Jourdan Lewis: I’m completely innocent of domestic violence charge

Getty Images

The Cowboys picked up three cornerbacks during the draft, including Michigan’s Jourdan Lewis with the 92nd overall pick.

Lewis is facing a July trial on a domestic violence charge stemming from a March incident in Ann Arbor. Lewis is accused of dragging his girlfriend across a room by the neck and holding her down on the floor during an argument and has been charged with a misdemeanor.

Lewis plead not guilty and said he was confident that the matter will be resolved in his favor.

“I completely think that all charges will be dropped and I think I will be exonerated from everything,” Lewis said, via ESPN.com. “I’m completely innocent. I believe that wholeheartedly. And I’m just going to have to see what happens in my next trial date.”

Executive vice president Stephen Jones said the team had their general counsel Jason Counts involved in the investigation into Lewis’ case and they had an in-house reference on Lewis in safeties coach Greg Jackson, who was Michigan’s defensive backs coach in 2015.

Lewis will not face league discipline as the Personal Conduct Policy does not apply to players before they are drafted.

Permalink 13 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Dallas Cowboys, Home, Rumor Mill
13 Responses to “Jourdan Lewis: I’m completely innocent of domestic violence charge”
  1. beauregard says: Apr 29, 2017 7:01 PM

It would help a lot if there was no video……

2. yaaaaaaay says: Apr 29, 2017 7:24 PM

It’s disgusting that animals like this are given guaranteed contracts. They’ll never learn if they’re allowed to go on without punishment. The NFL is a cess pool of violent criminals with fans and owners turning the other cheek if it means their team might benefit in a miniscule way. Leave these hood ornaments where they came from and draft men with social standards

3. dapell says: Apr 29, 2017 7:32 PM

This one really sounds like a girlfriend making stuff up to try to get back at him for dumping her right before he became a pro. Police on the scene found no marks or evidence on her body. He’s reportedly the one who looked like he’d been attacked, which is consistent with his story.

4. jimnaizeeum says: Apr 29, 2017 8:02 PM

They think he’s a leader.

5. jimnaizeeum says: Apr 29, 2017 8:02 PM

Like Hardy

6. platinumraider32 says: Apr 29, 2017 8:08 PM

Unlike the Raiders pick, he’s actually been “charged”.

Welcome the NFL Jourdan Lewis…..proceed with caution!!!!!

And the Raiders took a gamble on a player that has yet to be charged with a crime!…………………….lmao!!!!

Meanwhile, Randy Gregory got his signing bonus and said “My work is done here”…. a la “Jamarcus Russell”!!!!!!!

7. whenwilliteverend says: Apr 29, 2017 8:41 PM

The court may decide differently. Al Capone thought he was innocent too.

8. mongo3401 says: Apr 29, 2017 9:11 PM

I am just going to have to see what happens in my next trial date ?
    That says it all. He has no clue of the outcome.

9. honalulublue says: Apr 29, 2017 9:37 PM

Not all violence against women is abuse, or even necessarily bad. There are some violent women out there too. So you just can’t assume the guy is at fault in a lot of these cases.

10. 1bigtex says: Apr 29, 2017 9:53 PM

platinumraider32 says:
    Apr 29, 2017 8:08 PM
    Unlike the Raiders pick, he’s actually been “charged”.
    Welcome the NFL Jourdan Lewis…..proceed with caution!!!!!
    __________________________________
    Except Gregory was a late second while Russell was a Number 1 overall who set his team back years.

11. Seth Rogen's Colon says: Apr 30, 2017 5:23 AM

guilty as charged

12. suncawy says: Apr 30, 2017 9:40 AM

If players are exempt from the conduct policy, why is Ezekiel Elliot’s case still being investigated because it happened before he got drafted ? This doesn’t make any sense at all.

13. gmemm says: May 1, 2017 12:38 AM

I dont like the words he used ” i believe” i think ” not the words of a innocent man