Jamal Adams expects to go in the Top 5, pledges to be “outstanding”

Getty Images

LSU safety Jamal Adams will be at the draft tonight, but he doesn’t expect to be in the green room for long.

Adams said on PFT Live that he expects to go somewhere between the second and fifth overall picks, although he hasn’t been given any assurances.

“I really don’t know what to expect. I’m just going to be outstanding wherever I land. I’m just going to wait on that call,” Adams said.

Adams said he visited two teams with Top 5 picks, the 49ers and Jaguars, as well as the Jets, Panthers and Bengals among teams not in the Top 5 that could hope he falls to them. Expect to hear his name called within the first hour of the draft tonight.

Permalink 15 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Rumor Mill, Top Stories
15 Responses to “Jamal Adams expects to go in the Top 5, pledges to be “outstanding””
  1. bears53 says: Apr 27, 2017 8:03 AM

Either Adams or Thomas will become a Bear!

2. truninerfan49 says: Apr 27, 2017 8:54 AM

If Garrett goes #1, I think Adams to the niners is a lock

3. tiller21 says: Apr 27, 2017 8:58 AM

I’ve been forced home due to surgery this week and watched some ESPN during the day. Hoping to catch recaps of NBA playoff games, instead I seen this guy on the show 3 different times with all the talking heads. He does not seem to be very bright and his answers were poorly rehearsed and often repeated.

4. patsfan4lifesbchamps says: Apr 27, 2017 9:04 AM

Eddie Jackson will have a better pro career

5. joetoronto says: Apr 27, 2017 9:14 AM

Do any of these guys have any humility?

6. dpdonny says: Apr 27, 2017 9:16 AM

joetoronto says:
    Do any of these guys have any humility?

Great question. If not, they will learn humility when they attempt to play at the NFL level. Plenty of humble pie to go around.

7. stallan54 says: Apr 27, 2017 9:25 AM

“Do any of these guys have any humility?”

Yeah good one. Next year, the best player in the draft at his position should say something like “Whoever picks me, I’ll try as hard as I can, but I still may suck.” Horrible comment by you.

8. dude2424 says: Apr 27, 2017 10:11 AM

After watching every game he played while at LSU, I have no doubt he’ll be outstanding. The guy is an absolutely beast.

9. bert1913 says: Apr 27, 2017 10:14 AM

Everyone has a plan, until they get hit in the mouth really hard

10. nyneal says: Apr 27, 2017 10:28 AM

There is only one thing I am 100% positive about in this draft. There will be more black players drafted than white players.
    I would love to see a study done as to why blacks are so superior to whites in sports involving speed. I am serious about this. I love to watch track and field events and I marvel at how great black runners are. They dominate track events whether it’s men or women.
    I watched a mens 100 meter race recently and there was not one white guy even in the event. It seems the whites can only compete in the long distance events.
    Does anyone have an opinion of why blacks dominate sports which involve speed as they do?
    Jimmy The Greek offered his opinion on that many years ago and it got him fired. I am being very serious when I ask the question. If there are any doctors or anthropologists reading this, please give me your opinion. It fascinates me how this is so true, and I would love to see an extensive study to research this and find the answers.

11. factschecker says: Apr 27, 2017 10:42 AM

“Whoever picks me, I’ll try as hard as I can, but I still may suck.”
    ——–
    Whoever picks me, I’ll try as hard as I can, and I’ll do my best. (Or I’ll give it my all.)

If you have to go to the extreme (I still may suck) to make a point then you really never had a point to begin with.

12. edavidberg says: Apr 27, 2017 10:59 AM

Heard on Chicago radio today that Adams has the personality that can change the culture in your locker room. That I think in part explains why he is so high on teams’ draft boards.

It also makes me think SF would love to have him on board. And Chicago as well.

13. stallan54 says: Apr 27, 2017 11:31 AM

I was a 12th round selection in MLB. Your agent always tells you to be yourself and be confident. If you don’t have 100% confidence in your ability, you ain’t a prospect. Pro teams have a massive file on players that allow them to evaluate demeanor. If you give 110% effort on the field and aren’t a screw-up off the field, you can make all sorts of confident remarks. Teams know who you are already. Jamal Adams is a phenom. This comment doesn’t hurt him one bit and he doesn’t give a crap what PFT message boards think.

14. dimbee says: Apr 27, 2017 12:48 PM

Please, Chicago, draft this man!!

15. dreadnok89 says: Apr 27, 2017 2:18 PM

I wish the cowboys got this guy. Hes great