Cardinals’ John Brown played with a cyst on his spine

Getty Images

Cardinals receiver John Brown struggled through a disappointing season last year, having career lows in every statistical category. A significant health issue may have been the reason.

Brown told ESPN today that a cyst was found on his spine and that when it was drained after the season he felt better instantly.

I’m feeling like myself,” Brown said. “I’m feeling good. I’m ready to help the team again.”

Brown said lifting weights and even eating had been difficult, and it was wearing on him mentally.

“It was painful,” Brown said. “Not only I couldn’t help the team, I wasn’t the person that my family knew I can be.”

Now, the Cardinals say Brown looks great in offseason workouts. Getting him back up to speed could be an important part of the Cardinals getting back to the playoffs.

Permalink 13 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Rumor Mill, Top Stories
13 Responses to “Cardinals’ John Brown played with a cyst on his spine”
  1. waynefontesismyfather says: May 16, 2017 8:30 PM

…even eating had been difficult….

I wish I had his problems, maybe I wouldn’t check in at 370 if I couldn’t eat and didn’t drink a fifth of Jack everyday.

2. jag1959 says: May 16, 2017 8:37 PM

waynefontesismyfather says:
    May 16, 2017 8:30 PM
    …even eating had been difficult….

_____________________

And here we thought you didn’t know Jack

3. dwoofer says: May 16, 2017 8:49 PM

I hope all of his med problems are resolved. He is a really nice person, in addition to being greased lightning on the football field.

4. truths4all says: May 16, 2017 9:09 PM

Vegas and all of the “experts” have the Cards at 7.5 and lower.

If Brown, Palmer, Honey Badger, and the O-Line are healthy again, they will blow out these predictions with ease.

5. arctantheta says: May 16, 2017 9:18 PM

Sounds like it’s risky to remove it, so there could be a recurrence going forward. At least now it’ll be monitored regularly.

6. speicher145 says: May 16, 2017 9:24 PM

I wish I would’ve known that before I wasted an early-mid round fantasy draft pick on him. Dude was a monster his first year. Have a feeling I may take the risk on him again….

7. kamthechancellor says: May 16, 2017 9:41 PM

7-9…Gabbert finishes the season as the starter after Palmer flubs again.

8. bkostela says: May 16, 2017 10:08 PM

Why wasn’t he ever listed on the injury report if he had back pain all season?

9. eramming says: May 16, 2017 10:29 PM

Key to AZ offense

10. Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Carlos Hyde says: May 16, 2017 11:43 PM

Fantasy sleeper. If you consider a #2 receiver a sleeper. I was wondering why it seemed like he took a step back last year. Stay healthy JB!

11. poison66 says: May 17, 2017 1:11 AM

This was reported about a month ago.

12. shooter28 says: May 17, 2017 7:25 PM

Elite WR John Brown w/ his elite 4.29 40spd back to full 110% health will be a MAJOR boost to the Cardinals offense giving AZ another elite intermediate-deep threat WR. Even in a Down Year where he was sick and then missed several games he still had 40rec’s for 520YDs/3TDs , Healthy he is a 1200+YD WR all day long. Arizona also has excellent 5″11 WR JJ Nelson who has developed into a BEAST playing at an extremely high level who with 4.25spd is a monster on the field and will only get better. 6″3/205pd WR Jaron Brown is an excellent WR as well with 4.39spd who is taking over as a starter this year & AZ drafted a Beast of a WR in 6″2/205pd WR Chad Williams who possesses elite 4.34 40yd speed as well as elite long speed, elite very strong hands & is extremely physical, that kid is going to be a monster his rookie year.

13. shooter28 says: May 17, 2017 7:27 PM

truths4all says:
    May 16, 2017 9:09 PM
    Vegas and all of the “experts” have the Cards at 7.5 and lower.

________________________________

They have Arizona at 10.3 wins for this next season , So I am not sure what you are talking about. They had AZ at 11.0 before the draft, I am not sure how they fell when AZ got far better in the draft.
    AZ is loaded this year, they won’t have an issue fielding both an Elite top 5 Defense and Offense.