Aaron Hernandez’s fiancée thought news of suicide was a hoax

AP

In an interview that will debut next week on the syndicated Dr. Phil show, Shayanna Jenkins-Hernandez discusses the reaction to the news that her fiancée, Aaron Hernandez, had died in prison.

I thought it was a hoax, that this was some cruel person playing a trick on me,” Jenkins-Hernandez said, via quotes distributed in advance by the show. “I felt like we were looking so bright. We were going up a ladder to a positive direction.”

Only five days before his death, a jury acquitted Hernandez in the killings of Daniel de Abreu and Safiro Furtado. Lawyer Jose Baez, who secured the verdict in Hernandez’s favor, had expressed optimism that a conviction for the murder of Odin Lloyd could be overturned, and that a second trial could result in a not guilty verdict.

The suicide note left for Jenkins-Hernandez included this line from Hernandez: “I told you what was coming indirectly.” But Jenkins-Hernandez seemed to disagree.

“Our last talk had nothing to do with suicidal thoughts,” she said.

The interview, in two parts, is scheduled to air on Monday and Tuesday, May 15 and 16.

Permalink 27 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, New England Patriots, Rumor Mill
27 Responses to “Aaron Hernandez’s fiancée thought news of suicide was a hoax”
  1. chefninerapologist says: May 11, 2017 10:15 AM

We were going up a ladder to a positive direction? What the hell does that even mean? This whole thing makes me sick to my stomach.

This girl is guilty of evidence tampering and being an accessory to murder. He boyfriend has killed 3 people that we know of. If she had any moral fiber she would tell police what was in that box. We know she knew. “Forgetting” where she dumped it is a pathetic lie that will hopefully haunt her for years to come. I hope that when she lays her head on her pillow after tucking her baby girl in bed that all she sees in her dreams are the parents of those murdered men that are no longer here because of her sociopath lover.

Good luck with that Ms Jenkins…

2. Southpaw says: May 11, 2017 10:15 AM

Well that’s why he said “indirectly” …if they had talked about suicidal thoughts, that would’ve been directly talking about it

3. greggallmansliver says: May 11, 2017 10:27 AM

It wasn’t a hoax honey and he’s not innocent of murdering Odin Lloyd. Aaron had a history of violence and crime and it’s pretty well established that he liked him some boy time once in awhile. Not that there’s anything wrong with that. I’m sure Dr. Phil is going to help you understand all of that. Make as much money as you can now because you’re about to become irrelevant in about fifteen minutes.

4. DitkasHair says: May 11, 2017 10:27 AM

Things were POSITIVE & Looking up? Is this woman that delusional? He’s in PRISON FOR LIFE !!!!

I must DVR this Phil show, it should be rich.

5. bostonbarney says: May 11, 2017 10:27 AM

Dr. Phil is one step above Jerry Springer, and falling.

6. chewy724 says: May 11, 2017 10:44 AM

Will she be wearing Aaron’s Patriot jersey during the show? Must see TV!!!

7. patfic5 says: May 11, 2017 10:51 AM

She’s just as big a pile of trash as he was…..

8. softhelmet says: May 11, 2017 10:57 AM

Talk about crocodile tears! This is why people should hate daytime TV.

9. tylawspick6 says: May 11, 2017 11:04 AM

there is some definite mental illness channeling
    through both of those families

10. diveleft says: May 11, 2017 11:05 AM

Why do they refer to her as Jenkins-Hernandez when they never got married? Her last name is just Jenkins.

11. maust1013 says: May 11, 2017 11:06 AM

It shouldn’t surprise anyone this was headed for Dr Phil territory all along

12. kerrchris65 says: May 11, 2017 11:16 AM

why do women carry on relationships with people in prison for life without possibility for parole?

13. ihavenoeyedeer says: May 11, 2017 11:29 AM

14. RegisHawk says: May 11, 2017 11:37 AM

Did she think it was a hoax when he murdered those people too?

15. troubledoneswhobathe says: May 11, 2017 12:01 PM

I hope the Pats don’t pay her his bonus and bleed her out in legal fees. Hernandez was dirty as Hell!

16. 400marios says: May 11, 2017 12:07 PM

Too bad the reversal of his conviction wasn’t a hoax

17. nathanp2013 says: May 11, 2017 12:10 PM

Not sure what is more shocking… Hernandez not being able to give a tip of the cap or his Fiancee not being able to read between the lines.

18. absolutevisuals says: May 11, 2017 12:13 PM

“She chose scum over her own sister. I wonder if they talk about that on Dr. Phil?”

Being related doesn’t mean you’re close. In fact it doesn’t really mean anything other than sharing ancestry.

19. silvernblacksabbath says: May 11, 2017 12:31 PM

It was a hoax.. The whole thing is..

20. boisestatewhodat says: May 11, 2017 12:42 PM

It’s like Elvis all over again.

21. milwaukeeguy says: May 11, 2017 12:43 PM

I stopped reading when I got to ‘Dr. Phil.’

22. whenwilliteverend says: May 11, 2017 12:45 PM

I’m sure the families of his murder victims were also hoping it was a hoax. I don’t feel sorry for Hernandez or his family. Instead, I feel sorry for the families of those he murdered.

23. blowfishes says: May 11, 2017 12:49 PM

If it’s true as reported that Hernandez killed to prevent information on his sexual identity being shared, then the only hoax I see here is his relationship with Shayanna Jenkins-Hernandez…

24. bills9951 says: May 11, 2017 12:53 PM

How would she have known? She learned “not to ask any questions in certain situations”.

Justice was served. RIP odin lloyd, safiro furtado and daniel de abreu.

Shayanna should stay out of the public and be thankful she wasnt charged as an accessory to murder.

25. mzew233 says: May 11, 2017 1:33 PM

I just looked on Wikipedia and it says that his conviction was NOT GUILTY of his 2nd trial.

So the first 15 commenters saying he murdered 3 people. Technically that’s only one. Since he was not guilty of the other 2.
    This was NOT an oj type case that had the jury and prosecution blowing it.
    This was an immunity laden case with holes in it everywhere.
    So pipe down with those comments

26. SincereHuman says: May 11, 2017 2:16 PM

I’m surprised how many legal experts we have providing free analysis on this blog. I’m not a legal expert, but I too read he is viewed as not guilty in the eyes of the commonwealth of Massachusetts. I wish only the best for all the relatives of all the deceased, in particular the children.

27. bkostela says: May 11, 2017 2:31 PM

Convenient for her, it wasn’t a hoax.