Tom Brady due to “talk to somebody this week” about search for jersey

Getty Images

On Monday, Patriots owner Robert Kraft sounded confident about the eventual retrieval of Tom Brady’s Super Bowl LI jersey. On Tuesday, Brady seemed less sure that he’ll see it again.

“I hope I get it back,” Brady said on PFT Live. “If I don’t, I don’t. It’s a jersey. . . . I put it in my bag because I wanted to keep it. It’s just a nice piece of memorabilia to have, but I’m not sure where they’re at with that. I know I have to talk to somebody this week in regards to them trying to find it, but if they don’t, they don’t. It’s just a nice something to have, and we’ll see if it comes up.”

The Patriots have been largely mum about the specifics, in deference to the ongoing investigation regarding the apparent theft of the jersey from Brady’s bag. Last week, TMZ reported that the jersey could be in a truck that was transporting equipment from Houston back to Massachusetts.

Presumably, the jersey hasn’t been found; if it had, there would be no reason for Brady to talk to anyone about the effort to find it.

Permalink 17 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Atlanta Falcons, Home, New England Patriots, Rumor Mill
17 Responses to “Tom Brady due to “talk to somebody this week” about search for jersey”
  1. babygaga19 says: Feb 14, 2017 11:45 AM

Tom is also helping OJ search for the “real killers.”

2. upperdecker19 says: Feb 14, 2017 11:47 AM

Aaron Hernandez?

3. imodan says: Feb 14, 2017 11:55 AM

Someone went into Tom’s personal baggage in the locker room, grabbed a game worn jersey from the SB and tossed it in with equipment on a truck headed to Mass. Yeah, that sounds reasonable. Unfortunately it just may be true. Anyone seen that league official who was caught stealing game balls and selling them lately? Sounds like his M.O.

4. 6ball says: Feb 14, 2017 12:07 PM

I would have to think that security would be tight around the players locker room. Someone with media credentials would be a good suspect.

5. charger383 says: Feb 14, 2017 12:20 PM

Roger Goodell took it and wears it to sleep in

6. hehateme2 says: Feb 14, 2017 12:42 PM

I’m sure that those who he wants to talk to are shaking on their boots over the idea of Tammy coming down on them.

#sheepleofNE

7. ikeclanton says: Feb 14, 2017 12:47 PM

Chippy wears it in his backyard while throwing Nerf footballs to a basket nailed on a tree between the jungle gym and the teeter-totter.

8. babygaga19 says: Feb 14, 2017 1:01 PM

Ben Affleck’s Nanny has it.

9. cosmicconvoy says: Feb 14, 2017 1:14 PM

Probably just an in-house prank by some teammates

10. Nofoolnodrool says: Feb 14, 2017 1:25 PM

Seems like that truck is taking a very long time to get back to dreamland. I guess it should have the six horse team not the four pulling it….

Just a story to keep the buzz around the Chea team.

11. abninf says: Feb 14, 2017 1:40 PM

I bet 50 million dollars a shady teammate or team employee took it. They did say it was stolen before the media and everyone else went in the locker room.

12. RegisHawk says: Feb 14, 2017 2:10 PM

“Hey, Deflator! If you ever want another pair of autographed sneakers, better cough up that jersey. Now, I have to get this phone destroyed…”

13. chump-change says: Feb 14, 2017 2:38 PM

So…Another 4 game suspension for Brady and loss of first round draft pick for Pats. Why? Why not? Is the NFL. Make up a reason about trying to steal his own jersey and then making up a story to make the NFL look bad. Don’t need evidence. Just suspend him and then ask for his phone when he appeals. Works every time.

14. ampats says: Feb 14, 2017 4:26 PM

Good to see fans of the speedbumps Jets, Dolphins, Ravens,Steelers the Patriots ran over enroute to Ring# 5 still here on PFT spewing their hate.

Let me give you something else to think about while dreaming about who your team is going to draft? What team is coming back for 6?

And we’ll get another first round pick for Jimmy G!

Lombardi # 5 looked great at One Patriot Place last weekend!

15. no drooling,chippy,tpet,Vancouver,crybabies allowed says: Feb 14, 2017 6:43 PM

One of the PFT Patriot hater group has it in their club house, using it as a tear towel. Crybabies lose again.

16. ibillwt says: Feb 14, 2017 7:10 PM

One of our own clubhouse guys is probably a crook. It happens. They’ll catch him and can him. Guy won’t be able to show his face, end of story.

17. silvernblacksabbath says: Feb 16, 2017 9:22 AM

Bogus story.. They know where the jersey is.. The NFL knows how to keep the NFL in the headlines…