Caleb Brantley has “chip on my shoulder” regarding battery allegation

Getty Images

Browns draft pick Caleb Brantley wouldn’t go into details about his assault allegation which clouds his status with the team, but he did say he was drawing motivation from the attention he’s gotten since then.

Brantley talked to reporters at the team’s rookie minicamp Friday. He hasn’t signed yet, and the team has said they may still get rid of him, depending on what they find find in their own investigation of the April incident in which he was accused of hitting a woman in the face. Local authorities in Florida have not decided whether to charge him or not.

“I ain’t going to say I did hear all the stuff that was said about me, but there’s definitely a chip on my shoulder,” Brantley said, via Pat McManamon of ESPN.com. “I’m just going to go out and prove everybody wrong who said bad things about me, said I have character issues and all of that. But . . . I ain’t really worried about it. I’m just ready to move on.”

Brantley said he was “thankful” to be given a chance by the Browns, who stopped a draft slide in the sixth round. But he wouldn’t get into the discussions he had with the team, and said it hasn’t come up with teammates.

“I feel like I’m a genuine, you know, great person,” Brantley said. “I’m just out here playing football, the game that I love, trying to take care of my mom and my brother. Obviously, everyone got their opinions on social media and stuff like that, but my teammates can speak for that, people who know me.”

Permalink 12 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Cleveland Browns, Home, Rumor Mill
12 Responses to “Caleb Brantley has “chip on my shoulder” regarding battery allegation”
  1. mrfrostyj says: May 12, 2017 3:08 PM

——————————————————————–

Why? Isn’t that the whole reason people sue others for slander?

If your reputation and personal life was being effected by an accusation that you think is unfair pretty sure this would be you and any other normal persons exact reaction.

2. crp63 says: May 12, 2017 3:08 PM

glad to see that college edumacation be in put to good use….

3. dawgturd says: May 12, 2017 3:08 PM

“It’s one thing to not say anything about a pending legal matter, but to take offense at the reality it is being reported and drawing motivation from it is an odd decision.”

Or Maybe because​ he didn’t hit her.

4. monsterscream says: May 12, 2017 3:12 PM

Seems like the ‘chip on his shoulder’ is what got him the battery charge in the first place.

5. winningisabrees says: May 12, 2017 3:14 PM

Not a great choice of words

6. steelerfan63 says: May 12, 2017 3:24 PM

He’ll fit right in with that city and franchise.

7. 700levelvet says: May 12, 2017 3:33 PM

Yeah yeah yeah…Thankful… Blessed…I’m a great person… I will grow and learn from this…help the community…umm..and any other cliches I can think of…

8. kcflake says: May 12, 2017 3:40 PM

It seems like University of Florida produces a lot of POS athletes.

9. jag1959 says: May 12, 2017 3:51 PM

“I ain’t going to say I did hear all the stuff…”

Another quality product of the Florida educational system

10. yaaaaaaay says: May 12, 2017 3:55 PM

Another hood rat beating white women and getting away with it. Blm smh

11. ZombieVikings says: May 12, 2017 8:14 PM

I’m just over here being a great guy and all…….(pay no attention to the unicorn in the room)

12. realkelevra says: May 15, 2017 10:52 AM

“He’ll fit right in with that city and franchise.”
    ………………………………………………………………..

I don’t want to get into the charges because I have heard wildly different versions, but you do know that it wasn’t Pittsburgh that drafted him right steelerfan63?