Jets announce Jalin Marshall suspension

Getty Images

The Jets won’t have wide receiver Jalin Marshall for the first four games of the 2017 season.

Word on Tuesday morning was that Marshall was facing a four-game suspension for violating the leagues’ performance-enhancing drug policy. The Jets announced the suspension on Tuesday afternoon, which leaves Marshall able to practice with the team and play in the preseason before he will serve out the ban.

Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News reported that a positive test for Adderall led to Marshall’s suspension.

Marshall caught 14 passes for 162 yards and two touchdowns during his rookie season. He also returned punts and kickoffs for the Jets and showed a propensity for losing control of the ball as he fumbled four times on his 45 touches last year.

Permalink 10 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, New York Jets, Rumor Mill
10 Responses to “Jets announce Jalin Marshall suspension”
  1. infectorman says: Mar 7, 2017 4:40 PM

He’s right there in Richard Sherman’s bucket.
    Ole’ cracked-cup justice evader himself.
    He’s the Johnny Cochran of the NFL:
    “If the cup is cracked! the test is whacked!”

Fraudger is as corrupt as the OJ Jury

2. streetyson says: Mar 7, 2017 4:40 PM

Jailin’ Jaylin!
    – his parents were probably thinking more about an appropriate name for his post-football years…

3. cosmicconvoy says: Mar 7, 2017 4:48 PM

Lucky for Jalin. Jets are looking at 0-16 no matter who plays.

4. nyneal says: Mar 7, 2017 5:08 PM

Who are we kidding? Half the NFL players are doing PED’s and most of them are smoking pot. Why kid ourselves about it?

I still follow my favorite team, though not nearly as passionately as I used to, but I have no use for most of the players. The majority of them are egotistical punks who think they are better than everyone else. They were pampered in high school and pampered in college, all because they were good at football.
    I’m not alone. I talk with long time fans of the NFL like myself who feel the same way.

So — I couldn’t care less what these guys put in their bodies anymore. They can all do PED’s until they have elephant ears, for all I care. And they can all do hard drugs, too. In fact, put it next to the bench so they can do it during the games. And put beer there, too.

And many of the fans are no better. They smoke pot and get drunk at the games and act like jerks. It’s a big reason why I stopped going to the games.

5. jag1959 says: Mar 7, 2017 5:10 PM

He “inadvertently took medication without an exemption from the league on one occasion.” He must be a very unlucky guy. One occasion and he happened to get popped for it, lmao

6. InTheLand says: Mar 7, 2017 5:15 PM

The NFL is doomed. They just don’t know it yet.

7. goodellhasabutthamster says: Mar 7, 2017 5:18 PM

4 fumbles in 45 touches? Sounds like he needs the Adderall.

8. footballboozer says: Mar 7, 2017 5:43 PM

OMG, it’s never ending for the cheaters known as the New Jersey Jets.

#chippy

9. ehsguy72 says: Mar 7, 2017 5:52 PM

nyneal says:
    Mar 7, 2017 5:08 PM

________________________________________

But of course you’re perfect and have never smoked weed, gotten drunk, or acted like a jerk. You might want to find a new sport to follow … maybe ping pong?

10. whenwilliteverend says: Mar 7, 2017 9:43 PM

It’s amazing how many NFL players take that. I wonder if they’ll still “need” it after they finish playing football.