the FG late in the 4th quarter, puts you up by 11 for the win.

70. Give Brady and the Patriots credit for taking full advantage of the greatest choke job in the history of major American sports. A lot of teams would have quit, especially down going into the 4th quarter.
    The fun part (for me) is the fact the Patriots have won as many Super Bowls as the Cowboys, and they have won all 5 since the Cowboys won their last one. Cowboys have been wandering in the desert for the past 20 years yet their owner still made it into the Hall of Fame.
    I guess the league might as well induct Robert Kraft into the Hall of Fame tonight.

71. Wow… just wow. Hats off to Atlanta. What a game. I hope that Falcon fans can appreciate the historic game tonight as much as Pats fans can. It was the best ever!

72. cribbage12 says:
    Only 8 more championships to reach what the historic Green Bay Packers have a accomplished.
    ———————————————-
    usdcoyotesfan says:
    Feb 5, 2017 10:31 PM
    Bart Starr didn’t need 16 years to win his 5 rings.
    ———————————————-
    Packers only won 4 Superbowls (2 for Starr). Prior to the AFL/NFL merger an NFL championship was 1 playoff win. Yeah, it was a great accomplishment, but it just isn’t the same.

73. wib22 says:
    Feb 5, 2017 10:34 PM

shula > belicheat though.
    ————————————————————
    Let’s see. Shula’s SB record: 2-4. Belichick: 5-2.

Hmmm. I think most people would say that it isn’t even remotely close and that Shula can’t carry Belichick’s jock.

74. I have breaking news for all Patriots fans . Tom Brady will be back next year . Now the good news , he will win the SUPER BOWL again !!!! All I can say is WOW . Oh and by the way , you heard it here first .

75. I love how all these Pats trolls rather spend the time to troll strangers on a fantasy football forum then enjoy a victory with there family and friends. What a miserable life you fans must have? Sounds like you been spending too much time with seattle trolls. I also find it funny that most of the pats fans who “so called loyal fans” probably fell asleep at halftime and had to be woken up by real football fans. I also find it equally amazing most of these trolls on here never watched a down of football before 2000 and to think Brady was ever better then Montana in the big game are complete ignorant fools. Montana was flawless in the big game. no int’s 4-0 perfect. Walk in traffic and educate yourself trolls! Worst choke job in sports history! What was your argument if Atlanta didn’t choke? LOSERS!

76. Last year Cam Newton was MVP for the year and lost in the SuperBowl. This year, the same happened to Matt Ryan. But that’s where the similarities end. Cam choked and was shut down. Matt was just shut down. But he didn’t choke. He played his butt off until the end. The only thing is, the Patriots and Brady played better.

It was a well fought game by both teams. But no question, the true MVP won it tonight.

77. @fatsolio

Montana won his against an AFC that lost 15 out of 16 SBs when he played. Learn the game.

78. Now some of you will understand why Belichick stays on the gas even when they’re up by 3 or 4 scores.

The game went the opposite of what I thought. I thought NE could jump on them early while the Falcons might be in a little bit of shell shock. Played out exactly reverse of that.

79. I don’t get the Atlanta hate here… they played a good game
    I thought they had clearly won. Then the Patriots kind of came back from nowhere… still not sure how they won.

80. usdcoyotesfan says:
    Feb 5, 2017 10:31 PM
    Bart Starr didn’t need 16 years to win his 5 rings.
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    He doesn’t have 5 SB rings
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    1961
    1962
    1965
    1966
    1967
    —–________________________________
    Dude, go take a shower. You got egg all ovah your face, bad!

81. usdcoyotesfan says:
    Feb 5, 2017 10:46 PM
    aljack88 says:
    Feb 5, 2017 10:35 PM

usdcoyotesfan says:
    Feb 5, 2017 10:31 PM
    Bart Starr didn’t need 16 years to win his 5 rings.
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    He doesn’t have 5 SB rings
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    1961
    1962
    1965
    1966
    1967
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Superbowl 1 was played in 1967. Just sayin’.

82. Haters will get upset about this. They will still trash and complain about the Pats. They will rip the Falcons for letting them down. But really, anyone thats in it for a love of football and not just to hate on a team, and regardless of which team they rooted for, is high on the show we got tonight. THAT WAS FOOTBALL!! I am watching the replay now and I dont really see Atlanta choking. They are making great plays. And their pass coverage is right there every play. Its just that the Patriots went to such a level. Atlanta played a great game and has nothing to be ashamed of. I think the Falcons (and the Raiders who got screwed by bad luck so we’ll never know what was possible) are going to be dangerous for years to come.

83. Hats off to the Falcons for a heck of a year and 3 quarters of dominating football. Thrilled the Pats came back, but Atlanta has a hell of a team. What a game.

84. Montana won 4 Super Bowls without any help. Brady won 2. The first was a gift from the refs with the tuck rule, the 4th was a gift from the Seahawks with the stupidest play call of all time. This one was a gift from Kyle Shannahan. 1st down at the Pats 25 yard only needing a FG to win and he calls passing plays. 3 QB kneel downs and the Falcons would be Super Bowl champs.

85. Falcons will be back no doubt.

To all the losers/haters/deflategaters/colts/ravens/Seahawks /jetsbillsdolphins/ trolls / and any anti pats ……it’s over find a new site, we won you lost and you’ll never get over it.

Appreciate the greatness….I never got to see Bobby Orr skate…or Ali throw a punch or man walk on the moon…but I did get to see Brady become the greatest from an unwanted 6th rounder. That’s pretty special.

86. opposition out-coached again!! Shooot… all the Falcons gotta do is run the ball two times, burn a little clock, kick a field goal, and they be champs. lllloosers

87. Bart Starr and the Packers won 5 championships in 7 years and just missed winning a 6th when Chuck Bednarik tackled FB Jimmy Taylor inside the Eagles 10 yard line as time ran out.
    What Brady has done is great, but let’s not forget about the great QB’s of the past who’ve done great things, too.
    And — I’ve been watching the NFL since 1960 and Johnny Unitas is still the greatest QB I have ever seen. Brady and Ryan and all these other modern QB’s have everything slanted in their favor. All the rules are there to protect them and to help them put up monstrous stats. And — their WR’s are also helped by the rules. Years ago, not only could you just about kill the QB on every play, you could hit the WR’s until the ball was in the air.
    Finally, championships did not start with the Super Bowl.
    I loved what Brady and the Pats did last night. It was an incredible feat. All I’m asking is that the players of the past not be slighted in our praise of what they did.
    Of course, I’ll get ripped for saying this, especially by younger fans who are clueless about anything that didn’t happen this century. But what I am saying is the truth.

88. Montana won 4 Super Bowls without any help.
    =================================

Really ?

Its open knowledge that Montanas’ guys up front coated their jerseys with Vaseline, and Jerry Rice has spoken openly about using stickum long after it was declared a banned substance.

No cheatin’ huh ????

#nonearesoblindasthosethatwillnotsee.

89. fatsolio says:
    Feb 5, 2017 10:34 PM

Matt Ryan doesn’t fumble on his 25 and it is highly doubtful the Pats win.

But again, don’t let reality get in the way of the Brady narrative.

====================
    Absolutely hate posts like this.

Ummm .. does the game change with the 14 points scored off the Patriots turnovers? Hmmmm. Brady defined the comeback just as much as Ryan defined building that lead. Since we’re talking about reality and all.

Duh … just duh.

90. rocbills says:
    Feb 5, 2017 10:35 PM
    ================
    You mad bro?

BWA HA HA HA HA !!!!!!!!!!!

91. steelercrazy says:
    Feb 5, 2017 11:46 PM
    =================
    You mad bro?

BWA HA HA HA HA !!!!!!!!!!!

92. jimmyjohns01 says:
    Feb 6, 2017 1:01 AM
    It was epic when the fans booed Goodell during his speech.
    =================
    Second best part of the Super Bowl. It would have happened regardless of who won.

93. fritz96 says:
    Feb 6, 2017 2:26 AM
    =================
    You mad bro?

BWA HA HA HA HA !!!!!!!!!!!

Without any help … LOL

94. To the classy, non-arrogant Patriots fans, I congratulate you. As a Ravens fan, I hate Brady and the Pats, but I sure as heck respect their accomplishments. Enjoy one of the best dynasties in NFL history, Pats fans

95. The only choking I saw was from the Patriots in the early parts of the game. Turnovers, Brady missing receivers, receivers dropping passes when he doesnt miss, geting dominated in the trenches. All of those are things the Pats did for the first half. Meanwhile Atlanta played a good game so they went up big. Atlanta still played a great game second half but the Pats suddenly ironed it out and they were amazing. the linemen started winning their matchups, then Brady not hurried starts placing the ball perfectly to get past the Atlanta coverage (that was still right there every play), the running game starts working. And suddenly NE is executing at such a level that even a team playing them well cant stop them. But getting beat by a team that has gone to an insane level on you is not choking. So respect to the Falcons.

96. nyneal says:
    Feb 6, 2017 5:49 AM
    Finally, championships did not start with the Super Bowl.
    ________________________________________
    NYNeal, with all due respect, todays game is much harder to repeat a championship than in he past. 32 teams, 16 games, extended playoffs, salary cap, free agency etc. I have been an NFL fan since 1964, and have seen every single Superbowl. There were some fantastic players. I loved The KC Chiefs led by Len Dawson and Otis Taylor when they beat the Vikings in SB 4. The offensive linemen weighed 250 pounds then. No comparison.

97. SouthStander says:
    Feb 5, 2017 10:40 PM
    Enjoy the SB win, Mom Brady. It’s the last one you’ll see.
    ——————————–
    There are special places in hell reserved for people like you. You’re the lowest form of life there is. You deserve everything negative that happens to you in life.

98. SouthStander says:
    Feb 5, 2017 10:40 PM
    Enjoy the SB win, Mom Brady. It’s the last one you’ll see.
    ——————————–

Dude!!! Really?

99. “usdcoyotesfan says:
    Feb 5, 2017 10:31 PM
    Bart Starr didn’t need 16 years to win his 5 rings.”

There were less than half as many teams in the NFL for Starr’s pre-Super Bowl titles. The first three “rings” would be equivalent to Brady’s AFC titles. He has seven of those.

100. greenlargo says:
    Feb 6, 2017 12:14 PM
    SouthStander says:
    Feb 5, 2017 10:40 PM
    Enjoy the SB win, Mom Brady. It’s the last one you’ll see.
    ——————————–

Dude!!! Really?

—————-
    Well, at some point those people will be right. One of his rings will be the last one. I would not put money on this being it, though.

101. For those of you you say it wasn’t a Falcons choke, consider this:

1) On 3rd and 1, up 28-12, they call a riskier deep pass, instead of a run or a quick read and throw. If they had call the more conservative plays, it is far more likelier that the worst case scenario is they punt the ball away and the Pats have to drive 60 yds instead of 25. More clock eaten up and less time for them to tie it up later on.

2) On their next series, up 28-20, they are in FG range but again call plays that invited more risk and knocked them out of FG range. If they had simply run the ball two more times, the Pats would have had much less time to tie it up, assuming that Bryant missed the FG.

I give the Patriots a lot of credit of taking advantage what the Falcons gave them. Most teams would not have had the defensive might to get to Ryan in those situations. But the fact is the Falcons gave the Patriots a chance, just like any James Bond villain would.

If that wasn’t a choke job, I don’t know what is.

102. Great comeback but a pretty terrible game, not sure why anyone would say it was a great game. They exchanged terrible halves, didn’t ever seem like we saw the best of both teams at the same time. Pretty boring if you weren’t a fan of either team.

One other thing, came here at half to see who was dumb enough to be running their mouths. Lots of people calling out Pats amd their fans with half the game left, I saw who you are and you should be ashamed and feel quite foolish. That’s all

103. nfliferfan22 says:
    Feb 6, 2017 12:25 AM

Montana was flawless in the big game. no int’s 4-0 perfect.
    ———————————————————–
    Too bad he didn’t perform better in the playoffs – SF had three straight one and dones in the playoffs in 1985, 86 and 87 when Montana had o TDs and 4 interceptions. 0 TDs in 3 games!

I guess he wasn’t as flawless as you remember?