Terrelle Pryor wants to set up some workouts with Kirk Cousins

Getty Images

There are few things certain in Washington right now. But since new wide receiver Terrelle Pryor is on a one-year contract just like quarterback Kirk Cousins, he at least wants to get to know his new passer as quickly as he can.

Via Mike Jones of the Washington Post, Pryor said he wanted to set up some workouts with Cousins and his new teammates as soon as possible.

I’m assuming he’ll be the quarterback,” Pryor said of Cousins. “I’d love the opportunity to play with Kirk. He’s a great quarterback.”

Cousins has signed his franchise tender, though his future in Washington remains cloudy.

But that didn’t keep Pryor from reaching out to Cousins to set up the workouts. While he said playing with Cousins was an attractive part of coming to Washington, he said it wasn’t the only reason he signed a one-year, $8 million deal there.

“I don’t want to say it was my first priority because, at the end of the day, you want to be wanted. You want to be with a team that wants you on the team,” Pryor said. “Washington was very aggressive in terms of wanting me to be on the team. I played with six quarterbacks last year, so I don’t think it will get that bad. Obviously, I would like to play with Kirk. I’d be an idiot if I didn’t believe that. He’s a great quarterback, and, hopefully, that happens.”

While the contracts dictate they will be together for the next 360 days or so, the fact he has to hope he plays with Cousins speaks volumes about the current situation there.

Permalink 10 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, Rumor Mill, Washington Redskins
10 Responses to “Terrelle Pryor wants to set up some workouts with Kirk Cousins”
  1. eazeback says: Mar 14, 2017 8:57 AM

nice signing to replace their lost options at WR

2. tangotwo22 says: Mar 14, 2017 9:15 AM

Translated: Pryor wants to be in the news….The Skins will regret signing another egomaniac,

3. dcsween says: Mar 14, 2017 9:17 AM

… and because Pryor also has a one year deal, they can take the Cousins-Pryor Show to San Fran. Sigh. We’ll always have next year.

4. TheBabadook says: Mar 14, 2017 9:20 AM

Kirk, you like that??

5. johnnyjagfan says: Mar 14, 2017 9:38 AM

Pryor loves football. The kid wants to get to work. I hope this works out for him.

6. NFLexpert says: Mar 14, 2017 10:37 AM

No team really “Wants” Pryor. The Redskins were just desperate, like he was, after blowing the big payday that CLE offered, on the advice of the greediest agents in the business. . .And, no other receivers wanted to be in WASH…

7. dryzzt23 says: Mar 14, 2017 10:53 AM

Pryor is putting in the time/effort to get better as a WR, yet ya’ll constantly rip him.
    Meanwhile ya’ll praise these diva WRs who don’t work to improve at all.

It amazes me how society has changed over the last 8 years to demean and ridicule those who work hard while praising those who don’t work at all.

8. NFLexpert says: Mar 14, 2017 10:53 AM

I see Pryor is already trying to run things in Washington. Good luck, Skins. Mr. I-ME is in the house…

9. JSpicoli says: Mar 14, 2017 11:41 AM

I only started following him when in the NFL, and I’ve never heard anything I did not like come out of Pryor’s mouth.

The kid is a worker and has adapted willingly. Kudos to Pryor.

10. escapedconvict says: Mar 14, 2017 12:25 PM

As a Skins fan, I don’t care about his previous baggage. He’s a 1000 yd receiver coming here, showing respect, and trying to get to work. How can anyone fault that?