John Dorsey says he’s committed to Kansas City for the long haul

Dorsey AP

Every now and then, Chiefs General Manager John Dorsey’s name comes up in relation with the same job in Green Bay, whenever Ted Thompson leaves or retires and there’s a vacancy.

But Dorsey did his best today to tamp down that speculation, telling reporters he was happy where he was.

“This has been the greatest four years of my life,” Dorsey said.

Asked if he was committed to the Chiefs long-term, Dorsey replied: I want to see Baby Jack graduate high school (in Kansas City).”

As it turns out, Baby Jack is 6 years old now, so that ostensibly settles that.

The link to the Packers job is reasonable, since he played there and has worked his entire pre-Chiefs career as a personnel man there (other than one season in Seattle).

Permalink 13 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Green Bay Packers, Home, Kansas City Chiefs, Rumor Mill
13 Responses to “John Dorsey says he’s committed to Kansas City for the long haul”
  1. The Almighty Cabbage says: Feb 9, 2017 2:19 PM

Understandable and admirable. He’s always seemed to have kept warm feelings for Green Bay but the Chiefs organization gave him his first big break. It’s nice to see a guy exhibit some appreciation and loyalty.

2. Bob says: Feb 9, 2017 2:28 PM

“Asked if he was committed to the Chiefs long-term, Dorsey replied: “I want to see Baby Jack graduate high school (in Kansas City).””

“Wanting to” isn’t “I am going to” or even “planning to.” Dorsey’s comment is a nothing-burger statement.

3. symxfan says: Feb 9, 2017 2:32 PM

This isn’t etched in stone until he signs a new deal with the Chiefs. His current deal expires at the same time Ted Thompson’s expires in Green Bay. He’ll be a top choice in GB if he is still available at that time.

4. jjackwagon says: Feb 9, 2017 2:46 PM

SO we are back on the Thompson retirement speculation…again. SMDH.

5. LombardisHouse says: Feb 9, 2017 2:54 PM

Unfortunately it looks like we’re going to be stuck with Ted for a long time.
    #goodbyesuperbowl

6. dgt178blog says: Feb 9, 2017 3:20 PM

just remember KC fans…..y’all took him from the Packers first….turnabout would be fair play.

7. filthymcnasty3 says: Feb 9, 2017 5:11 PM

It would be very difficult to say no to the best job in football.

8. crownofthehelmet says: Feb 10, 2017 9:45 AM

Well we know Dorsey can check off the first box on the list of GB job requirements- ability to lead team to a one-and-done playoff situation.

9. stellarperformance says: Feb 10, 2017 10:24 AM

crownofthehelmet says:
    Feb 10, 2017 9:45 AM
    ///////////////////////////////

If I’m not mistaken, I believe you cheer for the Steelers, correct? If not them, at least have the balls to tell the world your favorite team. Or do you just prefer the simplicity of anonymous hating?

10. ariani1985 says: Feb 10, 2017 11:52 AM

Fecal performance, how dare you compare the well oiled machine in Pittsburgh to the clown show in green Bay!

11. crownofthehelmet says: Feb 10, 2017 12:00 PM

stellar, are you going to be crabby all offseason? When have I ever not proudly proclaimed my allegiance to the greatest franchise in NFL history. Do I need to start every post stating I’m a Steelers fan. Would that make you feel better?

12. stellarperformance says: Feb 10, 2017 3:49 PM

crownofthehelmet says:
    Feb 10, 2017 12:00 PM
    ///////////////////////////////////////

Considering the Packers owned an overrated Steeler team so handily, I was surprised to see you coming back for more…..like a whiny Viking troll. You must like getting kicked in the noids too, I guess.

13. crownofthehelmet says: Feb 10, 2017 5:10 PM

What team do you root for again? You didnt state your fandom in your post so I wasn’t sure.