A year after devastating workout injury, Bradley Sylve signs with Bills

Getty Images

Several prospective NFL players have seen their draft stock drop after injuries at pre-draft workouts, but few players suffered more than former Alabama cornerback Bradley Sylve, who suffered a torn Achilles tendon while doing what was supposed to be an easy workout the day before Alabama’s Pro Day last year.

Sylve’s injury was so severe that he wasn’t drafted, needed a full year off and didn’t play at all in 2016. But he has finally made it to the NFL, signing with the Bills today.

The injury took place at Alabama’s facility and was during a simple backpedaling drill, just designed to keep his body loose the day before Pro Day. Alabama’s medical staff immediately diagnosed the torn Achilles.

“All I remember doing is — when they told me that — I just put my head down and started crying,” Sylve said last year. “I cried the whole day and the whole night.”

Sylve has worked hard for the last year and was able to participate in this year’s Alabama Pro Day, where he reportedly ran the 40-yard dash in about 4.43 seconds. Now he’ll get a chance to show what he can do in Buffalo, a year after he was deprived of that opportunity.

Permalink 12 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Buffalo Bills, Home, Rumor Mill
12 Responses to “A year after devastating workout injury, Bradley Sylve signs with Bills”
  1. daaabears says: Apr 7, 2017 4:42 PM

Best of luck kid.

I’d say “Break a Leg” but…

2. mclennon99 says: Apr 7, 2017 5:22 PM

Hmmm…could be a steal

3. eazeback says: Apr 7, 2017 5:27 PM

dallas cowboys late yet again….should’ve signed this guy, I mean, why not?!

4. broncoschick says: Apr 7, 2017 5:33 PM

All the best Bradley, you sure have earned this shot! Good luck.

5. joetoronto says: Apr 7, 2017 6:04 PM

Wait till he gets a load of that town, he’ll be crying till the cows come home.

6. stipez says: Apr 7, 2017 6:41 PM

He’ll be crying in his Schlitz in the parking lot before work, like all Buffaloians.

7. lildeucedeuce says: Apr 7, 2017 6:59 PM

Wow that sounds devastating. I hope he is able to make the most of his opportunities. (Just not against the Saints though 🙂)

8. noose18 says: Apr 7, 2017 8:03 PM

Good luck kid

9. charger383 says: Apr 7, 2017 10:42 PM

hope to see him playing

10. onebuffalove716 says: Apr 7, 2017 10:53 PM

Apr 7, 2017 6:41 PM

Please, just stop. It sounds like you hurt yourself trying to come up with that one.

11. billsfan66 says: Apr 8, 2017 5:20 AM

Wait till he gets a load of that town, he’ll be crying till the cows come home.
    ——————————————–

Sorry buddy. Buffalo is full of hard working people. He’ll be proud to play our city! Sorry, but I don’t measure my city’s worth based on the record of a football team.

Joe, does your negativity come from the Bills standing up Toronto? Maybe, just maybe…. Well, go enjoy your Arogonauts, while I enjoy my NFL team.

12. theleafsblow says: Apr 11, 2017 9:07 PM

_____________________________

You know he watches every game. Pays a premium too.