Packers sign five, cut two after rookie minicamp

The Packers have made some changes to their roster after holding their rookie minicamp over the weekend.

The team announced five new additions to the roster on Monday. All five took part in the minicamp as tryout players.

They signed a pair of linebackers — Josh Letuligasenoa, who played at Cal Poly, and David Talley, who started every game at Grand Valley State the last two years — and a pair of defensive backs. Cornerback Raysean Pringle is making a position change after playing running back and wide receiver at Southern Utah while Aaron Taylor played safety at Ball State as well.

The Packers, who drafted three running backs, also signed Virginia Union running William Stanback.

Wide receiver Antwan Goodley and long snapper Taybor Pepper were let go to leave the Packers at the 90-man roster limit.

21 responses to “Packers sign five, cut two after rookie minicamp

1. Great pic!! It’s like the headless horseman and a great analogy of their defense!! Well done Josh!! Well done!!!

2. In all fairness, for those players it’s more of a blessing than it is a tragedy to be cut by the Packers.

3. Shortly afterward Antwan Goodley was offered a contract by the Minnesota Vikings. He declined it, saying this, and I quote: “If I can’t play for an NFL team, I don’t want to play football.”

4. I love it when my Packers trap players into staying in Green Bay, a personal strategy of mine that has worked well for my ‘purposes’.

5. The Packers are 12-3 against my Vikings over the past 7 seasons but I’m going to keep banging the “horrible defense” drum which doesn’t exactly bode well for my own team.

6. The Vikings have lost more games in the playoffs than any other team in NFL history
    Just saying

7. Wisconsin’s Favorite Son Jeffrey Be Dahmed says:
    May 8, 2017 6:54 PM
    ===================================
    I didn’t get the joke at first and then I saw your name- absolute comedy gold! My abs are killing me from the laughter!

8. Susan Imbriale says:

**********************

Susan

A simple fact – you need to make the playoffs in order to have a playoff loss.

The Vikings didn’t take from the late 60’s through the early 90’s off from the playoffs like your Packers did for the most part.

The Packers made one playoff game at the end of a full regulation season during that time period – and didn’t even score a TD.

No team in our division has been more consistent in making the playoffs than the Vikings.

Just sayin’…

9. gtodriver says:
    A simple fact – you need to make the playoffs in order to have a playoff loss.

Just sayin’…

********************************************

Super Bowl wins

Packers 4
    Vikings 0

You can have the consistency. We’ll take the Super Bowl wins.

Just sayin.

10. To put the Vikings’ playoff loss record into perspective, no one does so little with so much opportunity.

The Vikings’ are 26th in the NFL in playoff win percentage. They rest at the bottom of the playoff win percentage pile with teams such as Cincinnati, Detroit, and Cleveland.

The Vikings once consistently made the playoffs, and then consistently blew it, as evidenced by the fact that they have more “one-and-dones” than any other playoff team.

And even after winning an NFL Championship in the pre-merger area (the equivalent of today’s NFC Championship), football’s perennial bridesmaids tarnished that by blowing a Super Bowl.

Fast fact: NFL HOF QB Fran Tarkenton once had a 14.1 rating in a Super Bowl game- and he did have his cleats on the correct feet.

11. gtodriver says:
    May 9, 2017 5:16 AM
    ///////////////////////////////////////////////

“There is no vessel built larger, stronger, or faster than the Titanic.”

-Captain Edward J. Smith

12. No team in our division has been more consistent after making the playoffs than the Packers.

13. stellarperformance says:
    May 9, 2017 4:15 PM
    /////////////////////////////////

I take back what I said.

It should read: No team in our division has been more consistent after making the playoffs than the Vikings.

It’s true. They have gone one-and-done after making the playoffs more often than any other team in the history of the NFL.

That is what you call consistency.

14. gtodriver says:
    May 9, 2017 5:16 AM
    //////////////////////////////////////

Think about it. It goes hand-in-hand with the Dark Years of the Packers. OF COURSE they made the playoffs a lot. Any team was capable if you took the Packers out of the equation.

The bigger question is not how often, but what did they do after they got there?

15. For once I’d like to read a pft article about the pack without the comments inevitably steering towards the Vikings. The exact same thing happens on bengal stories – they always end up talking about the Steelers. Too bad there’s not an insecurity test for commenters.