Harrison Smith to be “full speed” for training camp

Getty Images

It might seem like an April Fools’ Day prank for positive injury news to come out of the Vikings beat.

Alas, this is not a drill.

The Vikings, as injury-stricken as any NFL team in 2016, appear optimistic in safety Harrison Smith’s recovery from left ankle surgery. News he had the off-season procedure was reported Wednesday. On Saturday, some context was added: Smith will be “full speed” come the start of training camp, per Chris Tomasson of the St. Paul Pioneer Press.

Smith suffered a high ankle sprain on Dec. 1 against the Cowboys.

After missing two games, he finished the year and participated in his second straight Pro Bowl.

Harrison, 28, reportedly underwent the surgery in Minnesota shortly after the Feb. 5 Super Bowl. Tomasson characterized the procedure as involving “tension band wiring used to pull bones together and strengthen the ligaments.”

New Vikings running back Latavius Murray had ankle surgery on March 22. The team stated he’s “expected to fully recover and be available for training camp.”

21 responses to “Harrison Smith to be “full speed” for training camp

1. Easily one of the top safeties in football, perfect fit for zimmers scheme because he can play both.

Disclaimer: this not a super bowl guarantee and not a proclomation that the vikings are off-season champions, please dont reach.

2. Has gb recovered from the falcons?

They signed 2 new tight ends to really shore up that historically poor defense. I think Ted finally fixed it.

3. I really had no intention of commenting on such a mundane story, but Wow, the Packers and their fans really do live rent free in your heads year round.

skoLOL@Barneys!!!

4. wafflestomp says:
    Apr 1, 2017 6:44 PM

skoLOL@Barneys!!!

///////////

Can you be more original waffle?
    Skolol and barneys are right there with “take my wife, please”
    Old, worn out and played. I’m sure you’re a smart guy. Let’s try a little harder on the trolling.

5. GenXJay says:
    Apr 1, 2017 5:57 PM
    Has gb recovered from the falcons?
    ///////////////////////////

Who knows? Are the Vikings over the heavily-favored-but-got-trounced 41-0 shellacking the Giants gave them in a NFCCG? That would be your clue.

Get back to us.

6. stellarperformance says:
    Apr 1, 2017 7:43 PM
    GenXJay says:
    Apr 1, 2017 5:57 PM
    Has gb recovered from the falcons?
    ///////////////////////////

Get back to us.

//////////

Just got back to you.

7. Today, on April 01, 2017, I hereby will stop believing the Vikings suck, and their fans are NFL neophytes who worship an inept GM. I further believe the Vikings will not take 3rd in their division in 2017 and they will be the first team to win the Super Bowl in their home stadium. Also, their uniform color is very masculine.

8. Considering the DB’s that left to go to a winning program and talking Newman out of checking into the local retirement home, the Vikings will need all the help they can get. But calm down Viking fans, Harrison Smith isn’t even in the top 3 of all NFL safeties, you might think so but you are still in denial after finishing 3rd in the NFC North.

9. No definitive answer. But, from the flabbergasted bandwagon fans responses, I don’t conclude gb has recovered from the recent loss.

10. eatme2259 says:
    Apr 1, 2017 7:58 PM
    How about that shellacking the Frankford Yellow Jackets put on the packers in 1926 on there way to a championship. Just got back to you.
    ///////////////////////////////////////////

That’s “getting back to me?” Where, Bizarro World? Fake News, as usual. Frankfort beat Green Bay 20-14 on Thanksgiving Day, hardly a shellacking and nothing to do with a championship. Championship games didn’t exist in the NFL until 1933, but you go ahead and spew your Fake News. It’s important to feel good about yourself.

11. in 1926 on there way to a championship
    ——
    Where exactly was a championship game mentioned? if it were me I would brush up on my reading comprehension before trying to shout down anything and everything you don’t like as fake news. I realize you just learned a new phrase and are excited to use but you might want learn where it fits as well.

12. Nonstellar
    ))))))))))))))))))))
    One game happened 17 years ago, the other happened a couple months ago. Stay relevant . I don’t think you can by reading your posts. But try at least.

13. The original poster had asked if the Packers had recovered from the Falcons (yet.) I suggested he find out how long it took the Vikings to recover from a similar NFCCG shellacking, and he would likely have his answer (if he really wanted to know.) I don’t know either, but the Viking recovery time may give him a clue, and I politely asked him to let us know and “get back to us.” The experience for both teams was the same. It had nothing to do with the dates on which each respective game was played. That would be missing the point.

All the posters in whose head I reside decided to respond instead, incorrectly, and with more Fake News.

Reading comprehension is important. Re-read the very first comment on this thread, then read my response, and then be sure to read your own one last time before hitting “submit.” You can spare all of us more Fake News.

14. atthemurph says:
    Apr 2, 2017 4:19 AM

MNs chance best chance to win a title went out with powdered wigs.
    ))))))))))))))
    FAIL, I know you were trying but a little too hard.It made no sense. No football when they had powdered wigs. The Vikings could have been luckier and played in the 1930’s. Then they could claim a “World Title” without wining a playoff game like the packers did.