Four Cowboys jerseys among the top 10 sellers for 2016

Getty Images

Tony Romo didn’t play much football last year and, in turn, didn’t sell many jerseys. Four other Cowboys sold plenty.

The quartet of running back Ezekiel Elliot, quarterback Dak Prescott, receiver Dez Bryant, and tight end Jason Witten finished in the top 10 for all jersey sales in 2016 through NFLShop.com, finishing No. 2, No. 3, No. 9, and No. 10, respectively.

SportsBusiness Daily has the top 15. For the second straight year, Patriots quarterback Tom Brady led the way.

The top 15, in order, are Brady, Elliott, Prescott, Giants receiver Odell Beckham Jr., Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski, Eagles quarterback Carson Wentz, Raiders quarterback Derek Carr, Steelers receiver Antonio Brown, Bryant, Witten, Broncos linebacker Von Miller, Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson, Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers, Raiders linebacker Khalil Mack, and Patriots receiver Julian Edelman.

51 responses to “Four Cowboys jerseys among the top 10 sellers for 2016

1. all the Cowboys fans came out of hiding once they won some games, that’s all this article says

2. I wonder what there was more of: Cowboys jerseys sold, or Kaepernick jerseys thrown in the garbage.

3. “The early favorite to lead the way in 2017 is Marshawn Lynch, who likely will sell tens of thousands if/when he signs with the Raiders.”

If/when Lynch signs with the Raiders I would take the under on that ‘tens of thousands’ you anticipate. The Elliot, Prescott and Wentz jerseys being top sellers aren’t all that surprising, it’s not as though anyone already had one. Brady, Witten and Rodgers have all been doing it for 10 plus years, you’d think at this point anybody that was inclined to buy their jersey would already have one

4. The only name on the list that surprised me was Carson Wentz. Edleman at 15 is no surprise, he does a lot for NE and the fans there love him. I tip my hat to Eagle fans.

5. Let me guess. Tom Brady was more than likely generally aware of some guy he texted a year ago whom he refers to as “The Shirtinator” bought 150,000 #12s to cheat his way to winning for the second straight year.

Wow, this conspiracy stuff is pretty easy to make up. Where is Wells?

6. 1gallon says:
    Apr 11, 2017 12:45 PM
    Julian Edelman at #15 surprises me. I know he is popular, but #15 out of all NFL players?

————-

It’s not all about BB and Brady. Edelman has been the most clutch WR in the last 4 years. He has had great numbers for 3 of those years in terms of receptions and yards and he’s an amazing punt returner. For a long time he was the all time leader in yards per punt return and now he is tied with Hester at 9th behind a bunch of ancient guys.

Obviously it doesn’t hurt to be on a winning team.

7. So the free jersey with a lutefisk dinner at Olie’s Diner over the past holidays didn’t help much with the lavender loki’s jersey sales?

8. mysportsrumors says:

=================================

The Cowboys have become the most valuable sports team on the planet, after admittedly not doing much the last 20 years. What is says is we aren’t bandwagon fans. See how many jerseys the Patriots sell after Brady and Belichick are gone. It won’t be many.

9. 1gallon says:
    Apr 11, 2017 12:45 PM

=================

Kind of played a key role in the Pats winning the Super Bowl

10. “So the free jersey with a lutefisk dinner at Olie’s Diner over the past holidays didn’t help much with the lavender loki’s jersey sales?”

It probably KILLED Jersey sales. I can’t even stand to smell the stuff.

11. I still rock my team’s first Hall of Famer jersey (authentic home, away, alternate, Pro Bowl, prior styles). I was on a roll until my wife put a ban on any more jersey purchases. Such is life.

12. It’s actually dangerous to steal Jets SB jerseys because back then they were made from asbestos coated dodo hide.

13. Surprise? haha so you are telling me the two teams that have one the most Super Bowls sold the most jerseys. Every bandwagon/front runner loves a winner.

14. “Brady is a proven cheater”

Only to those who failed 5th grade science.

If you still actually believe deflategate and aren’t just trolling I’d like to sell you Madison Square Garden, the Triboro Bridge and the Washington Monument. I’ll give you a great package price on all 3 if you’d like.

15. trubroncfan07 says:
    Apr 11, 2017 1:56 PM
    ++++++++++++++++++

Only saw one stealer on that list.

16. Fantasy. If you could own one, iconic, game, Mt. Rushmore jersey, forget the value and cost, what would it be? Yikes, so many choices here. Babe Ruth might be pretty sweet! Jordan? Brady? Gretsky?

17. Cowboys, Cowboys, Cowboys. Now you know why Romo got the gig. More collective eyeballs on him than Simms. It’s all about money, honey and tv ratings. Maybe CBS should add Britney Spears to the booth.

18. It will be interesting to see how Elliot shirts will sell after he evidently
    likes to expose women in public. You must feel proud to wear his shirt.

19. Jerseys I want:

Falcons #7 “Mexico”

Chiefs home jersey #99 “Luftbaloons”

49’ers #7 “Jobless”

20. Do the Elliott jersey’s expose the mid-riff? Lord knows many men don’t want to expose that to the world.

21. Pound for pound, Edelman may be the toughest guy in the NFL. And, I thought the cheater narrative was TB was the most hated guy in the country, and everyone outside of New England thinks he’s a cheater. What happened to that?

22. wib22 says:
    Mar 7, 2017 6:50 PM
    “jealousy and envy are incurable diseases” – robert kraft

wib22 says:
    Apr 11, 2017 3:48 PM
    Kraft gave up the fight. He knew brady did it.
    +++++++++++++++++++

Hey chippy, thanks for stopping by. Provided the moderation team let’s you see this, can you reconcile those 2 posts for us please?

23. 2 surprises for me. Carson Wentz??Really??
    Derek Carr should be #1. Great kid on and off the field Improving every year with great work ethic. Someone you would want your kids to look up to.