Adrian Peterson working out with Jameis Winston, intriguing Bucs

Getty Images

Adrian Peterson hasn’t found a team interested in signing him yet, but there may be another one with some degree of interest.

After a social media post appeared of the former Vikings running back working out with Buccaneers quarterback Jameis Winston, Bucs coach Dirk Koetter said he’s curious to hear a scouting report.

“I’ve seen Adrian Peterson many times playing and that guy is one of the best running backs to ever play,” Koetter said, via Rick Stroud of the Tampa Bay Times. “I’m anxious to talk to Jameis and ask him how his workouts went. That caught me off guard. I didn’t know that. I’ll be honest with you, first thing I thought when I saw that was Jamies is just an amazing guy. The guy is everywhere.”

Of course, the Bucs have at least a three-week opening for a starting running back next season, if not more.

Doug Martin will serve the first three games for a suspension for violating the league’s policy on performance enhancing drugs, but the Bucs may make a move to sign or draft another one before the season, and the team has been hesitant to fully endorse him.

That could leave the door open for Peterson, as other teams including the Giants have been more willing to do lately.

58 responses to “Adrian Peterson working out with Jameis Winston, intriguing Bucs

1. No one is signing AP until after the draft at the earliest. He probably has a year or two of good football left in him, but “probably” isn’t what GMs want to know before committing to his salary demands. They’ll wait until the draft to see if it provides a young, less expensive talented back before trying the Peterson experiment.

2. I’m sure they are spending time laughing it up with their misogynistic stories of past and present. The old man can mentor the youngster on how to mistreat women, father illegitimate children and provide tips on how to beat them bloody.

3. AP might have something left in the tank, but how much are teams willing to invest in a 32 year old running back?

4. If I was the Bucs I would not want one of my star young players being influenced by Peterson in any way. This will not end well for Winston

5. Not every team has a rapist at QB and a child abuser at RB…… They are going to go all the way with a lineup like that.

6. He WAS one of the best RBs but not anymore. Bucs aren’t very smart if the sign him. But then again they drafted a kicker in round 2 so I think that has already been established.

7. So many lazy comments about Winston being a rapist. No charges were ever files and pictures show anything but an abusive encounter. I don’t know any rape victims that would openly cheer their rapist or ride on the back of his moped after the alleged encounter.

8. If they do sign him it’ll be a 2 year contract maybe 5 mil a year IF HES LUCKY. he won’t be a feature back as he will have to share with sims and Rodgers, Martin will be gone

9. I wouldn’t be surprised if he goes unsigned until training camp/preseason when a team’s #1 running back goes down
    ———
    One step further, if he signs anytime after week 1 his contract would not be fully guaranteed for the full season. I don’t think it’ll get to that point but it could be a possibility.

10. Those pregame speeches of Winston’s are just so……. TERRIBLE, just like Ray Lewis’s.

11. Why no stories about Peterson being blackballed?
    If he is not being signed because he sucks then does not not apply to Kaepernick as well?

I guess taking a knee is much worse in the public’s eye than taking a tree branch to a 4-year old child.

12. lgbarn says:
    Mar 30, 2017 9:22 AM
    So many lazy comments
    ———-
    It’s what PFT has become. I’d say maybe 15-20% of comments actually talk about the article at hand, and even less talk football.

I agree with the one person who here who stated AP is probably just sitting back and waiting to see who needs him the most after training camp. A RB always goes down. AP will be there waiting. And, does anybody really know what his salary “demands” are?

13. The Vikings organization stood by this guy, the least he could have done was was take the bare minimum and stuck with the team. Great back but one dimensional. Sorry to see him go but its time, every dog has his day. Draft a RB and move forward.

14. AP needs to sign deal that’s about 6$MIL max and that’s after he hits all the escalators. I don’t think he will do that, the guy held out after being on the exempt list.

15. The Bucs should draft Mixon and AP can school him on being a RB and to never let anyone video you.

Does anyone think if there was a video of AP stuffing leaves in his kid’s mouth and beating him with a tree branch that teams would be talking about signing him ??

16. What a bunch of racist haters. You forget Winston is very young…still only 22. Made a dumb mistake with the crab legs…who hasnt done stupid crap growing up? He has been exceptional for the Bucs and a great role model. I would love to see us pick up Peterson…Martin will come back motivated after his suspension as well plus we have Rodgers…pick up some more offensive line help, receivers, and dbs….watch out this year!

17. The bucs are a joke. The old days with the class acts are gone…dungy,Brooks,Dunn,alstott. Now it’s these dirtbags Winston and Peterson.

18. Nice to see others recognizing the stupid comments. Not just this article but almost any… so full of hatred and negativity. I can only imagine a ton of red neck idiots with sad lives

19. whatjusthapped says:
    Mar 30, 2017 6:45 AM
    A rapist and a child abuser walk into a bar together…….
    —-
    First thing that came to mind was Darren Sharper having a beer with Mark Chmura at a bar in Green Bay.

20. You can hide from men by casting a stone. What’s scary is that you feel good about condemning. ….what ever judgement you render to others, that same measure of judgment will come back to you. Whatjusthapped.

21. contra74 says:
    Mar 30, 2017 5:30 PM
    whatjusthapped says:
    Mar 30, 2017 6:45 AM
    A rapist and a child abuser walk into a bar together…….
    —-
    ===================================
    Did you know that Darren Sharper played for the Vikings for 4 years? You actually ripped the Vikings as well when you were trying to burn the Packers- that was funny.

22. frank booth says:
    Mar 31, 2017 10:13 AM
    contra74 says:
    Mar 30, 2017 5:30 PM
    whatjusthapped says:
    Mar 30, 2017 6:45 AM
    A rapist and a child abuser walk into a bar together…….
    —-
    ===================================
    —-
    No. Its well understood that all NFL fans associate Sharper as a Packer first, Saint second. Nice try though.

23. Oh. Sharper didn’t play for the Vikings? According to multiple stay sites, he played 4 years for the Vikings and 2 for the Saints. I guess they are wrong.

24. frank booth says:
    Mar 31, 2017 1:22 PM
    —-
    I didn’t say he wasn’t a Viking. I just said he is recognized around the NFL as a packer first and a saint second.

Go back to pretending you’re a bears fan.

25. Right. He’s known as Packer, a Viking, and a Saint. You just want to ignore the Viking years in order to support your narrative.

Go back to pretending your a football fan.

26. dawoger says:
    Mar 30, 2017 8:45 AM
    So now a “workout” constitutes bending your elbow with a blunt in hand?
    ========================

Honest question, how do you get so many troll comments to go unnoticed by the mods? If I write anything even remotely less than delightful it immediately gets obliterated by the mods, but you pull it off on every single article. What’s your secret? Do you work here? Get grandfathered in maybe?

27. frank booth says:
    Mar 31, 2017 3:41 PM

Go back to pretending your a football fan.
    —–
    Again, reading comprehension must be a skill you packer fans lack.

Not once did I say he wasn’t a Viking. I said he is more known as a packer and as a Saint. Yes he played for the Vikings but he isn’t known as much for his play with the team. Is Favre known more as a Packer, Jet, or Viking? Oh now you get it.

Yes I called you a packer fan, get over it. You’re not a bears fan like you claim. Bears fans at least know when to use “your” vs “you’re”.

28. Brett Favre and Darren Sharper are at two totally different levels of stardom.

If you’re going to comment on someone’s English, make sure that yours is correct first. I’m sure that the moderator has seen what you’ve done and will allow me to respond in kind.

However, you may have something here. I may not be a Bears’ fan- I was unaware that Bears’ fans have a better grasp of “your” vs. “you’re” vs other fan bases- I didn’t even know a study was conducted or that information like this was out there. Thank you.

I appreciate the help with the autocorrect error. Now, I’ll give you some help with your poor grammar.

Proper nouns need to be capitalized; you apply that inconsistently (ex. should be “Bears” instead of “bears”). Additionally, your use of plural possessives is shoddy (should be “Bears’ fan”, instead of “Bears fan”).

It should read “better known” instead of “more known”. Also, in the same paragraph, “Yes” and “Oh” should each be followed by a comma. Finally, in the second to the last sentence, it should be “as you claim” as opposed to “like you claim”.

The lesson is free. Your welcome.