Eddie Lacy’s garage sale finally happens

Getty Images

It was postponed for a few weeks due to travel issues, but the Eddie Lacy garage sale finally happened. And the two-day event ended up being a one-day occasion, given that the merchandise moved faster than expected.

Via Richard Ryman of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, Lacy sold cleats, T-shirts (include a couple of Vikings shirts possibly from his free-agent visit there), hats, used video games, cans of soup, lamps, and dishes.

Lacy didn’t personally attend, which makes little sense because the prior postponement happened because he had travel issues and couldn’t personally attend.

Lacy signed with the Seahawks after spending his first four years in the NFL with the Packers. He’ll be back in Green Bay for Week One, when his new team takes on his old team.

40 responses to “Eddie Lacy’s garage sale finally happens

1. And you sold Vikings T-shirts, which I’m assuming the Vikes gave you when you visited them in FA.

Classy, Eddie.

You know, as a Packer fan, I rooted for you for 4 years. Even when it got ridiculous by 2016. You never have taken responsibility for the continuing weight issues. You could be an all time great, but you don’t care enough. Pathetic. GB will be ok with Ty and the rookies, and keeping tabs on your China Food intake will not longer be an issue.

I’m glad you are someone else’s problem now.

2. You forgot to include the fact that the money raised from his items is going to charity which is pretty awesome.

3. I just think it’s funny how some people write here in the comment section as if they’re writing a personal letter to the player as if they’re actually gonna read this stuff.

4. I like the signing. 250lbs?
    I see him as an extra guard in play action.

Prosise and rawls are way faster.

5. My guess is he sold his soup because he didn’t want to move it. Generally when I move I donate the non perishables. So nice the proceeds of this sale went to charity, its equivalent.

6. Speildolt pulled his head out from under the lid of the dumpster at Lambeau long enough to swing by and maybe buy an old used jock of Eddie’s to smell on his way back to minisoda later on.

7. This could be the beginning of something big. Garage Sale Talk by Florio and his entourage. You’ll have all of your readers on the edge of their seats with all of the latest information on where to get old, leaky coffee pots, lawnmowers that don’t run, other people’s clothes and many other valuable items that folks just can’t do without.
    Come on Mike, give the people what they want!

8. remember when turd nation said he would be the best RB of all time! I think those high class fake stock holders owe us an apology!

9. bird2urmother says:
    May 7, 2017 2:10 PM
    —————————
    In the narcissistic society of the modern day athlete, where players will get into silly squabbles with ordinary fans on Twitter and the like, do you really find it that far fetched?

10. ariani1985 says:
    May 7, 2017 2:48 PM
    ——————————-
    Please show me the posts.
    Wait, check that.
    Forget the entirety of Packer Nation, show me one single post of a fan seriously proclaiming him to be the best RB of all time.
    One.
    Otherwise I’ll expect your apology for another made up statement/complete lie.
    I’ll wait.

11. zerotrophiessince1961 says:
    May 7, 2017 1:45 PM

Classy, Eddie

——————-

I’m failing to see how this is an unclassy move. They’re his shirts, not family heirlooms.

12. Wonder how much the “game-used” gear went for?

If it was Elie, it all would have been “game-used”….
    Trust me! I’m Elie…aw shucks

13. Hey, it was for charity – why trash him for that? I bet those Vikings T-Shirts went for the highest price.

14. So someone bought the same Jenga game twice?

How much does someone spend on a game that they once owned? How did they know it was the same game? Did it still have the Happy Birthday sticker on it from Aunt Edna?

15. purpleguy says:
    May 7, 2017 6:30 PM
    ————————
    We honestly don’t pay that much for kindling.

16. “All Eyez On Me” in theaters june 16 2017 says:
    May 7, 2017 1:46 PM
    I would have went but I live in Lancaster Pa, thanks for letting me know tho!!!

_________________________________________

You should have “went” to English class.

17. Word out of Seattle is Lacy is working with a personal team trainer and nutritionist. So we will see……

18. wafflestomp says:
    May 7, 2017 3:39 PM
    ariani1985 says:
    May 7, 2017 2:48 PM
    ——————————-
    Please show me the posts.
    Wait, check that.
    One.
    Otherwise I’ll expect your apology for another made up statement/complete lie.
    I’ll wait.
    ———–
    wafflestomp says:
    May 30, 2013 7:59 PM
    Eddie Lacy will be the best running back of all time

19. pkrh8tr says:
    May 7, 2017 8:40 PM
    wafflestomp says:
    May 7, 2017 3:39 PM
    ariani1985 says:
    May 7, 2017 2:48 PM
    ——————————-
    Please show me the posts.
    Wait, check that.
    One.
    Otherwise I’ll expect your apology for another made up statement/complete lie.
    I’ll wait.
    ———–
    wafflestomp says:
    May 30, 2013 7:59 PM
    Eddie Lacy will be the best running back of all time
    ———————
    Nice try, but it didn’t happen.
    Link the story next time, genius.
    Can you Barneys ever be honest or truthful?

20. “One customer who played Jenga with Lacy on a Packers-sponsored vacation and eventually gave him the game saw the game for sale and bought it back.”

I feel like I’m reading The Onion.

21. Eddie Lacey sounds like a great guy. He supported the local charity with his garage sale. Good luck in Seattle Eddie. The Vikings stuff probably gain the most money in the garage sale too.

22. Just like Lynch soared as a Seahawk, so will Lacy. He was obviously not coached well in Green bay. He will come to Seattle and be a part of a family. We are excited to see him play and get the respect he deserves! I can tell from these horrible Green Bay fan comments that they hated on him from the beginning. Things are about to change for the better for Lacy and I can’t wait!