Thomas Dimitroff has a “B.S. radar” during Combine interviews

Getty Images

When Falcons General Manager Thomas Dimitroff interviews prospects that the Scouting Combine, he thinks he’ll know if what he hears is B.S.

Dimitroff said on PFT Live that he and the rest of the Falcons’ staff think they know when players are shooting straight with them and when they are not.

Dimitroff said that if a player does come in and try to B.S. them, that’s not a player they want on the Falcons.

“If some guys are putting on a show,” Dimitroff said, “I’m not sure I have the patience for that.”

49 responses to “Thomas Dimitroff has a “B.S. radar” during Combine interviews

1. People are complicated . When put into stressful situations individuals may adopt those defensive postures which , if not obvious to an unsophisticated individual , may be divined as just what a monomaniac has decided , other than what it is , or is not .
    The idea that there is some prophylactic/systemic panacea that applies to individuals is laughable , and the Falcons General Manager is not being as exactly honest as he is being exactly threatening to the young and inexperienced .
    Mr. Dimitroff seems to think others are as unable as he is able . Not a typical high level system of thought .

2. frpsr says:
    Mar 3, 2017 7:55 AM

0 0

Jesus, stop trying to sound intelligent, this is profootballtalk

3. Dimi, it doesn’t matter what you say, the Falcons won’t be back at the sb next year anyway.

4. frpsr says:
    Mar 3, 2017 7:55 AM
    ———————————–
    I got a BS detector, as well.

5. Browns’ Owner Jimmy Haslam could have used a “B.S. Radar” back when he believed “Jonny Football” said he was going to be clean.

The same could be said for Bobby Beathard when he believed Ryan’s Leaf’s insistence that he was going to be on the straight and narrow path.

6. “When you interview these guys, there is a little bit of a B.S. radar that goes up and if you detect it, I think everyone has a pigeonhole. I’ve always said that. Just make sure your pigeonhole isn’t full of crap,” Dimitroff said.

To be fair to Dimitroff, this might be the most unique quote we read from a gm all day.

I’m still trying to follow the bull/human/pigeon mixed metaphors, though.

7. Do you think Dimitroff recognizes that his head coach is more cheerleader than leader? His fist pumping antics and lack of prudent decision making in the last 22 minutes of the SB tells me everything.

8. B.S. Radar is a good thing. Keep it activated, particularly in politics — whatever side of the aisle you sit on.
    ——–
    Excellent post. I only wanted to possibly point out that most Americans actually sit in the aisle and not just on either side. I only point it out because the left and the right act like they are the only two parties that matter when the majority of taxpayers are firmly in the middle (which create battle ground states) and are routinely forgotten about the second an election is over.

9. redsea1111 says:
    Mar 3, 2017 8:55 AM

I’m still trying to follow the bull/human/pigeon mixed metaphors, though.

—————————————-

I think it was a reference to different strains of crap.

10. If he really has a BS radar, it will be pinging like crazy this entire offseason as people talk about the Falcons getting back to the SB next year.

They had their shot, took it, lost horrifically and now will come back down to earth and be relegated to the pack with the rest of the 1 year dynasties.

There’s no amount of therapy in the world that can save them from what they blew in that SB.

11. So, they’re not going draft anybody at all? Because every single player is going to answer the questions how they think the team wants. His “detector” is at best pointing out the ones who are worse at it than others.

12. Methinks Mr. Dimitroff should turn his BS radar on next time he looks in a mirror. He’s getting a little full of himself.

13. Clearly, he hides the radar under his hair.

He looks like a cross between Marty McFly and Michael Douglas’ character in Falling Down.

14. ” …. I think everyone has a pigeonhole. I’ve always said that. Just make sure your pigeonhole isn’t full of crap,” Dimitroff said
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Well someone is full of themselves aren’t they?

15. grumpysal says:
    Mar 3, 2017 9:47 AM

————————————————

16. too bad the disingenous media and 95% of really
    stupid and jealous fanbases have broken bs
    meters when it comes to goodell’s words
    and actions.

17. ariani1985 says:
    Mar 3, 2017 9:14 AM
    Nice hair, quit thinking your in high school.

=======================================

Nice grammar. You shouldn’t have quite high school.

18. Talk about BS! Some of the questions that team reps ask these prospective draftees defy reasonability, so it is no wonder they may get strange answers to strange questions. Some team reps seem to think they are psycho analysts and try to figure out what someone’s character is from the answers they get. I’m pretty sure that in this day and age the “recruits” are prepped by their agents for the physical aspects of the combine and also what to expect for questions. The answers they may give have probably been scripted to the extent possible by theiragents too, so how they deliver the answers may be an “act”

19. frpsr says:
    Mar 3, 2017 7:55 AM

————————-

Hey, Eugene, you just concentrate on how you’re going to get away from Negan and the Saviours.

20. >>>Nice hair, quit thinking your in high school.<<<

Is it me or does he remind anyone of Michael Douglas in that movie "Falling Down?"

21. Atlanta should standing tall and proud for what they did this past year. There are 30 other teams that are in no position to criticize.
    ==================================

There are quite a few of those 30 other team who have actually won a Super Bowl so if you think just getting there is a real accomplishment, then you have some serious issues.

22. frpsr says:
    Mar 3, 2017 7:55 AM

People are complicated ….

_______________________

That was a good post. A lot of people are trying to intellectual-shame you for it, because, i dunno… they think that intelligence and football are mutually exclusive???

I dunno.

I hate anti-intellectualism.

Keep posting here, please.

23. factschecker says:
    —-
    Wow. As I write this, you have 40 likes and zero thumbs down — on a political comment!
    In today’s world, on social media no less, that’s not an easy thing to accomplish.
    You seem to have struck a common-ground (or is it middle ground?) chord. Nicely done, my friend.

24. destructicus says:
    I dunno.
    I hate anti-intellectualism.
    —-
    A guy who twice uses the term “i dunno” standing up for intellectualism? Ironic. Sorry, I couldn’t resist. 🙂
    Like you, I hate it when certain people insinuate that it’s OK to come off as near-illiterate because “it’s just a football talk site.” Like you, I believe the two are not mutually exclusive.
    I am decidedly not “anti-intellectual.” However, and I speak only for myself, I draw a distinction between intellectual conversation and pseudo-intellectual drivel. In my estimation, the comment in question falls squarely in the latter camp. Just my two cents. No one has to agree, and I may well be mistaken.

25. People are complicated…

Where do I start? I’ll keep it simple. a space is not needed before a coma or period. There should be 2 spaces after a period.

Other than that, your comment is a steaming pile of crap and you broke my BS radar.

26. “Browns’ Owner Jimmy Haslam could have used a “B.S. Radar” back when he believed “Jonny Football” said he was going to be clean.”

He’s a con man who stole millions and millions of dollars from his PilotFlyingJ customers. I’d say he’s well aware of what BS smells like.

27. I wonder if any BS radar was going off in his head when the Fal-cons were pumping fake crowd noise into the dome? Maybe that was just gamesmanship radar beeping?

28. What’s BS is when NFL teams act surprised when a player gets in trouble even though they’ve had issues in the past.

Or BS when NFL teams give their players a slap on wrist for breaking the law.

29. The BS isn’t just coming from the college kids getting interviewed. How about the line of BS coming from SF GM, talking up the #2 overall pick. We all know he wants to trade down because this team has ZERO chance of competing with Seattle or AZ in the next 2 years. Or how about the Saints trying to drive up the price of Cooks , a malcontent that is pushing for a big contract by saying that the Titans & Eagles are interested. Or how about NE taking advantage of Shefter saying how they will keep Jimmy G, and what…let him walk next year & get nothing in return ?

And all this scrutiny, testing and the like..and where does Montana go ? Round 3…Brady round 6…

30. The Dangerous Kitchen says:

____________________________________

That choke job is nothing to be proud of. As a die hard football fan, i’d be devastated if my team collapsed in that fashion on that stage……and would never get over it.

I don’t ever want to feel that kind of pain!!

31. I agree with bucfaninclearwater’s comment. I’d almost rather my team get blown out from the first snap than have them choke away a SB in the 4th quarter like that. Stand tall and proud? For what? Committing arguably the biggest choke job in all of sports? Give me a break!