Jason McCourty likes what’s “brewing” in Cleveland

Getty Images

Jason McCourty can smell what the Browns are cooking. He signed a contract there anyway.

“After taking my visit it became clear what is brewing within this organization in Cleveland,” Jason McCourty said in a press release issued by the Browns to announce his arrival. “For me, that made it an easy decision. Obviously, I had a year of experience with [defensive coordinator] Gregg Williams so I know how crazy he is and how much energy he brings to the table. I know what his defenses consist of. In talking with Sashi [Brown] and coach Hue Jackson, it was obvious. The energy flowed through the entire building with everybody I talked to all the way to the players. I want to be a part of something where I felt like I am wanted and where I feel like I’m part of a family. This was an easy decision for me.”

The decision may have been easier based on the fact that, by all appearances, the Browns were the only team that seriously pursued him.

As to Williams, he’s definitely “crazy” — as the Saints bounty scandal and the cartoonish comments caught on tape during a pregame meeting before a playoff game with the 49ers previously established. The craziest aspect of the situation is that he has remained gainfully employed in the NFL following his one-year suspension.

Permalink 15 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Cleveland Browns, Home, Rumor Mill
15 Responses to “Jason McCourty likes what’s “brewing” in Cleveland”
  1. fiddlinred says: May 17, 2017 2:24 PM

Gregg Williams is a good coordinator. Thats it. He comes from the Buddy Ryan tree, and they prided themselves in knocking qbs out of games. He did his time and should be allowed to work.

2. therealjr says: May 17, 2017 2:25 PM

I have never seen a more hyped 1-15 team in my life.

3. ctiggs says: May 17, 2017 2:43 PM

Gregg Williams is pretty crazy… not going to lie when I heard those tapes I was dying laughing and he was talking about my team!

4. joemammy says: May 17, 2017 2:44 PM

Welcome to the Dawg Pound!

5. waynefontesismyfather says: May 17, 2017 2:51 PM

Yeah, how did that “crazy” work out for Gregg in New Orleans?

6. kabasaman says: May 17, 2017 2:56 PM

Whatever they do, they can only go up. The Lord knows the Brown’s need all the help they can get.

7. chinahand11 says: May 17, 2017 3:02 PM

He could be The Rock’s brother.

8. middletestament says: May 17, 2017 3:04 PM

I imagine Jason McCourty ends up playing safety for the Browns.

9. conciselogic says: May 17, 2017 3:59 PM

They are the Browns and they still have no QB.

I predict a 100% improvement and they go 2-14 next year.

That’s what’s brewing.

10. stairwayto7 says: May 17, 2017 3:59 PM

This worthless organization had Butch Davis, Eric Man”genius” as head coaches, Lombardi as a g.m. and Mike Holgrem as team president and still lucky to win 5 games a year!

11. avenger9800 says: May 17, 2017 5:22 PM

I can care less if Gregg Williams is as crazy as a loone, as long as he gets that defense to actually hit people. I’m sick and tired of not being able to stop teams in third and 25 situations because of poor tackling. As a Matter of a fact, I can’t think of a better person for the job.

12. crabbies2013 says: May 17, 2017 6:50 PM

Williams is overrated.

13. norsehorse88 says: May 18, 2017 1:56 AM

If he smells anything, it’s probably a Cleveland Steamer.

14. sb44champs says: May 19, 2017 11:11 AM

Yeah, how did that “crazy” work out for Gregg in New Orleans?
    =====================
    Saints SB44Champions

15. monk johanan says: May 23, 2017 5:45 AM

Jason McCourty is just being honest. Good players can feel it when something’s ‘a happenin.’ I think the Browns will have a winning season soon, I really do and I’ve been a fan, watching teams closely for half a century. The “Dawg Pound”s gonna have fun this year. I believe Cody Kessler’s got that special brew as well as the whole Brown’s 2017 organization. Its a brewin and if i lived in cleveland, I’d proudly sit with the ‘Dawg Pound’ because happy days are a comin, and the victory train I can hear her comin’ round the bend… “Daaawwwggg Pound!!!!”