Court releases Aaron Hernandez’s suicide note to his fiancée

AP

Former Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez left multiple notes before committing suicide last month. Via ESPN.com, a Massachusetts court released the note left for his fiancée, Shayanna Jenkins-Hernandez.

“Shay, you have always been my soul-mate and i want you to live life and know I’m always with you,” Hernandez wrote in the note to Jenkins-Hernandez. “I told you what was coming indirectly! I love you so much and know you are an angel — literally! We split into two to come change the world! . . . I love you! Let [redacted] know how much I love her! Look after [redacted] and [redacted] for me — those are my boys. (YOU’RE RICH).”

Hernandez reportedly left two other notes, neither of which have been released. The note to Jenkins-Hernandez was released in response to a request for public records.

Hernandez had been serving a life sentence for the 2013 murder of Odin Lloyd. Only five days before Hernandez killed himself, he had been acquitted of a double murder from July 2012 in Boston. His lawyer, Jose Baez, had expressed confidence regarding the ability to overturn the Lloyd conviction and win an acquittal during a retrial.

36 responses to “Court releases Aaron Hernandez’s suicide note to his fiancée

1. Why are these notes being released by the court? The contents are none of anyone’s business except for the intended recipient. A suicide note is not meant for public consumption.

2. “(YOU’RE RICH)”

And boom go all the conspiracy theorists heads. Sounds like he also made old Jose’s life a little harder putting the state on the hook. He killed himself to get his conviction overturned so she would get his contractually withheld money. You left out the best part though Florio, Hernandez closed with “I Knew I loved You = Savage Garden.” That’s some tune for a Blood to close out his life with.
    Shakespeare said it best:
    “Nothing in his life became him like the leaving it”

3. BIGGSHAUN says:
    May 5, 2017 6:53 PM
    Whoever made the public records request is sick.
    =======================

Had you followed the link you would have found it was the Associated Press. His suicide and it’s ramifications are newsworthy, and news is their business

4. thegreatgabbert says:
    May 5, 2017 6:54 PM
    Hernandez has more courage and class than 50% of the players in the league today, and about 90% of those living off it in other fashions.
    ———-
    It doesn’t take courage to kill or commit suicide. It takes a gutless coward to do both. You reap what you sow.

5. Having clicked on the link and seen the note, I am surprised by his neat handwriting and getting the whole “you’re/your” thing right.

6. thegreatgabbert says:
    I happily go in a cell with any (or all) of the heroes making the first three comments. It won’t take long.

What does that mean Mary?

7. Associated Press couldn’t be bothered with Hillary’s emails or the rumors about her health for over a year, but is on these suicide notes like a dog on stink. Typical.

8. thegreatgabbert says:
    May 5, 2017 6:57 PM

thegreatgabbert says:
    May 5, 2017 6:54 PM
    ________________________

Okay there internet tough guy. The first three comments were moronic but yours are flat out ignorant. What part of luring his fiancee’s sister’s boyfriend to his death and pumping 6 caps into him was classy? Or was it the courageous round he stylishly put into Bradley’s face that made you all tingly? You seem to be taking this very personally. Were the 2 of you dating long?

9. Figured this was done for money, but it’s still sad. Does the fiancée get all of the 40 million?

10. Anyone with or without a medical degree should understand, Aaron had mental health issues. Before people slam me, I know he was guilty of count he was charged with. I feel bad for all the families involved.

11. This is a guy who shot at least two people and was apparently a gang member… Why do people think that the only money this guy could have left is what the Patriots paid him? He could easily have a lot of money from illegal activity hidden somewhere that the world will never know about.

12. Hernandez was a bad guy. I believe he hanged himself, but I really couldn’t care less if someone else did it. He got what he deserved and I am just glad the taxpayers will not have to pay for his room and board for many years.
    In this country we waste so much time, energy, and money on bad guys. Hernandez is dead and it’s time to shut the door on him and forget he ever existed.

13. thegreatgabbert says:

================================

I’ll be your Huckleberry, tough guy. Rangers Lead The Way.

14. Why are these notes being released by the court? The contents are none of anyone’s business except for the intended recipient. A suicide note is not meant for public consumption.
    —————————————————-
    Dude’s a freak, this is a freak show. Save your compassion for someone worthy.

15. Paid more taxes in his life than almost all of you and then saved the State from wasting that money all away by keeping him alive in jail.

There are worse people.

16. tjacks7 says:
    May 5, 2017 10:51 PM

___________________

Exactly. Why else would he say “YOU’RE RICH” in the suicide note? There is probably a boatload of cash under “Shay’s” very expensive mattress and a bunch more in her Prada hand bag. I have sympathy for the little girl and his victims,but none for a woman who is knowingly in a relationship with a member of the “Bloods”. She knew exactly what she was involved with.

17. I don’t know about u guys but i find this a tad inappropriate releasing this to the public. It’s a family matter we the public has no business seeing these kinds of things.

18. Della Street says:
    May 5, 2017 8:14 PM
    ———————–
    Your boss Perry Mason would tell you, that’s because he didn’t write the note. The notes are a ruse to distract the public from the idea that someone else put the noose around Hernandez’s neck. Someone of authority that didn’t like the idea that he was literally getting away with murder.

To those bastions of morality saying that if someone did kill him, well that’s OK with you, because after all, he was a “bad guy” that (probably) killed a couple of other gangstas he was rollin’ with. You are advocating cold blooded murder in revenge? How does that make you any better than what you accuse him of?

19. fjw2 says:
    May 8, 2017 9:41 AM

======================

Independent expert analysis confirmed it was his handwriting and the family has not disputed it. The door track to his cell was jammed with cardboard from the inside and there was no sign of a struggle. There is continuous video of the cell block showing Hernandez entering his cell alone and no one else entering until the CO’s went in at 03:05. Try to leave some tinfoil for the other kids