Malik Hooker visiting Bears with Marshon Lattimore on to Titans

Getty Images

The Bears hosted a defensive back from Ohio State for a visit on Monday and another one is in Chicago on Tuesday.

Ian Rapoport of NFL Media reports that safety Malik Hooker is visiting with the Bears as they continue to kick the tires on pieces for the back end of their defense. Cornerback Marshon Lattimore, who was Monday’s visitor, has moved on to a visit with the Titans.

Hooker had hip and sports hernia surgeries in January and is expected to be ready in time for the start of his rookie season. He and LSU’s Jamal Adams were generally seen as the top two safeties in this year’s crop of prospects heading into the pre-draft process and the surgeries haven’t done much, if anything, to affect his standing.

That projects to Hooker being a top 10 pick, which is also where Lattimore is expected to come off the board. The Titans pick fifth and corner is a spot they could stand to improve heading into next season.

Permalink 5 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Chicago Bears, Home, Rumor Mill, Tennessee Titans
5 Responses to “Malik Hooker visiting Bears with Marshon Lattimore on to Titans”
  1. unbiasednfltruth says: Apr 4, 2017 1:42 PM

Tons of talent anyone would be lucky to have him

2. bluez32 says: Apr 4, 2017 2:11 PM

I’m a Buckeye fan and a lifelong die hard Browns fan of over 40 years .I will get bashed for this from the Buckeye homers . I would not draft Hooker . yes he can make plays but he also shy’s away from contact .I want a thumper who can cover for the Browns .

3. joefelicelli says: Apr 4, 2017 3:32 PM

bluez32 says:
    Apr 4, 2017 2:11 PM

———————————————————
    Pat Kirwan said he wrote down “pile inspector” three different times in the same game for Hooker, so I don’t think you are off on your assessment. It really boils down to what kind of safety you need. If you need a guy who can run down the field and cover receivers and tight ends, he has definite appeal. If you need your safeties to be interchangeable, where they both play in coverage and in the box, Hooker is less likely to be highly ranked on the board.

4. dryzzt23 says: Apr 4, 2017 4:14 PM

Hooker is the Deion Sanders version of a safety. He’s all about coverage but is afraid to tackle.

5. tonebones says: Apr 4, 2017 4:59 PM

If you want to be a champion, you have to build your team to be able to stop Tom Brady on 4th and 8, not stop Adrian Peterson on 1st and ten. That’s why those shiny super bowl rings seemed to show up wherever Deion Sanders played.