LeSean McCoy takes shots at Kiko Alonso on social media

Getty Images

By all appearances, Bills running back LeSean McCoy didn’t show up for offseason workouts last week in Buffalo. He was nevertheless working on something.

Via Joe Schad of the Palm Beach Post, McCoy took exception to an Instagram post from Dolphins linebacker Kiko Alonso that shows Alonso tackling McCoy. (It was the same photo as the post accompanying this article.) McCoy, via his verified user name, posted multiple comments to the photo, including “boy ya dad wish u was as good as me… n ya new contract garbage lol my 2011 money” and “take me off ya page u BUM.”

There’s some history between the two players. Two years ago, the Bills sent Alonso to Phlly for McCoy, straight up. Last year, the Eagles sent Alonso to the Dolphins. Alonso recently signed a new deal with Miami, a three-year, $28.8 million extension.

In 2012 (not 2011 but close enough), the Eagles signed McCoy to a five-year, $45 million deal. Incidentally, both contracts carry a higher annual average than McCoy’s current five-year, $40 million contract.

Permalink 67 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Buffalo Bills, Miami Dolphins, Philadelphia Eagles, Rumor Mill, Top Stories
67 Responses to “LeSean McCoy takes shots at Kiko Alonso on social media”
  1. amaf21 says: Apr 10, 2017 11:01 AM

say what?

2. redsoxu571 says: Apr 10, 2017 11:01 AM

And people wonder why the Eagles moved on from McCoy. In the NFL, it often isn’t just about football…

3. davexucc says: Apr 10, 2017 11:02 AM

Shady needs to work on being a better player and not dig into social media so much.

4. runningoutofboundsisforgringos says: Apr 10, 2017 11:05 AM

zero class

5. dlw492 says: Apr 10, 2017 11:05 AM

Dolphin fan here, I don’t see they hype with Alonso.. Misses tackles periodically, and looks lost in pass coverage.. Solid LB, but we could’ve use that money to draft Peppers out of Michigan.. The only memorable play from his season was the pick six against San Diego

6. jagsfan1 says: Apr 10, 2017 11:05 AM

Whatever shady…you have already peaked and have begun the path towards salary cut, getting released, out of league.

7. losangelesbillsofbuffalo says: Apr 10, 2017 11:06 AM

Kiko is a good player, but the Bills fleeced Philly in that deal. And even if Kiko was as healthy and performing as well in Philly as he is in Miami, then the Bills still would have gotten the better end of that deal.

8. edmonton49ers says: Apr 10, 2017 11:07 AM

Sit er down LeSean. Kiko’s at least sniffing the postseason these days.

9. Bizzareslantpass says: Apr 10, 2017 11:08 AM

Simple Math continues to elude LeSean.

10. silvernblacksabbath says: Apr 10, 2017 11:10 AM

Nice tackle Kiko 🙂

11. 700levelvet says: Apr 10, 2017 11:11 AM

Alonso sucked in Chip Kelly’s twisted view of professional football… That being said, Mccoys like a spurned teenage girl….

12. eaglesfan290 says: Apr 10, 2017 11:15 AM

Good Thing Shady can play Ball

Because in life the guys is a total Jerk!

13. arcross12042004scorp15 says: Apr 10, 2017 11:15 AM

Kilo was working on becoming a legend in Buffalo, when he tore his 3rd ACL . The Bills made a good trade for Shady, but Kilo still gets much Buffalove. We also love us some Shady. Best to both.

14. mychode says: Apr 10, 2017 11:16 AM

Was his post written in English?

15. jchipwood says: Apr 10, 2017 11:16 AM

dlw492 says:
    Apr 10, 2017 11:05 AM
    _________________________
    Your right but whenever a turnover or a big play happens he always seems to be around the ball. Not saying that makes him a great player but that’s what it is.

16. dougchillin says: Apr 10, 2017 11:16 AM

McCoy is one of the most sensitive little babies in the NFL.

17. lionsfan123 says: Apr 10, 2017 11:20 AM

Can anyone even read what McCoy wrote? This person went to college? This human being has lived in America for nearly 30 years, English is his first language and that’s the best he can do?

I know it’s Twitter and abbreviations are common but c’mon. I can’t respect this human being or any of his opinions if this is the best he can do.

18. ricko1112 says: Apr 10, 2017 11:21 AM

LeSean talks the way you would expect. Unintelligibly.

19. gauchosporlife says: Apr 10, 2017 11:22 AM

What? English please.

20. ecarlso8 says: Apr 10, 2017 11:25 AM

Bills won on that trade

21. billswillnevermove says: Apr 10, 2017 11:26 AM

Bills still got the better player in McCoy. Kiko is average.

22. leftlaneisforpassingonly says: Apr 10, 2017 11:28 AM

A bit petty on Shady’s part. I guess he’s still working on those people skills he had trouble with in public back in his Philly days.

23. benfranklinshat says: Apr 10, 2017 11:31 AM

It’s a cool photo. Lighten up Francis.

24. alpha1126 says: Apr 10, 2017 11:31 AM

This seems like just friendly banter between former teammates. I don’t think they’ve had any conflicts before at least. I mean shady even laughs and says “lol”. The article makes it seem like they’re fighting.

25. staffordisbetterthanyourteamsqb says: Apr 10, 2017 11:32 AM

jagsfan1 says:
    Apr 10, 2017 11:05 AM

Yeah ok dude he had almost 1300 yards last year and he was hurt and missed at least one full game and the injury affected him in multiple other games. For perspective TJ Yeldon is your teams top running back

26. calex411 says: Apr 10, 2017 11:36 AM

dlw492 says:
    Apr 10, 2017 11:05 AM

____________________________________

He also had that stop in the redzone where he and Suh crushed Colin Kaepernick.

27. VenerableAxiom says: Apr 10, 2017 11:36 AM

So, what hurts more LeSean? Your head after that hit, or the bills getting swept by Kiko and the Dolphins last year?

28. sportoficionado says: Apr 10, 2017 11:36 AM

lets be honest, neither one of them is worth the Ink that the contracts are written with–Kiko at over 9 per and McCoy at 8 per is a joke.

29. joetoronto says: Apr 10, 2017 11:37 AM

No class and perfect for Buffalow.

30. InLavonteWeTrust says: Apr 10, 2017 11:39 AM

lionsfan123 says:
    Apr 10, 2017 11:20 AM
    _________________________
    He went to Pitt…. so to answer your question not really….

31. calex411 says: Apr 10, 2017 11:40 AM

runningoutofboundsisforgringos says:
    Apr 10, 2017 11:05 AM
    zero class

________________________________

Just wanted to comment on your name… running out of bounds is also for Ted Ginn Jr.

32. FinFan68 says: Apr 10, 2017 11:45 AM

McCoy has some issues

33. phinatic29 says: Apr 10, 2017 11:47 AM

dlw492 says:
    Apr 10, 2017 11:05 AM

——————————————————————

If you are a Dolphin fan then you should know that the Dolphin LB corps has been flat out bad for the last several years …… so forgive me if i am hyped on a guy that makes tackles, makes plays, and seems to have a nose for the football.

34. finsphan says: Apr 10, 2017 11:50 AM

_______________
    At what point does the money that the dolphins paid Alonso have anything to do with the draft picks that are coming in?

You know that one pick six that he has in San Diego, that’s as many int’s that Pepper’s had his whole college career. Pepper’s is a glorified punt returner, there is no way he goes to Miami and I’m willing to bet he doesn’t even get picked on the first day of the draft. You want to talk about being lost in pass coverage, go put in some tape on Pepper’s and you’ll see what lost really means.

35. bchagnon says: Apr 10, 2017 11:58 AM

Man… I wish just one of these of these guys could assemble a coherent sentence.

36. TheDPR says: Apr 10, 2017 12:01 PM

There’s never a Code Talker around when you need one.

37. dreadnok89 says: Apr 10, 2017 12:01 PM

He is gonna say his account got hacked by a pre schooler

38. unnamedsources says: Apr 10, 2017 12:04 PM

You should have to pass an IQ test before you are allowed a social media account

39. connfyoozed says: Apr 10, 2017 12:13 PM

He’s dim, Shady
    He’s real dim, Shady
    He is the dim Shady
    He’s not imitating
    And won’t this real dim Shady
    Please shut up, please shut up, please shut up

40. 250dollarnflowner says: Apr 10, 2017 12:13 PM

at least kiko tips his servers.

41. buckethead1 says: Apr 10, 2017 12:14 PM

I would have comprehended that better if it was written backwards and in Russian….

42. aldavis4president says: Apr 10, 2017 12:16 PM

Love lesean McCoy the footballer. Not so much the guy himself. (Didn’t he tip $0.00 before? Disgusting.) With that said, lesean probably tweaked his hamstring once he saw kikos pic.

43. abninf says: Apr 10, 2017 12:30 PM

He’s got the ebonics down. Gee he’s so hip and cool.

44. finzfan49 says: Apr 10, 2017 12:34 PM

I am not math major by all means but if these numbers are accurate it appears Kiko has made more and will make more than McCoy. Not to mention that looks like a pretty solid tackle. Now on to the ebonics, What is it that McCoy was trying to say in his post??? English this time please…

45. jonwill57 says: Apr 10, 2017 12:41 PM

If I’m McCoy, I’d be angry too. Chip Kelly traded him for a bum coming off his 2nd or 3rd knee injury, and then re-injured it after a dozen plays. Meanwhile, McCoy is still better than anybody Philly has trotted out there in his absence. I like Sproles, he’s been good, but he ain’t the real McCoy though. And, the photo is like Alonzo is not making a solo tackle either.

46. phinfan says: Apr 10, 2017 12:48 PM

Kiko’s comment was written in Cuban Spanish and yet I understood it better than McCoy’s illiterate ghetto speak. And I’m not even Spanish speaking.

47. EJ says: Apr 10, 2017 12:52 PM

Buffalo definitely won in the Alonso-McCoy trade. Even if you were to only use McCoy’s 2016 season… 15 games, 234 carries for 1267 yards at 5.4 y/avg, 13td’s, 50 receptions for 356 yards and 1td… the Bills still won in that deal.

Kiko Alonso
    In Buffalo- 16 games 159 tackles, 2 sacks, 1ff, 2fr, 5pd, 4int.
    In Philly- 11 games 43 tackles, 0 sacks, 0ff, 0fr, 1pd, 1int.
    In Miami- 15 games 114 tackles, 0 sacks, 1ff, 4fr, 4pd, 2int.

Alonso is not playing as well in Miami as he did in Buffalo. He’s a good player, but not as valuable as McCoy is to Buffalo’s run game. Bills 1, Philly 0.

48. madmax80 says: Apr 10, 2017 12:54 PM

I need my McCoy decoder wheel to understand that comment.

Maybe there’s one in a box of crackerjax.

49. enlightenedskeptic says: Apr 10, 2017 12:55 PM

…and this is the kind of crap McCoy will be remembered for.

What a waste.

50. ebr362 says: Apr 10, 2017 1:13 PM

dlw492 says:
    Apr 10, 2017 11:05 AM
    ============================

Help me out here, how would saving Alonzo’s $$$$ help DRAFT a player?

51. thebirdofprey says: Apr 10, 2017 1:25 PM

He is upset at a picture of another football player tackling him?

Mentally soft stuff right there.

52. brobokil says: Apr 10, 2017 1:35 PM

I love Shady for bringing me to the championship last year, but dude use a calculator before you talk smack in front of the whole world.

Kiko (2017)- 28.8 mil/3 yrs = 9.6/year

Shady (2012) – 45 mil/5 yrs = 9/year
    Shady (2017) – 40 mil/5yrs = 8/year

This plus the fact that you never saw all 5 years on that old contract, you’ve never made as much as Alonso! Dude lookin pretty silly right now.

53. qbarrel says: Apr 10, 2017 1:40 PM

does anyone have the English translation of McCoy’s post?

54. sweetnlow44 says: Apr 10, 2017 1:44 PM

With all that money that LeSean’s making, maybe he should hire someone to post comments to his social media accounts for him. Preferably someone who speaks English and not whatever that language is that he’s currently commenting in.

55. unclebluck says: Apr 10, 2017 1:59 PM

As a Buffalo Fan I say they are both solid players……..just wish Shady would let his rushing/recieving do the talking……

56. norsehorse88 says: Apr 10, 2017 2:00 PM

Did his teenage daughter write that post? Talk about being sensitive over imaginary slights.

57. fishyinalittledishy says: Apr 10, 2017 2:29 PM

Good Lordy, this is just a bit of banter between the two of them. Take a chill pill everybody.

58. godeepwvu says: Apr 10, 2017 2:36 PM

If I was Slimy, I would refrain from any written use of the English language.

59. godeepwvu says: Apr 10, 2017 2:42 PM

Bizzareslantpass says:
    Apr 10, 2017 11:08 AM

Simple Math continues to elude LeSean.
    —————————————

Much like simple English does, too. Can’t hide “dumb”.

60. dmretrogames says: Apr 10, 2017 2:44 PM

LeSean seems to be a well-educated young man. I’m sure he won’t have any problems holding onto his money after he has retired from the NFL.

61. stipez says: Apr 10, 2017 2:48 PM

If he doesn’t like the post, he shouldn’t have got upended by the guy, simple as that.

62. jhevener says: Apr 10, 2017 3:12 PM

So McCoy just said was, “Take me off yo page how bout dat?”

63. jonwill57 says: Apr 10, 2017 4:41 PM

Simple math is that McCoy got $18.5 guaranteed and already received. Kiko got $15.5 guaranteed the additional $2.75 million is guaranteed in 2019, not now. He won’t be around that long!

$18.5 million guaranteed
    -$ 15.5 million guaranteed
    ———
    $3.0 million difference

The only way he gets more guaranteed is to last until 2019.

64. tarniman says: Apr 10, 2017 6:11 PM

Do you people really don’t understand what is being said by McCoy in his tweet? or ya’ll understand and just making fun of it?

65. genericcommenter says: Apr 11, 2017 9:09 AM

What McCoy said was stupid, but all the posts calling a guy who just rushed for over 1200 yards at 5.4 per carry, caught 50 passes, and scored 14 TDs for a mediocre team, a bad player on the decline (seriously?) sure give him a run for the money.

66. lionsfan123 says: Apr 11, 2017 3:17 PM

@tarniman

Translation: Boy, you’re Dad wished you were as good as me. Also, your new contract is garbage (laughter). It’s the same money I got back in 2011. Take me off of your webpage you bum.

I think I’m close…but I know the part about the father is wrong. Regardless, anyone who writes or speaks like this won’t be respected whether they think they should or not. That’s just the way it is.

67. lionsfan123 says: Apr 11, 2017 3:19 PM

Correction:

@tarniman

Translation: Boy, your Dad wished you were as good as me. Also, your new contract is garbage (laughter). It’s the same money I got back in 2011. Take me off of your webpage you bum.