Bengals’ Adam Jones goes off on 911 operator after fender bender

Getty Images

Bengals cornerback Adam Jones went off on a 911 operator after getting into a minor traffic accident on Tuesday.

The cornerback known as Pacman called 911 when he and another driver had a collision that police described as “very minor.” Neither driver was ticketed, but Jones was unhappy that the 911 dispatcher wasn’t able to help him.

Asked the address of the emergency, Jones was only able to give the operator the name of the street he was on, not the address. As the operator reiterated that she needed a specific location, Jones got upset.

“Will you stop f–king yelling at me? I just got into a wreck. I’m kind of shook up. I’m trying to find where the f–k I’m at. Good God almighty,” Jones told the operator.

When the operator asked what kind of vehicle was involved, Jones answered, “A f–kin Rolls Royce.” The operator thought he might have been sarcastic, so she asked, “Is that really the type of vehicle that’s involved?”

“Yes! It is!” Jones yelled in response.

Jones also shared an expletive-laden video on social media in which he blamed the other driver for the crash. He also said in that video that he’s been going to anger management counseling, which is why he didn’t smack the other driver.

Permalink 77 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Cincinnati Bengals, Home, Rumor Mill
77 Responses to “Bengals’ Adam Jones goes off on 911 operator after fender bender”
  1. magnumpimustache says: May 10, 2017 5:51 PM

when keeping it real goes wrong.

– Stay true to yourself….

Sincerely

OJ Simpson

2. FinFan68 says: May 10, 2017 5:55 PM

LOL…If this is the result of anger management classes then he may as well stop going

3. noose18 says: May 10, 2017 5:58 PM

Can we forget about this guy? Seriously, adjust to society already Pac.

4. knowspinzone says: May 10, 2017 5:58 PM

I think he should get a refund from that anger management counseling company. It ain’t f’ing working for him.

5. LionsPride69 says: May 10, 2017 5:59 PM

Pacman, those anger management classes are really paying off. Next up English 101.

6. bleedingfacemask says: May 10, 2017 6:02 PM

Does Pacman’s secondary car have a license plate frame that reads, “My other car is a Rolls Royce”?

7. IMHIM says: May 10, 2017 6:06 PM

This is hilarious. Adam Jones will forever be sooo ghetto. You can’t take the hood outta Pacman.

8. thegreatgabbert says: May 10, 2017 6:07 PM

“Whaddya mean, am I serious? You are the f__ing hoax, 911, everyone know that!”.

9. greg3117 says: May 10, 2017 6:10 PM

Out of control kid in a man’s body!

10. samoanjungle says: May 10, 2017 6:11 PM

11. bobthebillsfan says: May 10, 2017 6:11 PM

I’ll bet 100 to one that this guy ends up behind bars some day.

Any takers?

12. officialgame says: May 10, 2017 6:14 PM

No wonder why this team under achieves and can’t win a playoff game. Now they have Mixon coming in to the fold. Good luck, not.

13. realfootballfan says: May 10, 2017 6:16 PM

You have to admit this is amusing if you’re not depending on this guy to win you games, lol.

14. wolfgangvomframps says: May 10, 2017 6:21 PM

I’m not a fan of Pacman, but his response seems pretty reasonable.

An exact address? Imagine if somebody was bleeding to death in a wreck and “4th street about three blocks beyond Willow [note — made up address]” should be enough to get police and an ambulance. The idea that an exact address is necessary is pretty insane.

And giving a guy attitude because of his car?

The 911 operator needs to be fired.

15. digitalsasquatch says: May 10, 2017 6:24 PM

Hey Roger? See, this is why you oughta let ’em smoke weed.

16. dadsource says: May 10, 2017 6:29 PM

I hate Pacman, but I’m with him 100% here. I once broke down on Interstate 95 south. I was between two exits, so when I called 911 for assistance, they asked me for my address. I told them I was not at a specific address but between exit X and Y. The operator hung up on me. I called back three times and the operator hung up each time because I could not provide her with an address. Bull hockey

17. redclaw1314 says: May 10, 2017 6:32 PM

Mixon, Pacman, and Burfict—–what’s wrong with that picture?

18. cacheesehead1237 says: May 10, 2017 6:35 PM

Wolfgang
    ________________

I hope you’re being sarcastic. He didn’t give anything other than a street name and no one was “bleeding to death”. It was a minor traffic accident.

The question we ought to be asking is why did he over react?

19. mysterytonite says: May 10, 2017 6:46 PM

Today’s day and age they can’t just ping the phone for location?

20. Lisa_the_Greek says: May 10, 2017 6:50 PM

redclaw1314 says:
    May 10, 2017 6:32 PM

Mixon, Pacman, and Burfict—–what’s wrong with that picture?
    _________________________________

This just in… the Bengals have acquired Frank Clark from the Seahawks and signed free agents Greg Hardy, Ray Rice, and Josh Brown.

21. casualmalexlfan says: May 10, 2017 6:50 PM

Classic Pacman.

22. lance19 says: May 10, 2017 6:51 PM

Remember guys, he doesn’t want to be known as “Pacman” anymore…
    he’s graduated to “Resident Evil”

23. dg0122 says: May 10, 2017 6:58 PM

he’s not very bright

24. smitty113 says: May 10, 2017 7:00 PM

Joe Mixons mentor – how sweet.

25. The Phantom Stranger says: May 10, 2017 7:02 PM

That’s some real grace under pressure there. This is how shook up he gets with a “very minor” traffic accident? I’d hate to see how he reacts to playing in a Super Bowl, although I guess we don’t have to worry about that.

26. theandy59 says: May 10, 2017 7:03 PM

This guy is a serious a-hole, no surprise there. I just don’t understand why they keep him around. If you’ve ever worked with a dude like this, you know they poison the environment for everyone. You deal with it when it’s a Randy Moss level talent, but not for a guy like this. That must be some kind of crappy locker room with Jones and Burfict stinking it up.

27. ajgreenhof says: May 10, 2017 7:12 PM

I want Pacman off the team as much as the next guy but that was actually more funny then anything else.

Like in a Samuel L Jackson snakes on the plane way.

28. wahoo21 says: May 10, 2017 7:21 PM

Called on a cell phone to 911 ?
    No GPS ?
    Really ?

29. onebuffalove716 says: May 10, 2017 7:23 PM

So people want to knock down the operator because she acted sarcastic? Probably because he dropped an F bomb to start.

And the irony of s man who was partially responsible for someone being paralyzed feeling shook up over a minor accident.

30. miklib says: May 10, 2017 7:25 PM

Can we just lock him up BEFORE he murders someone?

31. stoneydog1000 says: May 10, 2017 7:26 PM

You just don’t mess with a guy’s Rolls-Royce. You just don’t do it. ( or in my case a 2005 Ford 500.)

32. irishgary says: May 10, 2017 7:28 PM

The anger management quote is great LMFAO

33. stoneydog1000 says: May 10, 2017 7:33 PM

Oh, how I wish Gary Burbank’s “All My Bengals” was still on WLW radio at times like this.

34. questionableopinion says: May 10, 2017 7:39 PM

Adam Jones should have been banned from the NFL a long time ago. What an embarrassment.

35. walker1191 says: May 10, 2017 7:39 PM

what kind of organization keeps players like this?

Even if you want to excuse the off-field stuff, his melt down with Burfict at the end of the Steeler playoff game a couple years ago demonstrated that they’ll never win with him.

36. wartface says: May 10, 2017 8:06 PM

How long do you think he will keep that Rolls Royce? He will have to sell it when his final NFL contract expires.

A tune up on that car will cost him more than a new Ford pickup will cost him.

I’ll bet he’s already living on a month to month basis. When the checks quit coming he will need to start selling everything.😖

37. steelerfan63 says: May 10, 2017 8:12 PM

Marvin Lewis hinted that the Captains spot may go to Joe Mixon. Pacman just showing he still deserves it.

38. steelcurtainn says: May 10, 2017 8:18 PM

What a loser!

39. maust1013 says: May 10, 2017 8:18 PM

bobthebillsfan says:
    May 10, 2017 6:11 PM
    I’ll bet 100 to one that this guy ends up behind bars some day.

Any takers?
    =======================

With those odds I’d take it for $10. There’s probably better than a 1 in a 100 chance he ends up face down somewhere for failing to control that temper while dealing with the wrong person. I’m also willing to bet his anger management counseling ticks him off

40. tylawspick6 says: May 10, 2017 8:22 PM

how is this disgusting human still employed?

41. TomsulasMustache says: May 10, 2017 8:49 PM

Doesn’t look like a fender bender to me

42. pastabelly says: May 10, 2017 8:54 PM

Mixon’s mentor.

43. bonitalocal says: May 10, 2017 9:09 PM

Is it just me, or does it seem like Pacman has been being an A-hole for 40 years?
    How old is this moron?

44. returntoexcellence says: May 10, 2017 9:13 PM

dadsource says:
    May 10, 2017 6:29 PM
    ___________________________

Maybe the operator kept hanging up on you because 911 isn’t a f’in tow service.

Jackhole

45. Angry Orange Man says: May 10, 2017 9:13 PM

He should just pack man, and go amirite? 😄

46. shoesfinest says: May 10, 2017 9:21 PM

Bengals fan here. Bengals ownership disgusts me with the fact that this man is afforded the opportunity to earn millions of dollars while being a grade A piece of human dung. This guy belongs in prison, not playing football for millions of dollars already. Cut him already so he can finally get what he deserves and has coming to him.

47. shoesfinest says: May 10, 2017 9:23 PM

Adam Jones is nothing but a animal that belongs in a cage. He should not even be classified as a human being.

48. pooflingingmonkey says: May 10, 2017 9:27 PM

If this guy couldn’t play football, he’d be dead or in jail.

49. JCM1217 says: May 10, 2017 9:35 PM

Although he’s generally an idiot, I find it hypocritical AF that everyone is blasting Pacman for this… Dude was just in an accident… Someone hit his Rolls Royce… You mean to tell me all you people wouldn’t be pissed off if someone hit your $100k car?!?! Sure.

Was he an a-hole? Yes. Would I be an a-hole in a similar situation? I dunno, probably… And so would most of the people commenting on here. It’s a pretty normal reaction.

Again, he’s an idiot, and I would LOVE for the Bengals to move on… But come on, this is maybe the most normal thing he’s done.

50. nflfan5298 says: May 10, 2017 9:42 PM

I remember when pacman was drafted by the Titans. He could have been a HOF player, but his decision making is broken. Jones will never be a contender for the HOF and is very lucky he still has a job in the NFL.

51. TheodoreBabyHandsBustAqua says: May 10, 2017 9:53 PM

If anyone deserves their car to get wrecked, it’s Adam Jones. The punk doesn’t even deserve the nickname he wants to be called by.

Adam.

52. thereisfootballwestofjersey says: May 10, 2017 10:19 PM

Those air bags are sweet! They’re like extra chic decor. Embroidery on em even!

53. vikingdoode says: May 10, 2017 10:19 PM

He’s been flying off the handle alot

54. bigbenisabigbaby says: May 10, 2017 10:43 PM

When will these rich folks realize that a Rolls is a passenger’s car. Meaning it is built around the passenger in the rear, not the driver. Your chauffeur should be driving.

55. foodiefoodnerd says: May 10, 2017 11:29 PM

The dispatcher was not sarcastic; she asked if Jones was when he responded that his car is a Rolls Royce, prefacing it with an f-bomb.

A logical inference, considering how few actually own them, and that most references she hears on the job probably are sarcasm, especially when responding in that tone and language.

56. mongo3401 says: May 10, 2017 11:34 PM

You know take away the money? Misfits. Admit it or not. 70% of the NFL if not talented, would be misfits.

57. stipez says: May 11, 2017 12:58 AM

Wait, why did he call 911 for a fender bender? Rolls Royce would’ve taken him out in a chopper, the car too.

58. nopepper12 says: May 11, 2017 1:07 AM

Strange, I am not a Pacman fan, but I listened to the 911 call and he seemed pretty tame until she jumped down his throat for an exact location off the 125. He might of used profane language, but that’s probably his everyday rhetoric. Pacman has the media as his biggest enemy and that’s a bad sector not to have on your side.

59. stakex says: May 11, 2017 1:51 AM

FinFan68 says:
    May 10, 2017 5:55 PM

——————————————

…or maybe if he wasn’t going to those classes the headline would have read “NFL player shoots other driver after minor accident”

60. pittsburghdamned says: May 11, 2017 1:56 AM

Lolololol

I hope this guy never retires. Thank you. Marvin Lewis, for not administering any sort of discipline on clowns like this. I would be so disappointed to be deprived of the opportunity to laugh at your team & city year after year…

Mr Brown, please extend Coach Lewis’ contract ASAP

61. atahualpaoxford says: May 11, 2017 2:21 AM

Is this guy stu*pid or just pretending..??

62. nyneal says: May 11, 2017 3:33 AM

Jones is a typical of many players in the NFL. He can’t say a sentence without using profanity and he thinks the whole world owes him a living.

The 9-1-1 operator should have hung up on him as soon as he starting using profanity.

Someone above said they’ll bet Jones will end up in prison. I agree. He should be there already.

63. jessekbickers says: May 11, 2017 4:49 AM

redclaw1314 says:
    May 10, 2017 6:32 PM
    Mixon, Pacman, and Burfict—–what’s wrong with that picture?

The ONLY thing wrong with that picture is one needs to be cut (Pacman) and one never gets into trouble off the field… So, you failed, sorry.

I find it hilarious that people try to lump Burfict in with actual troublemakers, hahaha.

64. tbabes says: May 11, 2017 6:16 AM

samoanjungle says:
    “As a Bengals fan, I am tired of this guy. He has the personality of a punk teenager.”

An insult to punk teenagers everywhere!

65. bigbill8517 says: May 11, 2017 6:25 AM

Even Jerry Jones released this sorry excuse. He has everything going for him and doesn’t realize it. Check his history. It’s even worse that this.

66. thekillernacho says: May 11, 2017 8:09 AM

What an idiot.

67. pensfan1 says: May 11, 2017 8:10 AM

Everyone knows how to deal with a fender bender. If that task is too great or you don’t have the sense to handle it might be why he has to go to anger management. Everything that big a task to him? Cash don’t buy common sense. Suck it up. It’s just a car and it happens.

68. thereyougo2 says: May 11, 2017 8:28 AM

He should do comety. Classic phone call.

69. kcflake says: May 11, 2017 9:03 AM

Can the league just get rid of Adam jones already?????

70. RegisHawk says: May 11, 2017 9:06 AM

Typical.

71. kehnn13 says: May 11, 2017 10:11 AM

I think a lot of folks on here love to hate.

If you’ve ever been in a car accident, I’m sure you are aware that they are stressful, regardless of the severity, and most of us respond a bit more aggressively when under duress.

I’m not going to blame the operator, but it sounds like a silly policy to require an exact address, as car accidents often happen without a street address.

72. aj66shanghai says: May 11, 2017 1:22 PM

Let me translate 90% of the posts here:

“This ugly little porch monkey isn’t a good enough player any more to let him get away with acting in any way I perceive as ‘black’, which is just any behavior I don’t like really.”

You guys make me want to vomit. The worst part is that most of you have innocent kids that will grow up to be ignorant a__holes as well.

73. nopepper12 says: May 11, 2017 2:15 PM

Early prediction:

Pacman and Marvin on the same bus out of town before 2018 season.

74. youbettercallsaul says: May 11, 2017 3:23 PM

So get up get, get get down
    911 is a joke in yo town
    Get up, get, get, get down
    Late 911 wears the late crown

So get up get, get get down
    911 is a joke in yo town
    Get up, get, get, get down
    Late 911 wears the late crown

This guy and Mixon are going to be a fun train wreck to watch.

75. crownofthehelmet says: May 11, 2017 4:24 PM

Sad thing is he’s the best DB the bengals have.

aj66shanghai, unless I missed it, you’re the only one who’s bringing race into this discussion. You know it’s possible for someone to be an a-hole even if they’re pink, green, (list any color you want). It’s hilarious you’re worrying about other people’s kids being ignorant.

76. FootballHaiku says: May 11, 2017 8:23 PM

redclaw1314 says:
    May 10, 2017 6:32 PM

Mixon, Pacman, and Burfict—–what’s wrong with that picture?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

That’s the start of a good joke!

Mixon, Pacman, and Burfict walk into a bar…

77. steeldominance says: May 12, 2017 9:04 AM

dadsource says:
    May 10, 2017 6:29 PM

You called 911 because your car broke down? Were you or a passenger in need of emergency services? Its no wonder they hung up on you multiple times.