Bengals’ Adam Jones goes off on 911 operator after fender bender

Getty Images

Bengals cornerback Adam Jones went off on a 911 operator after getting into a minor traffic accident on Tuesday.

The cornerback known as Pacman called 911 when he and another driver had a collision that police described as “very minor.” Neither driver was ticketed, but Jones was unhappy that the 911 dispatcher wasn’t able to help him.

Asked the address of the emergency, Jones was only able to give the operator the name of the street he was on, not the address. As the operator reiterated that she needed a specific location, Jones got upset.

“Will you stop f–king yelling at me? I just got into a wreck. I’m kind of shook up. I’m trying to find where the f–k I’m at. Good God almighty,” Jones told the operator.

When the operator asked what kind of vehicle was involved, Jones answered, “A f–kin Rolls Royce.” The operator thought he might have been sarcastic, so she asked, “Is that really the type of vehicle that’s involved?”

“Yes! It is!” Jones yelled in response.

Jones also shared an expletive-laden video on social media in which he blamed the other driver for the crash. He also said in that video that he’s been going to anger management counseling, which is why he didn’t smack the other driver.

77 responses to “Bengals’ Adam Jones goes off on 911 operator after fender bender

1. LOL…If this is the result of anger management classes then he may as well stop going

2. This is hilarious. Adam Jones will forever be sooo ghetto. You can’t take the hood outta Pacman.

3. I’m not a fan of Pacman, but his response seems pretty reasonable.

An exact address? Imagine if somebody was bleeding to death in a wreck and “4th street about three blocks beyond Willow [note — made up address]” should be enough to get police and an ambulance. The idea that an exact address is necessary is pretty insane.

And giving a guy attitude because of his car?

The 911 operator needs to be fired.

4. I hate Pacman, but I’m with him 100% here. I once broke down on Interstate 95 south. I was between two exits, so when I called 911 for assistance, they asked me for my address. I told them I was not at a specific address but between exit X and Y. The operator hung up on me. I called back three times and the operator hung up each time because I could not provide her with an address. Bull hockey

5. Wolfgang
    ________________

I hope you’re being sarcastic. He didn’t give anything other than a street name and no one was “bleeding to death”. It was a minor traffic accident.

The question we ought to be asking is why did he over react?

6. redclaw1314 says:
    May 10, 2017 6:32 PM

Mixon, Pacman, and Burfict—–what’s wrong with that picture?
    _________________________________

This just in… the Bengals have acquired Frank Clark from the Seahawks and signed free agents Greg Hardy, Ray Rice, and Josh Brown.

7. Remember guys, he doesn’t want to be known as “Pacman” anymore…
    he’s graduated to “Resident Evil”

8. That’s some real grace under pressure there. This is how shook up he gets with a “very minor” traffic accident? I’d hate to see how he reacts to playing in a Super Bowl, although I guess we don’t have to worry about that.

9. This guy is a serious a-hole, no surprise there. I just don’t understand why they keep him around. If you’ve ever worked with a dude like this, you know they poison the environment for everyone. You deal with it when it’s a Randy Moss level talent, but not for a guy like this. That must be some kind of crappy locker room with Jones and Burfict stinking it up.

10. I want Pacman off the team as much as the next guy but that was actually more funny then anything else.

Like in a Samuel L Jackson snakes on the plane way.

11. So people want to knock down the operator because she acted sarcastic? Probably because he dropped an F bomb to start.

And the irony of s man who was partially responsible for someone being paralyzed feeling shook up over a minor accident.

12. You just don’t mess with a guy’s Rolls-Royce. You just don’t do it. ( or in my case a 2005 Ford 500.)

13. Oh, how I wish Gary Burbank’s “All My Bengals” was still on WLW radio at times like this.

14. what kind of organization keeps players like this?

Even if you want to excuse the off-field stuff, his melt down with Burfict at the end of the Steeler playoff game a couple years ago demonstrated that they’ll never win with him.

15. How long do you think he will keep that Rolls Royce? He will have to sell it when his final NFL contract expires.

A tune up on that car will cost him more than a new Ford pickup will cost him.

I’ll bet he’s already living on a month to month basis. When the checks quit coming he will need to start selling everything.😖

16. bobthebillsfan says:
    May 10, 2017 6:11 PM
    I’ll bet 100 to one that this guy ends up behind bars some day.

Any takers?
    =======================

With those odds I’d take it for $10. There’s probably better than a 1 in a 100 chance he ends up face down somewhere for failing to control that temper while dealing with the wrong person. I’m also willing to bet his anger management counseling ticks him off

17. dadsource says:
    May 10, 2017 6:29 PM
    ___________________________

Maybe the operator kept hanging up on you because 911 isn’t a f’in tow service.

Jackhole

18. Bengals fan here. Bengals ownership disgusts me with the fact that this man is afforded the opportunity to earn millions of dollars while being a grade A piece of human dung. This guy belongs in prison, not playing football for millions of dollars already. Cut him already so he can finally get what he deserves and has coming to him.

19. Although he’s generally an idiot, I find it hypocritical AF that everyone is blasting Pacman for this… Dude was just in an accident… Someone hit his Rolls Royce… You mean to tell me all you people wouldn’t be pissed off if someone hit your $100k car?!?! Sure.

Was he an a-hole? Yes. Would I be an a-hole in a similar situation? I dunno, probably… And so would most of the people commenting on here. It’s a pretty normal reaction.

Again, he’s an idiot, and I would LOVE for the Bengals to move on… But come on, this is maybe the most normal thing he’s done.

20. I remember when pacman was drafted by the Titans. He could have been a HOF player, but his decision making is broken. Jones will never be a contender for the HOF and is very lucky he still has a job in the NFL.

21. Those air bags are sweet! They’re like extra chic decor. Embroidery on em even!

22. When will these rich folks realize that a Rolls is a passenger’s car. Meaning it is built around the passenger in the rear, not the driver. Your chauffeur should be driving.

23. The dispatcher was not sarcastic; she asked if Jones was when he responded that his car is a Rolls Royce, prefacing it with an f-bomb.

A logical inference, considering how few actually own them, and that most references she hears on the job probably are sarcasm, especially when responding in that tone and language.

24. Strange, I am not a Pacman fan, but I listened to the 911 call and he seemed pretty tame until she jumped down his throat for an exact location off the 125. He might of used profane language, but that’s probably his everyday rhetoric. Pacman has the media as his biggest enemy and that’s a bad sector not to have on your side.

25. FinFan68 says:
    May 10, 2017 5:55 PM

——————————————

…or maybe if he wasn’t going to those classes the headline would have read “NFL player shoots other driver after minor accident”

26. Lolololol

I hope this guy never retires. Thank you. Marvin Lewis, for not administering any sort of discipline on clowns like this. I would be so disappointed to be deprived of the opportunity to laugh at your team & city year after year…

Mr Brown, please extend Coach Lewis’ contract ASAP

27. Jones is a typical of many players in the NFL. He can’t say a sentence without using profanity and he thinks the whole world owes him a living.

The 9-1-1 operator should have hung up on him as soon as he starting using profanity.

Someone above said they’ll bet Jones will end up in prison. I agree. He should be there already.

28. redclaw1314 says:
    May 10, 2017 6:32 PM
    Mixon, Pacman, and Burfict—–what’s wrong with that picture?

The ONLY thing wrong with that picture is one needs to be cut (Pacman) and one never gets into trouble off the field… So, you failed, sorry.

I find it hilarious that people try to lump Burfict in with actual troublemakers, hahaha.

29. samoanjungle says:
    “As a Bengals fan, I am tired of this guy. He has the personality of a punk teenager.”

An insult to punk teenagers everywhere!

30. Even Jerry Jones released this sorry excuse. He has everything going for him and doesn’t realize it. Check his history. It’s even worse that this.

31. Everyone knows how to deal with a fender bender. If that task is too great or you don’t have the sense to handle it might be why he has to go to anger management. Everything that big a task to him? Cash don’t buy common sense. Suck it up. It’s just a car and it happens.

32. I think a lot of folks on here love to hate.

If you’ve ever been in a car accident, I’m sure you are aware that they are stressful, regardless of the severity, and most of us respond a bit more aggressively when under duress.

I’m not going to blame the operator, but it sounds like a silly policy to require an exact address, as car accidents often happen without a street address.

33. Let me translate 90% of the posts here:

“This ugly little porch monkey isn’t a good enough player any more to let him get away with acting in any way I perceive as ‘black’, which is just any behavior I don’t like really.”

You guys make me want to vomit. The worst part is that most of you have innocent kids that will grow up to be ignorant a__holes as well.

34. Early prediction:

Pacman and Marvin on the same bus out of town before 2018 season.

35. So get up get, get get down
    911 is a joke in yo town
    Get up, get, get, get down
    Late 911 wears the late crown

So get up get, get get down
    911 is a joke in yo town
    Get up, get, get, get down
    Late 911 wears the late crown

This guy and Mixon are going to be a fun train wreck to watch.

36. Sad thing is he’s the best DB the bengals have.

aj66shanghai, unless I missed it, you’re the only one who’s bringing race into this discussion. You know it’s possible for someone to be an a-hole even if they’re pink, green, (list any color you want). It’s hilarious you’re worrying about other people’s kids being ignorant.

37. redclaw1314 says:
    May 10, 2017 6:32 PM

Mixon, Pacman, and Burfict—–what’s wrong with that picture?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

That’s the start of a good joke!

Mixon, Pacman, and Burfict walk into a bar…

38. dadsource says:
    May 10, 2017 6:29 PM

You called 911 because your car broke down? Were you or a passenger in need of emergency services? Its no wonder they hung up on you multiple times.