LeSean McCoy takes shots at Kiko Alonso on social media

Getty Images

By all appearances, Bills running back LeSean McCoy didn’t show up for offseason workouts last week in Buffalo. He was nevertheless working on something.

Via Joe Schad of the Palm Beach Post, McCoy took exception to an Instagram post from Dolphins linebacker Kiko Alonso that shows Alonso tackling McCoy. (It was the same photo as the post accompanying this article.) McCoy, via his verified user name, posted multiple comments to the photo, including “boy ya dad wish u was as good as me… n ya new contract garbage lol my 2011 money” and “take me off ya page u BUM.”

There’s some history between the two players. Two years ago, the Bills sent Alonso to Phlly for McCoy, straight up. Last year, the Eagles sent Alonso to the Dolphins. Alonso recently signed a new deal with Miami, a three-year, $28.8 million extension.

In 2012 (not 2011 but close enough), the Eagles signed McCoy to a five-year, $45 million deal. Incidentally, both contracts carry a higher annual average than McCoy’s current five-year, $40 million contract.

67 responses to “LeSean McCoy takes shots at Kiko Alonso on social media

1. And people wonder why the Eagles moved on from McCoy. In the NFL, it often isn’t just about football…

2. Dolphin fan here, I don’t see they hype with Alonso.. Misses tackles periodically, and looks lost in pass coverage.. Solid LB, but we could’ve use that money to draft Peppers out of Michigan.. The only memorable play from his season was the pick six against San Diego

3. Whatever shady…you have already peaked and have begun the path towards salary cut, getting released, out of league.

4. Kiko is a good player, but the Bills fleeced Philly in that deal. And even if Kiko was as healthy and performing as well in Philly as he is in Miami, then the Bills still would have gotten the better end of that deal.

5. Alonso sucked in Chip Kelly’s twisted view of professional football… That being said, Mccoys like a spurned teenage girl….

6. Kilo was working on becoming a legend in Buffalo, when he tore his 3rd ACL . The Bills made a good trade for Shady, but Kilo still gets much Buffalove. We also love us some Shady. Best to both.

7. dlw492 says:
    Apr 10, 2017 11:05 AM
    _________________________
    Your right but whenever a turnover or a big play happens he always seems to be around the ball. Not saying that makes him a great player but that’s what it is.

8. Can anyone even read what McCoy wrote? This person went to college? This human being has lived in America for nearly 30 years, English is his first language and that’s the best he can do?

I know it’s Twitter and abbreviations are common but c’mon. I can’t respect this human being or any of his opinions if this is the best he can do.

9. A bit petty on Shady’s part. I guess he’s still working on those people skills he had trouble with in public back in his Philly days.

10. This seems like just friendly banter between former teammates. I don’t think they’ve had any conflicts before at least. I mean shady even laughs and says “lol”. The article makes it seem like they’re fighting.

11. jagsfan1 says:
    Apr 10, 2017 11:05 AM

Yeah ok dude he had almost 1300 yards last year and he was hurt and missed at least one full game and the injury affected him in multiple other games. For perspective TJ Yeldon is your teams top running back

12. dlw492 says:
    Apr 10, 2017 11:05 AM

____________________________________

He also had that stop in the redzone where he and Suh crushed Colin Kaepernick.

13. “boy ya dad wish u was as good as me… n ya new contract garbage lol my 2011 money” and “take me off ya page u BUM.”

No class and perfect for Buffalow.

14. lionsfan123 says:
    Apr 10, 2017 11:20 AM
    _________________________
    He went to Pitt…. so to answer your question not really….

15. runningoutofboundsisforgringos says:
    Apr 10, 2017 11:05 AM
    zero class

________________________________

Just wanted to comment on your name… running out of bounds is also for Ted Ginn Jr.

16. dlw492 says:
    Apr 10, 2017 11:05 AM

——————————————————————

If you are a Dolphin fan then you should know that the Dolphin LB corps has been flat out bad for the last several years …… so forgive me if i am hyped on a guy that makes tackles, makes plays, and seems to have a nose for the football.

17. Dolphin fan here, I don’t see they hype with Alonso.. Misses tackles periodically, and looks lost in pass coverage.. Solid LB, but we could’ve use that money to draft Peppers out of Michigan.. The only memorable play from his season was the pick six against San Diego
    _______________
    At what point does the money that the dolphins paid Alonso have anything to do with the draft picks that are coming in?

You know that one pick six that he has in San Diego, that’s as many int’s that Pepper’s had his whole college career. Pepper’s is a glorified punt returner, there is no way he goes to Miami and I’m willing to bet he doesn’t even get picked on the first day of the draft. You want to talk about being lost in pass coverage, go put in some tape on Pepper’s and you’ll see what lost really means.

18. He’s dim, Shady
    He’s real dim, Shady
    He is the dim Shady
    He’s not imitating
    And won’t this real dim Shady
    Please shut up, please shut up, please shut up

19. Love lesean McCoy the footballer. Not so much the guy himself. (Didn’t he tip $0.00 before? Disgusting.) With that said, lesean probably tweaked his hamstring once he saw kikos pic.

20. I am not math major by all means but if these numbers are accurate it appears Kiko has made more and will make more than McCoy. Not to mention that looks like a pretty solid tackle. Now on to the ebonics, What is it that McCoy was trying to say in his post??? English this time please…

21. If I’m McCoy, I’d be angry too. Chip Kelly traded him for a bum coming off his 2nd or 3rd knee injury, and then re-injured it after a dozen plays. Meanwhile, McCoy is still better than anybody Philly has trotted out there in his absence. I like Sproles, he’s been good, but he ain’t the real McCoy though. And, the photo is like Alonzo is not making a solo tackle either.

22. Kiko’s comment was written in Cuban Spanish and yet I understood it better than McCoy’s illiterate ghetto speak. And I’m not even Spanish speaking.

23. Buffalo definitely won in the Alonso-McCoy trade. Even if you were to only use McCoy’s 2016 season… 15 games, 234 carries for 1267 yards at 5.4 y/avg, 13td’s, 50 receptions for 356 yards and 1td… the Bills still won in that deal.

Kiko Alonso
    In Buffalo- 16 games 159 tackles, 2 sacks, 1ff, 2fr, 5pd, 4int.
    In Philly- 11 games 43 tackles, 0 sacks, 0ff, 0fr, 1pd, 1int.
    In Miami- 15 games 114 tackles, 0 sacks, 1ff, 4fr, 4pd, 2int.

Alonso is not playing as well in Miami as he did in Buffalo. He’s a good player, but not as valuable as McCoy is to Buffalo’s run game. Bills 1, Philly 0.

24. dlw492 says:
    Apr 10, 2017 11:05 AM
    ============================

Help me out here, how would saving Alonzo’s $$$$ help DRAFT a player?

25. I love Shady for bringing me to the championship last year, but dude use a calculator before you talk smack in front of the whole world.

Kiko (2017)- 28.8 mil/3 yrs = 9.6/year

Shady (2012) – 45 mil/5 yrs = 9/year
    Shady (2017) – 40 mil/5yrs = 8/year

This plus the fact that you never saw all 5 years on that old contract, you’ve never made as much as Alonso! Dude lookin pretty silly right now.

26. With all that money that LeSean’s making, maybe he should hire someone to post comments to his social media accounts for him. Preferably someone who speaks English and not whatever that language is that he’s currently commenting in.

27. As a Buffalo Fan I say they are both solid players……..just wish Shady would let his rushing/recieving do the talking……

28. Did his teenage daughter write that post? Talk about being sensitive over imaginary slights.

29. Bizzareslantpass says:
    Apr 10, 2017 11:08 AM

Simple Math continues to elude LeSean.
    —————————————

Much like simple English does, too. Can’t hide “dumb”.

30. Simple math is that McCoy got $18.5 guaranteed and already received. Kiko got $15.5 guaranteed the additional $2.75 million is guaranteed in 2019, not now. He won’t be around that long!

$18.5 million guaranteed
    -$ 15.5 million guaranteed
    ———
    $3.0 million difference

The only way he gets more guaranteed is to last until 2019.

31. What McCoy said was stupid, but all the posts calling a guy who just rushed for over 1200 yards at 5.4 per carry, caught 50 passes, and scored 14 TDs for a mediocre team, a bad player on the decline (seriously?) sure give him a run for the money.

32. @tarniman

Do you people really don’t understand what is being said by McCoy in his tweet? or ya’ll understand and just making fun of it?

Translation: Boy, you’re Dad wished you were as good as me. Also, your new contract is garbage (laughter). It’s the same money I got back in 2011. Take me off of your webpage you bum.

I think I’m close…but I know the part about the father is wrong. Regardless, anyone who writes or speaks like this won’t be respected whether they think they should or not. That’s just the way it is.

33. Correction:

@tarniman

Translation: Boy, your Dad wished you were as good as me. Also, your new contract is garbage (laughter). It’s the same money I got back in 2011. Take me off of your webpage you bum.