Marshon Lattimore on inexperience concerns: I’m only going to get better

Getty Images

Ohio State cornerback Marshon Lattimore has been a staple in the top end of mock drafts over the last few months and he will be in Philadelphia on Thursday night with the expectation that his name will be among the first called by NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell.

If Lattimore does go any later than expected, two of the possible reasons why will likely be his injury history from college and resulting inexperience. Lattimore played in just 16 games, 13 of them last year, during his time in Columbus because of hamstring injuries.

Lattimore said Wednesday that his hamstrings are “fine” and that teams will regret passing on him for either reason over the long run.

“I’m only going to get better,” Lattimore said, via NJ.com. “I’m not even in my prime yet. I showed [last season] that I can play, and people saw that. But with the body of work, man, I feel like I did a lot to contribute to my team. If people want to drop me because of that, too, it’s fine with me.”

It doesn’t seem like too many teams haveĀ dropped Lattimore too far down their boards, but we’ll find out for sure sooner rather than later.

Permalink 6 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, Rumor Mill
6 Responses to “Marshon Lattimore on inexperience concerns: I’m only going to get better”
  1. MichaelEdits says: Apr 27, 2017 12:09 PM

My inexperience could also be a factor in the draft. I’ve played in 0 games.

2. aj66shanghai says: Apr 27, 2017 12:14 PM

It is interesting how these young guys perceive themselves and how they see the world as seeing them.

All he has to say is how hard he will work and how excited to meet his new team, and live in a new city. Nothing he has to say about his injuries or his future career will have the least effect on what teams think of him, at least not positively.

3. steviaquinn says: Apr 27, 2017 12:36 PM

inexperience doesnt matter.Just think, If the Cowboys draft him, he”l immediately be the next Deion Sanders and first ballot hall of famer before preseason even starts.

4. dallasbeast says: Apr 27, 2017 12:42 PM

Honest question- Why would anybody take this guy in the Top 10 when this is one of the deepest CB drafts in years?

5. 4evrnyt says: Apr 27, 2017 12:43 PM

Lattimores biggest red flag can be summed up in two words; ham, string.

6. shaggytoodle says: Apr 27, 2017 3:16 PM

One of his strengths was using his good speed to recover after getting out of position, in the NFL its MUCH harder to do that, which is why I would be worried, about him,