Martellus Bennett “talks often” with Aaron Rodgers

Getty Images

Former Packers tight end Jermichael Finley never developed much of a relationship with quarterback Aaron Rodgers during their years together in Green Bay. New Packers tight end Martellus Bennett already is off to a great start with Rodgers.

We talk often,” Bennett said Thursday, via Aaron Wilson of the Houston Chronicle. “I’m excited about playing with him. We’ve known each other for a while. I’m excited about working with him and learning his quarterback language and showing him what type of player I am. I think I’m a lot better player than they think I am.”

It’s unclear who the “they” are. Packers coach Mike McCarthy recently said Bennett could “potentially be” the best tight end in the league.

He definitely is one of the funniest players at any position, offering this explanation regarding the transition from Tom Brady in New England to Rogers in Green Bay: “That’s like leaving J. Lo and going to Halle Berry.”

Who would Jay Cutler be in that analogy?

36 responses to “Martellus Bennett “talks often” with Aaron Rodgers

1. All is well and good until you drop a pass, miss a block or made the block it doesn’t matter. If Aaron looks bad you’ll be thrown under the bus like the rest of them.

2. I was gonna say, maybe these “talks” Aaron has with other men is the reason they broke up. Why does AR need a woman when he has so many warm bodies around him in the locker room? we see right through you man LOL!

3. grogansheroes said:
    Apr 14, 2017 6:50 AM

Jay Cutler would be Melissa McCarthy.

——————————————————-

I’m thinking more along the lines of Rosie O’Donnell. Melissa McCarthy actually has some talent.

4. First the signing of Bennett.
    Then the break up with Munn.
    Now the talking with Bennett.

That’s it.

Packers are going to win the next 4 superbowls.

I know that’s what packer fans are thinking to themselves.
    It’s the offseason, and Green Bay is the home of off season title speak.

5. O ye of little faith.

Brainwashing to win is a process. Packer-haters will never understand, because the majority of them are losers.

The draft is coming. Maybe that will take your obsessed minds off of Rodgers and the Packers for a day or two.

6. stellarperformance says:
    Apr 14, 2017 12:10 PM

————————–
    It’s never gonna happen. Even during the draft, vikings fans’ comments on Packers articles will outnumber their comments on any vikings article by more than 2-1.

Just another classic example of the Packers living rent-free in vikings fans’ heads.

7. Speaking of Aaron Rodgers I see that he is skipping offseason workouts with his teammates in Carlsbad this year in favor of palling around with Nick Jonas at trendy locations in LA including getting facials and hiring stylists to dress him.

I guess that is what Rodgers meat by ‘all in’ for this coming season.

8. yeah, all those high-fives, stupid Rodgers mannerisms and belt moves are fun and they put large butts in cold metal bleacher seats.

but, uh, Martellus sorry to tell you this: Dom Capers.
    That is all.

9. screamingyellowzonkers says:
    Apr 14, 2017 10:13 AM

It’s the offseason, and Green Bay is the home of off season title speak

—————————
    Did a Viking fan just call out another team for off season championship talk. That is rich! Nobody has thrown more parades in July/August than the purple!

10. ariani1985 says:
    Apr 14, 2017 12:52 PM
    Turd nation must be thrilled!
    ____________

They sure are, which is why several other Viking fans including youself ran here to post.

11. cheeseisfattening says:
    Apr 14, 2017 1:12 PM

I guess that is what Rodgers meat by ‘all in’ for this coming season.
    ////////////////////////////////

Wow. You keep a dossier on me, Rodgers, and pop culture in general. It means something altogether different when someone tells you to get a life. You apparently have one.

12. bradygirl12 says:
    Apr 14, 2017 1:08 PM
    The “best tight end in the league” is Gronk, when he’s healthy. Bennett is good, but I disagree with Mike McCarthy.

________________

When is Gronk healthy? since 2012 he has started more than 12 games once in a season. I agree the dudes, a beast, and fun to watch, but he is injured a ton.

13. Frazier28/7 says:
    Apr 14, 2017 1:33 PM
    ……..but, uh, Martellus sorry to tell you this: Dom Capers.
    ///////////////////////////////

Uh, Martellus, glad to tell you this; Packers are 12-3 against the Vikings this decade.

Don’t bother telling the trolls………it will only go right over their heads.

14. ducks4remi says:
    Apr 14, 2017 2:41 PM

screamingyellowzonkers says:
    Apr 14, 2017 10:13 AM

It’s the offseason, and Green Bay is the home of off season title speak

—————————
    ———————————
    Actually, NO Viking fan has celebrated an “off season” championship.

Yet Packer fans have celebrated plenty of off season championships:

1. Signing of Bennett.
    2. The Break up with Munn.
    3. I believe Stellar P was bragging about how competitive the packers are. (that’s celebrating participation trophies. something packer fans ALWAYS claim as meaningless, when other fans do it)
    4. Now,…. they are celebrating the fact the Bennett and Rodgers are talking.

Packer fans lead the league in off season celebrations. EVERY YEAR.

15. stellarperformance says:
    Apr 14, 2017 3:08 PM
    cheeseisfattening says:
    Apr 14, 2017 1:12 PM

I guess that is what Rodgers meat by ‘all in’ for this coming season.
    ////////////////////////////////

—————————
    I pull up your old posts on demand from search. The Rodgers’ story was headlining on other sites yesterday but go on ahead believe it just me tracking you and him. The web is quite simple but at the same time difficult for the limited.

16. “He used to work out in Calabasas with his teammates during the offseason, but this offseason he’s chosen to work out primarily with Nick Jonas in West Hollywood”

ALL IN

“One teammate said, ‘The only time we’ve seen Aaron this offseason is on TMZ leaving Catch.”

ALL IN

17. And once again, the Vikings are scared shi-less of the Packers knowing Aaron has additional targets the Vikings defense just can’t cover. I’ll predict the Packers just walk past the Vikings in the regular season like a tune up game.
    Kinda like when the Kentucky basketball team plays N.W. Idaho State and wins 112 – 44.

Sorry Minny fans. The truth hurts, huh??