Lions to unveil new uniforms on Thursday night

Getty Images

With the draft two weeks away, the Lions will reveal the jersey that their new draft picks will soon be holding up for cameras.

Via SportsBusiness Daily, the team will unveil the new uniforms for 5,000 season ticket holders at Ford Field on Thursday night. Michigan resident Mike Tirico of NBC narrated a portion of a video that will be played in the venue.

It’s the latest Nikefication of the NFL, but this iteration of the team’s uniform apparently will harken back to prior versions of the outfit, with the black lines removed and the focus returning to Honolulu blue and silver.

Permalink 8 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Detroit Lions, Home, Rumor Mill
8 Responses to “Lions to unveil new uniforms on Thursday night”
  1. waynefontesismyfather says: Apr 13, 2017 4:31 PM

We’re winning the offseason!

2. nflfollower says: Apr 13, 2017 4:33 PM

The color black never belonged in the lions uniforms. This is a great move.

3. ajgreenhof says: Apr 13, 2017 4:49 PM

Bring back the old logo!

4. justintuckrule says: Apr 13, 2017 5:11 PM

Im sure it will suck. Has any new uni been better?

5. atwatercrushesokoye says: Apr 13, 2017 5:40 PM

I always liked their throwback uniform with the silver pants and fairly plain jersey. They should start with that, add a logo on each sleeve of the jersey and on the helmet and then go with that.

6. ocdn says: Apr 13, 2017 8:14 PM

What? Not allowed?

7. artvan15 says: Apr 14, 2017 10:46 AM

I also like the uniforms from the 70’s better. I liked the stripes on the socks in the 70’s. The only thing I like better now is the Lion decal on the helmet.

Current uniforms are no good. Stripes on the helmet suck. Font on uniforms suck. Lions on the sleeves suck. Gray instead of silver sucks. Hate what Nike does with uniforms now days.

8. laxcoach37 says: Apr 14, 2017 11:24 AM

My condolensces to the Lions Fans. I like the 70’s Lions uniforms and loved my Dolphins unis from that era as well. Nike can’t help themselves. Hey, at least we are not the Bucs or Jags, right?