Richard Sherman’s not showing up for workouts until May

Getty Images

According to Albert Breer of TheMMQB.com, Sherman’s plan is to show up in early or mid-May, before the team starts OTAs.

Of course, that gives the team plenty of time to trade him around the draft, if that’s the way they want to handle things.

Every indication is that the Seahawks are willing to do just that, so it makes sense that Sherman stays away. If they’re not able to find an acceptable offer by then, Sherman can walk back in and everyone can go on as if nothing happened.

And since these are, we should mention, voluntary, there’s no harm in him being somewhere other than the team facility today.

51 responses to “Richard Sherman’s not showing up for workouts until May

1. Well looks like we are about to find out how good he really is. Let’s see if he can be a shutdown corner in another defense…

Survey says…No!

2. cabosan1978 says:
    Apr 18, 2017 2:07 PM
    Please don’t come to the Pack. I could never pull for this clown.
    —————————————————
    Don’t worry. If he leaves he wants to go to a contender

3. I would like to see him stay in the NFC West, ’cause I like to watch JJ Nelson run by him and score

4. What a dumpster fire this organization is. All their fans will flock to the teams they rooted for before. Remember when all those so called “fans” left at halftime in the NFC championship game? Most fair weathered “fans” in the NFL. Hope they enjoyed it. That 1 year dynasty is officially slammed shut.

5. did anyone show up though?! im pretty sure not EVERYONE showed up, where are their trade rumors? hahahhahahaha

6. cabosan1978 says:

Apr 18, 2017 2:07 PM

Please don’t come to the Pack. I could never pull for this clown.
    ——————————————————————
    You could never pull for a guy that has scared your HC and forced him to limited where his Hall of Fame to be QB threw the ball.

Some of you fan are ridiculous. I can understand if you don’t like Richard the man but there is no denying that Richard the player is still one of the best CB’s in the league. Last showing from your team, Matt Ryan was lighting up the secondary like it was the 4th of July and some how your CBs forgot to cover one of the best WR in the NFL.

7. trubroncfan07 says:

Apr 18, 2017 2:23 PM

Every fan base besides the Raiders is like I hope my team does not sign this clown.
    —————————————————————-
    Speak for yourself. I am Steelers fan and Sherman is better than an CB we currently have. Would take him in a heart beat, maybe then Tom Brady doesn’t emberass my team the next time we meet in the playoffs.

8. Why do people think the Packers are a possible landing spot for Richard Sherman? He doesn’t fit the mold of a Packer at all.. he’s a good defender.

9. therealraider says:
    Apr 18, 2017 2:33 PM
    Man it would be a good show watching Seattle implode, too bad 9-7 likely wins the division.
    ———————–
    Seattle WILL NOT go 9-7. At best, they go 6-10. One of their starters on that putrid offensive line just signed with the Niners. He started 29 games. He won’t start on the Niners, but he started for Seattle. That’s how bad their offensive line is. But don’t tell that to Seattle “fans”. If you have to pump in fake crowd noise, you’re not a legit fan base.

10. The Seahawks opened their voluntary offseason program today, and they did it without cornerback Richard Sherman.
    __________________________________________________________________________

I highlighted the key word in this post so that we could put some perspective on it. Great job at wording of the headline to get me to hit the link though…

11. tjacks7 says:
    Apr 18, 2017 2:43 PM
    ———————
    He’s a good defender with safety help. Mike Evans ate him alive last year. Sherman is just an average, loud mouth, dbag.

12. niners816 says:
    Apr 18, 2017 2:23 PM

At least the Hawks have fans who actually show to the game. Levi stadium has more beer vendors on game days then fans.

13. Whats the best way for an aging and fading star to get another big contract?

Hint – acting up, and holding out isn’t the answer.

14. niners816 says:
    Apr 18, 2017 2:23 PM

—————————-
    Are you talking about the NFCCG where the Seahawks beat your 40whiners, or when we beat Green Bay the following year to go to the Superbowl for the second straight year. If it’s the latter of the two you should go back and watch that game and look at the stands in the third quarter and in OT. Looked to me that it was still not an empty seat in the house….But whatever man have fun with Gilliam starting as your best offensive lineman. Love how 40Whiner fans say we won’t win the division or go over .500. It’s been since 2009 since we lost more than 9 games. Been a few months since Colin accomplished that for you guys…

15. Unfortunately, the coaches – who failed the players and fans the past couple of years with terrible play calling and coaching I- especially in the red zone and 2 minute offense – are showing up today, probably with the same schemes that didn’t work.

Talk of “the dynasty” is over; and I wouldn’t be surprised if Sherman has indicated to Seahawks management that he will not re-sign under the same coaching regime.

16. God know my Saints need all the secondary help we can get. But I’m glad we’re not looking at this clown for help. I’m sure most coaches and GMs have looked at the tape and see he’s a product of the pass rush and Earl Thomas III.

17. Are they even allowed to have workouts with all the rule violations they’ve had recently?

18. Sherman is hard to stomach -even as a Hawk fan for me . I get it that he isn’t popular with other fan bases. But if he gets traded to me it puts the Hawks ceiling at about 10-6. With him maybe 12-4 or hopefully better
    Hope he puts a sock in it this year.
    niners2-14 , I notice u post a lot about Seattle demise coming 🙂 if he does get traded it opens window for NFC west for sure for everyone.
    Hang in there

19. News flash: nobody wants him, unless they only have to give up a fifth rounder or a lower pick.

20. What’s this, now, about fair weather Hawks fans? Imported fake noise? Haters gonna hate. I guess.

Well, back to ON TOPIC, he’s a good CB who (I speculate) is dissatisfied with his recent role in Seattle’s defense, & wants more spotlight for his final years in the NFL. So, okay. If someone is willing to pay him to play, then Hawks will benefit, too, come draft day. If not, then I expect he will be less vocal & more serious next season in Seattle. Because he’s got to WANTED by SOME TEAM in order to keep making NFL $$. And Seattle is not going put up with his going rogue mouth any more. In other words, no trade = he will play better & behave better in Seattle. Trade = Seattle wins on Draft Day.

21. niners816 says:
    Apr 18, 2017 2:45 PM
    —————
    That started that was benched 3 times that the 49ers over paid 😂

22. This is all about a young man maximizing his earning potential. He can’t just shut up and let his play do the talking. Nobody knew who he was until he screamed at Erin Andrews that Crabtree was mediocre. A couple cornerbacks are making more than he is now so the only way he can make more money is to force his way out. He fancies himself as a Revis 15 mil a year type player and the reality is he’s just not. There are too many other good players on the Seahawks making him look better than he is, and he will find that out elsewhere

23. I punked Sherman a few years ago. In 2014 my buddies and I went to the women’s March Madness to watch our South Dakota Coyotes play his alma mater Stanford. After the game we were at a bar when this clown showed up acting like he owned the place. We ignored him until he came to our table and thought he was going to “whoop on everyone” for not giving him respect. Him 6’3 194 lbs. and me 6’10 280 lbs. I put him in his place very quickly. I’m just glad nobody recorded the incident to put it in the cyber world.

24. Not sure about these seahawk fans. Pack played the hawks in early December 2016. Pack crushed 38 to 10. Sherman looked old and washed up. If u want to talk about the good ole days…then go ahead.

25. Dick Sherman – as an individual player – is good, not great… playing alongside Earl Thomas, Sherman absolutely makes some great plays, but that’s only when Earl’s in the game. ET is the key to that entire defense… without him, everyone else is just good

26. LOL at the GB-troll…maybe if Sherm was on your team, Rodgers wouldn’t be afraid to throw to the right side any more.